Assorted SF Fanfiction, aka better than UDON

ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOHJoined: Posts: 8,189
Hey FFL! So me, @YagamiFire , and @michaelhuey got to talking in the SFV story thead about how good Ryu Final was and how UDON's representation of the series was rather superficial. I got to thinking that, if the community actually wrote out more chapters as non-canon complements, people could develop more of an interest in the series' story potential. So anyone is free to contribute to this directory, provided they operate within certain rules:
-Please respect the base source material and don't completely overwrite games/logic. If you want to take a different game/timeline as canon (SF2 vs SFA3), that's tolerable, but don't just make Ryu and Akuma drinking buddies or something like that
-No slash fics. No matter how well written, Oro x Necro x Ingrid is a ship that will never sail.
-This is meant as more universe-centric, so writing all about some OC that does not really exist in Street Fighter is deviating a bit too far imo
-No crossovers; this is straight Street Fighter. That said, Final Fight and other Capcom properties that officially tie into the series are cool.
-This is as much a collection as it is a platform; if there's some nuggets of gold floating around the depths of the internet, feel free to link it here. However, original submissions are definitely welcome!

So, with these rules out in the open, let's begin! I'll be sure to update the OP and reserve posts over time, so stay tuned!
formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
«1

Comments

  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,189
    Reserve 1
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,189
    Reserve 2
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,189
    Reserve 3
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,189
    Reserve 4
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990
    Should we consider spit-balling a first story arc/direction?
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990
    Also I might humbly offer up this...

    forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/191746/clash-of-brothers

    ...as a sort of prologue?
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,189
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    Should we consider spit-balling a first story arc/direction?

    Sure. Where to begin? Pre SF1 if we want to go chronologically, I assume. I wouldn't touch anything after SF4 right now because Capcom is currently working on that.
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    Also I might humbly offer up this...

    forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/191746/clash-of-brothers

    ...as a sort of prologue?

    Doesn't display for me
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    Should we consider spit-balling a first story arc/direction?

    Sure. Where to begin? Pre SF1 if we want to go chronologically, I assume. I wouldn't touch anything after SF4 right now because Capcom is currently working on that.
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    Also I might humbly offer up this...

    forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/191746/clash-of-brothers

    ...as a sort of prologue?

    Doesn't display for me

    That's strange...

    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/191746/clash-of-brothers

    Does that work?
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,189
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    Should we consider spit-balling a first story arc/direction?

    Sure. Where to begin? Pre SF1 if we want to go chronologically, I assume. I wouldn't touch anything after SF4 right now because Capcom is currently working on that.
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    Also I might humbly offer up this...

    forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/191746/clash-of-brothers

    ...as a sort of prologue?

    Doesn't display for me

    That's strange...

    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/191746/clash-of-brothers

    Does that work?

    Much better. People can write on who/what they want, and I would classify this as a Gouken v Akuma fight in the OP. I think it would be more productive if everyone wrote on the parts they were most interested in, and such an approach would also cover a lot of ground. I will add that I'm working on a series of Dorai-Li (Chun's father) and Gen's final mission, culminating Dorai's death and setting Chun-Li's actual story in motion.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990
    Okay maybe we can pitch some ideas? I'd really like for us just to do a story arc post SF4. Who cares what they do in SF5? I also had the beginnings of an idea for a Gen story set in like post-WWII China that would have ties to the Illuminati and events unfolding in the modern day
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,189
    I guess we can try covering the gap between SF4 and SFV, which is about a year if memory serves. We should focus on characters we each want to write, though. Who would you like to cover? I'll gladly take Juri or Balrog/Ed.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • Chun-Li_ForeverChun-Li_Forever Chun-Li Fan Forever Joined: Posts: 858
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    Should we consider spit-balling a first story arc/direction?

    Sure. Where to begin? Pre SF1 if we want to go chronologically, I assume. I wouldn't touch anything after SF4 right now because Capcom is currently working on that.
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    Also I might humbly offer up this...

    forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/191746/clash-of-brothers

    ...as a sort of prologue?

    Doesn't display for me

    That's strange...

    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/191746/clash-of-brothers

    Does that work?

    Much better. People can write on who/what they want, and I would classify this as a Gouken v Akuma fight in the OP. I think it would be more productive if everyone wrote on the parts they were most interested in, and such an approach would also cover a lot of ground. I will add that I'm working on a series of Dorai-Li (Chun's father) and Gen's final mission, culminating Dorai's death and setting Chun-Li's actual story in motion.

