Anyone else not buying into the SFV hype??

1373839404143»

Comments

• Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,294
    People that likes SFV will appear... when SFVI comes out. And the hate cycle continues.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,493
    People that likes SFV will appear... when SFVI comes out. And the hate cycle continues.

This the story since SF2.
    SF2 players shit about SF3
    SF3 player, about 4
    SF4 player over V
    Alpha players over Alpha 3
    Same with KoF98 players, most of them don't like 02.
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose, Decapre, Juni, Juli
    King of Fighters: Leona, Athena, Whip (Rugal as DLC!!!)
    Tekken: Jun,Yoshimitsu
    Overwatch: Reinhardt, D.Va, Zarya, Winston, Soldier 76, Reaper, Zenyatta, Mercy

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • VhoziteVhozite The King of Hearts Joined: Posts: 1,974
    I wonder if anyone will stick around and play SFV when 6 rolls around. I don't see it happening but I'm sure the same has been said for every previous game.
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,002
    Vhozon wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone will stick around and play SFV when 6 rolls around. I don't see it happening but I'm sure the same has been said for every previous game.

There are always people who feel too invested in a game to change.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 51,511 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 7
    Apparently Japanese arcades for SFIV are dead and they'll be super dead once the arcade release for V hits. They're already doing loketests for KOF XIV arcade which was joint announced in a magazine with the to be released modified pc arcade for SFV.

Same will happen with SFV. Once SF6 hits there won't be any reason to have a renaissance with the game. The new game is where the new CPT will be and will be what your friends are playing

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

• HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,530
    Actually, like every other game over there, some games are more played on specific arcades than others.
    SFIV is not as big (though it never wasn't that dominant) as it was before but there are still arcades where is still the place to go to get your high level play fix.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • XhominidXhominid Knight of Dizzy Joined: Posts: 422
    Finding people online shouldn't be a problem since discord exists. Even in niche games like UNIEL and Nitroplus Blasterz I can find people near me to play because of discord groups.

SFV's netcode isn't better than Skullgirls or Killer Instinct, and a lot of people complain about lag or disconnects. Even games with delay based netcode like Guilty Gear seems to have better online than SFV sometimes.

SFV may have the biggest competitive scene, but other games also have some tournaments here and there. And a lot of people were claiming that this game is boring to watch, so...

I know that, in the FGC, a lot of times you will end playing games that you don't like very much, but that's just stupid IMO. This train of thought that "I'm playing SF because it's SF" only hurts a lot of decent games that usually don't get the spotlight despite being amazing fighters.

Don't get me wrong, I do like this game, and wish that it can become better in the future. But if you really don't like it, please, leave. There's a lot of games out there than can use one or more players. I left SF4 and UMvC3 few years ago when they were the most popular games and started to play SkullGilrs that was never a very popular fighter. And I must say, that was the best thing I could have done.

Telling people to actually go play other games if they don't like playing a certain game? What type of witchcraft is this?
    I honestly don't plan on buying SF5 unless it's for REAL cheap(I mean bargain bin) simply because of the nonsense Capcom has done that after pretty much being handed the keys to the kingdom, they blew up the fucking Kingdom instead.
    And I have honestly left games in which I was either massively uncomfortable with(I didn't play MvC3 after they announced UMvC3 and never bought the game after that, not to mention the high level gameplay ultimately soured the game for me something fierce especially after TvC which I was sad that I never gotten a Wii until after the online is gone and the game is basically hard to get.) or just plain despise the tactics or all of the above(how I feel about SF5 through it's release trailer till now).

I do watch it if something interests me(Kolin's trailer was the most recent one) but I basically avoid the game like a plague.
    I honestly have fun playing KOFXIV, DOA5LR and when Blazblue CF get it's shit together with an English dub or goes for a lower price, I'll get that and Revelator 2 patch. There was so much wrong and I knew it would be the second that the game was going to be released in 2016 when they said it would take 2018 and Beta 2 still had some obvious issues and graphics that needed tweaking.

If people want to love the game, good for you. I honestly see it as a reason why E-Sports shouldn't never be held by a single game. The Super Bowl may be the most popular event for all of sports but last time I checked if Football disappeared off the face of the planet, Soccer, Hockey, Basketball and the others suddenly won't vanish from existence nor would their fanbases tank. Meanwhile I've heard so much about how SF fails, the Dark Age will appear again...despite how there is way more variety now than before and more games are doing their best for more exposure through easing casuals into their games.
  • AlkipotAlkipot Purse first, ass last Joined: Posts: 1,660
    JoeyTones wrote: »
    Like with any game, the people who like the game just say less than the people who don't like it. You never say a bunch of stuff when you like something and people hate when you talk about what you like too much any way.
    Exactly.

Do you think this guy goes on message boards to let people know how much he likes SFV? Or gives a shit about netcodes and the pro scene and the this and the that? It's possible, but I doubt it. He most likely plays the game because he finds it fun, plain and simple. (vid is great btw lol).

A good friend of mine who barely plays any video games showed me this video. You're exactly right about guys like this not going to message boards but still loving the game.
    SFV ID - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, Birdie)
    Watch my terrible SFV/UFC2 play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
  • GeneralkillsGeneralkills Joined: Posts: 74
    Laura is so fcking dumb cotdamm
    "bububu she's only mid tier"

• vitalvital Joined: Posts: 320
    Checking in after long since having quit this game

It's pretty comical that the S2 balance solution is "remove all meterless reversals" - is this even Street Fighter at that point?

