The American Government Thread: Closed for 5 days and the World went crazy.

Comments

• pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,788
    edited March 10
    Pertho wrote: »
    Comparing health insurance health insurance to car insurance is ridiculous. Only way that bullshit works out is mechanics charged 150 dollars to look at your car, 275 for an oil change and had to prescribe you windshield whippers and the only way to make that affordable was buying into some bullshit that comes out to spending money on a fucking discount card.

Please don't use that moronic analogy in this thread. The stupidity of it is near ban worthy.

You have mever been to a car dealerahip have you.
    Hmmm when I look at things from the insurence companies perspective I see a large group of companies with a very lucrative scam going on, one in which you pay them large sums of money over large stretches of time to maybe sometimes if they feel like it, do the thing you pay them to do.

Hell they even get to decide how much they want to pay. My mother had physical therapy for her back last year and the insurence company told the PT they where only going to pay half even tho they where supposed to cover everything after the co-pay.

So wouldnt it make more sense to force insurance companies to abide by regulations and make it easy to charge them with fraud or breech of contract for failing to provide the services they promised? Inatead of creating a public option that wohld eventually spiral our debt even far worse than military spending.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • onyxmethonyxmeth Joined: Posts: 71
    pedoviejo wrote: »
    So wouldnt it make more sense to force insurance companies to abide by regulations and make it easy to charge them with fraud or breech of contract for failing to provide the services they promised? Inatead of creating a public option that wohld eventually spiral our debt even far worse than military spending.
    Back in the 90s and early 2000s, when the news was populated by horror stories about the corrupt aspects of health care and health insurance, all anyone was really demanding was the government step in and simplify the process so they could understand their health care and insurance in the same way they understand their other forms of insurance. If you've ever had to run through the process beforehand, you would probably know how complex it was, and that was done purposefully. Instead of letting the free market function under a new set of regulations that promoted transparency, the Obama administration came up with the idea that mandating insurance and coverage of pre-existing conditions could get the same results. It was an obvious failure, and it's looking likely that the GOP hitched themselves to the Trump wagon that just wants to legislate health coverage in the same fashion, only repackaged. I don't think there's any concerted effort that could pass that isn't just another ACA disaster.

• odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sessions is the most stereotypical aging southern fuccboi.

Having these old fucks dictate the future of a country when they only have 10-15 years left on their lives is a disaster.
  • CyntalanCyntalan SRK's Meta-Moderator™ Joined: Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well then it's a good thing his job isn't to write law, but enforce it, isn't it? :coffee:
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 19,801
    They are creating situations to justify private prisons

And everybody knows it fuck sessions
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,607 mod

I have. I also know that there are enough mechanics to where they legitimately compete with each other and tgus lowering prices. On the other hand doctors cant race each other to the bottom because insurance more or less guarantees a buttfucking to us.

Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,304
    pedoviejo wrote: »

How, in a time when a literal majority of elected officials have ties to/are taking money from HMOs and other health related organizations, do you propose that would work?

The problem is that we don't HAVE any other options than to pay through the nose for insurance or get fucked on health care bills because insurance and lawyers drive up costs. And having insurance is no guarantee that you still aren't going to get fucked on health care bills. the system is broken, we need a reboot.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    A harsher war on drugs means more spending that we don't need. I thought this cabinet was supposed to cut back on spending, yet here we are talking about building expensive walls, spending more on military, and now a harsher war on drugs.
    A harsher war on drugs means more spending that we don't need. I thought this cabinet was supposed to cut back on spending, yet here we are talking about building expensive walls, spending more on military, and now a harsher war on drugs.

It wasn't about spending less

It was about re-appropriating those funds towards party lines
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dab00g wrote: »

It wasn't about spending less

It was about re-appropriating those funds towards party lines

Of course. It's always packaged as "they're spending too much!", but all it really means "they're spending money on things WE don't want to spend money on!". :bluu:

I'd personally like to see less troops overseas and less wasting money on the war on drugs.
  • ElectroManiacElectroManiac Joined: Posts: 369
    Steam: Electro
    Tekken 7 Main: Dragunov
  • dodgers2213dodgers2213 Joined: Posts: 2,936
    edited March 10
    in 2016, how many of those jobs were government jobs? One of the first Executive orders President Trump made was to freeze government hiring (except Military/National Security) which should reflect on the jobs growth report in 2017
    Steam- Dodgers2213
    PS4-- Dodgers2213
  • ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,800
    edited March 11
    But trump is failing bad (sick)

You remind me of Mika:

edit for people who don't watch videos: it's the famous clip of MSNBC saying it's their job to control what people think.
    Also very powerful point/quote after 1:26 in the video that everyone in this thread needs to think about.
    Post edited by ElderGOD on
    ParryAll wrote: »
    5 years ago:

"Alphabet agencies can access your phone microphone and camera remotely, even when the device is turned off. TV's can record you, just like the telescreens in 1984! Car computers and GPS tracking devices like On Star can be remotely accessed, the CIA can take over and drive your car off a cliff if they choose!"

