Ducktales New Series First Art Revealed!!!

Comments

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,733 mod
    edited December 2016
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Darkwing Duck and Ducktales are shared continuity, yes.
    Actually, Darkwing Duck creator Ted Stones has stated otherwise.

http://screenrant.com/darkwing-duck-ducktales-no-shared-universe/

Darkwing Duck is (according to him), and alternate universe to the Ducktales one. Launchpad in the former is not the same Launchpad in the latter.
  • beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,616
    Can't wait for Daffy Duck.
  • mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,688
    Joshkaz wrote: »
    People really hating on Beast Wars? Word?

Thundercats 2011 wasn't bad, but its not like it was good either. It was a decent show that Cartoon network wanted to fail. Like most of the shows they throw on there not named ben 10 or Johnny test.

Should I watch Beast wars.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,366
    mowr wrote: »

Thundercats 2011 wasn't bad, but its not like it was good either. It was a decent show that Cartoon network wanted to fail. Like most of the shows they throw on there not named ben 10 or Johnny test.

No. It's Terrible.

But this is the duck tales thread, post moar ducks.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,500 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    d3v wrote: »

Darkwing Duck is (according to him), and alternate universe to the Ducktales one. Launchpad in the former is not the same Launchpad in the latter.

Maybe the comic version can claim this. But the cartoons were def shared universes.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,772
    Darksakul wrote: »

No. It's Terrible.

Beast Machines was the horrible one
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,733 mod
    maxx wrote: »

Maybe the comic version can claim this. But the cartoons were def shared universes.

Except Tad Stones created the cartoon, not the comic.

In this case, whether we like it or not, what he says counts as "word of god."
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Tad Stones is a really cool person too. Got to talk to him for a bit at a con this year. Got him to sign a darkwing duck comic and ducktales dvd cover.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,604
    Darksakul wrote: »

No. It's Terrible.

Dont listen to this idiot, Beast Wars is great.

Also I think the god above Stones is the one with thereal call, if Disney wants to mix them they will.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    edited December 2016
    maxx wrote: »

Except Tad Stones created the cartoon, not the comic.

In this case, whether we like it or not, what he says counts as "word of god."

that makes no sense how it would be a different universe. they literally had crossover episodes. even gods can be wrong...you ever seen what goes on in dragon ball universe...toriyama literally forgets the stuff he writes lmfao.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    lmfao yall got me rewatching the show now

"mr.mcduck would you like to donate to the retired panhandlers of america" :rofl: :rofl:

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Scrooge McDuck is my favorite disney character

Hell he is my favorite fictional character besides hulk hogan

I am looking forward to this.

Aye laddies
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,746
    dab00g wrote: »
    Scrooge McDuck is my favorite disney character

Hell he is my favorite fictional character besides hulk hogan

I am looking forward to this.

Aye laddies

Greatest fictional characters:

1. Optimus Prime
    2. Scrooge McDuck
    3. Dr. Doom
    4. Darth Vader
    5. Macho Man Randy Savage
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 2
    IDK, not feeling it right now but then again, it might be like that Looney Tunes cartoon a couple of years ago that had Elmer Fudd singing love songs about grilled cheese sandwiches. lol!!
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
    Believe me as a long long longggg time Ducktales fan I'm crying tears of joy right now at that trailer. Alan Young's legacy lives on!
    I like the changes made. Huey Dewy and Lewie have their own individual personalities, Webbigale isn't the stereotypical girl of the group (her doll is pined to the wall with an arrow).
    The new Launch pad reminds me of Joe Swanson from the Family Guy. Scrooge McDuck is still Scrooge McDuck, our favorite 150+ years old adventuring quadrillionare.

Also I have this, it's not exactly related to the new Show but it's Scrooge McDuck in Death Battle!!!

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,604
    New show looks fucking great. I'm hyped.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,746
    Lol Shovel Knight stood no chance. No one ducks with McDuck's money.

New Ducktales looks good.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,140
    New ducktales looks so good
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowsers Minions (3DS)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017)
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

• rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,412
    Loving that aanimation

It looks like those first looney toons episodes that aired on TV on the 30's
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,290
    I honestly don't know what would happen if a baby Jackie Chan was protecting stole a dollar from Scrooge.

