SFV PS4 legacy controller compatible sticks/PCBs (see first post)

Comments

• ed1371ed1371 Yogahh Joined: Posts: 1,528
    Got a PS3 Sega VSHG & a PS3 Qanba Q2 still to test.

I saw someone mention that they didn't want to test their PS2 to PS3 adapters on their PS4. Why? Any danger of damaging your equipment if you do this, I've got a bunch of adapters I wanna try?

Thanks, someone had 2 adapters stop working after trying them. Unknown if it was the PS4 or not.

why crimp when you can solder??

PSN: Nippage
  • tooltool Joined: Posts: 40
    Does this pcb Xin Mo Arcade Controller to USB - PC or PS3 works with ps4 sfv?
    http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/xin-mo/24-arcade-controller-to-usb.html
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 990
    ed1371 wrote: »
    Thanks, someone had 2 adapters stop working after trying them. Unknown if it was the PS4 or not.

Thanks x2 for telling me that before I tried mine, phew that was close!

Can you tell me who they were or which ones they tried?

I have two great/rare'ish ones that I don't want bricked: ✪TAC & inPin
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
  • ThamanatorThamanator Joined: Posts: 73
    I'm afraid we may have multiple iterations of the ZE Rematch on the market... I have the green board with the home function, macro function and turbo functions on it, and both of the ones I have, work fine. I am not sure if any mode toggling has been done with it, or not. I may be able to get the old style chimp tested here shortly, as well.

it was a pelican adaptor here:
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10619101#Comment_10619101

Thamanator wrote: »
    I'm afraid we may have multiple iterations of the ZE Rematch on the market... I have the green board with the home function, macro function and turbo functions on it, and both of the ones I have, work fine. I am not sure if any mode toggling has been done with it, or not. I may be able to get the old style chimp tested here shortly, as well.

is there a model or revision# on the board so I can clarify?

• BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,613
    Can confirm ChImp Classic (non SMD version) works.
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Shrapnl wrote: »
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Shrapnl wrote: »
    Does the driver add lag? Would like to know if I can just hook up my PS3 rd1 TE can be done with it.
    How bout you test it for your self and tell us.

We know Pablo has a stick from their earlier statement. I am unsure if Pablo has the game myself. So that could be the basis for their inquiry. If Pablo does have the game then I think your point is equally valid. In the end I feel lag has a certain amount of subjectivity to it. I say this as some may prefer a miniscule delay. One may technically be more responsive in a timeline but that doesn't necessarily make everyone or even anyone play better or worse. It's what works for each individual and feels better for them.

The concern about lag is not even the topic here, were just going down the list of what sticks are tested and proven to work, no more and no less.
    We also have to factor the SF V game is still releasing updates and patch fixes, and will continue to do so for a long while.

Also keep in mind all the contributors to Tech Talk's mountain of knowledge is all volunteer, community base with people tacking subjects on their own time. No one here does Tech Talk Full Time.

As I understood it people from the Evo staff themselves are reviewing this and seeing what Capcom does in the next few months. There was an article on SRK home page that was later taken down as the announcement was premature. So there is some actual concern. If we hear nothing about it then it's an non-issue as most likely Evo felt it's not worth mentioning. If they make another announcement we worry about it when it comes.

Correct, I would agree with that this thread is not about lag. There is an exhaustive discussion in another thread regarding stick by themselves. If there is a separate thread specifically related to the SG driver adding or changing it, I cannot say.

I was trying to make sure I understood what was Pablo asking about. That would be, if there was lag with the driver (not does it work, per this thread's topic). Your reply I interpreted as looking at him to test the lag, as that specifically is what he asked about. I would agree, all should test for whatever they want to do. Functionality, lag, etc. These forums are to help each other and by and large I think most do.

Following up on your Evo comments, I agree with you there too. That will be interesting as it will affect everyone that attends positively or negatively we have yet to see. :)

I don't have the game. Had that piece in my cart, but then read the SRK front page saying there were issues with legacy support. I could have bought it for $40, but now that I missed out its back to the retail price (amazon prime).

All i was asking if the lag made it unplayable. No need for data, as I am sure that will be done later.

ed1371 wrote: »

it was a pelican adaptor here:
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10619101#Comment_10619101

Seem's like a good investment to get USB 2.0 support on PS4, unless this product is total B.S.
    41CqpJyx-wL.jpg

May pick-up some kind of USB-Hub-Thiny like this before I "ritual sacrifice" any of my PS2 adapters to the PS4.
  • ThamanatorThamanator Joined: Posts: 73
    There is a number on the back side 110926 above a character I can't make out next to Y-PS3-101 above multiple characters that are scratched out and PS3-JOYSTICK
  • ShrapnlShrapnl Joined: Posts: 10

I don't have the game. Had that piece in my cart, but then read the SRK front page saying there were issues with legacy support. I could have bought it for $40, but now that I missed out its back to the retail price (amazon prime).