    I am still working on chun's story. At the moment. Its still in outline form witu me just adding details amd insight.
    But seeing dorai's story would he excellent in jump starting how chun li gets her start.
    - ABOUT ME -
    - Chun-Li Fan/Main now and forever.
    - Aspiring Professional Actor & Longtime Street Fighter Fan
    - Street Fighter comic writer
    - Favorite Movie: The Incredibles (and excited for the sequel)
    - Favorite SF game: Street Fighter V | CFN: Chun-Li_Forever
    - Casual SF fan, Hardcore Chun-Li player | Goal: Reach Lvl 100 with Chun-Li | Currently Lvl 78
    - Story, art, characters, music, lore, plot > tournaments, EVO, Cap Cup, and everything competitive in Street fighter

    - CHUN-LI FAN COMICS -

    CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET (In-Progress)
    Chun-Li takes on Shadaloo... alone! Will she survive?
    Cover Page

    Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30,
    31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60,
    61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90,

    *Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

    Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink
    Update: CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET - Page 18 - Chun-Li v. Balrog: Drowning
    *edited Oct, 06, 2017: Page 18 Completed


    EVIL RYU V. CHUN-LI (Completed)
    Chun-Li fights to break Ryu free from the Satsui no Hado
    Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

    *Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

    Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink

    - TOP FAVORITE CHUN-LI STREET FIGHTER 5 COSTUMES -
    1. Vacation
    2. Battle Dress
    3. Default (although, the most iconic)
    4. Swimsuit
    5. School
    6. Undercover
    7. Story
    8. Capcom Pro Tour
    9. Sleepwear
    10. Professional
    11. B-Girl
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,189
    If it matters, the story takes place several years before SF1. FANG appears in act 1, and later parts also cover Juri's story as part of Dorai-Li's investigation. Some things I have assumed (that you can disprove if you know better)
    -Dorai goes missing before SF1 (since Chun-Li begins her investigation in Alpha 1)
    -Gen, Dorai, and Lee are all pretty good friends
    -The Nguuhao have been operating for a fairly long time
    -Bison kidnaps the dolls around this time
    -Juri's family also dies around here
    -Balrog and Sagat have not joined Shadowloo yet; Vega may or may not be a part
    -Gen was working with Dorai (mostly a creative liberty)
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990
    If it matters, the story takes place several years before SF1. FANG appears in act 1, and later parts also cover Juri's story as part of Dorai-Li's investigation. Some things I have assumed (that you can disprove if you know better)
    -Dorai goes missing before SF1 (since Chun-Li begins her investigation in Alpha 1)
    -Gen, Dorai, and Lee are all pretty good friends
    -The Nguuhao have been operating for a fairly long time
    -Bison kidnaps the dolls around this time
    -Juri's family also dies around here
    -Balrog and Sagat have not joined Shadowloo yet; Vega may or may not be a part
    -Gen was working with Dorai (mostly a creative liberty)

    I would suggest that, perhaps, Dorai is investigating Shadaloo (who is in the shadows during SF1 Monitor-Cyborg style) and Shadaloo hires Gen to kill Dorai (who is operating undercover with a different name). Gen makes a move against Dorai but recognizes, in his style, that he met him as a much younger man (perhaps 20 years earlier when Lee & Dorai were the Ken & Ryu of their day) and knows he the sort of guy that should live and is virtuous. This could start Gen's move towards softening a bit in his later years.

    Gen's refusal to eliminate Dorai could also be what triggers Vega to step up and demand the opportunity to prove himself as the premiere assassin in Shadaloo (since all others have failed and Gen quit the job). Bison would finally allow it, leading to Vega vs. Dorai.

    This sets up some good fights. Potentially Dorai vs. Lee since Lee is part of the SF1 tournie & Dorai suspects Shadaloo is around the periphery of it...they could have a friendly match. Gen vs. Dorai is obvious. Perhaps even Gen vs. Lee before that when Gen comes looking for Dorai. Then, of course, Vega vs Dorai
    I guess we can try covering the gap between SF4 and SFV, which is about a year if memory serves. We should focus on characters we each want to write, though. Who would you like to cover? I'll gladly take Juri or Balrog/Ed.