New animation is a little disheartening. I miss old school Disney animation, but I'm not gonna hold it against Neo Ducktales........though I have a feeling it's gonna try to be Gravity Falls 2 and not sure how to respond to THAT.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power Up Joined: Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well some of the crew that worked on Gravity Falls is working on Duck Tales. The show has already been green lit for a second season and we're getting season long story arcs.

I'm hype.
    I mean, Gravity Falls was basically modern Ducktales + Mystery. Hell, it even had a badass elderly money grubber with a heart of gold.

I have high hopes regardless, just hoping it will feel more like Ducktales than GF
    This new ducktales gives me a old school comic book style art vibe. I love it.
    Just noticed in the trailer there's a Webby doll with an arrow pinning it to the wall.

I get the feeling the animators did not care for old Webby
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Man duck tales and Samurai jack.. whats next? can we get a proper dungeons and dragons season(s) with a proper finale/end pls???
  • Sexperienced.Sexperienced. kdh Joined: Posts: 5,281
    I preferred the old animation style. Too many cartoons today are animated like the new style.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,140
    I preferred the old animation style. Too many cartoons today are animated like the new style.

What the fuck does this even mean?
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowsers Minions (3DS)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017)
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

edited March 4
    I meant the original late 80's style animation and voices were better than this. Too many cartoons today have this similar minimalistic style which I don't mind on certain cartoons like Samurai Jack but if you're reebooting something at least make it look similar to the original.
    Post edited by Sexperienced. on
    Duck Tales is my favorite cartoon because the animation and story telling

When disney refused more money the creators shelved duck tales because they wanted to keep the quality high

People want cartoons faster and cheaper

Venture brothers has the best and most complex animation when it comes to tv cartoons
    I meant the original late 80's style animation and voices were better than this. Too many cartoons today have this similar minimalistic style which I don't mind on certain cartoons like Samurai Jack but if you're reebooting something at least make it look similar to the original.

Cartoons are notoriously expensive to produce. Even with sending most of the work overseas and cost cutting measures its not enough anymore.
    Minimalist art styles isn't an artistic choice, but a financial one. Being minimalist keeps production quick and cheap.
    Wonder why Disney gave up on traditional hand drawn animation? How everything done via some computer software, even flash?
    Because you only have to draw characters and objects once except when a scene calls for a new sprite to be made.
    The Japanese seem to create well animated cartoons on an almost weekly basis so there really is no excuse. If it's so expensive they should at least ask fans to donate because the demand is there. I'd donate to a Thundercats remake (or movie) that looked and animated like the intro from the original show. Cartoons today should be a lot easier to produce than over 20years ago considering that the entire original Ducktales series was hand drawn.
    edited March 4
    The Japanese seem to create well animated cartoons on an almost weekly basis so there really is no excuse. If it's so expensive they should at least ask fans to donate because the demand is there. I'd donate to a Thundercats remake (or movie) that looked and animated like the intro from the original show. Cartoons today should be a lot easier to produce than over 20years ago considering that the entire original Ducktales series was hand drawn.

Nothing is done by hand anymore. Not here, not in Japan.
    Actually most animation is done at the same sweat shop overseas anyways.
    Even Anime cut corners and Minimalist art styles are often used on minor/background characters

Why animate backgrounds when you can make the whole thing filled with speed lines and blur effects
    kill-la-kill-fight.png

And its kida hard to see here as there are details, it isn't as detailed as past anime
    The entire scene is composed in CG, with filtering for cellshading on rendered background characters, Note how basic and simplistic each background character is drawn.
    The background looked like it came from a PS2 game
    movie.jpg

Further more the New Duck tales is a weekly kids production on a cable network in the US.
    There is not that much proffit made from Kids shows, that with stricter regulations on TV programmings killed Saturday morning cartoons
    You could show me a show that looks like garbage (or worse, high art) and as long as it entertains me it's a good show.

Rule #1 of entertainment: If it's not entertaining, it dies
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,020
    You could show me a show that looks like garbage (or worse, high art) and as long as it entertains me it's a good show.

Rule #1 of entertainment: If it's not entertaining, it dies

Unless your name is Greg Weisman.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,302
    The new show looks great.
    Glad to see that they will also provide focus to my favorite disney character of all time (Donald)
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)