Vega Video Thread

jchensorjchensor Salty ChenJoined: Posts: 1,934 admin
edited March 2016 in Vega
Want to see some good examples of top players using Vega? Want to post your own matches for critique and advice from fellow Forum members? This is the thread for you.

=== NOTE: If you want to become the OP for this thread so you can maintain the top post to aggregate the thread's information here, contact me via the SRK messaging system and I will be able to convert you to become the OP for this thread. ===
Post edited by jchensor on
http://jchensor.blogspot.com

"We don't stop playing because we get old. We get old because we stop playing." -- Doyle Brunson

"Every time you win, it diminishes the fear a little bit. You never really cancel the fear of losing; you keep challenging it." -- Arthur Ashe

(AV art obtained from here: http://meatbun.us/blog/?p=162)

Comments

• aestheticianaesthetician Joined: Posts: 2
    Well I'm kind of surprised to see no replies (even if the game just came out yesterday) so maybe I'll start off. I wasn't sure where to post this since it's not really a high skill match but the glitch I experienced as Claw justifies it in my opinion. The glitch makes Vega fly off the screen endlessly and while I don't think it's a common occurrence it was still pretty interesting.

Anyway, cheers to my clawbros, I don't know how I feel about Vega actually being good in this one.
  • kanalgravarekanalgravare Joined: Posts: 79
    edited February 2016
    Not much stuff yet so I guess I'll post some videos featuring our wonderful resident Claw Sensei, @Myakyo.

• ClutchComboClutchCombo ClutchMike Joined: Posts: 72
    I made a sick Vega combo video!

Laura Main SF V. Excited to try Ibuki. Dreaming of Sean and Dekappa

Follow me on twitter. https://twitter.com/Clutchmike
    PsN: ClutchCombo
    Youtube.com/coasttoclutch
    twitch.tv/coasttoclutch
  • Arlieth TralareArlieth Tralare 3rd Strike Senior Citizen Joined: Posts: 1,137
    Posting this here in case it wasn't posted on the board before, and since it's a video:

Optimum V-Reversals for Vega.
    CFN: ArliethTralare
  • Faux_xFaux_x Joined: Posts: 242
    aka phozee
    SF4: Main - Vega | Second - Sakura
    I DON'T GIVE A FUCK, THAT'S HOW I PLAY THIS GAME
  • Luv-Me-Sum-MeLuv-Me-Sum-Me Joined: Posts: 2
    Great example of patience with Vega...
  • Mr. JackMr. Jack Joined: Posts: 270
    edited March 2016
    twitch.tv/guisarda/v/51597536

my matches start at 01:58:20

nothing impressive, just training some laura and rashid match ups. Rashido's pressure is really annoying, many times I tried to punish his spinning mixer with st lk and got stuffed
  • greatlakes_pvpgreatlakes_pvp Joined: Posts: 111
    Mr. Jack wrote: »

nothing impressive, just training some laura and rashid match ups. Rashido's pressure is really annoying, many times I tried to punish his spinning mixer with st lk and got stuffed
    ''

Punish his eagle kicks with st.mp in claw stance, and he'll stop doint it. The spinning mixers are pretty much spacing dependent iirc.

Bringing 20xx to SFV.
  • Time MageTime Mage Viewtiful! Joined: Posts: 271 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Mr. Jack wrote: »

''

Punish his eagle kicks with st.mp in claw stance, and he'll stop doint it. The spinning mixers are pretty much spacing dependent iirc.

Why st.MP and not just the slide? It has more damage and knocks down.
    "News flash, big guy: You can wax on, wax off all you want, I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"
    @Time Mage I didn't think it would reach in time. Being that the st.mp barely reaches in time and is much faster. We are talking about when he flies straight at you with a drop kick right? On block I just st.mp it, could have sworn slide didn't work.
    Bringing 20xx to SFV.
  • Time MageTime Mage Viewtiful! Joined: Posts: 271 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It works like a charm.
    "News flash, big guy: You can wax on, wax off all you want, I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"
    Awesome. Check out the vids I posted in the tech thread, you might find it interesting :)
    Bringing 20xx to SFV.
  • nappydudenappydude Joined: Posts: 541
    edited March 2016

With the lk.ct cross up tech... If they DP you can neutral jump. Lp, mp, HP. But ex dp will always hit you so just jump in the direction you came from against ryu... You can neutral jump all of kens dp..