    I enjoy writing Balrog but I hate making him the one-dimensional idiot the newer games have shown him as. I like his characterization in something like SFII Animated Movie far more. I like writing Vega as well and Bison (or Shadaloo in general) and some of the more off-beat characters like Dee Jay, etc. Honestly, I like most of the characters in one respect or another.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,189
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    I would suggest that, perhaps, Dorai is investigating Shadaloo (who is in the shadows during SF1 Monitor-Cyborg style) and Shadaloo hires Gen to kill Dorai (who is operating undercover with a different name). Gen makes a move against Dorai but recognizes, in his style, that he met him as a much younger man (perhaps 20 years earlier when Lee & Dorai were the Ken & Ryu of their day) and knows he the sort of guy that should live and is virtuous. This could start Gen's move towards softening a bit in his later years.

    Gen's refusal to eliminate Dorai could also be what triggers Vega to step up and demand the opportunity to prove himself as the premiere assassin in Shadaloo (since all others have failed and Gen quit the job). Bison would finally allow it, leading to Vega vs. Dorai.

    This sets up some good fights. Potentially Dorai vs. Lee since Lee is part of the SF1 tournie & Dorai suspects Shadaloo is around the periphery of it...they could have a friendly match. Gen vs. Dorai is obvious. Perhaps even Gen vs. Lee before that when Gen comes looking for Dorai. Then, of course, Vega vs Dorai

    Well, even if you go a few years before SF1, Gen is still old as dirt and retired from being an assassin, though. Dorai treats Gen as a contact to the criminal underworld, and Gen accompanies him because Dorai is bound to run into someone capable of killing him in battle one way or another. One way to think of it would be a sort of Kung-Fu buddy cop story, with Dorai being the good cop and Gen as the bad cop. Lee, who is raising Yun/Yang during this time period while he runs a restaurant, agrees to look after Chun-Li in Dorai's absence and arrange a funeral if necessary.

    I'm not sure how exactly Bison killed Juri's parents or Dorai, honestly. I don't know if he was personally involved like how he killed Nash, or if he had someone do it for him. Juri doesn't seem to know Vega, so he was probably not involved. Maybe the dolls (which explains her hatred for Cammy and her sisters), but I'm leaning toward the following situation:
    -Juri and her parents are driving home from a junior Taekwondo tournament that she won.
    -A helicopter emerges from the sky, with Bison watching from the passenger area.
    -When the helicopter draws close, Bison headstomps onto the car's hood, sending the vehicle flying.
    -Juri comes to in the wrecked vehicle, a glass shard from the car's windows embedded in her eye.
    -She barely sees Bison holding her father by the skull.
    -"Mr.Han, you were warned of the price paid by those who stand against Shadowloo. Look around you as all you own and love, burns. Take that image, that dread with you ... all the way to hell!"
    -Bison does the "Psycho punch to the stomach" he's done against Rose and Nash, then throws his limp corpse to the curb.
    -Juri passes out, and wakes up in a hospital.

    But yeah, Vega's going to show up, but gets his ass beat by Dorai; a defeat he remembers in Chun-Li's SFV prologue.
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    I enjoy writing Balrog but I hate making him the one-dimensional idiot the newer games have shown him as. I like his characterization in something like SFII Animated Movie far more. I like writing Vega as well and Bison (or Shadaloo in general) and some of the more off-beat characters like Dee Jay, etc. Honestly, I like most of the characters in one respect or another.

    Yeah. I was hoping to have Balrog and Ed bond, which partly explains why he's such an ass in Nash's prologue. Hopefully, Capcom reads this and we get Ed AKA "Shin Little Mac" in SF6.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990
    I'd think Bison personally doing stuff with people like Juri diminishes him. He doesn't seem the type to need to get involved with that sort of thing...it's beneath him. Charlie was the #1 US guy hunting him down and he was outright annoyed that this guy reached him. Bison's got shit to do! Can't be dealing with pests. Bison doing less directly maintains mystique about him for when he finally throws down as well.

    Dorai beating Vega seems a bit strange since it's always heavily hinted (sometimes stated) that he killed him. Plus, narratively, it diminishes Chun-Li. If Vega killed her dad, it makes a nice arc for her to face him. If Dorai beat him, her doing the same is just retreading ground. Plus, it seems pretty clear Chun is supposed to be > her dad and Vega is generally portrayed as either = to or > Chun-Li.

    I seriously hope Balrog & Ed have a coach/trainee relationship. Such a great opportunity to develop Balrog into something not totally annoying.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,189
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    I'd think Bison personally doing stuff with people like Juri diminishes him. He doesn't seem the type to need to get involved with that sort of thing...it's beneath him. Charlie was the #1 US guy hunting him down and he was outright annoyed that this guy reached him. Bison's got shit to do! Can't be dealing with pests. Bison doing less directly maintains mystique about him for when he finally throws down as well.

