Ducktales New Series First Art Revealed!!!

124»

Comments

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,255
    Tchyea next time.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh He rains salty tears Joined: Posts: 8,402
    edited March 10

It ain't much but meh. Says it's coming in Summer, if that wasn't already known
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • pootnanniespootnannies addicted to bad things Joined: Posts: 3,052
    i'm not liking the voices at all for any character. maybe because i'm so used to the original? the story telling seems different too but i'll give it a shot anyways.
    visit the HD Sprite Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-def-sprite-thread-first-post-updated-1-9.32449/

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,896
    edited March 14
    How long has it been since you watched? The triplets voices in the original are actually annoying as fuck.

I agree, i watched the first few episodes the other day.
    I kinda want to choke the life out of Huey, Dewey, and Louie.
    And don't get me started with the original version of Webbigail.

I don't get how Russi Taylor ever got work as a voice actress or how she got a honored title at Disney as " Disney Legends".
    Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    Most of the adults had reletivly normal voices don't you think? Launchpad wasn't exactly some out of the norm voice.
    Most of the adults had reletivly normal voices don't you think? Launchpad wasn't exactly some out of the norm voice.

But I also don't find Launchpad's voice annoying.
    It was very much a "character" voice.

Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
    Darksakul wrote: »

I'm not saying he's annoying. Every voice in the show is a "Character" voice. No one really sounds like Ms Beakley or Scrooge, they are very exaggerate versions of stereotyped vocal styles.
    Darksakul wrote: »

I'm not saying he's annoying. Every voice in the show is a "Character" voice. No one really sounds like Ms Beakley or Scrooge, they are very exaggerate versions of stereotyped vocal styles.

That true. Alan Young cam off as close to an actual Scot without being truly Sottish and Ms Beakley, Joan Gerber just made sure she sounded like someone's mother.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,383
    The voice work in OG DuckTales was top notch... except for Donald and the triplets... I've never liked that vocal style.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    edited March 14
    Donald was the exception has he was established long ago before Duck Tales or older Scrooge McDuck Cartoons.
    Disney is not allowing Donald to change now, even if the bulk of the Writing and Animation Staff came from Gravity Falls.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Old School Scrooge McDuck

Scrooge's Money Bin is just

Petty Cash?
    Post edited by Darksakul on
    From what I understand the money in the money bin is supposed to be all the money Scrooge earned personally. He has a lot more, but it's money made by his companies and ventures and is held in banks while the money in the bin is stuff he was personally involved in earning.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,449 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    didnt he get rich from his lucky coin? or am i imagining that?
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg There's the truth of time and the truth of legend. Joined: Posts: 3,759
    maxx wrote: »

It depends on the author / show but I've always liked the way Don Rosa depicted it as more of a memento than a lucky charm. He got payed with a foreign coin (almost worthless) for his first job and keeps it as a reminder to never be fooled again when it comes to money.
    In the 1992 comic Of Ducks, Dimes and Destines, Magica De Spell travels back in time to Scrooge's youth in order to steal the dime. As shown in this story, Scrooge earned the dime in 1877 in his hometown of Glasgow, when he started working as a shoeshine boy on his tenth birthday. Before that it belonged to Howard Rockerduck (the father of John D. Rockerduck). The customer who paid it to Scrooge, a ditch-digger called Burt, "cheated" Scrooge, as an American dime would be worthless in Scotland (Seated Liberty dimes were discontinued in 1891). In reality, Scrooge's father, Fergus McDuck, gave Burt the dime specifically for paying Scrooge for his services. Scrooge McDuck never learned that fact, although Fergus did reveal it to Scrooge's sisters Matilda and Hortense. Burt and Magica De Spell, who learned about this during her time travel, are the only other ones who know. Scrooge kept it as a reminder not to be fooled again in the future. When he emigrated to the US three years later, he carried it with him. Scrooge still has the dime and keeps it on a pillow under glass because it is very special to him. Donald Duck, Huey, Dewey, and Louie, and Gladstone Gander among many others think it is really a lucky charm, but Scrooge himself maintains it has only sentimental value.
    (> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,449 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Blindknagg wrote: »
    maxx wrote: »

