Anyone else not buying into the SFV hype??

vitalvital Joined: Posts: 323
The game just feels out of the gate way less compelling than SF3 or SF4 ever did.

Feels like the extreme limitation of options really just waters down the game and forces characters to use only the intended tools with little to no room for innovation - especially things like the Crush Counter system and the weird rules about getting them after certain moves.

I don't think it's a bad game but I'm just not enamored with it like so many streamers etc seem to be, I don't get what they love about it
«13456754

Comments

  • Mr. FlowersMr. Flowers Omega Male Joined: Posts: 2,086 mod
    • When they first showed Ryu and Chun-Li I wasn't hyped at all.
    • I became interested whn Laura was revealed.
    • I missed all the betas and really started to get hyped around New Years.
    • Now the game is out I love love love it!
    Don't nerf me!
  • RocketUppercutRocketUppercut "You have no dignity." Joined: Posts: 628
    vital wrote: »
    The game just feels out of the gate way less compelling than SF3 or SF4 ever did.

    Feels like the extreme limitation of options really just waters down the game and forces characters to use only the intended tools with little to no room for innovation - especially things like the Crush Counter system and the weird rules about getting them after certain moves.

    I don't think it's a bad game but I'm just not enamored with it like so many streamers etc seem to be, I don't get what they love about it

    I will say that your gripes are pretty vague, and perhaps if you care to elaborate I could try and understand what your issue is with SFV as of right now. In my opinion, the game is solid as it is, and the reason for my hype isn't for the state the game is currently in, but what's to come in the future. The possibilities are astronomical at this point and there's so much potential to make the characters that I'd like to see make the roster fit perfectly with this new V-system.
    "Rocket Uppercut!! It strikes the heavens in unequaled glory!"
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,870
    vital wrote: »
    Feels like the extreme limitation of options really just waters down the game and forces characters to use only the intended tools with little to no room for innovation - especially things like the Crush Counter system and the weird rules about getting them after certain moves.

    Limitation of options....like SF3 (well, 3rd Strike at least)?
    I don't think it's a bad game but I'm just not enamored with it like so many streamers etc seem to be, I don't get what they love about it

    Because it's a new game, an aggressive and mostly honest game without the bullshit exploits and mechanical overload of SF4.

    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • Mangy_CatMangy_Cat I'm Trans(Siberian Railway) Joined: Posts: 596
    As a casual fan, I only returned to SFIV because it had all the World Warriors in it and the nostalgia of the characters brought me back to it. SF5 has removed many familiar faces which I'm not happy with.
    "Having big tits because you're fat is like having a fast car because it's falling off a cliff." - Showerthoughts
  • StarslicerStarslicer WAKEUPULTRAS4DAYZ Joined: Posts: 530
    I forgot to add a few more things in.

    I'd like to revise myself by saying I don't hate the game (Loathe? Yeah I still do.), because I really still enjoy it and in it's current state, hard earned wins feel a lot more rewarding. However, I feel this "cater to the casual gamer" business is not really enjoyable.

    Sales? Sure, but it feels like this game is super toward casual players and the level of depth to more aspiring expert players is lost.

    It's there, don't get me wrong, but with some characters it's not all it's cracked up to be. And this is where it reminds me of IV. The fact that I may have to struggle with overheads or mixups with players who'll always block/tech and then they'll spam out ex moves that are super safe from punish - means that not only is this bad, but it only takes one hit confirm for them to then spam that out into a super (I'm looking at you, Cammy.)

    The whole SUPERs that make a complete turn around in the match, especially when it's a Nash, Bison or Cammy player who either spams or zones and does one rare hit confirm and then either run the rest of the match can get infuriating when you have to chase them at some point before the timer dies. And it made me begin to think, "Is this what casual matches are all about? Zoning?"