    Dorai beating Vega seems a bit strange since it's always heavily hinted (sometimes stated) that he killed him. Plus, narratively, it diminishes Chun-Li. If Vega killed her dad, it makes a nice arc for her to face him. If Dorai beat him, her doing the same is just retreading ground. Plus, it seems pretty clear Chun is supposed to be > her dad and Vega is generally portrayed as either = to or > Chun-Li.

    I seriously hope Balrog & Ed have a coach/trainee relationship. Such a great opportunity to develop Balrog into something not totally annoying.

    Is Chun supposed to be greater than her father, though? I mean, I interpreted Seth's spin kick special as being Dorai's version of Lightning Legs, done so fast his kicks cannot be seen by the naked eye. Capcom's been so vague with the details that we really only know he was investigating Shadowloo when he died; not even his name is canon.

    Though I could imagine having Vega kill Dorai instead of Bison. At least the fight would have some tension, rather than Dorai just getting steamrolled by Bison.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    I'd think Bison personally doing stuff with people like Juri diminishes him. He doesn't seem the type to need to get involved with that sort of thing...it's beneath him. Charlie was the #1 US guy hunting him down and he was outright annoyed that this guy reached him. Bison's got shit to do! Can't be dealing with pests. Bison doing less directly maintains mystique about him for when he finally throws down as well.

    Dorai beating Vega seems a bit strange since it's always heavily hinted (sometimes stated) that he killed him. Plus, narratively, it diminishes Chun-Li. If Vega killed her dad, it makes a nice arc for her to face him. If Dorai beat him, her doing the same is just retreading ground. Plus, it seems pretty clear Chun is supposed to be > her dad and Vega is generally portrayed as either = to or > Chun-Li.

    I seriously hope Balrog & Ed have a coach/trainee relationship. Such a great opportunity to develop Balrog into something not totally annoying.

    Is Chun supposed to be greater than her father, though? I mean, I interpreted Seth's spin kick special as being Dorai's version of Lightning Legs, done so fast his kicks cannot be seen by the naked eye. Capcom's been so vague with the details that we really only know he was investigating Shadowloo when he died; not even his name is canon.

    Though I could imagine having Vega kill Dorai instead of Bison. At least the fight would have some tension, rather than Dorai just getting steamrolled by Bison.

    I think Seth's version of the kick is just a different application of the same technique. Either way, I'd say it's probably a given that Chun-Li is supposed to be stronger than Dorai. It'd be a bizarre story-telling fail to have it be otherwise...especially since she's pursuing her fathers killers. Also, regarding Seth, his lightning leg is not objectively better and Chun-Li has objectively stronger applications of the technique via her super versions...so there's that to consider.

    As you said, Vega vs. Dorai is also more tense than Bison just rofltstomping him
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • Chun-Li_ForeverChun-Li_Forever Chun-Li Fan Forever Joined: Posts: 858
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    I'd think Bison personally doing stuff with people like Juri diminishes him. He doesn't seem the type to need to get involved with that sort of thing...it's beneath him. Charlie was the #1 US guy hunting him down and he was outright annoyed that this guy reached him. Bison's got shit to do! Can't be dealing with pests. Bison doing less directly maintains mystique about him for when he finally throws down as well.

    Dorai beating Vega seems a bit strange since it's always heavily hinted (sometimes stated) that he killed him. Plus, narratively, it diminishes Chun-Li. If Vega killed her dad, it makes a nice arc for her to face him. If Dorai beat him, her doing the same is just retreading ground. Plus, it seems pretty clear Chun is supposed to be > her dad and Vega is generally portrayed as either = to or > Chun-Li.

    I seriously hope Balrog & Ed have a coach/trainee relationship. Such a great opportunity to develop Balrog into something not totally annoying.

    Is Chun supposed to be greater than her father, though? I mean, I interpreted Seth's spin kick special as being Dorai's version of Lightning Legs, done so fast his kicks cannot be seen by the naked eye. Capcom's been so vague with the details that we really only know he was investigating Shadowloo when he died; not even his name is canon.

    Though I could imagine having Vega kill Dorai instead of Bison. At least the fight would have some tension, rather than Dorai just getting steamrolled by Bison.

