Rashid Q&A Thread

jchensorjchensor Salty ChenJoined: Posts: 1,934 admin
edited March 2016 in Rashid
If you’re looking for an answer to a specific question about Rashid, this is the place to ask. And if you know a lot about Rashid, swing by here from time to time to help answer the questions!

=== NOTE: If you want to become the OP for this thread so you can maintain the top post to aggregate the thread's information here, contact me via the SRK messaging system and I will be able to convert you to become the OP for this thread. ===
Post edited by jchensor on
http://jchensor.blogspot.com

"We don't stop playing because we get old. We get old because we stop playing." -- Doyle Brunson

"Every time you win, it diminishes the fear a little bit. You never really cancel the fear of losing; you keep challenging it." -- Arthur Ashe

(AV art obtained from here: http://meatbun.us/blog/?p=162)

Comments

• HTXKameleonHTXKameleon Joined: Posts: 21
    What is the best option for Vegas wall jump?
    Kameleon6969.png
  • JnanaJnana Beatboy Joined: Posts: 556
    You can use vskill to jump out the way and punish with heavy dive kick
    Jnana; it rhymes with ya mama
    SSF4: Guy
    T6: Devil Jin
  • raskieraskie Joined: Posts: 9
    Hi. Long time reader, first time poster.

Anyone know how to wind ride normal and ex wind shots?
    And what kind of stuff can you do with the tech?
    Birdie totally looks like Uncle Phil...
  • robloxroblox Joined: Posts: 83
    Just be in the air near a wind shot, and you'll move forward. Setups like cr hp xx ex wind shot xx roll, neutral jump can set up ambiguous cross ups. It's not entirely safe, but it's a good shenanigan tactic to learn.
  • GrumpyMuffnGrumpyMuffn Joined: Posts: 31
    to get the effect you have to use the heavy or EX i believe, at least thats all that works for me. You can do HP(crushcounter) ex whirlwind shot - rolling assault(down+vskill) - cr. HP- st. MP -MK eagle spike as a good way to practice using the effect in the corner. Or just leave out the crush counter and start with Ex whirlwind shot. But heavy whirlwind shot into vskill either roll or flip throws you pretty far forward very fast.
    SFV - Cammy
    Hori FC4 is life.
  • AtroriasAtrorias Joined: Posts: 11
    Do you end your combo's with spin mixer or eagle kick? What can i do after i knock them down with it?
  • branwagonbranwagon AmazingLTS Joined: Posts: 28
    Atrorias wrote: »
    Do you end your combo's with spin mixer or eagle kick? What can i do after i knock them down with it?

Depends what you want. Lp.mixer no mash is 0 on hit so you can frame.trap with st.lk or throw. Mp.mixer full mash has best corner carry. Eagle spike has best damage and (I think k) best stun.
    branwagon wrote: »
    Atrorias wrote: »

Depends what you want. Lp.mixer no mash is 0 on hit so you can frame.trap with st.lk or throw. Mp.mixer full mash has best corner carry. Eagle spike has best damage and (I think k) best stun.

If you can, you want to hit confirm your cr lk > cr lp before you commit to mixer, and then just mash it out so you get the knockdown. That way you have access to all his meaty options. The easier version of this is just inputting the whole string, and confirming the mixer itself before you mash. If they block you're at -2, so if your opponent isnt a scrub, then chill out because you're on defense now; or if it hits confirm that and mash out to get the knockdown.

Other than that, yeah, do spike for damage. Mixer is to help carry to the corner and set up meaties.
    How have you guys been dealing with fireballs? I have been having trouble with fireballs in general as rashid, My strat right now has just been trying to stay at almost full screen then you can roll under, or front flip dive kick to punish. Any other suggestions? Lk whirlwind shot seems to lose fireball wars
    SFV - Cammy
    Hori FC4 is life.
  • PakmanPakman Rashidooo Joined: Posts: 474
    ^ V skill over into dive kick (doesn't work on nash, but empty v skill at least gets me in) or if I am mid screen, on prediction jump in heavy kick (deceptive horizontal range), st HP,qcb HK for 240 DMG.