    The game needs a better combo system as well and maybe a faster pace. The pace is really fine, but I think a faster pace would do better to go against stopping certain bad habits that players do in this game.
    3s: EBOOKEY
    IV: Nobody plays that shit.
    V: IBUUUUUUKIIIII - Main2be, Roo - soon2bsubbed.
    Twitch - Starslicer
    Fighter ID: Starslicer - PSN/Togenki - PC
  • vitalvital Joined: Posts: 323
    edited March 2016
    Hype is different for certain people. I can understand not being as excited as others, but sometimes when we look for reasons to dislike something, it's easy to find. This isn't about you specifically, just in general. It might seem limited, but I feel like we've only began to touch the surface of the game.

    Some things take time. When I first played SF4 Vanilla back in the day, I really disliked it. It didn't even feel like a Street Fighter game to me; just a clunky ass game with ugly characters with big ass feet. It was disgusting to look at and play. However, that opinion changed the more I continued to play it. All I can say is you should probably give the game more of a chance before writing it off completely. The game will continue to receive changes throughout its lifespan, which will likely reach a point where you'll begin to enjoy it more.

    I think you are right dude, I will remain patient and keep playing.

    It's a struggle though
    Wasted wrote: »
    vital wrote: »
    Feels like the extreme limitation of options really just waters down the game and forces characters to use only the intended tools with little to no room for innovation - especially things like the Crush Counter system and the weird rules about getting them after certain moves.

    Limitation of options....like SF3 (well, 3rd Strike at least)?
    I don't think it's a bad game but I'm just not enamored with it like so many streamers etc seem to be, I don't get what they love about it

    Because it's a new game, an aggressive and mostly honest game without the bullshit exploits and mechanical overload of SF4.

    3rd Strike had parrying as a universal system which gave you an out if you wanted to let it ride

    I don't really feel like this game is honest at all from the offensive perspective personally, the mixups seem nastier than any in 3S or USF4, stuff like the Nash teleport etc

    double post
    Post edited by Mr. Flowers on
  • LosLos Joined: Posts: 782
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Hate it.

    Loathe it, in fact.

    The current version, in my opinion, is trash and I want heavy revisions all the way around. I may be heavily biased on this, but seeing as I main ryu (At least until Ibuki is "ON THE SCENE!"), I realized that this game really gave him the pits. Other characters also don't have many great options and push them to either have to get in close and take hits to win or just zone.

    The ridiculous part is - is that the ones who need to get in close are the very ones with poor normals and the one who can zone have all the options and can also literally ex spam their moves with split second choices leaving a majority of them safe.

    And I know, a lot of people will say, "Well maybe you just don't play Ryu good." or "Well have you been using his parry function/v-meter properly?" and the truth is = 8 out of 10 Ryu matches i've faced have been in my favor and I can say his parry function is really a love it or hate it situation. It can open doors, but it does not stop character's quick recovery in some instances. You literally have to throw out your combo right after the parry to make it work. The fact that I get teched from a grab right after parrying is laughable as that would never happen in, say, third strike. Maybe it's online play or what, but even following up with combos have ben blocked after the parry function and it kind of make the whole option of using it other than fear tactics more risk than reward.

    Thing I hate about this game is I expected a cut above from IV. I expected a lot more "in your face" gameplay and not people zoning like in IV. And at the very least if it were there, there'd be better options to punish zoners. And that just isn't the real case here when you have some characters who have limited options and while you can get great at them, you can still have that instance where even scrubs can body you because nothing you can do works as long as they block/tech and have higher priority over everything you do (which is vastly unsafe compared to everything they do.)

    I kinda just expected if the game, as is, was to come out like this, it'd give better equal standards for all the characters, but instead it just seems like the whole gameplay revolves around how good the character is, instead of player skill. And don't get me wrong - Almost every SF game has that standard of "how good the character is" to it with tiers, but 3s really did even the odds in player skill that IV and V just still aren't getting the grapple on yet.

    None the less, while I really hate it, I'm still enjoying it since it's street fighter and it's still version 1. So I hope it really gets better in time and these next couple of updates address some of these balance issues as well as give us more updates swifter than giving one character per month for a game we already paid 60 dollars for.

    And furthermore, if the rumors are true, getting 100k fight money to buy a character (as opposed to buying DLC.) is again - ridiculous for a game we already paid 60 dollars for. Do stuff like that for character costumes or something instead of that survival mode crap (You could use the end prize for that for something better.), but not things like this.