    I agree with you that a fight would be more intense and interesting than Bison just demolishing him. However, Isn't canon that M. Bison is the one who kills Dorai? So maybe vega and dorai have a close fight, but Bison is the one who executes him?
    - ABOUT ME -
    - Chun-Li Fan/Main now and forever.
    - Aspiring Professional Actor & Longtime Street Fighter Fan
    - Street Fighter comic writer
    - Favorite Movie: The Incredibles (and excited for the sequel)
    - Favorite SF game: Street Fighter V | CFN: Chun-Li_Forever
    - Casual SF fan, Hardcore Chun-Li player | Goal: Reach Lvl 100 with Chun-Li | Currently Lvl 78
    - Story, art, characters, music, lore, plot > tournaments, EVO, Cap Cup, and everything competitive in Street fighter

    - CHUN-LI FAN COMICS -

    CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET (In-Progress)
    Chun-Li takes on Shadaloo... alone! Will she survive?
    Cover Page

    Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30,
    31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60,
    61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90,

    *Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

    Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink
    Update: CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET - Page 18 - Chun-Li v. Balrog: Drowning
    *edited Oct, 06, 2017: Page 18 Completed


    EVIL RYU V. CHUN-LI (Completed)
    Chun-Li fights to break Ryu free from the Satsui no Hado
    Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

    *Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

    Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink

    - TOP FAVORITE CHUN-LI STREET FIGHTER 5 COSTUMES -
    1. Vacation
    2. Battle Dress
    3. Default (although, the most iconic)
    4. Swimsuit
    5. School
    6. Undercover
    7. Story
    8. Capcom Pro Tour
    9. Sleepwear
    10. Professional
    11. B-Girl
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    I'd think Bison personally doing stuff with people like Juri diminishes him. He doesn't seem the type to need to get involved with that sort of thing...it's beneath him. Charlie was the #1 US guy hunting him down and he was outright annoyed that this guy reached him. Bison's got shit to do! Can't be dealing with pests. Bison doing less directly maintains mystique about him for when he finally throws down as well.

    Dorai beating Vega seems a bit strange since it's always heavily hinted (sometimes stated) that he killed him. Plus, narratively, it diminishes Chun-Li. If Vega killed her dad, it makes a nice arc for her to face him. If Dorai beat him, her doing the same is just retreading ground. Plus, it seems pretty clear Chun is supposed to be > her dad and Vega is generally portrayed as either = to or > Chun-Li.

    I seriously hope Balrog & Ed have a coach/trainee relationship. Such a great opportunity to develop Balrog into something not totally annoying.

    Is Chun supposed to be greater than her father, though? I mean, I interpreted Seth's spin kick special as being Dorai's version of Lightning Legs, done so fast his kicks cannot be seen by the naked eye. Capcom's been so vague with the details that we really only know he was investigating Shadowloo when he died; not even his name is canon.

    Though I could imagine having Vega kill Dorai instead of Bison. At least the fight would have some tension, rather than Dorai just getting steamrolled by Bison.

    I agree with you that a fight would be more intense and interesting than Bison just demolishing him. However, Isn't canon that M. Bison is the one who kills Dorai? So maybe vega and dorai have a close fight, but Bison is the one who executes him?

    I don't think it's ever been canon that it was Bison. In fact, at this point it doesn't even seem like it's a guarantee that he's dead
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • Chun-Li_ForeverChun-Li_Forever Chun-Li Fan Forever Joined: Posts: 858
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    I'd think Bison personally doing stuff with people like Juri diminishes him. He doesn't seem the type to need to get involved with that sort of thing...it's beneath him. Charlie was the #1 US guy hunting him down and he was outright annoyed that this guy reached him. Bison's got shit to do! Can't be dealing with pests. Bison doing less directly maintains mystique about him for when he finally throws down as well.

    Dorai beating Vega seems a bit strange since it's always heavily hinted (sometimes stated) that he killed him. Plus, narratively, it diminishes Chun-Li. If Vega killed her dad, it makes a nice arc for her to face him. If Dorai beat him, her doing the same is just retreading ground. Plus, it seems pretty clear Chun is supposed to be > her dad and Vega is generally portrayed as either = to or > Chun-Li.

    I seriously hope Balrog & Ed have a coach/trainee relationship. Such a great opportunity to develop Balrog into something not totally annoying.

