SFV PS4 legacy controller compatible sticks/PCBs (see first post)

Comments

• DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 508
    https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeZSez

Check his tweets from the 15th
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,683
    edited February 2016
    Dubon wrote: »

Thanks.
    For others who are reading the thread, the 15th we are referring to was the 15th of Feb 2016.

“Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,579
    I was under the impression that the requirement for the DS4 being connected was because you need to have a profile connected to the player in SFV, just like it is in MKX.
    I'm presuming that the profile requirement isn't there for Skullgirls.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • oldskoolgamingoldskoolgaming STMemory Joined: Posts: 105
    edited February 2016
    MaxPowerrs wrote: »
    I'm having issues getting the MadCatz SE to stay on longer than five minutes. The PS4 recognizes the legacy controller, I make sure that the stick is in "DP", I have the DS4 plugged in as well to avoid the shutdown, but the stick still becomes unresponsive. Sometimes, the joystick doesn't respond, other times it's the buttons. When it does manage to stay on longer, and I'm able to get into a match, the stick randomly stops responding mid game. I know that it has been confirmed to work, so I'm wondering if there is something on my part that I am doing wrong. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Have u tried using a USB 2.0 hub for the Stick? My TE-S will only work if it is connected through the hub and not directly to the PS4
    I have to plug in the hub first, then connect the joystick and it will be detected
    I was under the impression that the requirement for the DS4 being connected was because you need to have a profile connected to the player in SFV, just like it is in MKX.

Do you need a profile for per controller? Iow do you need 2 profiles for local multiplayer? Ive been playing on pc so far.

Heres how SG handles it:
    That's entirely up to MKX/NRS, it has nothing to do with devkit vs retail. A profile is not required for the driver, it is required by the GAME for savedata and trophies and things. The PS3 driver itself doesn't care about any profiles or anything at all besides which sticks are plugged in. (Though I would assume you don't need to keep the controller actually physically plugged in, just not dead, so the 2 USB ports isn't really an issue unless you're at low battery, and you can probably plug the DS4 into another USB port like your phone charger, for power. That's some sideways spin there, heh.)

SG does NOT work that way, as already shown on repeated Salty streams. SG keeps the profile that started the game always logged in, and that's the only profile it uses no matter which controllers you add or remove. You need a single DS4 to press one button and dismiss the "You plugged in a legacy controller, the Home button won't work" message that you get when plugging in a PS3 stick the first time - and we're trying to fix that, too! - but after that point you can disconnect the DS4 and play the game entirely with PS3 sticks until you turn it off. I even wrote special code where if the DS4 was in charge of the menus, when you unplug it the game finds the first PS3 stick and puts that one in charge, which is not how other console versions work.

[edit] Just checked with my phone charger, you can leave a DS4 connected to your PS4 and charge it that way. If you connect it to something else that recognizes it as a controller (like your PC, with DS4 drivers) then it will disconnect from the PS4
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,579

Do you need a profile for per controller? Iow do you need 2 profiles for local multiplayer? Ive been playing on pc so far.
    Yes, you do need a profile per controller (actual profile, or guest profile), regardless of whether you're using actual PS4 controllers or not.

Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • MaxPowerrsMaxPowerrs Joined: Posts: 5
    MaxPowerrs wrote: »
    I'm having issues getting the MadCatz SE to stay on longer than five minutes. The PS4 recognizes the legacy controller, I make sure that the stick is in "DP", I have the DS4 plugged in as well to avoid the shutdown, but the stick still becomes unresponsive. Sometimes, the joystick doesn't respond, other times it's the buttons. When it does manage to stay on longer, and I'm able to get into a match, the stick randomly stops responding mid game. I know that it has been confirmed to work, so I'm wondering if there is something on my part that I am doing wrong. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Have u tried using a USB 2.0 hub for the Stick? My TE-S will only work if it is connected through the hub and not directly to the PS4
    I have to plug in the hub first, then connect the joystick and it will be detected

The USB hub totally worked! I didn't get a non response for 20 minutes, which is the longest I have gone so far! Thanks for the tip!
    Q4RAF works. I have this version
    there is another version of Q4RAF with 'stickman' logo if anyone can test
  • NCBLANKANCBLANKA Joined: Posts: 2
    Soooo I see the Qanba Q2 isn't on the confirmed working or not working list. I just ordered one so now im scared and kinda bummed I just blew money and its not going to work lol. Arrggh
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 630
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Let get couple of things straight

1. If you are so worried about lag, don't bother looking at any converter (any brand, any model) as it will include another step in the process thus another few milliseconds of delay
    2. You have to take the base controller into consideration, in this case the Mad Catz TE Round 1 (1st Gen)
    3. the Brook device is said to have 5ms of delay (do not quote me on that)
    4. (this goes for everything) even if the converter is not at fault and the stick does not lag, not every device will be compatible with every other device and the combination could cause various issues.

so is the 5ms for brook device the usb adapters, the ps2 to ps4 or both? Do you happen to know if they did lag test on the brook ps3/4 board?

Thanks.
    For others who are reading the thread, the 15th we are referring to was the 15th of Feb 2016.