All i was asking if the lag made it unplayable. No need for data, as I am sure that will be done later.

Similar to a number of people here, I had already purchased new PS4 compatible sticks before the legacy support was officially announced. After this thread was posted I decided to try my older TE Kitty modded sticks. While I've been mostly playing with my new VLX's, I did play a few rounds with the old ones to verify for the purposes of this thread. I am fairly confident (for me) that I would suck equally bad with either the legacy or new sticks if that helps at all. :)
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,276 mod
    edited February 2016
    The PlayTech Pro Arcade doesn't work either as it identifies itself to the console as a SIXAXIS/DualShock 3.
    d3v wrote: »
    The PlayTech Pro Arcade doesn't work either as it identifies itself to the console as a SIXAXIS/DualShock 3.

thanks for the input man

• Justin MasudaJustin Masuda JMAS Joined: Posts: 29
    My qanba q4 is not able to connect thus far. Have tried on ps3/pc and just for the hell of it on xbox360. All the inputs light up but nothing happens. If someone knows how to get it to work would be nice
  • skullkrusherskullkrusher Joined: Posts: 2
    I have a TE2 Ultra SF4 PS3/PS4 Rivals edition. Ive been wary about buying SFV after i found it doesnt work on the PC Edition, and then to find out all the trouble everyone else is having with PS4. Madcatz site doesnt specifically state this controller is supported for SFV, Id be real upset if it doesnt since it is for PS4 and it was just released last summer. Does anyone know if the TE2's work for SFV on PS4?
    I have a TE2 Ultra SF4 PS3/PS4 Rivals edition. Ive been wary about buying SFV after i found it doesnt work on the PC Edition, and then to find out all the trouble everyone else is having with PS4. Madcatz site doesnt specifically state this controller is supported for SFV, Id be real upset if it doesnt since it is for PS4 and it was just released last summer. Does anyone know if the TE2's work for SFV on PS4?

Don't have one but I can say with almost 100% certainty that stick will work. All the Madcatz sticks (to include the 2009 versions) have been working. I cant imagine a PS4 stick not working with... well, a PS4.

pulling qanba q4 from "working" list until someone can show the PCB version that is working for some folks.

• PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,473

It will work on pc with x360ce right now. Capcom is working on a patch for direct input controllers, which will negate the need for that.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • goonwildgoonwild Joined: Posts: 7
    Saw first post, nothing related to the MadCatz Fightstick PRO (SFxT) edition seen. On my PS4, it doesn't seem to be detectable as a legacy controller at all, confirmed stick works otherwise. Anyone else confirm/deny this? Ty
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,683
    goonwild wrote: »
    Saw first post, nothing related to the MadCatz Fightstick PRO (SFxT) edition seen. On my PS4, it doesn't seem to be detectable as a legacy controller at all, confirmed stick works otherwise. Anyone else confirm/deny this? Ty

Does it work on a PC or PS3?
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • goonwildgoonwild Joined: Posts: 7

Does it work on a PC or PS3?

I have currently only tested it on the PS3 system, which it works on.
  • mR_CaESaRmR_CaESaR Joined: Posts: 734

I'm slightly confused, you're saying it's not detectable able as legacy controller but it's confirmed?

What happens when you plug it in to the port when you're in the legacy controller section? Tried another port?

Btw @ed1371, I can confirm the original Hori Real Arcade Pro. 3 Premium VLX works as a legacy controller - checked it this afternoon
  • vega123vega123 Joined: Posts: 81
    edited February 2016
    I tried my Madcatz TE (first ones made back when they were supposed to be limited) and only the buttons work, not the stick. I plugged my Hori RAP 3 SA to check if I was doing it correctly and it works just fine.
  • oldskoolgamingoldskoolgaming STMemory Joined: Posts: 105

I have a Madcatz SFxT PS3 (Line model if it matters) tested SFV working
    in my earlier post i had a TE-S (White Ken version) it is not being detected. I tried both plugging in before and after hitting the authenticate option.

My TE-S was dual-modded with a DPDT switch.. I have just unmodded it, and will try it again soon

can also reconfirm that Soul Calibur Madcatz works(plug in before, and also after hitting the authenticate)
    vega123 wrote: »
    I tried my Madcatz TE (first ones made back when they were supposed to be limited) and only the buttons work, not the stick. I plugged my Hori RAP 3 SA to check if I was doing it correctly and it works just fine.

Make sure you're in "DP" mode and not "LS" or "RS" on the switch
  • Abel2Cammy0Abel2Cammy0 Joined: Posts: 2
    does HORI fighting commander 4 work for this, it says ps3/4 compatible but will it work for SFV?
  • vega123vega123 Joined: Posts: 81
    mR_CaESaR wrote: »

That did the trick, now it works fine. Thanks!
    mR_CaESaR wrote: »

That did the trick, now it works fine. Thanks!

