Necalli Video Thread

jchensorjchensor Salty ChenJoined: Posts: 1,934 admin
edited March 2016 in Necalli
Want to see some good examples of top players using Necalli? Want to post your own matches for critique and advice from fellow Forum members? This is the thread for you.

=== NOTE: If you want to become the OP for this thread so you can maintain the top post to aggregate the thread's information here, contact me via the SRK messaging system and I will be able to convert you to become the OP for this thread. ===
Post edited by jchensor on
http://jchensor.blogspot.com

"We don't stop playing because we get old. We get old because we stop playing." -- Doyle Brunson

"Every time you win, it diminishes the fear a little bit. You never really cancel the fear of losing; you keep challenging it." -- Arthur Ashe

(AV art obtained from here: http://meatbun.us/blog/?p=162)

Comments

• BenjiTopazBenjiTopaz Joined: Posts: 8
    Just made this tutorial video on the options Necalli has when scoring a Crush Counter Sweep. youtube.com/watch?v=2CVn6lIzr7Y
  • ninja_velmorninja_velmor Munchi Joined: Posts: 1,015
    ^ some great tech in this video. Keep it up
    "let strength be granted so the world might be mended....... so the world might be mended":- demon's souls
    "I ain't addicted, i'm committed"- Wiz khalifa
  • AGMANAGMAN The World Ends With You Joined: Posts: 1
    Highlight reel of Alucard very much how I think he should be played personally.

Also this is a good channel for necalli
    tech
    Twitch:
  • Just FokuZJust FokuZ ShadowKhaN Joined: Posts: 409
    ShadowKhaN SRK
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,448
    edited February 2016
    GGXrdR2: Baiken
    T7:  Jin, Nina
    SFV: Juri
    USFIV: Yun Cody Guy

• AreEyeSeaKayAreEyeSeaKay Joined: Posts: 1,641
    edited February 2016
    Low level stuff, but I've got a bunch of matches uploaded vs a Bison. Just thought I'd share.

Vs standingfierce:
  • BraboChokeBraboChoke I take my food for thought with a pinch of salt Joined: Posts: 518
    biffotasy - Combo vid

• BraboChokeBraboChoke I take my food for thought with a pinch of salt Joined: Posts: 518
    Alucard Part 2
  • InsaneRikkInsaneRikk Swede - youtube.com/sebastianrikk Joined: Posts: 38
    Some tech/tip-videos I made:

I can ride my bike with no EX bars, no EX bars.

www.youtube.com/sfxtekkenrikk
  • SpinisterSpinister Huk Joined: Posts: 104
    InsaneRikk wrote: »

cr.mp xx hp.slash does not work in vtrigger, but s.mp xx hp.slash does!
    Fighter ID: Spinister
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,817

Quick notes: HK Stomp is a terrible meaty. It's 0 on block and pushes you well out of command throw distance while a Potemkin Bustered (HCB then Forward) Command Throw tends to connect after a st.mk meaty and if said meaty hits you get more out of it. The only time you should be using it is off a HP air reset where you cancel the HP and get an automatic meaty; the idea is that you're getting more damage off the reset than a jab or medium would give but a worse setup. When in V-Trigger it's even better as it's +3 on block which lets you throw out a cr.mp and beat anything they press. But if you have time to do a meaty stomp, you have time to do a meaty st.lk which is the god meaty.

Off a connected HK Stomp you have a few choices.

Midscreen
    Close: HP DP, EX DP, EX Stomp, CA. I prefer EX Stomps here as while it trades a little damage for stun over EX DP the positioning is a million times better as it drops them at your feet but EX DP does have better corner carry. CA is of course there for loads of damage
    Mid range: EX DP, EX Stomp, CA. Basically you lose out on your meterless followup here.
    Tip: CA only.