Wonder if they want us to buy more joysticks or if it has something to do with the fact they arent funded enough? Seeing how we got a barebones release

• DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,683
    DEZALB wrote: »

Wonder if they want us to buy more joysticks or if it has something to do with the fact they arent funded enough? Seeing how we got a barebones release

If that is the case, they wouldn't include the drivers
    i think they just had to rush their implementation so they probably copy pasted most of it from their usfiv code. Hopefully theyll take some time to improve ps3 legacy sticks support.
  • wootsnorlaxwootsnorlax Joined: Posts: 7
    The Qanba Q2 Glow Evo Edition works with the legacy support! Because of that I believe the whole Qanba Q2 series should, but I'm not sure about the details on it.
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 630
    DEZALB wrote: »

If that is the case, they wouldn't include the drivers

Yeah , I'm more leaning towards the release being rushed.

And they include drivers but they work like crap. Gets ppl playing then getting mad to inputlag. So they go and buy a "proper" arcade stick. If capcom was evil that is
  • HaruspexHaruspex Joined: Posts: 81
    I can confirm that the zero delay pcb works without any problems on sfv with the legacy support. A small hassle is that you have to assign the "mode" on a button in order to switch to POV hat and have working inputs on the joystick. I bought this version:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zero-Delay-USB-Encoder-PC-to-Joystick-For-Arcade-DIY-Kit-MAME-Sanwa-Parts-/201330268433?hash=item2ee0381911:g:NN8AAOSwg3FUiTMj

I am just hoping that Capcom will improve the drivers for legacy support and be the same as SG.
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 990
    Seem's like a good investment to get USB 2.0 support on PS4, unless this product is total B.S.
    http://ps4daily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/41CqpJyx-wL.jpg

May pick-up some kind of USB-Hub-Thiny like this before I "ritual sacrifice" any of my PS2 adapters to the PS4.

I just picked up the same hub but mine is branded as Insgnia. I give it a few play throughs before I report further.

Well mine finally arrived in the mail, 2 days after the online tracking said it had been delivered, go USPS!!!, came in plain brown box, no retail packaging, mine was not branded Insignia either :i_dunno:

Anyways after ten days of nightly 2~3 hour sessions on PS4, and then taking the adapter with me back to work during the day for "Office Rounds" on PC, that Amazon Hub + ✪TAC Universal PS2 to PS3 Controller Adapter + Any PS2 stick or controller is a pretty stable setup as far as legacy sticks go :)
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
  • aszydaszyd Joined: Posts: 505
    taking the adapter with me back to work during the day for "Office Rounds" on PC

I can get away with a lot of stuff at work, but damn, I don't think that I could ever pull off "Office Rounds." Lucky!
  • Karr80Karr80 Joined: Posts: 98
    Hori RAP3 works

InPin ps2 -> ps3 adapter does not work.

Qanba Q2 works, but the buttons are different, circle and square swapped, r1->l1, r2->l2
    "It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent."
  • General_AwesomoGeneral_Awesomo "Hyouh!" Joined: Posts: 372
    The HRAP.3 SA works.
    Karr80 wrote: »
    Hori RAP3 works

InPin ps2 -> ps3 adapter does not work.

Qanba Q2 works, but the buttons are different, circle and square swapped, r1->l1, r2->l2

GT: GeneraI Awesomo USFIV Main: Vega
    PSN: General_Awesomo UMvC3 Team: Zero (β) / Taskmaster (α) / Vergil (γ)
  • speedsterharryspeedsterharry Joined: Posts: 786
    Doesn't anyone know if the Ultra-Ulia (HRAP clone, which was distributed in Europe 2 years ago) works with SF V or PS4 ?

00018410.jpg
    edited March 2016
    Doesn't anyone know if the Ultra-Ulia (HRAP clone, which was distributed in Europe 2 years ago) works with SF V or PS4 ?

[image snip]

First Question: Did it work on the PS3? If the answer is yes: Maybe, we got to look into more factors.

Second Question (harder to answer): Does it mimic the Six Axis or Dual Shock 3.
    if the Answer is Yes then: No, it will not work.

If it mimic one of the the Hrap PS3 boards or other Official 3rd party boards you should be fine.
  • speedsterharryspeedsterharry Joined: Posts: 786
    First Question: Did it work on the PS3? If the answer is yes: Maybe, we got to look into more factors.
    The stick works on PS3/PC (forgot to say, sorry). It just doesn't work on PS4, even with the "first plug the Dual Shock 4 then replace controler with the Ultra-Ulia" technique.

I cannot answer any of the other questions since I'm asking on behalf of someone else.

• PapitoPapito Joined: Posts: 162
    TE ROUND 1 stays wont work on my end does anyone have any special instructions for it to work
  • ed1371ed1371 Yogahh Joined: Posts: 1,528
    Rd 1 should be fine. Using a normal controller going to option/advanced options and recognize legacy controller should do it. I have seen some sticks that you have to wait to plug in after you have clicked on "detect/recognize" so maybe try that?
    why crimp when you can solder??