Ken - neutral jump all DP - punish

Ryu - neutral jump lp, mp, hp. Jump in opposite direction for ex dp - punish

Cammy - neutral jump mp, hp. Ex will hit you, and if you try to jump over you can not punish her. Can not punish

Necalli - all of his dp will punish you

Rashid - neutral jump ex dp - punish

Karin - neutral jump ex dp - punish

Chin li - who can ex sbk and stop vega from doing the whole play all together.. Neutral jump and proceed to punish...
    Post edited by nappydude on
    Friend or foe!!!
  • ChozoAceChozoAce Joined: Posts: 55
    Hi everyone!

I finished second at my local tournament losing to a nash player in grand finals. Nash is definitely on of my personal bad match ups, I don't know what range I should fight this character since his normals reach farther than mine and his dash speed is crazy.

I would really appreciate some advice though on somethings I can improve on. The link to the stream is and the matches start at 1:59:50
  • simonhazesimonhaze haZe Joined: Posts: 78
    Got absolutely demolished by a Dictator-player in a FT10 but in the end I finally started to get a hang of the matchup. Have a look:
  • ApplesNOrangesApplesNOranges Joined: Posts: 8
    edited March 2016
    Here's a great little video. Finally glad seeing some people make content for Vega <3

• DrKatzDrKatz Destiny Hero Joined: Posts: 177

Floe vs Fightmoney (Snake Eyez?)

I didn't think they were the same person, but maybe.
    SFV: Urien
    GG: Zato-1
  • ZBEPZBEP Joined: Posts: 12
    Heyguys, I made a vid too! It's a "mini-guide" which covers Vega's main problems. This also can help if you're having troubles against Vega for some reason.

Two ranked games, all feedback appreciated:

Over an hour of Nemo Vega goodness!
    edited March 2016
    Finally found a video that mirrors my feelings on Vega. If only I was good.

Also a few honorable mentions from Af0.

A recent BO3 from the new ranked rematch system:
  • serpentaurusserpentaurus just watching Joined: Posts: 4,525
    ApplesNOranges i like your post. Take in consideration the opponent can delay wakeup or wakeup backward and some characters can punish this on reaction. The DPs autocorrect sides in this game in such an annoying way for Vega.

One setup i found after getting a corner dizzy is quite intersting. First change side to corner with the dizzy'd character, then you do an optimized combo with ex barcelona attack ender and medium punch attack (no izuna drop). Then inmediately after landing go for rolling crystal LK, the opponent has 3 options, neutral waking up, rollback wake up or delayed wakeup. Neutral and rollback are covered as a mixup as previously explained in other videos. But if the opponent goes for delayed wakeup Vega can do what you are doing in your video with a barcelona attack and have a strong mixup on wakeup. If you confirm it very fast the LK version of barcelona attack is all you need, no need for meter for it to be successful.
    umvc3: Thor / Dr.Strange / Ammy - Thor / Dorm / Doom - Wesker / Dr.Strange / Vergil - ssf4: Vega
  • ScissorKicksScissorKicks Joined: Posts: 10
    edited March 2016
    simonhaze wrote: »
    A recent BO3 from the new ranked rematch system:

that cross under to super confirm was really nice at 2:12. You guys posting these vids inspire me to stick with vega, thank you.