Internet:

LOLOL TINFOIL HAT OMFG HAHAHAHAHA OH MAN

March 7th 2017 new wikileaks:
    Ahh err erm well err uhh well a broken clock is still right twice a day you conspriacy theorist nutter. *gulf of Tonkin, Operation Mockingbird, Tuskegee, Operation Northwoods, operation fishbowl, Iraq WMD lies, Kennedy, Jekyl Island, CNN faking footage in the 90s, and now irrefutable 1984 big bro spie tech and much more *. OK OK so a broken clock is right a few dozen times, SO WHAT CONSPIRACY THEORIST YOURE STILL A LOONEY NUTTER AND UNTIL YOU CEASE ASKING QUESTIONS YOU WONT BE ACCEPTED INTO OUR SMALL INTERNET FORUM CULT. Drink your fluoride eat your GMO stop asking to know if it's GMO and get with the program sheesh don't you wanna be one of the cool kids like Mick West over at Metajunk, a "true skeptic" who trusts the government and believes no conspiracy can ever be true ever because life is rainbows and lollipops?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely? Where did you read that you loon. Absolute power makes one absolutely noble and absolutely the nicest most transparent person on earth just look at the Rothchilds and Rockefellers all the work they've done ending world hunger and fighting poverty and curing cancer oh wait.

This guy breaks things down to a level that anyone can understand:
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,595
    Comparing health insurance health insurance to car insurance is ridiculous. Only way that bullshit works out is mechanics charged 150 dollars to look at your car, 275 for an oil change and had to prescribe you windshield whippers and the only way to make that affordable was buying into some bullshit that comes out to spending money on a fucking discount card.

Please don't use that moronic analogy in this thread. The stupidity of it is near ban worthy.

Regardless of what people are charging for insurance is for things that could happen that haven't happened yet. You don't get car insurance in the middle of an accident. You don't get fire insurance as your house is burning down. You don't get health insurance as you are coughing up your lungs. Because the actual function of the insurance doesn't matter in this instance, its purpose does which is to insure safety from whatever you are insuring against.

Finding out why certain things are chargeable is a different story, but that doesn't mean you mess with the function of insurance because tat fundamentally changes the market and makes things worse
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
    edited March 11
    Trump can release his sources. He can show his evidence. Just like voter fraud and the inauguration numbers he has released zero

Let me remind you since you have a bad memory.

Dems/libs ask for voter recount/check claiming Russia hacked the election.

Dems/libs discover that Trump starts picking up votes.

Dems/libs discover that people who voted Trump had their votes flipped to Hillary (and surprisingly machines tied to Soros: http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/18/soros-connected-company-provides-voting-machines-in-16-states/ In before someone links fake news from liberal extremist media that disagrees).

Dems/libs discover that places where Hillary got 100% of the votes, she got more votes than voters and that recount was impossible for "reasons."

Dems/libs:
    KVejGVL.gif
    I just like having a car with 30 mpg
    I think you don't understand what has happened.

Trump did the right thing by getting government out of it.

You can still decide to buy the more fuel efficient vehicle. It's still a sales point.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,110 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 11
    snip
    This is a problem with the fact that boogie shouldn't qualify for that type of health insurence, I doubt the vast majority of those 1.3 million are in Boogies position.

i'm not implying that over a million people are scamming, i'm saying that when you want the government to get involved with any aspect in life, understand the only power it has is threatening and/or the follow-through of violence. that's why i put Eric Garner at the end. that is the end result of every government action when ANY resistance is put up- no matter how righteous it is.

Eric Garner is dead today because people decided selling cigarettes without paying the government first was a big enough crime for the government to get involved. even laws that are peaceful have an element of violence behind them.
    Eric Garner did not get killed over loosies

Dude got choked and nobody attempted to rescusitate the guy. The officer placed him into a choke hold which is an illegal move then had nypd dogpile on him.

He got killed because those cops have no clue how due process or how to cuff a guy

&
    Wasted wrote: »
    Why the fuck does anyone think Garner was killed over cigarettes?

It was never about loosies

He was just wilding in a nicer (whiter) part of new york in front of his bodega and cop did some ufc training and thought i could subdue him with choking even though choking an assailant is against the law. Dude was not even resisting arrests or refusing orders

They never told him to turn around and cuff up or to get on the ground.