Never had much sucess with roll, I just can't seem to get the timing right. I don't really find roll to be all that useful if I am honest
    edited February 2016
    Yea same here and when it's miss timed i get blown up, I wish it had faster start up or something
    SFV - Cammy
    Hori FC4 is life.
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts YOUUUUU BASTARRRRRRD Joined: Posts: 1,514
    Don't forget airborne Eagle Spikes (QCB+K during forward jump). Simply being able to change your jump arc is valuable for avoiding projectile traps.
  • ajyou003ajyou003 Joined: Posts: 118
    Nothing wrong with a nice simple neutral jump as well. Jumping forward/using v-skill really commits you to the situation. You can then try to get a read on the likely ensuing FB.
  • branwagonbranwagon AmazingLTS Joined: Posts: 28
    It's strange to read everones lack of success with roll kick. It's my main way to punish fireballs (excluding Nash) and if you're midscreen you get instant corner.
  • Richboi90Richboi90 Joined: Posts: 13
    Roll vskill works fine for me as well, you can instant vskill in to ex ES for a more potent punish. Tiger knee ex ES works as well but its kind of weird to execute and you also have to be spaced correctly for it to hit. Vskill roll or jump to es both work just use what your most comfortable with honestly.
  • KabzzzyKabzzzy Joined: Posts: 8
    Pakman wrote: »
    Never had much sucess with roll, I just can't seem to get the timing right. I don't really find roll to be all that useful if I am honest

You might be doing it too early from a far range? To pull it off you need to be at least mid range and do it so you start it up with the fireball already close to you. If you're early-mid roll when you touch the fireball it will just hit you. I've used it a lot of times to punish Ryu's fireball and it works 90% of the time.

Another nice use of it is cancelling your own HK fireball into the roll and then if they hit a button you can kick, if not just land and throw. It's fast enough to catch some people off guard.
  • SamuelVimesSamuelVimes Joined: Posts: 1,666
    What are Rashid's best buttons for the meaties previously mentioned in this topic (for after mixer knockdown)?
  • MarkWithaMouthMarkWithaMouth Joined: Posts: 2
    New to Rashid... This might be a silly question but what is his standing overhead? Thanks.
  • qspecqspec Joined: Posts: 301
    6hp. -4 on block (so jab punishable). 0 on hit.

Bonus, you can use it through vtrigger for a half screen overhead.
  • AtroriasAtrorias Joined: Posts: 11
    How are you guys dealing with cammy's hooligan and divekick? I feel really powerless against her.
    You can hit hooligan with a number of normals on reaction. While you have to respect divekick on block, it can be anti-aired with hp mixer pretty consistently.
  • neemo6neemo6 huh what Joined: Posts: 563
    I love his cr. short, great for a meaty attack and with quick recovery safe on many reversals. Problem is i cant seem to find anything to do once it hits, since its non cancelable. Any ideas?
    SSFIV: Sagat/Rufus
    MvC3: Zero/Skrull/Doom
  • catalancatalan Joined: Posts: 383
    neemo6 wrote: »
    I love his cr. short, great for a meaty attack and with quick recovery safe on many reversals. Problem is i cant seem to find anything to do once it hits, since its non cancelable. Any ideas?

cr.short combos into cr.jab xx lp mixer
    For dealing with crossups does rashid have an autocorrect move to deal with them?
  • afrotronicafrotronic Joined: Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    neemo6 wrote: »
    For dealing with crossups does rashid have an autocorrect move to deal with them?

From knock down, just block. If it from a block string/close jump just vskill roll under it.

having a hard time maintaining pressure as up close my normals are getting stuffed and beat out cleanly for cc and ch's, lpxx lp mixer also is getting me punished quite a bit. Also are the whirlwinds useful for anything beyond keeping opponents from jumpijng?
  • YamsandjamsYamsandjams Joined: Posts: 2
    edited March 2016
    I notice Rashid can cancel his j.LP and j.MP into airborne eagle spike, but this doesn't actually cause a combo, and it actually allows your opponent to recover faster on the ground. As such, I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any special purpose for cancelling those jump normals, or if it's just some useless/vestigial thing that made it into the game.
  • DrSlouchDrSlouch Gyah gyah gyah gyah! Joined: Posts: 147
    It's useless as far as I know. It's funny, if those normals were both a little faster and pointed at a more downwards angle he could've used them for fuzzy guard combos... which I imagine Capcom was very aware of when they made sure that his air light normals don't angle downwards at all.
    My PSN ID is DrSlouch and my XBL is Doctor Slouch. My main UMvC3 team is Ryu/Firebrand/Sentinel, my back-up team is Thor/Dormammu/Dr. Strange, and my Skullgirls team is Filia/Peacock.
  • Wedge_AntillesWedge_Antilles I like cats. Joined: Posts: 489
    edited March 2016
    There must be a height restriction on air Eagle Spike as well, so it wouldn't even matter. j.MP can hit a grounded opponent, but it's still not possible to cancel it into anything at the height it hits at. Desk was able to combo it in a video, but that was off totally impractical A2G hit on Sim's weird angled punch.
    GFWL: WedgeAntilles S wedgeantilles on Steam
  • ragvalodoreragvalodore so crispy Joined: Posts: 234
    I notice Rashid can cancel his j.LP and j.MP into airborne eagle spike, but this doesn't actually cause a combo, and it actually allows your opponent to recover faster on the ground. As such, I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any special purpose for cancelling those jump normals, or if it's just some useless/vestigial thing that made it into the game.