Corner: Same options as before, but swap MP DP for HP DP as it does more damage (the first hit of the HP DP doesn't connect). You can freely EX DP as well thanks to them being stuck in the corner so there isn't much reason to EX Stomp here.
  • InsaneRikkInsaneRikk Swede - youtube.com/sebastianrikk Joined: Posts: 38
    edited February 2016
    Ok, thanks for the info guys! Alot of stuff to learn now early on. :)

Yeah, that was me typing the wrong thing, thanks for the heads up Spinister. :)
    I can ride my bike with no EX bars, no EX bars.

www.youtube.com/sfxtekkenrikk
  • SpinisterSpinister Huk Joined: Posts: 104
    Ok, thanks for the info guys! Alot of stuff to learn now early on. :)

Yeah, that was me typing the wrong thing, thanks for the heads up Spinister. :)

Good looking out though, try more of these setups!
    Fighter ID: Spinister
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,410

• RuLeZRuLeZ Joined: Posts: 118
    Getting a little familiar with SFV. In this casual my focus is on simple basics. Didnt really bother to use V-Trigger, yet i know how to combo with it.
    "Dissatisfaction is the first step for success. The last steps are the hardest and rarest to be climbed."
  • LaMaquinaLaMaquina Joined: Posts: 177
    RuLeZ wrote: »
    Getting a little familiar with SFV. In this casual my focus is on simple basics. Didnt really bother to use V-Trigger, yet i know how to combo with it.

Nice finish
    edited March 2016
    I really, desperately need to practice my confirms into super, my AA, and my cringe worthy lack of crush counter punishes.

I've got a whole playlist uploaded, if you have any criticism I'd appreciate it. I know I need to do a lot to get better.. Need some time to really play.
    Haitani (not sure, someone correct me if I'm wrong) puttin' in work:

edited March 2016
    Hitboxes (ignore the uploader's obvious typo in the title)

• toloretolore Joined: Posts: 1,696
    I really, desperately need to practice my confirms into super, my AA, and my cringe worthy lack of crush counter punishes.

I've got a whole playlist uploaded, if you have any criticism I'd appreciate it. I know I need to do a lot to get better.. Need some time to really play.

One thing I noticed right off the bat was, when you stunned you went straight into 5.hp. You can neutral jump j.hp->5.hp and get some more damage, probably would have killed there before you had a chance to miss the link. Also, even with a slow react you probably could have done TC->vskill to punish that baited DP(obviously IDEALLY you'd want CC 5.hk, but always being on point with those can be hard).
  • toloretolore Joined: Posts: 1,696
    edited March 2016
    Her's about 40 minutes of 3000ish lp casuals, I too would love some advice. I'm a street fighter noob, so any SF fundamentals or general knoweldge I could be in the dark about.

edit: you tube version

Post edited by tolore on
    tolore wrote: »

One thing I noticed right off the bat was, when you stunned you went straight into 5.hp. You can neutral jump j.hp->5.hp and get some more damage, probably would have killed there before you had a chance to miss the link. Also, even with a slow react you probably could have done TC->vskill to punish that baited DP(obviously IDEALLY you'd want CC 5.hk, but always being on point with those can be hard).

Yeah I really am not sure why I didn't punish the dp. I keep doing that though, so I should just set the training dummy to practice it.

I don't know how I dropped the super cancel, but I do that frequently, too. I've only got about 8 hours played with some of that being afk time, so I know I need to get that stuff down.

Thanks for pointing that stuff out, reaffirms that I need to just sit in training mode awhile longer.
  • BenjiTopazBenjiTopaz Joined: Posts: 8
    Just made a video about Necalli's fuzzy guards and instant overheads.https://youtube.com/watch?v=qEvUhhJ0Nj4
  • MarkMajorMarkMajor Joined: Posts: 2
    edited April 2016
    Here's Some "Stuff"

PSN: oMarkMajor
    SFV CDN: SAVAGEZ
    YouTube: Mark Major
    XBL:Sonneiion
  • BixHDBixHD Semi-lurker Joined: Posts: 193
    Digging around JP SFV YouTube channels made me come across this channel that uploads showcases of players. cool to analyze the styles of certain players. gonna list all the Necalli ones:

GamerBee

tasunical

PR Balrog

yuhi-hikali

not really active anymore
    usually playing Yang, Ryu, and Cammy in every SF

Hampton Roads VA FGC info:
    Facebook group
    Discord server
    the usual hub, That Game Store is relocating (again) to get away from the increasing crime in the area.
    For some laughs, LTG's comments pre-match curses him to the end result:

• LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,448
    edited May 2016
    RED BULL KUMITE

TOPANGA
    HAITANI(Necalli) Guest

DMM 2v2 CUP
    HAITANI(Necalli) vs INUCHIYO(M.Bison)
    HAITANI(Necalli) vs BERETTA-TACHIKAWA(Dhalsim)

TOKYO OFFLINE PARTY
    HAITANI(Necalli) vs MOMOCHI(Ken)
    Post edited by LockM on
    GGXrdR2: Baiken
    T7:  Jin, Nina
    SFV: Juri
    USFIV: Yun Cody Guy

• Redking74Redking74 Joined: Posts: 23
    edited May 2016
    Hello guys, I've made another video about Necalli.
    This time I'm covering the meaties you can setup after a jmp air to air, followed by a slk reset.
    Pure 50/50 mixup with command throw against characters that lack an invincible reversal.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MtcCAZpFMtQ&feature=youtu.be
  • Ditkas_DiscipleDitkas_Disciple Joined: Posts: 2
    Redking74 wrote: »
    This time I'm covering the meaties you can setup after a jmp air to air, followed by a slk reset.
    Pure 50/50 mixup with command throw against characters that lack an invincible reversal.

This is amazing. Been trying to practice this, with mixed results, but when it works, it really works. Can go right into EX command throw into another reset after. It's dirty lol.

I'd really like to see what players here think I could improve on. I'll be the first to admit is that I jump way too much, but I feel like I've hit a wall in progression overall. So here's a video from this morning (as current as can be).

https://youtube.com/watch?v=u3Bm7BNKEUU
  • AudricVsFoodAudricVsFood Joined: Posts: 293

This is amazing. Been trying to practice this, with mixed results, but when it works, it really works. Can go right into EX command throw into another reset after. It's dirty lol.

I'd really like to see what players here think I could improve on. I'll be the first to admit is that I jump way too much, but I feel like I've hit a wall in progression overall. So here's a video from this morning (as current as can be).

Perhaps you should take a step back and reevaluate some of your decisionmaking and some of the risk/reward. Like some of your Disc's Guidances and your DPs. Why you did them when you did them, if they were worth doing, and if they would work against better players. Your spacing is good, so if I were you, I'd default back to footsies more often. You also should work on your consistency in finishing your combos. For example, the moment I see that I landed a counter hit cr.MP, I already know I'm going to do another cr.MP and then cancel into LP Disc's Guidance. Also, you can optimize damage better on certain anti-airs. If the opponent is jumping from outside of footsie range, you can HP DP instead of stand jab. Make it hurt, create a deterrent, and make the opponent feel like he has no options. :)
    And most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.
  • Ditkas_DiscipleDitkas_Disciple Joined: Posts: 2

Perhaps you should take a step back and reevaluate some of your decisionmaking and some of the risk/reward. Like some of your Disc's Guidances and your DPs. Why you did them when you did them, if they were worth doing, and if they would work against better players. Your spacing is good, so if I were you, I'd default back to footsies more often. You also should work on your consistency in finishing your combos. For example, the moment I see that I landed a counter hit cr.MP, I already know I'm going to do another cr.MP and then cancel into LP Disc's Guidance. Also, you can optimize damage better on certain anti-airs. If the opponent is jumping from outside of footsie range, you can HP DP instead of stand jab. Make it hurt, create a deterrent, and make the opponent feel like he has no options. :)

I can say a few of those random Disc's Guidances were hard reads (not all though), anticipating Kikokens (any time a Chun walks back, I'm expecting one). Those and the DPs often get me destroyed against higher level players (I admit I fall for the shimmy a lot).