    I don't expect a lot of folks to agree with my view or the whole rant, but there's my two cents.

    who's the character with higher priority on everything he does?
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,161 mod
    Saying Ryu is top tier in the US pretty much makes you a laughing stock so it's good to see a differing opinion somewhere else.

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,413 mod
    I more shocked about complaints about hitconfirm into super. I mean, that was by bread and butter in 3S when she had meter, other than that, I'd just press back+fierce and watch damage magically happen.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

    If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • FGC_OniFGC_Oni Joined: Posts: 80
    vital wrote: »
    The game just feels out of the gate way less compelling than SF3 or SF4 ever did.

    Feels like the extreme limitation of options really just waters down the game and forces characters to use only the intended tools with little to no room for innovation - especially things like the Crush Counter system and the weird rules about getting them after certain moves.

    I don't think it's a bad game but I'm just not enamored with it like so many streamers etc seem to be, I don't get what they love about it

    You're so cool man I wish I was like you.

  • javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,194
    d3v wrote: »
    Complaining about hit confirms into supers? What do these guys then think about 3S where all Chun needs to do is cr.mk, eat a sandwich, then confirm SA2 into 40-80% damage.

    Man, don't give these people free ammo for hating 3S. Life in these forums is already hard enough.
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,412
    d3v wrote: »
    It's pretty telling that different regions can't agree on who's top tier (except for Chun), with the US saying that Nash is top tier, but Japan saying no (and Daigo, Mago and Fuudo basically saying that Ryu is top).

    Nationalism much?
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • DRCsyntaxDRCsyntax The Ugly Joined: Posts: 1,032
    3s is my all time favorite, with Sean as my all time favorite character. (Who didn't see JR perfect me? xD)

    HOWEVER; keeping with the times, you have to move forward and adjust; kinda like COD; when a new one comes out; all the players migrate, so you can either adapt or get left behind. For actual hype; I'm actually loving the return of Nash and was talking about it excitedly before he was actually revealed.
    http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html
    Please read this and understand why it is, that you suck.
  • MesenkomahaMesenkomaha Joined: Posts: 579
    the one thing that kind of pisses me off about this game is backroll and i feel like this mechanic will turn sfv into another defensive snorefest just like ultra was.

    people want rushdown.

    Hate backroll. Hate backdash throw immunity.
  • xStingyxStingy Joined: Posts: 302
    edited March 2016
    I love the game. I just think the damage of certain characters or maybe even universally needs to be retuned. I find characters like Bison, Nash, Chun Li etc, with a multitude of specials that leave them + highly irritating. I guess that's just something I have to deal with though.
  • StarslicerStarslicer WAKEUPULTRAS4DAYZ Joined: Posts: 530
    edited March 2016
    Los wrote: »
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Hate it.

    Loathe it, in fact.

    The current version, in my opinion, is trash and I want heavy revisions all the way around. I may be heavily biased on this, but seeing as I main ryu (At least until Ibuki is "ON THE SCENE!"), I realized that this game really gave him the pits. Other characters also don't have many great options and push them to either have to get in close and take hits to win or just zone.

    The ridiculous part is - is that the ones who need to get in close are the very ones with poor normals and the one who can zone have all the options and can also literally ex spam their moves with split second choices leaving a majority of them safe.

    And I know, a lot of people will say, "Well maybe you just don't play Ryu good." or "Well have you been using his parry function/v-meter properly?" and the truth is = 8 out of 10 Ryu matches i've faced have been in my favor and I can say his parry function is really a love it or hate it situation. It can open doors, but it does not stop character's quick recovery in some instances. You literally have to throw out your combo right after the parry to make it work. The fact that I get teched from a grab right after parrying is laughable as that would never happen in, say, third strike. Maybe it's online play or what, but even following up with combos have ben blocked after the parry function and it kind of make the whole option of using it other than fear tactics more risk than reward.

    Thing I hate about this game is I expected a cut above from IV. I expected a lot more "in your face" gameplay and not people zoning like in IV. And at the very least if it were there, there'd be better options to punish zoners. And that just isn't the real case here when you have some characters who have limited options and while you can get great at them, you can still have that instance where even scrubs can body you because nothing you can do works as long as they block/tech and have higher priority over everything you do (which is vastly unsafe compared to everything they do.)

