Nash Video Thread

jchensorjchensor Salty ChenJoined: Posts: 1,934 admin
edited March 2016 in Nash
Want to see some good examples of top players using Nash? Want to post your own matches for critique and advice from fellow Forum members? This is the thread for you.

=== NOTE: If you want to become the OP for this thread so you can maintain the top post to aggregate the thread's information here, contact me via the SRK messaging system and I will be able to convert you to become the OP for this thread. ===
Post edited by jchensor on
http://jchensor.blogspot.com

"We don't stop playing because we get old. We get old because we stop playing." -- Doyle Brunson

"Every time you win, it diminishes the fear a little bit. You never really cancel the fear of losing; you keep challenging it." -- Arthur Ashe

(AV art obtained from here: http://meatbun.us/blog/?p=162)

Comments

  • Heavy_MentalHeavy_Mental Fueled by caffeine and salt. Joined: Posts: 1,236
    edited February 2016
    Here's a playlist of Nash matches I've been compiling for a few months. I'll be adding matches on a regular basis.

    Got matches of all the top Nashes I know of - Infiltration, Windalfr, LI Joe, Tokido, Dieminion, Yukadon, Kazunoko.

    Post edited by Heavy_Mental on
    “In the long run men hit only what they aim for. Therefore though they should fail immediately, they had better aim at something high." - Henry David Thoreau
  • NuAgeHeatNuAgeHeat Joined: Posts: 3
    Here's a basic rundown of Nash's standard & special moves, frame links, and V skills. I think it's a handy resource.


    Street Fighter V: Nash Character Breakdown
    Created by:SupermanSajam
  • MastaSWMastaSW Joined: Posts: 199
    Here's a playlist of Nash matches I've been compiling for a few months. Got matches of all the top Nashes I know of - Infiltration, Windalfr, LI Joe, and Tokido.


    Dieminion also has a damn good Nash. Watching him play in a few of the East Coast tourneys was nice. The mirror match I seen between him and LI Joe was dope too
    DBFZ for Me
    PSN - SNCK916
  • JoutaiJoutai Some Ken Player Joined: Posts: 644
    Hey, SRK. Some matches of XsK Samurai's Ryu and old school PatMonsta209's Nash.


  • Heavy_MentalHeavy_Mental Fueled by caffeine and salt. Joined: Posts: 1,236
    MastaSW wrote: »
    Dieminion also has a damn good Nash. Watching him play in a few of the East Coast tourneys was nice. The mirror match I seen between him and LI Joe was dope too

    Absolutely. Saw replays of his matches on RBK's channel last night and immediately added them to my playlist. Dieminion's neutral game is on point.
    “In the long run men hit only what they aim for. Therefore though they should fail immediately, they had better aim at something high." - Henry David Thoreau
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 942
    Ok, so I've been hard at work on this.
    It's the first video I've ever actually edited so feel free to be brutal.

    Anyways -

  • MastaSWMastaSW Joined: Posts: 199
    MastaSW wrote: »
    Dieminion also has a damn good Nash. Watching him play in a few of the East Coast tourneys was nice. The mirror match I seen between him and LI Joe was dope too

    Absolutely. Saw replays of his matches on RBK's channel last night and immediately added them to my playlist. Dieminion's neutral game is on point.

    Yea for sure. I definitely need to work on my spacing and neutral game with Nash, plus my anti-airs
    DBFZ for Me
    PSN - SNCK916
  • MastaSWMastaSW Joined: Posts: 199
    Zachara wrote: »
    Ok, so I've been hard at work on this.
    It's the first video I've ever actually edited so feel free to be brutal.

    Anyways -


    Man that was GREAT I don't know what the hell you're talking about as far as being brutal on your editing. It was easy to follow, had notations, wasn't too fast and the tech is super useful too. I'll be taking a LOT from this if not all.LoL.I'm a visual learner more so than reading things out so thanks. Good stuff
    DBFZ for Me
    PSN - SNCK916
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 942
    Thanks, I appreciate it and I'm glad that it's useful to you. :)
  • Sal-VSal-V MachineGunBro Joined: Posts: 108
    Zachara wrote: »
    Ok, so I've been hard at work on this.
    It's the first video I've ever actually edited so feel free to be brutal.