    Is Chun supposed to be greater than her father, though? I mean, I interpreted Seth's spin kick special as being Dorai's version of Lightning Legs, done so fast his kicks cannot be seen by the naked eye. Capcom's been so vague with the details that we really only know he was investigating Shadowloo when he died; not even his name is canon.

    Though I could imagine having Vega kill Dorai instead of Bison. At least the fight would have some tension, rather than Dorai just getting steamrolled by Bison.

    I agree with you that a fight would be more intense and interesting than Bison just demolishing him. However, Isn't canon that M. Bison is the one who kills Dorai? So maybe vega and dorai have a close fight, but Bison is the one who executes him?

    I don't think it's ever been canon that it was Bison. In fact, at this point it doesn't even seem like it's a guarantee that he's dead

    @YagamiFire :

    The only thing I disagree with you with Bison being the one who kills dorai. I'm pretty confident that it's canon. It's revealed in the SF Alpha 1 ending

    sfachun-7.gif

    So regardless how much of a fight he put up, or regardless who in Shadaloo he fought against, it seems pretty clear that Bison is the one who delivered the killing blow.


    Another thing It's funny, when it comes to video game deaths, I always adhere to the belief that "if there is no body of proof, then death is always suspect."

    You do have a valid point that we don't know 100% fact that Dorai is actually dead. Only "proof" we have just seems to be accepted proof. From the beginning, Chun-Li has always gone after Shadaloo to avenge her father's death. And this has just been her motivation since she started appearing in SF. But despite M. Bison, Vega, and even Chun-Li referring Dorai as being dead, I think it would be more concrete to see the actual scene where Dorai gets killed.

    Now granted, it's Street Fighter, i doubt that Capcom would have the balls to recreate something as significant as this because it's just way too dark and gruesome. But it would be nice to see what actually happens.
    - ABOUT ME -
    - Chun-Li Fan/Main now and forever.
    - Aspiring Professional Actor & Longtime Street Fighter Fan
    - Street Fighter comic writer
    - Favorite Movie: The Incredibles (and excited for the sequel)
    - Favorite SF game: Street Fighter V | CFN: Chun-Li_Forever
    - Casual SF fan, Hardcore Chun-Li player | Goal: Reach Lvl 100 with Chun-Li | Currently Lvl 78
    - Story, art, characters, music, lore, plot > tournaments, EVO, Cap Cup, and everything competitive in Street fighter

    - CHUN-LI FAN COMICS -

    CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET (In-Progress)
    Chun-Li takes on Shadaloo... alone! Will she survive?
    Cover Page

    Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30,
    31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60,
    61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90,

    *Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

    Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink
    Update: CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET - Page 18 - Chun-Li v. Balrog: Drowning
    *edited Oct, 06, 2017: Page 18 Completed


    EVIL RYU V. CHUN-LI (Completed)
    Chun-Li fights to break Ryu free from the Satsui no Hado
    Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

    *Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

    Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink

    - TOP FAVORITE CHUN-LI STREET FIGHTER 5 COSTUMES -
    1. Vacation
    2. Battle Dress
    3. Default (although, the most iconic)
    4. Swimsuit
    5. School
    6. Undercover
    7. Story
    8. Capcom Pro Tour
    9. Sleepwear
    10. Professional
    11. B-Girl
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990
    Is that translation the same as in the Japanese? Not challenging, just genuinely don't remember...

    Also, I suggest we should be brave and just collectively do a post SF4 Shadaloo/Illuminati story-arc. Screw what's in SF5. As if anyone cares anyway lol. Besides, if we want to do something better than Udon/Capcom, might as well start by tackling something they're doing so a valid comparison can be made.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,189
    edited February 2016
    So I'm bouncing around ideas for Balrog
    -His real name is Mike Bison, but he goes by Balrog to avoid being recognized for who he was
    -Dudley beats Balrog in the SIN tournament, leading him to question if he's lost his touch as a boxer
    -Balrog gives Ed his name because he thinks "08" is a stupid name
    -Balrog grew up in poverty somewhere around Alabama/Georgia. His father, a legendary boxer, taught him to box. He originally entered the SF1 tournament to get enough money to pay for his sister's medical bills, but she died since Balrog couldn't come up with the money. Guilt-ridden and down on his luck, he joins Shadowloo.
    -Ed's Psycho Power can react to negative emotions such as pain and fear. Balrog, realizing this, teaches Ed to box as brutally as him.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990
    So I'm bouncing around ideas for Balrog
    -His real name is Mike Bison, but he goes by Balrog to avoid being recognized for who he was
    -Dudley beats Balrog in the SIN tournament, leading him to question if he's lost his touch as a boxer
    -Balrog gives Ed his name because he thinks "08" is a stupid name
    -Balrog grew up in poverty somewhere around Alabama/Georgia. His father, a legendary boxer, taught him to box. He originally entered the SF1 tournament to get enough money to pay for his sister's medical bills, but she died since Balrog couldn't come up with the money. Guilt-ridden and down on his luck, he joins Shadowloo.
    -Ed's Psycho Power can react to negative emotions such as pain and fear. Balrog, realizing this, teaches Ed to box as brutally as him.

