SFV PS4 legacy controller compatible sticks/PCBs (see first post)

ed1371ed1371 YogahhJoined: Posts: 1,528
edited February 2016 in Tech Talk
Just to make things easier, we can post what works and what doesn't on the PS4 version. Will edit this as folks let us know what their results are.

Tested Working:

Sticks:
MadCatz SE (1stGen tested and brawl checked)
MadCatz TE (1st Gen, Soul Edition, TE: S, and MvC2 TE tested, pretty sure most of this line will work... just need confirm)
Hori Real Arcade Pro. 3 Premium VLX
Hori V3-SA
PDP Mortal Kombat Joystick (who knows, maybe someone is using the PCB in something else)
Qanba Q1
XBox360/PS3 eTokki Omni Rev. 3
PDP Injustice Stick
Mayflash (circa 2009)
PS3 Sega VSHG
Exar Exaprize USB Sanwa Edition
-Madcatz SFXT (pad)

PCB:
Phreakmods Cerberus
Toodles MC Cthulhu
Toodles PS3 Cthulhu
Toodles ChImp (classic)
Toodles ChImp (SMD)
Toodles TE Kitty
Zero Delay USB (pending version model)
PS360
PS360+
Paewang PCB (etokki Omni)

Tested NOT working:

Sticks:
PlayTech Pro Arcade
Qanba Q4 (some report working, others are not)
Qanba Q4RAF (some report working, others are not)
Eightarc Ivory (Qanba, non-fusion, wood version)
-iBuffalo SNES USB Gamepad
-Sony Dual Shock 3 (pad)
-Sony Six Axis (pad)

PCB:
ZD Rematch (some report working, others are not)
Post edited by ed1371 on
why crimp when you can solder??

PSN: Nippage

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,745
    I also believe (if I am not mistaken) Sony Dual Shock 3 and Sony Six Axis controllers do not work with legacy drivers.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • ShrapnlShrapnl Joined: Posts: 10
    I have a TE Kitty in a Xbox 360 SFxT V.S. stick that works on the PS4.
  • ed1371ed1371 Yogahh Joined: Posts: 1,528
    edited February 2016
    Darksakul wrote: »
    I also believe (if I am not mistaken) Sony Dual Shock 3 and Sony Six Axis controllers do not work with legacy drivers.

you are correct, just checked.

To all:
    Would like some verification on other qanba sticks and hori... please let the community know so we can possibly save someone from making an errant purchase.

• DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,745
    edited February 2016
    ed1371 wrote: »

you are correct, just checked.

To all:
    Would like some verification on other qanba sticks and hori... please let the community know so we can possibly save someone from making an errant purchase.
    With the Sony Dual Shock 3 and Six Axis controller, I believe there being left out on the legacy drivers was Sony mandated. There was nothing Zero labs or even Capcom can do about it, no update is going to change that.

I do know that unofficial 3rd party controllers that mimic the Dual Shock 3 operations is not going to work with the legacy drivers.
    So anything that didn't already work on the PS4 versions of Skull Girls or Ultra Street Fighter IV is not going to work now with Street Fighter V.

I also going to be cautiously and recommend people not to use PS3 adapters that are intended for the PS3 and not the PS4.
  • hadooookenhadooooken WHO WANNA THIS SMELL~ Joined: Posts: 111
    the Qanba Q4 works fine.
    edited February 2016
    hadooooken wrote: »
    the Qanba Q4 works fine.
    Shrapnl wrote: »
    I have a TE Kitty in a Xbox 360 SFxT V.S. stick that works on the PS4.

thanks for the input

I do know that unofficial 3rd party controllers that mimic the Dual Shock 3 operations is not going to work with the legacy drivers.
    So anything that didn't already work on the PS4 versions of Skull Girls or Ultra Street Fighter IV is not going to work now with Street Fighter V.

I also going to be cautiously and recommend people not to use PS3 adapters that are intended for the PS3 and not the PS4.

After seeing that post about the PS2 adapters I agree... unless someone wants to try it for the rest of the community.

• FuryofFrogFuryofFrog Ora Ora! Joined: Posts: 152
    Qanba Q1 works.
    Do you know the way to San Jose?
    FuryofFrog wrote: »
    Qanba Q1 works.

Interesting! Thanks for the input.

I have heard that the q2 and q3 do not work (and my eightarc ivory :( which was my go-to stick for many years, now I have to use my B15s or others...the horror!) but it would seem that the q1 and q4 work.

Please keep posting your results though. If you have the ability to pop open your qanba stick and post a pic of the pcb that might be helpful as well.

• DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 510
    Afaik theres a ps3/pc version and a ps3/pc/360 version of the q4, so might be usefull specifying witch one youve tested.
    Dubon wrote: »
    Afaik theres a ps3/pc version and a ps3/pc/360 version of the q4, so might be usefull specifying witch one youve tested.

thanks for the clarifacation...
    the Qanba Q4 works fine.

Which one do you have?

• DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 510
    actually i cant find anything about a ps3 version now, so i might be mistaken. However, theres definitely 2 versions in terms of pcb, as seen in the lagtest thread. Theres a thread about it on the sfv section of the forum where people are reporting mixed results for the q4
  • hadooookenhadooooken WHO WANNA THIS SMELL~ Joined: Posts: 111
    edited February 2016
    Dubon wrote: »

thanks for the clarifacation...
    the Qanba Q4 works fine.

Which one do you have?
    I have the ps3/360/pc version.
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,201
    That MC Cthulhu purchase still paying off.
  • RenzokuFCRenzokuFC Joined: Posts: 78
    I have to make the tests myself, but some friends are telling me that problems arise only when using two legacy arcade sticks. I'll report on that later.
  • oldskoolgamingoldskoolgaming STMemory Joined: Posts: 105
    tried SFXT fightpad works
    and my TE-S dual modded with dpdt won't work on SFV and USFIV...will try to return it to stock this weekend to try again
  • ThamanatorThamanator Joined: Posts: 73
    I have a ZD Rematch encoder board that works under legacy as well. Also, I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere here on the boards. If you are using a PS3 legacy controller, the Dualshock that you log in with has an active microphone port, that you can use for chat. It is convenient. I like my Hori FC4, but it does'nt have a microphone port, so I will probably be rewiring my Fightstick/pad hybrid up with a ZD rematch now...
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 630
    Could somebody test a inpin adapter
  • kikimaru024kikimaru024 Mid-tier scrub Joined: Posts: 1,706
    edited February 2016
    Thamanator wrote: »
    I have a ZD Rematch encoder board that works under legacy as well. Also, I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere here on the boards. If you are using a PS3 legacy controller, the Dualshock that you log in with has an active microphone port, that you can use for chat. It is convenient. I like my Hori FC4, but it does'nt have a microphone port, so I will probably be rewiring my Fightstick/pad hybrid up with a ZD rematch now...

Didn't work for me.

Zero Delay PCB (USB cable)
    Just shows as incompatible wireless PS3 device when plugged in.

Couldn't confirm PS2 cable -> Brook converter, as my PS2 mode never worked.
    Maybe I just got a bad board?
    Seimitsu & K-sticks > Sanwa JLF.
    This truth is not universally acknowledged.
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,613
    edited February 2016
    I'm assuming the ChImp that was tested was the ChImp SMD, is that correct? I can test the ChImp Classic (non-SMD), and PS360+ v2.10 when I get home today.
  • foldorfoldor Joined: Posts: 2
    Sorry, just wanted to confirm. When you mention the MadCatz TE, do you mean the first gen as well that uses UHCI? I only ask because I have that one, and it's a pain to use it on my PC because it only supports the uncommon UHCI USB protocol, and that's only for the first gen TE fightsticks.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,473
    edited February 2016
    Thamanator wrote: »

Didn't work for me.

I believe it's the non ps2 version that they're getting working. I bought sfv on pc, can't test firsthand.
    Post edited by PresidentCamacho on
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • makstaksmakstaks Joined: Posts: 176
    edited February 2016
    I have two PS360+ with firmware 1.66.

I had both working simultaneously in SF5 Versus mode on PlayStation 4. I only briefly tested it by myself. I don't test for lag but it seemed to respond great as it normally does.
    I'm assuming the ChImp that was tested was the ChImp SMD, is that correct? I can test the ChImp Classic (non-SMD), and PS360+ v2.10 when I get home today.

Yes the SMD was checked, if you have the ChImp classic, please let us know what your results are.
    foldor wrote: »
    Sorry, just wanted to confirm. When you mention the MadCatz TE, do you mean the first gen as well that uses UHCI? I only ask because I have that one, and it's a pain to use it on my PC because it only supports the uncommon UHCI USB protocol, and that's only for the first gen TE fightsticks.

Soul Edition and TE:S was checked. I dont have a 1stGen TE, however the 1stGen SE worked fine.

Didn't work for me.

ZD rematch and ZD USB are 2 different PCBs, please confirm which one isn't working for you.

• Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 2016
    Does the driver add lag? Would like to know if I can just hook up my PS3 rd1 TE can be done with it.

• BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,613
    Sorry, I'll have to delay the test. Swamped with homework for tonight.
    Does the driver add lag? Would like to know if I can just hook up my PS3 rd1 TE can be done with it.
    How bout you test it for your self and tell us.
    edited February 2016

We know Pablo has a stick from their earlier statement. I am unsure if Pablo has the game myself. So that could be the basis for their inquiry. If Pablo does have the game then I think your point is equally valid. In the end I feel lag has a certain amount of subjectivity to it. I say this as some may prefer a miniscule delay. One may technically be more responsive in a timeline but that doesn't necessarily make everyone or even anyone play better or worse. It's what works for each individual and feels better for them.

We know Pablo has a stick from their earlier statement. I am unsure if Pablo has the game myself. So that could be the basis for their inquiry. If Pablo does have the game then I think your point is equally valid. In the end I feel lag has a certain amount of subjectivity to it. I say this as some may prefer a miniscule delay. One may technically be more responsive in a timeline but that doesn't necessarily make everyone or even anyone play better or worse. It's what works for each individual and feels better for them.