    Anyways -


    Excellent video! Very well made and keep them coming dude!
    TEAM DON'T EVER STOP. Check out our FB Page!
    https://www.facebook.com/teamdes/
  • KilleyKilley Game Over Yeeeaaaahhhhh Joined: Posts: 5,560
    VesperArcade did a combo video for Nash that goes over common situations. Pretty much a guide on his BnBs.

    All posts made by Killey are intended for discerning readers. All views & opinions are subject to change without notice. Killey will not apologize for any misinterpretations of his posts.
  • str[e]akstr[e]ak Friendly Neighborhood Sneaker Ninja Joined: Posts: 2,885
    I enter tournaments as Real Life Bonus Stage:
    Twitter: @eddyRLBS
    YouTube: akaRLBS
    Twitch: sneakerninja



  • KazDa973KazDa973 Joined: Posts: 348


    Should definitely be of use here
  • Heavy_MentalHeavy_Mental Fueled by caffeine and salt. Joined: Posts: 1,236
    Here's a video of Infiltration tearing shit up. Matches are pretty one-sided unfortunately, but there is plenty to learn, particularly from Infiltration's spacing and movement. He also does a few cute V-Trigger setups here and there.

    “In the long run men hit only what they aim for. Therefore though they should fail immediately, they had better aim at something high." - Henry David Thoreau
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,313
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,687
    It's hard to explain why infiltration is so good. He's not really doing anything except great spacing and movement.
  • KilleyKilley Game Over Yeeeaaaahhhhh Joined: Posts: 5,560
    I like in the final round of the Infiltration vs Veloren match, Infiltration purposely ended a combo in Forward Sonic Scythe to prevent stun. Then when he got the stun, he ended his combo in EX Tragedy Assault so that it would replenish his health to max so he could get the Perfect KO. lol
    All posts made by Killey are intended for discerning readers. All views & opinions are subject to change without notice. Killey will not apologize for any misinterpretations of his posts.
  • ArtOfWarArtOfWar Joined: Posts: 24
    edited March 2016
    Can someone explain to me exactly what some of these Nash players are doing? I am unable to analyze high level game play because I don't understand the game at that level. I watch these videos but learn nothing because my eye isn't trained to see what other players can see.

    I mean I can understand SOME stuff such as why this block string works, punishment, Okizeme, basically what the naked eye can see. What I don't get is the thought process behind the decision. Why this player chose to approach with this tactic or matchup analysis. Stuff a beginner can't possibly know without in depth knowledge.
    I am a total scrub at Street Fighter.
  • KilleyKilley Game Over Yeeeaaaahhhhh Joined: Posts: 5,560
    ArtOfWar wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me exactly what some of these Nash players are doing? I am unable to analyze high level game play because I don't understand the game at that level. I watch these videos but learn nothing because my eye isn't trained to see what other players can see.

    I mean I can understand SOME stuff such as why this block string works, punishment, Okizeme, basically what the naked eye can see. What I don't get is the thought process behind the decision. Why this player chose to approach with this tactic or matchup analysis. Stuff a beginner can't possibly know without in depth knowledge.

    It would help if you pick a video that you have questions about. Ultimately, none of us get truly get into the mind of a player and say for 100% certainty why they do certain things. There's some situations where it's a bit more clear but not everything is black and white.

    All posts made by Killey are intended for discerning readers. All views & opinions are subject to change without notice. Killey will not apologize for any misinterpretations of his posts.
  • andeRK83andeRK83 tiGeR! Joined: Posts: 389
    I'm not the best player, but I played vs a pro Smite player yesterday.
    I noticed he had "TV" in his tag and decided to check if he was on twitch.
    Turned out he was pretty salty.