    I kinda just expected if the game, as is, was to come out like this, it'd give better equal standards for all the characters, but instead it just seems like the whole gameplay revolves around how good the character is, instead of player skill. And don't get me wrong - Almost every SF game has that standard of "how good the character is" to it with tiers, but 3s really did even the odds in player skill that IV and V just still aren't getting the grapple on yet.

    None the less, while I really hate it, I'm still enjoying it since it's street fighter and it's still version 1. So I hope it really gets better in time and these next couple of updates address some of these balance issues as well as give us more updates swifter than giving one character per month for a game we already paid 60 dollars for.

    And furthermore, if the rumors are true, getting 100k fight money to buy a character (as opposed to buying DLC.) is again - ridiculous for a game we already paid 60 dollars for. Do stuff like that for character costumes or something instead of that survival mode crap (You could use the end prize for that for something better.), but not things like this.

    I don't expect a lot of folks to agree with my view or the whole rant, but there's my two cents.

    who's the character with higher priority on everything he does?

    Bison, Chun, Nash, Cammy, Nacalli.

    Better priority with safe blockstuns (Nash being the least safe.) and are the most risky to capitalize on punishment without meeting fierce ex spam or a normal into wombo combos.

    Given this is from Ryu's standpoint. Ryu rules the air with Bison and has effective tools to get around them all, but when you look at the risk for the gambles you take to win, it's literally a uphill battle for Ryu whereas it's a few blocks away for them.

    It's a raw end of the deal.

    Another thing that's getting annoying is when the server doesn't access points but when i lose, it does the shit and then later my shit is gone. Yet I never get the points from those wins.

    I'm really strongly becoming over this game.
    d3v wrote: »
    I more shocked about complaints about hitconfirm into super. I mean, that was by bread and butter in 3S when she had meter, other than that, I'd just press back+fierce and watch damage magically happen.

    Hit confirms could be parried, easily whiffed and/or weren't the only option in third strike.

    In V, this is a staple performance in the game and all you need is one tap into it for almost all the damn characters to be able to do it.

    If there's anything that could be worse in 3s to V on this standpoint is that even if blocked, a lot of people did the supers to chip you to death. While in V that's rarely done since you gotta be on your last sliver of HP to get chipped by a super.

    My thing is, when people have legitimate issues with the game and it's an open topic asking people how they feel, I feel like everyone's view should be valid and not heckled.

    Like I know a vast majority of people here love the game and that's fair, but as soon as people state why they don't like it, people come running in on some "LOL U HAET DA GAEM CUZ OV DAT?" like yeah i know almost all sf games get heavy revisions before final product (Hell 3s is THIRD STRIKE for a reason.), but it's like this shit shouldn't be the standard anymore.

    I get fighting games will need revisions and rebalances when they come out here and there, but goddamn this game went through like 3 betas, came out with a 60 dollar price tag and not only are we complaining about mechanic issues, we're seeing shit from netplay not showing correct stuff on fight points in player options to player options not even being fully accessable yet. Then there's no STORY MODE till what - June? Not even a challenges mode to legitimately learn some of the characters' setup combos. (So if you aren't youtubing it, you're basically waiting to even get decent if you aren't in training mode figuring it out yourself.)

    Like even the first STREET FIGHTER IV had an arcade mode with some meaning of a story going on and a rival match. This game has none of that.

    I get we all gon disagree, but lets not act like this is a golden egg just because Crapcom pooped it out.

    The game needs work and if no one says it, they'll let it fly.
    Post edited by Mr. Flowers on
    3s: EBOOKEY
    IV: Nobody plays that shit.
    V: IBUUUUUUKIIIII - Main2be, Roo - soon2bsubbed.
    Twitch - Starslicer
    Fighter ID: Starslicer - PSN/Togenki - PC
  • KwyjiboKwyjibo Joined: Posts: 476
    Starslicer wrote: »
    My thing is, when people have legitimate issues with the game and it's an open topic asking people how they feel, I feel like everyone's view should be valid and not heckled.