The concern about lag is not even the topic here, were just going down the list of what sticks are tested and proven to work, no more and no less.
    We also have to factor the SF V game is still releasing updates and patch fixes, and will continue to do so for a long while.

Also keep in mind all the contributors to Tech Talk's mountain of knowledge is all volunteer, community base with people tacking subjects on their own time. No one here does Tech Talk Full Time.

As I understood it people from the Evo staff themselves are reviewing this and seeing what Capcom does in the next few months. There was an article on SRK home page that was later taken down as the announcement was premature. So there is some actual concern. If we hear nothing about it then it's an non-issue as most likely Evo felt it's not worth mentioning. If they make another announcement we worry about it when it comes.

The concern about lag is not even the topic here, were just going down the list of what sticks are tested and proven to work, no more and no less.
    We also have to factor the SF V game is still releasing updates and patch fixes, and will continue to do so for a long while.

Also keep in mind all the contributors to Tech Talk's mountain of knowledge is all volunteer, community base with people tacking subjects on their own time. No one here does Tech Talk Full Time.

As I understood it people from the Evo staff themselves are reviewing this and seeing what Capcom does in the next few months. There was an article on SRK home page that was later taken down as the announcement was premature. So there is some actual concern. If we hear nothing about it then it's an non-issue as most likely Evo felt it's not worth mentioning. If they make another announcement we worry about it when it comes.

Correct, I would agree with that this thread is not about lag. There is an exhaustive discussion in another thread regarding stick by themselves. If there is a separate thread specifically related to the SG driver adding or changing it, I cannot say.

I was trying to make sure I understood what was Pablo asking about. That would be, if there was lag with the driver (not does it work, per this thread's topic). Your reply I interpreted as looking at him to test the lag, as that specifically is what he asked about. I would agree, all should test for whatever they want to do. Functionality, lag, etc. These forums are to help each other and by and large I think most do.

Following up on your Evo comments, I agree with you there too. That will be interesting as it will affect everyone that attends positively or negatively we have yet to see. :)
    Could use more input on untested sticks and clarification on the ZD USB (possible working when mode is switched).

Mayflash and other Qanbas need tested too.
    Injustice stick? (lol I gave mine away)

• mR_CaESaRmR_CaESaR Joined: Posts: 734
    I can confirm the original PS360 works by the authentication mode. I have it installed in my custom cabinet and it works fine.
    mR_CaESaR wrote: »
    I can confirm the original PS360 works by the authentication mode. I have it installed in my custom cabinet and it works fine.

thank you for the input

• FelFel Joined: Posts: 2
    I have a TES PS3 stick, it does not work on PS4 SFV.
    Fel wrote: »
    I have a TES PS3 stick, it does not work on PS4 SFV.

my TE:S works... thats odd.
    Not to insult you, but did you go to options/more options and hit the legacy detect? I have found that sometimes I can leave a stick plugged in and it sees it, other times I have to plug it in after I have hit the detect option

• PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,473
    Correction on the Zero Delay boards: the original yellow USB only board works, the ps2/ps3/pc model (green board, the "rematch") does not. Tested on USF4 and either input mode (D-pad or LS) works, reports are that you need to toggle the mode for directions to work in SFV.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
    Correction on the Zero Delay boards: the original yellow USB only board works, the ps2/ps3/pc model (green board, the "rematch") does not. Tested on USF4 and either input mode (D-pad or LS) works, reports are that you need to toggle the mode for directions to work in SFV.

Thanks for clearing that up.

• onyxmethonyxmeth Joined: Posts: 71

It works.

I gutted mine right away.
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 990
    edited February 2016
    Chiming in that I've tested the following, and they work fine, no noticeable lag (eye test only):
    • ChImp SMD (PCB is in a American style case with a Perfert360 stick, so Optical + SF5 = :joy: ) (Already confirmed by @ed1371 )
    • Cerberus, mine isn't updated to the most recent patch, it's whatever firmware the PCB ships with, if that helps (Already confirmed by @ed1371 )
    • PS3 MadCatz MvC2 TE (I'm pretty sure this is a first gen TE PCB with the funky UHCI protocols)
    • XBox360/PS3 eTokki Omni Rev. 3 works
    • iBuffalo SNES USB Gamepad doesn't work (controller recognized, but the d-pad is X-Y Axis type is you can't move :cry: )

Got a PS3 Sega VSHG & a PS3 Qanba Q2 still to test.

I saw someone mention that they didn't want to test their PS2 to PS3 adapters on their PS4. Why? Any danger of damaging your equipment if you do this, I've got a bunch of adapters I wanna try?
    Post edited by Feargus001100 on
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
  • CiemnikaCiemnika Joined: Posts: 1
    I have two of the Qanba Q4RAF sticks and I can't get either of them to recognize. I've tried them on PS3/PC mode and Xbox 360 mode for grins.

I'm going into options, choosing "detect controller," plugging in the controller, and then pressing the home button. When I do this, inputs 1-4 stay lit and the stick won't work. Anyone have a similar experience or any ideas on how to overcome this? I love these sticks and am not keen to purchase another one at this point.