    PSN: andeRK83
    SFV Tag: baSick-
  • HyugaRicdeauHyugaRicdeau Joined: Posts: 6
    Lol, that was actually quite funny :D
  • andeRK83andeRK83 tiGeR! Joined: Posts: 389
    Lol, that was actually quite funny :D

    lol glad you enjoyed it
    PSN: andeRK83
    SFV Tag: baSick-
  • HyugaRicdeauHyugaRicdeau Joined: Posts: 6
    Remember tho, you won only because you played like a bitch and anyone can do that. Had you played like for example Infiltration, you would have been destroyed ;)
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 942


    Watching this match just shows how far ahead of everyone else Infiltration is.
    It's almost sickening to watch how fluid he is.
  • iishrakiishrak Joined: Posts: 27
    The traditional advice given in sf to boob's is "never jump". To play like infiltration you must never walk. Such great use of dashes and command normals, it's like he's playing a different character.
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 942
    I'm still convinced that Infiltration's Nash has Laura's V-Skill.
    That's the only possible way he can be that smooth with his movement.
    I suppose the other answer is "Git gd" but I don't want to hear that.
    :)
  • OrochiLeonaOrochiLeona Joined: Posts: 12
    Cool little video of Nash doing his thang. That Rashid reset at 0:30 tho.

  • GroundedSFGroundedSF Joined: Posts: 639
    edited May 2016
    Edit: Wrong thread.
  • bizzyrokbizzyrok Joined: Posts: 137
    edited May 2016
    JaycTheAce vs Nuckledu

  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,313
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • andeRK83andeRK83 tiGeR! Joined: Posts: 389
    Best compliment I've ever received as a street fighter player.

    PSN: andeRK83
    SFV Tag: baSick-
  • CapMasterCapMaster OG Pad Player Joined: Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Good Afternoon SRK,

    I am a Karin main who has been learning and playing Nash as a backup character, and there were two ranked matches/sets that I lost last night that left me feeling very frustrated and very confused.

    Here is the first set, against a Ryu player:



    With Nash, it appears I sometimes struggle against players who seem to not give any type of response to Sonic Booms, and at times in this match, it felt like that is exactly what happened. How do you play against an opponent who is content to just stay on the opposite side of the screen and not attempt to jump forward or evade Sonic Booms?

    Here is the second set, against a Fang player:



    I suppose you can say that I'm not entirely sure how to approach the Fang matchup, or what am I supposed to do when he starts his close range pressure.

    In general, how do you play against players who you want to keep away, yet...Seem to be content with being kept away, because it also means that you also can not get in to do damage?

    Thank you to anyone who may be able to help!
    Reborn ST hustler.
    2009 Gamestop Regional Champion
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i don't know the FANG matchup well (ran into my first fang yesterday online) but the Ryu match up isn't too difficult. stay your distance where you can poke/counter poke and AA. as for booms, chase your hp SB with dashes and Moonsaults if he's just parrying from far away. you can also do his old trick of waiting just before hp. SB hits and VT behind them, etc. mix it up also and learn to use booms in footsie range. every now and then, dash in from poke range to throw if he's being too defensive. also, use his overhead in block strings more and use cr. lk, cr. lp xx lk. SS to open him up.

    i'm not a pro or anything but i know these character boards can get pretty dead so try out my advice but i'm sure there are way better players here who know exactly what to do.


    “... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

    psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • CapMasterCapMaster OG Pad Player Joined: Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 2017
    Thank you for taking the time to try to help me and give me some advice pootnannies! I have taken your advice to heart, and I have been trying to go for my dash in, throw attempts and V-Trigger Sonic Boom mixups. Sometimes I can be hesitant to go for a dash in throws, as I have a tendency to grow very frustrated if an already very defensive opponent seems to be countering those.

    Here is something minor that popped into my head over the weekend that could not just apply to Nash, but to any character in any fighting game: Sometimes, I can grow frustrated if my attacks are continuously blocked, and it can make me less willing to attack, as I fear that the attack could just get blocked. However, I remembered that it can be important to make your opponent block an attack, as the push back that it creates can both guard your space and push your opponent outside of a zone or space that he or she wants to occupy.