    No safe spaces here. You're on the internet.
  • StarslicerStarslicer WAKEUPULTRAS4DAYZ Joined: Posts: 530
    Kwyjibo wrote: »
    Starslicer wrote: »
    My thing is, when people have legitimate issues with the game and it's an open topic asking people how they feel, I feel like everyone's view should be valid and not heckled.

    No safe spaces here. You're on the internet.

    True.
    3s: EBOOKEY
    IV: Nobody plays that shit.
    V: IBUUUUUUKIIIII - Main2be, Roo - soon2bsubbed.
    Twitch - Starslicer
    Fighter ID: Starslicer - PSN/Togenki - PC
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,161 mod
    Just have your damn opinion and stop worrying what people think already. You are on the internet, make your opinion.

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • StarslicerStarslicer WAKEUPULTRAS4DAYZ Joined: Posts: 530
    Just have your damn opinion and stop worrying what people think already. You are on the internet, make your opinion.

    Yes, because sharing opinions means you don't care about what anyone else thinks.

    If we go by that logic, why are we on a forum congregating with each other in the first place?
    3s: EBOOKEY
    IV: Nobody plays that shit.
    V: IBUUUUUUKIIIII - Main2be, Roo - soon2bsubbed.
    Twitch - Starslicer
    Fighter ID: Starslicer - PSN/Togenki - PC
  • fasmfasm super duper Joined: Posts: 26
    edited March 2016
    Even when I win, it doesn't feel like it was any sort of accomplishment. It is quite boring. I like 3S. I like 4. 5 is just a bastardization of what people wanted. Don't let the red hair fool you guys.
    Hopefully they fix the hitboxes and move priorities with the addition of Alex. I want to like this, but if things don't change I might have to take it back to the orphanage. I've seen the flames in his eyes. Something's not right I tell ya.
    Post edited by fasm on
  • LosLos Joined: Posts: 782
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Los wrote: »
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Hate it.

    Loathe it, in fact.

    The current version, in my opinion, is trash and I want heavy revisions all the way around. I may be heavily biased on this, but seeing as I main ryu (At least until Ibuki is "ON THE SCENE!"), I realized that this game really gave him the pits. Other characters also don't have many great options and push them to either have to get in close and take hits to win or just zone.

    The ridiculous part is - is that the ones who need to get in close are the very ones with poor normals and the one who can zone have all the options and can also literally ex spam their moves with split second choices leaving a majority of them safe.

    And I know, a lot of people will say, "Well maybe you just don't play Ryu good." or "Well have you been using his parry function/v-meter properly?" and the truth is = 8 out of 10 Ryu matches i've faced have been in my favor and I can say his parry function is really a love it or hate it situation. It can open doors, but it does not stop character's quick recovery in some instances. You literally have to throw out your combo right after the parry to make it work. The fact that I get teched from a grab right after parrying is laughable as that would never happen in, say, third strike. Maybe it's online play or what, but even following up with combos have ben blocked after the parry function and it kind of make the whole option of using it other than fear tactics more risk than reward.

    Thing I hate about this game is I expected a cut above from IV. I expected a lot more "in your face" gameplay and not people zoning like in IV. And at the very least if it were there, there'd be better options to punish zoners. And that just isn't the real case here when you have some characters who have limited options and while you can get great at them, you can still have that instance where even scrubs can body you because nothing you can do works as long as they block/tech and have higher priority over everything you do (which is vastly unsafe compared to everything they do.)

    I kinda just expected if the game, as is, was to come out like this, it'd give better equal standards for all the characters, but instead it just seems like the whole gameplay revolves around how good the character is, instead of player skill. And don't get me wrong - Almost every SF game has that standard of "how good the character is" to it with tiers, but 3s really did even the odds in player skill that IV and V just still aren't getting the grapple on yet.

    None the less, while I really hate it, I'm still enjoying it since it's street fighter and it's still version 1. So I hope it really gets better in time and these next couple of updates address some of these balance issues as well as give us more updates swifter than giving one character per month for a game we already paid 60 dollars for.