PSN: Nippage
  • CaganCagan Joined: Posts: 397
    So is there an inherent lag in the implementation of the driver, regardless of what PCB is used?
    Cagan wrote: »
    So is there an inherent lag in the implementation of the driver, regardless of what PCB is used?
    You mean latency. Lag is not the same as Latency and there is a difference.
    The difference being latency is planed, expected and sometimes intentionally put in.
    Lag is from a drop in performance.

Now for your question, their is no added latency from the driver it self in the original Skull Girls Legacy drivers.
  • steve14steve14 Joined: Posts: 61
    whew...good to know toodle's trusty cthulhu still works on the ps4
  • poisonmarpoisonmar Joined: Posts: 448
    edited March 2016
    I don't see this one on the list but myself and others have found that the PowerA Xbox One Mini Series PCBs (or controller) work on PS3 and PS4 (legacy mode) if you hold SELECT while plugging it in. This is actually pretty neat, if you have a padhacked Xbox One stick (with this particular PCB), it will also work for SFV and PS3 (without HOME functionality).

k2-_80f5f4f5-76aa-43c2-a651-bde9ccc5a241.v1.jpg
    Post edited by poisonmar on
  • mR_CaESaRmR_CaESaR Joined: Posts: 734
    I can confirm the PS3 MadCatz SFxT V.S. Fightstick works as a legacy controller (I didn't think there would be an issue, since this is essentially the same PCB as the TES)
    Well, GG xrd Revelator pre Order demo just got released with Native ps3 stick support. Just Plug and play. Hopefully Capcom take a good Look at it and get their implementation on par.
    edited April 2016
    Papito wrote: »
    TE ROUND 1 stays wont work on my end does anyone have any special instructions for it to work
    @Papito
    try a USB 2.0 hub. plug the hub, then connect the TE Round 1, and use the ds4/ps4 controller to go into game options and launch the legacy controller authentication
    edited May 2016
    Replying to confirm that the Pokken controller works with PS4 SFV as a legacy controller. Button mapping is a dead on match for a DS3 too!

panoramic_big.jpg

And that the PC version of the Sega Virtua Stick (CS2-0007) doesn't. Stick inputs map to the X-Y Axis so it's very much a NO GO for this little guy :cry:

$_58.JPG

• UmBongoUmBongo Joined: Posts: 5
    Correction on the Zero Delay boards: the original yellow USB only board works, the ps2/ps3/pc model (green board, the "rematch") does not. Tested on USF4 and either input mode (D-pad or LS) works, reports are that you need to toggle the mode for directions to work in SFV.

Can you confirm that this one works with PS4 SFV?

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc5/CUTWEST/BoardFront.jpg

I'm going to an event soon where they use PS4s and I've never tested my stick on one. Thanks.
    Okay so I play on PC but I rented sfv for ps4 since my brother has ps4 and tested legacy support on his Qanba Q4 ice red version this one:http://www.eightarc.com/qanba-q4-ice-red/ and it worked fine.

We also tested the Zero Delay USB PCB that I put in my stick from focus attack this one:http://www.focusattack.com/ps3-pc-zero-delay-usb-encoder-pcb-japan-style-controls/

And it worked as well, although I did notice that the x and o buttons were swapped. Light kick was cancel instead of being accept and medium kick was accept. I have little experience with ps4 so maybe circle is accept and x is cancel now, could be that too. But both sticks worked fine.

I missed this reply when I made my last post. I guess that clears up my question.
    I tried using the Zero Delay PCB on a PS4 as a legacy controller and only the buttons worked. I think it might be because the joystick is using the 5 pin connector. Anyone got any clue why the stick wouldn't work but the buttons did?
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,473
    UmBongo wrote: »
    I tried using the Zero Delay PCB on a PS4 as a legacy controller and only the buttons worked. I think it might be because the joystick is using the 5 pin connector. Anyone got any clue why the stick wouldn't work but the buttons did?

Connect a button to the mode slot, it toggles between d pad and analog signals. Press it after the system is on and it should work.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
    UmBongo wrote: »

Connect a button to the mode slot, it toggles between d pad and analog signals. Press it after the system is on and it should work.

Thank you!
    edited June 2016
    ed1371 wrote: »
    pulling qanba q4 from "working" list until someone can show the PCB version that is working for some folks.

Q4ICEREDSA_grande.jpg

+1 vote for the Qanba Q4 RAF being added to the working list.

Just tried mine (in PS3/PC mode), and it worked like a charm.

Going to change the stick and buttons tonight, so I'll post pics of the PCB then. =)

EDIT:
    PCB Image Added:
    IMG_20160609_141616.jpg
    Post edited by Feargus001100 on
  • FalkentyneFalkentyne Joined: Posts: 576
    The Q4raf version that works is the final single PCB version that *IS* common ground, that has the chip in the middle of the PCB. (Also the one that works with LED mods for the trigger buttons).

The one with EPOXY in the middle might not work.

This one is the epoxy version (the one that has issues with LED mods)
    d03604d7-6792-4305.jpg

This one is common ground:
    IMG_0743.jpg
  • misterdobimisterdobi Joined: Posts: 1
    I keep reading that the RAP3 works with PS4 and SFV.
    It's not working for me.
    Is there a setting I'm suppose to change?

Thank you