It depends on the author / show but I've always liked the way Don Rosa depicted it as more of a memento than a lucky charm. He got payed with a foreign coin (almost worthless) for his first job and keeps it as a reminder to never be fooled again when it comes to money.
    In the 1992 comic Of Ducks, Dimes and Destines, Magica De Spell travels back in time to Scrooge's youth in order to steal the dime. As shown in this story, Scrooge earned the dime in 1877 in his hometown of Glasgow, when he started working as a shoeshine boy on his tenth birthday. Before that it belonged to Howard Rockerduck (the father of John D. Rockerduck). The customer who paid it to Scrooge, a ditch-digger called Burt, "cheated" Scrooge, as an American dime would be worthless in Scotland (Seated Liberty dimes were discontinued in 1891). In reality, Scrooge's father, Fergus McDuck, gave Burt the dime specifically for paying Scrooge for his services. Scrooge McDuck never learned that fact, although Fergus did reveal it to Scrooge's sisters Matilda and Hortense. Burt and Magica De Spell, who learned about this during her time travel, are the only other ones who know. Scrooge kept it as a reminder not to be fooled again in the future. When he emigrated to the US three years later, he carried it with him. Scrooge still has the dime and keeps it on a pillow under glass because it is very special to him. Donald Duck, Huey, Dewey, and Louie, and Gladstone Gander among many others think it is really a lucky charm, but Scrooge himself maintains it has only sentimental value.

yeah in the cartoon that was magica's big thing was to get that coin. they didnt imply it was just a momento if i remember correctly
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    edited March 15
    Scrooges lucky dime is kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy, since Scrooge wouldn't have become the duck he is had Burt not "tricked" him.

It's only as valuable as it is because of what McDuck made of it... So it creates this interesting question of whether the dime is actually magic, or is it the duck that was inspired by it the magical/lucky one?

Or maybe Magica is mildly retarded...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    edited March 15
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Scrooges lucky dime is kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy, since Scrooge wouldn't have become the duck he is had Burt not "tricked" him.

It's only as valuable as it is because of what McDuck made of it... So it creates this interesting question of whether the dime is actually magic, or is it the duck that was inspired by it the magical/lucky one?

Or maybe Magica is mildly retarded...

Or we can go into the idea that because of the sentimental value Scrooge put on the Dime, it had it's own kind of "magic".
    Magica wanted to use the Dime because of that, its not that it's actually luckly. It is because that the richest Duck hat ever lived held sentimental value in something that should be low value monetarily.
    That the lucky Dime it represents a turning point in Scrooge's life. And Scrooge tried so hard to keep the dime away from Magica DeSpell not because it's lucky but what he knows she would do with it and how it effects the world.
    Post edited by Darksakul on
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 19,495
    edited March 15
    I think he keeps it based on it being his first earned money

Scrooge the most varied disney main character

Waiting for Dark Wing and Gizmo duck
    dab00g wrote: »
    I think he keeps it based on it being his first earned money
    That's called sentimental value.

Like your favorite Uncle gives you a old, beat-up baseball cap.
    The Hat it self is practically worthless, you can't even give it away.
    The value is in its a gift from a love one and not it's monetary value.
    I think the idea in the show is that the dime was incredibly sentimental for Scrooge, but also was some sort of focal point for all his business deals and makings, which Magica wanted to steal and make use of.

There was an entire episode dedicated to the dime where is was the only thing to his name roughly three times and he was able to recover or pull out ahead each time due to something it contributed. Like he was trying to hide it from some angry railroad workers, and when he went to bury it in some seemingly worthless land he owned, he struck oil.
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Waiting for that video game announcement.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,525
    edited April 19
    Tien Gouki wrote: »
    Waiting for that mobile game announcement.

Fixed
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
    I knew someone would do this.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 19,495
    I did like that re-mix duck tales

Now give me re-mix dark wing, rescue rangers, and goof troop

Goof Troop started my love for dungeon crawler games
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,084
    The art direction and animation look pretty dope. Let's see how the writing holds up...
    I'm making a fighting game! http://www.disturbingtheverse.com/
    The SRK thread, the Discord server.
  • beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,454
    Waiting for that video game announcement.
    Waiting for that mobile game announcement.

Fixed
    Waiting for that Ero game announcement.
    Now it's fixed.
    I'm fairly certain the Ducktales game Remaster was a big part of how this new series came to be. Might as well cross that off the list
    And I think the Disney Afternoon Collection means something huge is coming too.
    And I think the Disney Afternoon Collection means something huge is coming too.

Yeah, Capcpom trying to squeeze as much money as they can before Disney snatches those licenses back.
    Po did you get cancer from the DBZ thread or something?

Oh no, him in the DBZ thread is tame. It's the Pokemon thread where he contracts and refines his bile
124»