    And furthermore, if the rumors are true, getting 100k fight money to buy a character (as opposed to buying DLC.) is again - ridiculous for a game we already paid 60 dollars for. Do stuff like that for character costumes or something instead of that survival mode crap (You could use the end prize for that for something better.), but not things like this.

    I don't expect a lot of folks to agree with my view or the whole rant, but there's my two cents.

    who's the character with higher priority on everything he does?

    Bison, Chun, Nash, Cammy, Nacalli.

    Better priority with safe blockstuns (Nash being the least safe.) and are the most risky to capitalize on punishment without meeting fierce ex spam or a normal into wombo combos.

    Given this is from Ryu's standpoint. Ryu rules the air with Bison and has effective tools to get around them all, but when you look at the risk for the gambles you take to win, it's literally a uphill battle for Ryu whereas it's a few blocks away for them.

    It's a raw end of the deal.

    Another thing that's getting annoying is when the server doesn't access points but when i lose, it does the shit and then later my shit is gone. Yet I never get the points from those wins.

    I'm really strongly becoming over this game.

    So, with "better priority" you mean longer frame trap strings (which is not really true with nash).
    I think you are trying too hard to play your version of street fighter, while not giving street fighter v a chance.
    If you read the frame data you'll notice that everyone has frame traps and ways to stay in the opponent's face. From the frame data you'll also see that all special moves that can be "spammed" are actually minus on block.
    You should try to play one of those five characters you mentioned and you'll see that you can't win that much if you just roll your face over buttons.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,161 mod
    edited March 2016
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Just have your damn opinion and stop worrying what people think already. You are on the internet, make your opinion.

    Yes, because sharing opinions means you don't care about what anyone else thinks.

    If we go by that logic, why are we on a forum congregating with each other in the first place?

    What I'm saying is worrying about what people think is STOPPING you from making your opinion and making you HESITANT. That's an internet nono. Say what you got to say despite what people think, not in hesitation to what people think.

    We are on a forum because we are free to state what we believe despite other people eventually stating that we are very very wrong. Don't bitch out just because people say you are very very wrong. That defeats the purpose of having an opinion. "I should only have an opinion when people are somewhat agreeable with it". Fuck dat, have the damn opinion.



    That's why trolls always win. They don't give a fuck. They only care that you hear what they are saying. People who have opinions that aren't trolling bitch out because they aren't getting enough agrees.

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • StarslicerStarslicer WAKEUPULTRAS4DAYZ Joined: Posts: 530
    edited March 2016
    Los wrote: »
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Los wrote: »
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Hate it.

    Loathe it, in fact.

    The current version, in my opinion, is trash and I want heavy revisions all the way around. I may be heavily biased on this, but seeing as I main ryu (At least until Ibuki is "ON THE SCENE!"), I realized that this game really gave him the pits. Other characters also don't have many great options and push them to either have to get in close and take hits to win or just zone.

    The ridiculous part is - is that the ones who need to get in close are the very ones with poor normals and the one who can zone have all the options and can also literally ex spam their moves with split second choices leaving a majority of them safe.

    And I know, a lot of people will say, "Well maybe you just don't play Ryu good." or "Well have you been using his parry function/v-meter properly?" and the truth is = 8 out of 10 Ryu matches i've faced have been in my favor and I can say his parry function is really a love it or hate it situation. It can open doors, but it does not stop character's quick recovery in some instances. You literally have to throw out your combo right after the parry to make it work. The fact that I get teched from a grab right after parrying is laughable as that would never happen in, say, third strike. Maybe it's online play or what, but even following up with combos have ben blocked after the parry function and it kind of make the whole option of using it other than fear tactics more risk than reward.

    Thing I hate about this game is I expected a cut above from IV. I expected a lot more "in your face" gameplay and not people zoning like in IV. And at the very least if it were there, there'd be better options to punish zoners. And that just isn't the real case here when you have some characters who have limited options and while you can get great at them, you can still have that instance where even scrubs can body you because nothing you can do works as long as they block/tech and have higher priority over everything you do (which is vastly unsafe compared to everything they do.)