    Hmm.

    I don't like the Mike Bison thing. That is SUPER confusing. Now...Michael Balrog? Okay. Him having the same M. Bison set-up as his boss Dictator would just be bizarre.

    I love Balrog losing to Dudley. Makes a lot of sense. I would think Dudley would absolutely dismantle Balrog. For all his strength and speed, Dudley is faster and has WAY more technique. The fight should be a vivisection that really hi-lights just how much of a step Balrog has lost.

    It'd be awesome if Ed is named after Balrog's trainer or dad

    Dunno if I like the pathos for Balrog. It's too...woobie. Some bad guys are just bad guys. Doesn't mean he can't be a bit sympathetic but going too far makes Balrog too "dawwww" for trying his best. "Poor black Alabama child" is also kind of cliche. If his dad was a solid boxer that then ran a gym/training camp, Balrog might have actually grown up pretty comfortably...but in the shadow of his dad while also enjoying the perks of being the "coach's son". Maybe his dad tried to softball opponents to him and Balrog went out and started bare-knuckle boxing to really show what he could do. Balrog's proclivity for brutality could contrast with his dad's lighter more technical style...like if Ali's son was Tyson. The wedge was driven and Balrog basically flipped his family the bird and broke into the sport, enjoying the lavish lifestyle his talents provided him while remembering none of the lessons of sportsmanship and basic morality his dad imparted. Bad business decisions, indulgent managers and breaking the rules eventually leave him as a violent, unemployed fighter that is permanently banned. Refusing to turn back to his family for help (maybe it's even outright offered but that just pisses Balrog off more) he turns to crime as an enforcer...picks up a knack for criminality and then falls in with Shadaloo.

    The Psycho Power tie in makes perfect sense. It also would feed back into his "power over finesse" attitude...showing he hasn't learned much from his loss to Dudley (not learning from mistakes being a running theme for Balrog, after all).
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,189
    I went with Mike Bison because
    -Resembles Mike Tyson, which was Capcom's original intent for the character
    -Supports him being Mike from SF1, which shows us how he was before Shadowloo
    -Better reason for changing to Balrog: He was in trouble with the IRS because of his criminal activity, so he traded names with Dictator as an out.

    I'm a bit biased because I really liked the short film "Balrog: Behind the Glory" (link), and wanted to build off of that. The whole "poor black boy" thing doesn't redeem him. He originally sought out money so he could afford his sister's operation, but the guilt from not being able to save her drives him into being a greedy sociopath. He's apathetic to everyone he hurts, only caring for the accumulation of wealth that will never fill the void in his life.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990
    As long as he's an amoral scumbag. :smile:

    Trading names with Dictator though...while funny in Balrog: Behind the Glory (which I love) is REALLY goofy lol
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,189
    How about "Mike Balrog"? Still similar, but uses his US name.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990
    Probably the best approach :smile:
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,747
    I'm loving what you guys are proposing for 'Rog, and yeah, Behind the Glory was brilliant. I wanted some of that rolled into canon, they way Capcom is know to do with things like the Evil Ryu stuff in the manga. Man, the guy who played Mike's dad was brilliant. I always choked up at the end when he brings up the origin of "I got paid"
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

    Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

    Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

    My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990
    So perhaps maybe we could create a story outline for major events post SF4 to create a story-arc?
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,189
    Sure. Where to start, though? USF4 had 44 characters, so it can be hard to decide who needs to be tracked.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • Chun-Li_ForeverChun-Li_Forever Chun-Li Fan Forever Joined: Posts: 858
    Well, it's just an outline. No need to write the whole story for every character. Like I'm sure we can discard El Fuerte, Hakan, Hugo, Poison, and most of the "jobber" characters.

    But as a suggestion, maybe instead of following characters, follow stories. like for instance, remember that SF Visionary book that had that chart of every character and their relationship to others and to the story? Think of something like that.