I was always a Bison player and i think this is the coolest iteration of Bison in Sf5, but Vega is so fun in this version so I switched to him. It weird because I usually like charge characters but this full motion vega lets you really use his walk spped and he feels so good to play with I'm mostly having trouble with execution during combos, particularly claw switch combos where I want to EX FBA and EX CT comes out- any tips on that? Also- how save are slaw switch combos? Should they only be done on counter hit?
  • DrKatzDrKatz Destiny Hero Joined: Posts: 177
    A few videos I made to help people out. Bare hand and Claw max stun CC combos. And an attempt at Vega setplay - might give people some ideas.

SFV: Urien
    GG: Zato-1
  • GB PatriotGB Patriot Sako taught me everything! Joined: Posts: 54
    sako taught me everything!
    xbl: whatupike
    mmm thats very interesting. How about a CA option select after it hits Ken DP? haha Critical Art should come out only if it hits ken. What about the M version and not L of that slash???
    umvc3: Thor / Dr.Strange / Ammy - Thor / Dorm / Doom - Wesker / Dr.Strange / Vergil - ssf4: Vega
    For backtech recovery in the corner
    I have a whole bunch of matches and I would love to have your opinions suggestions just trying to improve thanks!
    @serpentaurus the l slash hits meaty but against cammy m slash works I'll make a clip it's also space dependent
  • af0af0 Joined: Posts: 1,113
    edited April 2016
    @GB Patriot st.MP counter hit is great as it lets you connect to st.HP (if you're close enough). You should be able to connect to st.Hp from there, instead of going for light roll.

Also, that CA crossup in the corner, sweet, but is the dummy set to crouching and would it work on crouchers?
    @af0 I'll definitely try that out!
    btw I have a quick question if I air to air with mp on landing what's my frame advantage do I have any? And also how do I deal with neutral jumps
  • learis1learis1 Guardian Cadet Joined: Posts: 818
    I kinda get mesmerized watching Nemo's Vega destroy people. He makes mincemeat out of whatever rank he fights.

Mend and Defend

SF5: Fighter Tag: Learis1
    main char: Ryu
    avg lp: 2000

SF4: main char: Fei Long
  • af0af0 Joined: Posts: 1,113
    Respect to the guy. I'll have to check out his Vega maybe a month or two from now. A lot of people are still learning how to play against Vega.

I would definitely like to see how he does in tournament.
    He didnt destroy the first Vega guy in the video though.
  • GrieversGunbladeGrieversGunblade Joined: Posts: 264

Ultra Street Fighter IV: Vega, Blanka, Decapre
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Dante, Zero, Wolverine
    edited April 2016
    delete
    ApplesNOranges i like your post. Take in consideration the opponent can delay wakeup or wakeup backward and some characters can punish this on reaction. The DPs autocorrect sides in this game in such an annoying way for Vega.

One setup i found after getting a corner dizzy is quite intersting. First change side to corner with the dizzy'd character, then you do an optimized combo with ex barcelona attack ender and medium punch attack (no izuna drop). Then inmediately after landing go for rolling crystal LK, the opponent has 3 options, neutral waking up, rollback wake up or delayed wakeup. Neutral and rollback are covered as a mixup as previously explained in other videos. But if the opponent goes for delayed wakeup Vega can do what you are doing in your video with a barcelona attack and have a strong mixup on wakeup. If you confirm it very fast the LK version of barcelona attack is all you need, no need for meter for it to be successful.

None of the videos i've posted are my own. Just video's i've come acrossed.
    Some ranked matches:

• Spinning BeatSpinning Beat Mr. creampie your girl Joined: Posts: 3,973
    edited April 2016
    It's an RQ vid I recorded but I was wondering if someone could give me some pointers based on the footage:

The most beautiful rose is cultivated in the blood of those who fall before me.
    SFV: Vega.
    3S:Ibuki, Yang, Ryu
    KOF 98:Kyo/Iori/O.Chris
    I play to learn, because you can't win if you don't know shit.
    July, 16 1991: That's when the beat dropped.
    CFN:weedandwater
    R.I.P Bankroll Fresh
  • vagabond zerovagabond zero Joined: Posts: 573
    Flash Metroid handling TS Sabin on Pax Invitational
    [url=