    I kinda just expected if the game, as is, was to come out like this, it'd give better equal standards for all the characters, but instead it just seems like the whole gameplay revolves around how good the character is, instead of player skill. And don't get me wrong - Almost every SF game has that standard of "how good the character is" to it with tiers, but 3s really did even the odds in player skill that IV and V just still aren't getting the grapple on yet.

    None the less, while I really hate it, I'm still enjoying it since it's street fighter and it's still version 1. So I hope it really gets better in time and these next couple of updates address some of these balance issues as well as give us more updates swifter than giving one character per month for a game we already paid 60 dollars for.

    And furthermore, if the rumors are true, getting 100k fight money to buy a character (as opposed to buying DLC.) is again - ridiculous for a game we already paid 60 dollars for. Do stuff like that for character costumes or something instead of that survival mode crap (You could use the end prize for that for something better.), but not things like this.

    I don't expect a lot of folks to agree with my view or the whole rant, but there's my two cents.

    who's the character with higher priority on everything he does?

    Bison, Chun, Nash, Cammy, Nacalli.

    Better priority with safe blockstuns (Nash being the least safe.) and are the most risky to capitalize on punishment without meeting fierce ex spam or a normal into wombo combos.

    Given this is from Ryu's standpoint. Ryu rules the air with Bison and has effective tools to get around them all, but when you look at the risk for the gambles you take to win, it's literally a uphill battle for Ryu whereas it's a few blocks away for them.

    It's a raw end of the deal.

    Another thing that's getting annoying is when the server doesn't access points but when i lose, it does the shit and then later my shit is gone. Yet I never get the points from those wins.

    I'm really strongly becoming over this game.

    So, with "better priority" you mean longer frame trap strings (which is not really true with nash).
    I think you are trying too hard to play your version of street fighter, while not giving street fighter v a chance.
    If you read the frame data you'll notice that everyone has frame traps and ways to stay in the opponent's face. From the frame data you'll also see that all special moves that can be "spammed" are actually minus on block.
    You should try to play one of those five characters you mentioned and you'll see that you can't win that much if you just roll your face over buttons.

    Show me a video of you playing ryu facing each of the characters i mentioned and lets see the punishes you can do to half their block strings. You say "yes, everyone can be punished." go figure and ofcourse spamming can be punished. However, I clearly said its more risk than reward for ryu. So playing with other characters means the purpose is defeated. However, you can say if you play those OTHER characters against other characters mentioned then you'll have something going here.

    Either way, this still doesn't take away the fact that "everyone has frame traps" =/= "Some have less than others." or "Some are clearly safer than others."

    So again, you typed this out for nothing.
    3s: EBOOKEY
    IV: Nobody plays that shit.
    V: IBUUUUUUKIIIII - Main2be, Roo - soon2bsubbed.
    Twitch - Starslicer
    Fighter ID: Starslicer - PSN/Togenki - PC
  • sdstigsdstig Joined: Posts: 17
    fasm wrote: »
    Even when I win, it doesn't feel like it was any sort of accomplishment. It is quite boring. I like 3S. I like 4.

    These are my exact thoughts. Even close games, that should be super hype to play and watch, feel so unfulfilling to me; win or lose. Am I outplaying my opponent when I beat them? Sometimes, yes. Especially considering I'm the one usually dropping combos. But I still don't feel any sort of satisfaction out of it. I still can't explain why though.

    I too like 3S, 4, and in addition: SF2, but SFV just isn't doing it for me. At least not yet, but I hope it does eventually or else I'm just going to be left behind.
    Jack of all trades, competent at none.

    SFV: Bison, Cammy, Alex
    SF4: Chun, Sakura, Ryu
    MKX: Cassie, Scorpion, Sektor
    Smash 4: Corrin, Captain Falcon, Lucina
    Xrd: Sol, Potemkin (don't even own the game though)

    Also like to play old games. I suck at them.
  • StarslicerStarslicer WAKEUPULTRAS4DAYZ Joined: Posts: 530
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Just have your damn opinion and stop worrying what people think already. You are on the internet, make your opinion.

    Yes, because sharing opinions means you don't care about what anyone else thinks.