    Satsui no Hado

    Anti-Shadaloo

    Shadaloo/SIN

    Illuminati

    Post USFIV World Warrior Tournaments

    etc
    - ABOUT ME -
    - Chun-Li Fan/Main now and forever.
    - Aspiring Professional Actor & Longtime Street Fighter Fan
    - Street Fighter comic writer
    - Favorite Movie: The Incredibles (and excited for the sequel)
    - Favorite SF game: Street Fighter V | CFN: Chun-Li_Forever
    - Casual SF fan, Hardcore Chun-Li player | Goal: Reach Lvl 100 with Chun-Li | Currently Lvl 78
    - Story, art, characters, music, lore, plot > tournaments, EVO, Cap Cup, and everything competitive in Street fighter

    - CHUN-LI FAN COMICS -

    CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET (In-Progress)
    Chun-Li takes on Shadaloo... alone! Will she survive?
    Cover Page

    Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30,
    31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60,
    61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90,

    *Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

    Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink
    Update: CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET - Page 18 - Chun-Li v. Balrog: Drowning
    *edited Oct, 06, 2017: Page 18 Completed


    EVIL RYU V. CHUN-LI (Completed)
    Chun-Li fights to break Ryu free from the Satsui no Hado
    Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

    *Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

    Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink

    - TOP FAVORITE CHUN-LI STREET FIGHTER 5 COSTUMES -
    1. Vacation
    2. Battle Dress
    3. Default (although, the most iconic)
    4. Swimsuit
    5. School
    6. Undercover
    7. Story
    8. Capcom Pro Tour
    9. Sleepwear
    10. Professional
    11. B-Girl
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990
    Yes, if we get a general idea for the direction we want the story/setting to go in a lot of the character roles will fall into place for us
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,991
    edited March 2016
    http://gameideas.wikia.com/wiki/Street_Fighter_Vs_Killer_Instinct

    I read the rule of no crossovers, but this one springboards right into Street Fighter VI.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990
    Magegg wrote: »
    http://gameideas.wikia.com/wiki/Street_Fighter_Vs_Killer_Instinct

    I read the rule of no crossovers, but this one springboards right into Street Fighter VI.

    That makes me want to murder every living thing around me.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,991
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    Magegg wrote: »
    http://gameideas.wikia.com/wiki/Street_Fighter_Vs_Killer_Instinct

    I read the rule of no crossovers, but this one springboards right into Street Fighter VI.

    That makes me want to murder every living thing around me.
    Tormo will cleanse the evil from you.
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,189
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    Magegg wrote: »
    http://gameideas.wikia.com/wiki/Street_Fighter_Vs_Killer_Instinct

    I read the rule of no crossovers, but this one springboards right into Street Fighter VI.

    That makes me want to murder every living thing around me.

    He tends to do that. Seriously, did you have to make a wiki entry for that garbage...
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990
    just5, you cool with me pitching some arc ideas to ya?
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,189
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    just5, you cool with me pitching some arc ideas to ya?

    Go ahead. I need a palate cleanser now.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990
    Okay a basic pitch for major stuff...

    This would be prologue level stuff...

    Akuma seeks out post-Gouken-sealing Ryu. Ryu has actively been training not with Gouken...not with Ken...but with Sakura. Why? Sakura fights for enjoyment. Ryu needs to find Ken's sort of spirit and fight for fun. Sakura is never the kind of opponent Ryu would want to defeat at all costs but simultaneously can be a genuine threat to him that he needs to take seriously. This training has allowed Ryu, much to Akuma's chagrin upon discovery, to totally reject SnH and fully develop a Mu-based chi-harnessing technique...that also has hints of something else. A sort of stillness that touches the world...not void...something more?

    Akuma tests Ryu. Shun Goku Satsu. Ryu defends. Akuma...LAUGHS. Good. The SGS was weak and based on the fears of weak martial artists that thought it was the fiercest thing ever. He's already moved beyond it...and he's creating more and deadlier arts. The next time they meet, now that Ryu has finally become more than just a pup, Akuma intends to kill him. Maybe Akuma shows something off. The clash between Ryu & Akuma, momentary was it was, along with Akuma's surge of killing intent from knowing Ryu is now worthy is felt a world away...by Oro.

    General story direction stuff...

    Ryu and Akuma is off in the horizon. Not happening now. No one really cares anyway. Akuma is off the table. SnH is dealt with. Ryu can actually do some interesting stuff.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.