I have found one use for it. If the opponent recognizes a V-trigger crossup setup, they will sometimes neutral jump or jump forward and meet you in the air to prevent it. If you think they're going to do that, you can meet them air to air with j.mp and cancel with lk eagle spike so that they will land between you and the tornado to give yourself another mixup.
  • ParryThisParryThis Joined: Posts: 420
    edited April 2016
    When I block Rashid's LP spinning mixer, he immediately punishes into an EX spinning mixer despite my mp jab, lp jab.

Don't tell me this mf can get away with that. I'm Ryu btw.

I thought R.Mika was bad. This guy has the award for most annoying spammer character.
    My Mains:
    3rdStrike: Hugo
    SF5: Urien
  • Blue LightningBlue Lightning Portuguese Fighter Joined: Posts: 860
    non-mashed LP mixer is -2 on block, so know, you can't punish that. You gotta know who you're playing, if you think he's gonna do full retard with the LP mixer into EX mixer just block it and crush counter him. If you think he's gonna be more controlled, then stick out your fastest normal and you may even get it to counter hit if he goes for jab pressure.
    SF5: Raaashiiiidoooooooo; Tier-whore: Chun-li
    UMvC3: Main: Nova/Doctor Doom/Amaterasu; Former Team: Nova/Frank West/Amaterasu; Casual/Dream Team: Magneto/Dante/Frank and Doctor Doom/Dante/Frank
    PSN ID: BLightning91
    edited April 2016
    non-mashed LP mixer is -2 on block, so know, you can't punish that. You gotta know who you're playing, if you think he's gonna do full retard with the LP mixer into EX mixer just block it and crush counter him. If you think he's gonna be more controlled, then stick out your fastest normal and you may even get it to counter hit if he goes for jab pressure.

noted. Thanks mang.
    My Mains:
  • AuthenticMMAuthenticMM Only Human Joined: Posts: 157
    edited May 2016
    When looking at hitbox data, Rashid's f+MP has a green box. Red = hit Box. Yellow = Barrier. What does a green box mean? The Red Hitbox clearly is his hand, but what's the long extending green box from the move?

43 second mark: f+MP
    3:09 mark: V enhanced mixer
    Frame data question. If I block Rashid's ST HK which.is -2. What does that mean. We both have a 4 frame jab. Who gets the next hit?
    Confused
    My Mains:
  • MemorycardMemorycard Rashid Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 504
    ParryThis wrote: »
    Frame data question. If I block Rashid's ST HK which.is -2. What does that mean. We both have a 4 frame jab. Who gets the next hit?
    Confused

It's your turn if once you block St.HK...there is a slight chance of a trade if the Rashid tries to follow up with jab.
    Also, it is possible for Rashid to mash ex.mixer (along with other -2 moves). Just have to keep that in mind if he does have meter.
    Main: Rashid
    Others: M. Bison, Alex & Ed
    ......I don't trust Capcom.
  • EntemberEntember Joined: Posts: 20
    Would anyone know if the knockdown for mash 1 and mash 2 of medium mixer are different? Also it seems im only able to get mash 1 m.mixer out of ex.wws,st.mp,cr.mk,m.mixer.
    im asking because when i do the same combo without the st.mp im able to get mash 2 of m.mixer and able to land my wake up setup.
    but when i do mash 1 it doesnt seem to work.
  • MemorycardMemorycard Rashid Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 504
    Not too sure...you may need to mash a little more for the Mash 1.

I think knockdown depends on what recovery option the opponent is using. I usually remain in the front if back recovery is used and on the other side if the opponent use back recovery after mash 2 M. mixer.

I don't use mash 1 anymore outside of V-T set-ups because I normally don't get much out of it but a jump-in attack.
    Main: Rashid
    Others: M. Bison, Alex & Ed
    ......I don't trust Capcom.