    If we go by that logic, why are we on a forum congregating with each other in the first place?

    What I'm saying is worrying about what people think is STOPPING you from making your opinion and making you HESITANT. That's an internet nono. Say what you got to say despite what people think, not in hesitation to what people think.

    We are on a forum because we are free to state what we believe despite other people eventually stating that we are very very wrong. Don't bitch out just because people say you are very very wrong. That defeats the purpose of having an opinion. "I should only have an opinion when people are somewhat agreeable with it". Fuck dat, have the damn opinion.



    That's why trolls always win. They don't give a fuck. They only care that you hear what they are saying. People who have opinions that aren't trolling bitch out because they aren't getting enough agrees.

    I understand what you're getting at, but you see i clearly stated my opinion, so I'm not worried about stuff like that.

    However, me saying "Wow, people express their dislike for the game and everyone starts raging/getting ronnery" is clearly seen in here by everyone and I'm just stating how stupid that seems.

    We should all be able to express how we feel without folks getting butthurt about it.

    How that equates to stopping me from expressing my opinion that's already been expressed doesn't make sense. So yeah, I feel you, but that ain't happenin here.
    3s: EBOOKEY
    IV: Nobody plays that shit.
    V: IBUUUUUUKIIIII - Main2be, Roo - soon2bsubbed.
    Twitch - Starslicer
    Fighter ID: Starslicer - PSN/Togenki - PC
  • vitalvital Joined: Posts: 323
    When I say "limited options" I mean defensive because a huge part of the cast has no reversal and with the gray health system the way it is, oki meatie is correct 95% of the time. In 3S if I felt like I had a hard read on my opponent doing this then I could parry, or in SF4 I could focus to backdash.

    In this game I just block which is of course the right option, and go into V Reversal if I happen to have meter, which so far we haven't seen baited and generally is a hugely high reward/low risk meter usage.

    My beef with the post reversal Crush Counter system is that it seems really inconsistent for all moves with some sort of invincible reversal properties to not give you this Crush Counter - why shouldn't an invincible wakeup super get CCd after block?

    Limited defensive options are coupled with some insane autopilot mixups never before seen in a Street Fighter game eg Nash teleport, Bison V Trigger, really all kinds of characters to the point that it isn't worth listing.

    Really it's just that I haven't found a character that fits me well. I realize this is a lot of complaints but there are a lot of things I really enjoy about the game as well so I'm trying to like it. Right now playing Nash all the time, looking forward to trying Alex
  • vitalvital Joined: Posts: 323
    And to comment on the issue of not feeling fulfilled with winning, I get a lot of that because sooo many rounds are won w/ Nash V Trigger gimmicks which seem to not fit with anything else about the character.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,161 mod
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Just have your damn opinion and stop worrying what people think already. You are on the internet, make your opinion.

    Yes, because sharing opinions means you don't care about what anyone else thinks.

    If we go by that logic, why are we on a forum congregating with each other in the first place?

    What I'm saying is worrying about what people think is STOPPING you from making your opinion and making you HESITANT. That's an internet nono. Say what you got to say despite what people think, not in hesitation to what people think.

    We are on a forum because we are free to state what we believe despite other people eventually stating that we are very very wrong. Don't bitch out just because people say you are very very wrong. That defeats the purpose of having an opinion. "I should only have an opinion when people are somewhat agreeable with it". Fuck dat, have the damn opinion.



    That's why trolls always win. They don't give a fuck. They only care that you hear what they are saying. People who have opinions that aren't trolling bitch out because they aren't getting enough agrees.

    I understand what you're getting at, but you see i clearly stated my opinion, so I'm not worried about stuff like that.

    However, me saying "Wow, people express their dislike for the game and everyone starts raging/getting ronnery" is clearly seen in here by everyone and I'm just stating how stupid that seems.

    We should all be able to express how we feel without folks getting butthurt about it.

    How that equates to stopping me from expressing my opinion that's already been expressed doesn't make sense. So yeah, I feel you, but that ain't happenin here.

    That's cool I just want to make sure you're not worried about expressing anything simply because people are saying something else. Carry on.

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


«13456754
Sign In or Register to comment.