Some of the locals I attend in NYC have already gone back to playing SF4 and many of us have moved on to playing Xrd and getting bopped in anime. That game really isn't my speed but at least it feels well developed so I can enjoy playing it.

Finally kicked the habit and stopped giving Capcom money before S2 so I won't be trying any of those characters which is a shame because I've loved every SF title to this point and had always considered it my main fighting game.

Pretty happy with KOF14 gameplay but bummed at the atrocious online experience.

Here's hoping Tekken 7 gets it right :)
  • Selfmadeking89Selfmadeking89 Joined: Posts: 136
    Imo the problem began with the dumbdown logic ,but imo a game cant be to hard if it fun to play on low level.
    If this is the skillgap for sf5 | _ _ _ _ _ _ _|
    And this could be the skillgap for sf5 |_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ |
    So if the game is same fun on low skill level you dont care if you are a player with this skill |_ _ _|
    But if you are a player with this skill |_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ | you maybe care because you feel the game limits you or is limit itself .
    I think sf5 should try to make the skillgap bigger without hurting the lower skill play ,maybe with new mechanic or more technical characters like urien.
  • whippingboywhippingboy Joined: Posts: 4
    I have always played video games casually. I bought this one on a limb to play on my buddies ps4 when it came out. Had been playing MK9. Second I popped this bad boy in never went back to MK9. First SF I played since 2 as a kid. Haha for me this is the greatest game I have ever played.

When I left my buddies place bought my own ps4 just because of the withdrawals.
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,428
    I have always played video games casually. I bought this one on a limb to play on my buddies ps4 when it came out. Had been playing MK9. Second I popped this bad boy in never went back to MK9. First SF I played since 2 as a kid. Haha for me this is the greatest game I have ever played.

When I left my buddies place bought my own ps4 just because of the withdrawals.

A ray of light! That's so nice to hear in all this negativity in this kind of threads :)

SFV is actually the first fighting- or SF game that I've recommended to my casual gamer-friends. I can easily see it becoming the next retro, household-game like Tetris some decades down the line :)
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
    Yeah the pro tip stays.
    Stay what is fun for you and don't shit on games that aren't fun for you.

I don't like SF3 at all and I don't fell the need to run around and bas the game for not beeing my taste.
    But oh well, generation internet.

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • MisterManMisterMan Joined: Posts: 69
    Worst goddamn netcode I've ever seen. I can rarely play people with good connections since the Akuma update. Before that, I had no trouble whatsoever getting quality matches.
    MisterMan wrote: »
    Worst goddamn netcode I've ever seen. I can rarely play people with good connections since the Akuma update. Before that, I had no trouble whatsoever getting quality matches.

I'm still getting good connections after Akuma on PS4

• Selfmadeking89Selfmadeking89 Joined: Posts: 136
    Its not the netcode all the time .Its insane stage lag , i can play the same player fine in training stage but in street stage its under 30fps . In the waterfall stage the difference between left and right side(water effects )are insane on my ps4 .Also my ps3 stick causes fps problems .Capcom must polish the game overall i think.
    edited March 5
    Yeah after watching most of the Japanese only play training stage online I've been doing the same. I love the Temple of Ascension stage, but it's guaranteed lag online like every other time I fight someone on it.

• PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,085 mod
    In all honesty if you went from MK9 to any other fighting game, that game would automatically be da bes too. :rofl:
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    appomo wrote: »

you shit all the time on 4!
    but oh well, generation internet i guess ;)

And 4 players shit all the time on 5.
    I just do it to piss people off, 4 fans are easaly triggerd in any way.
    The only thing more funny, is going into TF2 forums and shouting "OW IS BETTER!"
    Yeah after watching most of the Japanese only play training stage online I've been doing the same. I love the Temple of Ascension stage, but it's guaranteed lag online like every other time I fight someone on it.

Hm, thats interesting, I have to test that.
    Never noticed this, probably because I play on PC

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • MisterManMisterMan Joined: Posts: 69
    edited March 6
    So we've gone back to the SF4 days of picking training stage again? I hate training stage, it's so unhype. Makes me just want to quit if I can't select anything else without fear of lag.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 2,886
    edited March 7
    Cipher wrote: »
    appomo wrote: »

you shit all the time on 4!
    but oh well, generation internet i guess ;)

And 4 players shit all the time on 5.
    I just do it to piss people off, 4 fans are easaly triggerd in any way.
    The only thing more funny, is going into TF2 forums and shouting "OW IS BETTER!"
    sure, sure..nice option select you created for yourself.
    thats why you end up in essay lenght discussions even her on the forum
    with people about why its "bad".

5mdQe_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=mars&i=3musketeers&l=search&f=.gif

• appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 2,886
    edited March 7

so the ps4 has issues to maintain stable frames on some stages?
    do you guys know which ones that are and if the ps4pro has the same issues?

its sad to see that capcom really dont care anymore...i hope for you guys that this attitude isn't
    carried over to the new marvel game.

• Captain RyuCaptain Ryu Scoot Magee Joined: Posts: 1,101
    I've been on the training stage from the beginning and it's been pretty consistent with 5 bar players. I'm pretty sure rollback netcode requires a lot of resources and most likely preforms a lot better when your hardware has less to do. If you tried to play GGPO on an ancient PC it would run terrible even though the games would run fine offline. The fact that PC players with different specs, wireless connections and overall bad hardware optimization by capcom are thrown into the mix doesn't help at all.
    CFN ScootMagee