Dude was talking to other cops when the fucker jumped behind and started choking him then the rest of the goon squad dog piled on him he said "i can't breathe"

And instead of doing their first responder training of cpr, they left him cuffed up and he died

The emt's did not bother because he was already dead when they arrived

The cop who killed him has faced no charges

That shit makes me mad on many levels.

I Don't get the nra being against the mentally ill not being readily armed

Like if anybody should not have guns it is those with mental health issues
    @angelpalm @truendymion @crotchpuncha @Typhlosion @MechWarrior

you guys need to look at those responses dab00g made to what i wrote. he has no argument, but he thinks he can win so he's trying to bait me into a semantics battle.

me: Eric Garner died because he didn't pay the government for the necessary permits to allow him to sell things on the street.

dab00g: no, he died because a racist cop choked him out and got away with it. people that are crazy shouldn't own guns and i don't like people that disagree with that.

-this is bait. he's desperately trying change the subject away from government enforcing majority-agreed upon laws to loose cannons are roaming the streets being racist/crazy and getting away with it. the semantics on whether Eric Garner was selling cigarettes, Knicks jerseys, bubblegum, etc. is irrelevant. the law -DON'T SELL SHIT ON THE STREET WITHOUT A PERMIT- was created and agreed upon. police are bound to enforce the law. Eric Garner died because people told cops that they didn't want the Resident Evil 4 merchant rushing them down when they were trying to go somewhere. people don't understand that GOVERNMENTS CAN ONLY THREATEN OR USE VIOLENCE so when tragedies occur, the blame doesn't go to the law that was created, it goes to the person enforcing the law. people then are shocked that the person enforcing the law goes free- completely disregarding the fact that if the law wasn't there in the first place, nothing would have ever happened.

don't start no shit, won't be no shit. it's that simple.
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
    Skinny dude with long hair isn't a good presenter. I want to flush dude's head in a toilet.

Trump is just not a good leader, mouthpiece, or figurehead

He is liable for these decisions he is "loaning his name to"

Trumpcare is not going to happen

Hiring freeze for government employees especially in the va and law enforcement divisions makes way less sense

Especially at the va, understaffed and overworked.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,557
    edited March 11
    I agree tho, I don't want the RE4 merchant rushing me down on the street.

I also think that cop shoulda gone to jail. I understand the gov rules through force, that's self evident, but that doesn't mean we shouldn,t have law...

I guess I'm just not understanding why you paged me for that @Shaft Agent
    Post edited by crotchpuncha on
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,110 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I agree tho, I don't want the RE4 merchant rushing me down on the street.

I also think that cop shoulda gone to jail. I understand the gov rules through force, that's self evident, but that doesn't mean we should have law...

I guess I'm just not understanding why you paged me for that @Shaft Agent

i didn't want to seem like i was calling out goobers so i added you in there as a non-goober. :rofl:
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
    But i get it you want to sell weapons to the mentally unfit
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,788
    edited March 11
    Hmmm when I look at things from the insurence companies perspective I see a large group of companies with a very lucrative scam going on, one in which you pay them large sums of money over large stretches of time to maybe sometimes if they feel like it, do the thing you pay them to do.

Hell they even get to decide how much they want to pay. My mother had physical therapy for her back last year and the insurence company told the PT they where only going to pay half even tho they where supposed to cover everything after the co-pay.

I have. I also know that there are enough mechanics to where they legitimately compete with each other and tgus lowering prices. On the other hand doctors cant race each other to the bottom because insurance more or less guarantees a buttfucking to us.

here's the thing.

you can go to a small shop. However, it won't have the same warranty, and guarantee that comes with work done by the dealer. NOr the peace of mind. The small shops can compete with one another, but the dealership doesn't have to because it has name and tied to something. Plus it's specialized. Smaller shops aren't and don't carry the same heft

we used to be able to do that with doctors, when private options where a thing, but corporate hospitals make small private practices hard. It's also hard to maintain a private practice that's small because of how easy it is to sue and bankrupt somebody. It's even harder to maintain a private hospital becasue once you accept medicare or insurance patients, the rules change and you have to run your care as the insurance company dictates.

healthcare is fucked up not because it's for profit, but because nobody regulates the middle men, in this case its both the corporate wing of the hospital and the insurance companies themselves.
    Skinny dude with long hair isn't a good presenter. I want to flush dude's head in a toilet.