Perfect! glad to be of help.
  • el_Principeel_Principe EL CHAPO Jr. Joined: Posts: 135
    Paewang PCB (etokki Omni) works
  • StevenewhenStevenewhen Joined: Posts: 5
    Just waiting for the Brooks PCB to work before I preorder
  • MrGangreneMrGangrene Joined: Posts: 45
    My Qanba Q4RAF works perfectly fine on the PS4.
    Home and Select buttons don't do anything though so you can't use share or the playstation button.

But other than that everything else works perfectly fine.
  • loomerloomer Joined: Posts: 32
    I tried my ancient mayflash (2009 pcb) and it works, but the buttons are flipped! What my controller is wired to versus what SFV reads it as. Stick movement works fine.
    X=O
    O=X
    □=∆
    ∆=□
    R2=R1
    R1=R2
    L1=L2
    L2=L1
    Select=Start
    Start=Nothing
    *Mashes Soul Satellite*
    USF4-Rose/Juri/Hugo
  • skullkrusherskullkrusher Joined: Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    Picked up the game today, you guys were right, the TE2 works fine on PS4. Thanks for the feedback.
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,579
    Paewang PCB (etokki Omni) works
    Good work. Surprised it took this long for someone to test this one, considering it was once the go-to PCB of the previous generation of consoles; I have a couple mounted in a cab that's unfortunately not convenient to connect to my PS4.

Anyhow, tested an Exar Exaprize USB Sanwa Edition (or rather, just the PCB mounted in another stick; this one), and it works just fine in SFV on the PS4.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
    edited February 2016
    Latest Test:

Prerequisite: Fearing that I would fry my adapters, I used an old 4-Port i(DOT)Connect USB 2.0 hub I had laying around, I didn't connect it to a an AC adapter, so it was running purely off whatever power comes off of the PS4's right most USB 3.0 port. I am happy to report that after all my testing, everything works fine back on PC & PS3 :smiley:
    • PS3 Sega VSHG, works perfectly, stick & all buttons functional (except for the PlayStation button, which was to be expected)
    • inPin PS2 to PS3 Controller Adaptor + [ Any PSX, PS one, or PS2 controller ], doesn't work, detected as PS3 wireless controller and therefore is blocked :cry:
    • ✪TAC Universal PS2 to PS3 Controller Adapter + Namco Arcade Stick (SLEH-004), works perfectly, stick & all buttons functional
    • ✪TAC Universal PS2 to PS3 Controller Adapter + PS one Analog Controller (SCPH-110), works perfectly, d-pad & all buttons functional (was unable to switch to analog stick mode)
    • ✪TAC Universal PS2 to PS3 Controller Adapter + PlayStation Controller (SCPH-1080), works perfectly, d-pad & all buttons functional
    • SY KIKY JOY PSX for USB Convert + Namco Arcade Stick (SLEH-004), works with issues, stick functional, buttons functional but remapped weirdly & do not match labels, drops inputs, cannot recommend :cry:
    • SY KIKY JOY PSX for USB Convert + Sony PS one Analog Controller (SCPH-110), works with issues, d-pad functional, buttons functional but remapped weirdly & do not match labels, drops inputs, cannot recommend :cry:
    • SY KIKY JOY PSX for USB Convert + Sony PlayStation Controller (SCPH-1080), works with issues, d-pad is X-Y axis type so you can't move, buttons functional but remapped weirdly & do not match labels, drops inputs, cannot recommend :cry:

I am also happy to report that I plugged my PS4 controller into the hub, and it functioned & charged fine as well. I will probably tomorrow order that integrated PS4 USB hub that I mentioned in an earlier post.
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,683
    Let us know how the Hub works.
  • OrochiLeonaOrochiLeona Joined: Posts: 12
    edited February 2016
    I have a 2009 launch day Mad Catz TE PS3 stick, when I tried it (briefly) at a friends it did not work (I did go through the legacy option in the menu)

Is this stick confirmed working? I'm not sure what I did wrong if so.
    Thanks in advance and cheers for putting this list together.
    Let us know
    I have a 2009 launch day Mad Catz TE PS3 stick, when I tried it (briefly) at a friends it did not work (I did go through the legacy option in the menu)

Is this stick confirmed working? I'm not sure what I did wrong if so.
    Thanks in advance and cheers for putting this list together.
    Check the stick out on a PS3 or a compatible PC.
    edited February 2016
    I know it doesnt work on *my* PC, but I don't have compatibility for it. It works on PS3
    As a rule of thumb, should this stick work? I'm seeing different opinions in various places.

I can't remember whether I switched to "DP" mode as mentioned in a post above. I'll try that out when I next get chance.

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,276 mod
    I've an OG TE for PS3 somewhere around here, so I can test it to be sure (but it should theoretically work).
    d3v wrote: »
    I've an OG TE for PS3 somewhere around here, so I can test it to be sure (but it should theoretically work).
    Thanks a lot, appreciate it.