    That being said, here are a couple of more recent videos of my Nash:

    Vs. Birdie:


    Vs. Ryu:


    Vs, Zangief:


    Vs. Balrog:


    Reborn ST hustler.
    2009 Gamestop Regional Champion
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    CapMaster wrote: »
    Thank you for taking the time to try to help me and give me some advice pootnannies! I have taken your advice to heart, and I have been trying to go for my dash in, throw attempts and V-Trigger Sonic Boom mixups. Sometimes I can be hesitant to go for a dash in throws, as I have a tendency to grow very frustrated if an already very defensive opponent seems to be countering those.

    Here is something minor that popped into my head over the weekend that could not just apply to Nash, but to any character in any fighting game: Sometimes, I can grow frustrated if my attacks are continuously blocked, and it can make me less willing to attack, as I fear that the attack could just get blocked. However, I remembered that it can be important to make your opponent block an attack, as the push back that it creates can both guard your space and push your opponent outside of a zone or space that he or she wants to occupy.

    That being said, here are a couple of more recent videos of my Nash:


    Vs. Ryu:

    yes, keep the pressure of them blocking but not just to move them a little but also to build up gray health. if they make a mistake, a jab from you could do as much damage as a throw or st.hp.

    i only watched the vs Ryu vid so far. you're doing a good job anti-airing and using a reset during your combos. the part that i see you struggle with is jumping in too much. that distance where you feel like you should jump is exactly when you shouldn't. use f.hp and f.hk more from those ranges. also use mk SS from max range because most characters can't punish it from there. that will help close the gap and keep pressure without risking a jump. the Ryu player dp'd you almost every time you jumped from that range.
    once you start using mk.SS and your command normals from that jump range, he'll start to expect those and will not expect dash up throw. then you can maybe throw a jump and he might not react in time because he's expecting ground stuff, but keep it minimal with the jumps from that particular range.

    i hope you continue to get better and better!


    “... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

    psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • CapMasterCapMaster OG Pad Player Joined: Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Thank you again for your help, and for your encouragement! I have been working towards trying to implement your advice into my game. I want to try to use Backfist and medium Sonic Scythe more. However, since the patch, I am nervous about throwing out Sonic Scythe, as it is much more punishable and I am not yet fully aware of what new things it can be punished by. I can also sometimes be hesitant to throw out Backfist, as I am nervous about it being jumped over. Would you say that I would have to learn the proper time to use each move to prevent things like that (someone jumping over and punishing my Backfist or Sonic Scythe) from happening?
    Reborn ST hustler.
    2009 Gamestop Regional Champion
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    well i would say to learn how to use all his command normals just so you're comfortable using them, even if rarely. Nash needs everything he has so learning the timing and spacing of all moves is important.

    it does happen from time to time that your opponent will jump over your f.hp but it doesn't usually end up in a crossup and somewhat reset things but you'll be on the opposite side and very close. it takes risk but it keeps them guessing and not always expecting a boom or bazooka knee and it can get you a CC. from there you can EX TA if you need health or hp TA if you need meter. as for medium SS, from my experience, it's character dependent but i wouldn't throw it out at Rog if he had meter or if any character has super. also, just being patient and neutral jump. neutral jump grab is really good at stopping crossups or going air to air with anybody. don't be afraid to experiment either. max range Moonsault or even just short of hitting for gimmicks. also forgot to mention f.mk as it actually has it's uses.

    like i mentioned before i'm no pro so there's probably better advice. i watch Bonchan vids on youtube to learn how to deal with certain things. he's like one of the few pro players that stayed with Nash after S2 dropped a fat turd on the character. from what i've seen in your videos it seems you are creative enough to eventually discover the answers you're seeking so hang in there and if the whole ranked points thing bothers you, just let it go to shit and keep experimenting. eventually you'll learn all spacing options, meaties and setups where you'll easily climb back up the ladder.


    “... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

    psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    video of Bonchan giving a Nash tutorial. unfortunately it's entirely in Japanese so i can't understand a thing.



    “... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

    psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
Sign In or Register to comment.