I'm actually having lots of problems comboing into Disc's Guidance outside of VT, never been good with charge moves or characters in that respect, so I've been settling for EX Stomps to end combos (which actually can work since I can keep the pressure up, and if I miss the link, a jab after will usually stop anything they try). That said, I'm trying to keep in mind to charge that during strings, but it's still something I have to actively concentrate on doing to pull off correctly.

Any tips for be able to work on max DP range so I know to identify it better? I'm always scared I'll whiff and get crush-countered.

Thanks for all the input. I appreciate any help I can get to level up.

I can say a few of those random Disc's Guidances were hard reads (not all though), anticipating Kikokens (any time a Chun walks back, I'm expecting one). Those and the DPs often get me destroyed against higher level players (I admit I fall for the shimmy a lot).

I'm actually having lots of problems comboing into Disc's Guidance outside of VT, never been good with charge moves or characters in that respect, so I've been settling for EX Stomps to end combos (which actually can work since I can keep the pressure up, and if I miss the link, a jab after will usually stop anything they try). That said, I'm trying to keep in mind to charge that during strings, but it's still something I have to actively concentrate on doing to pull off correctly.

Any tips for be able to work on max DP range so I know to identify it better? I'm always scared I'll whiff and get crush-countered.

Thanks for all the input. I appreciate any help I can get to level up.

Um...I just try to memorize the spacing from which they jump. It slightly differs depending on the character sometimes.
  • jasonCjasonC Fish Bar Zombie Joined: Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Constructive critique please. (Hopefully I'm putting this in the right thread)

jasonC wrote: »

I thought you played really well. Good spacing and you mixed up your blockstrings often. Only thing that stands out to me most is that you should prioritize the Target Combo more for the V Meter gain and the stronger oki afterwards.

You could also check out Brian_F's YouTube channel and look at his corner LP Command Grab setups.
  • docvizzodocvizzo Joined: Posts: 22
    edited June 2016
    jasonC wrote: »

I think you should try to implement more ch setups into your game and more meaty attacks (dash into st.lk), this helped me a lot to get in additional damage. Often when i rewatch my match i see myself doing shit like cr.lp x cr.lp, which sucks because you dont get max. damage on ch.

A lot of times when you interrupt with cr.lp you should go for a confirmable ch setup. On block its a frame trap, on ch you get a medium attack into a combo of your choice. At least for me this helped a lot to step up my game.

Also what @AudricVsFood said, Brian Fs Youtube account is amazing to learn setups, frame traps etc.

Also pretty sure you can punish spiral arrow with cr.hp or at least do a standing mk before to get more damage.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKXApalBm-SpCgX9TAkyOuQ

EDIT:

Just checked, you can punish Cammys Spiral Arrow basically from every range with:

cr.hp x mk stomp x cr.mp xx lp dash

Thats 254 compared to 141 with cr.mp into dash. But you have to be a bit prepared. Adding mk also helps already since you get 180 DMG and can charge your VT when you use the Target Combo. I think concentrating on proper punishment and more meaty setups will help a lot.
    Post edited by docvizzo on
  • SirroM1SirroM1 Joined: Posts: 14
    necalli mirror match.
    Open to criticism. Always looking to better myself
    edited June 2016
    SirroM1 wrote: »
    necalli mirror match.
    Open to criticism. Always looking to better myself

I thought you played fine for the most part. You just need to stop hitting buttons during block strings. And stop using Disc's Guidance in the neutral game.
    For those of you who want to study up on the Nash matchup, here's a long set of Phenom playing Swagneto:

Haitani vs. Sako's Chun-Li!

• RammaRamma Team Blockstring Joined: Posts: 1,511
    PSN/XBL: RammaCricket | CFN: BS_Ramma
    SFV: Cammy/Necalli | Fun Subs: Ryu, Alex, Gief
    USFIV: Cody | Alt: Zangief
    Someone made a channel for Necalli uploads: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3QI5mIVdIoAT2axIayOAsA