He is liable for these decisions he is "loaning his name to"

Trumpcare is not going to happen

Hiring freeze for government employees especially in the va and law enforcement divisions makes way less sense

VA in califonrina was making millions of dollars by renting property that was donated to them. VA can fuck off and be completly restructured. Giving the VA money won't solve shit, when we know that the problems with the VA aren't money or lack of personel, but corrupt asshats that swindle money their way. Purge the senior administration and bureaucrats that run that place, and hire new people, that will do more good for veterans than giving the VA more money so they can squander it again because nobody holds public employees accountable for nothing.

______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,594
    edited March 11
    What you need is an ombudsman of sorts embedded into the HHS. A central government office that you can escalate complaints to. It's one of the few regulations I'd agree with.

It's one of the only ways that we can keep insurers in check here - sometimes they need to be given a government directive to do the right thing.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • angelpalmangelpalm They're for the bullet holes, puta! Joined: Posts: 22,912 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 11
    If he is so bad and there are so many better options, maybe you should have asked them to run for president.

Hiring freeze makes no sense to you because you forgot that Obama destroyed the US economy and created a debtgreater than any president.
    Post edited by ElderGOD on
  • angelpalmangelpalm They're for the bullet holes, puta! Joined: Posts: 22,912 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 11
    edited March 11
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Yo shut your stupid ass the fuck up

https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-by-president-by-dollar-and-percent-3306296

Get beat up for manspreading by some bulldykes on the subway with your fragile ass my dood lol

Still created a debt larger than any other president though.

From your link:
    Barack Obama: Added $7.917 trillion
    George W. Bush: Added $5.849 trillion
    Bill Clinton: Added $1.396 trillion
    George H.W. Bush: Added $1.554 trillion
    Ronald Reagan: Added $1.86 trillion
    Jimmy Carter: Added $299 billion
    Gerald Ford: Added $224 billion
    Richard Nixon: Added $121 billion
    Lyndon B. Johnson: Added $42 billion
    John F. Kennedy: Added $23 billion

Good job taking the time of proving my point.
    Gonna send a hit squad of rainbow haired troglodykes after your ass if you keep telling stories mate.
    Gonna send a hit squad of rainbow haired troglodykes after your ass if you keep telling stories mate.
    Way to derail this discussion to real life threats of violence.

I don't know why @MrWizard @Preppy @Pertho allow this type of continued harassment from you.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes You dun fked it up Capcom. Again. Joined: Posts: 7,084
    Because he's retarded and they don't want a lawsuit.
    ElderGOD wrote: »

Way to derail this discussion to real life threats of violence.

I will definitely get on this. We all know Pussy Riot is a terrifying mercernary group.

By all means though, next person to summon Wiz into this thread is gonna get the ban MrWizard would hand you if he showed up. no fucking idea how you can want this thread open but think that getting MrWizard involved will let that continue.

takes a special kind.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

Well Elder God is a god damn retard so no surprise he would try to summon Wiz over something stupid like that.
    drizzt360 wrote: »
    I'm sure Ive asked this before but isn't he the dude that thinks he can take on a chimp or some shit bare hand and win?

No he is the dude that stayed on in the mod suggestion thread snitching on people to try and get them banned so he can turn this site into srkkk.

A retard and a bitch lol
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,595
    MrWizard is a banned card
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • VASagaVASaga Not Yet Strange! Let Them Wait Joined: Posts: 1,603
    I don't even believe Mr Wizard visits his own site.. Too busy stacking that sponsorship money aka pay to play at Evo.
    "I must have ascended to a higher plane of thinking than most because I play Dr Strange"
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,569
    Yup. Mr. Wizard is our Mr. McMahon
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,884 admin
    He checks in from time to time. He rarely posts, though. I typically just hit him up via IM if I need anything.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

if SF is his life, what does Mr. Wizard do for fun?
    I will definitely get on this. We all know Pussy Riot is a terrifying mercernary group.
    QTWbLTI.jpg

Wqejodq.jpg

9RrKHLK.jpg
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 16,788
    #FreeElderGOD

#WizIsUnKek
    Twitch
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
    Moved to premium because the thread went full retard.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

• CyntalanCyntalan SRK's Meta-Moderator™ Joined: Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So, did he get Wiznuked? Or is that a more... reasonable ban? :rofl:
    edited March 13
    ElderGod was shook by angelpalm's vicious comment that he requested that angelpalm receive a warning for. As threats would be considered a Very Serious Problem, threats brought to our attention are not something we can ignore. Given the context, though, I also gave ElderGod some time off so he could recover mentally.

Or, as the saying goes: play stupid games win stupid prizes.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

http://news.wgbh.org/2017/03/15/politics-government/major-new-study-shows-political-polarization-mainly-right-wing
    The left and the center avail themselves of real journalism, however flawed it may be, while the right gorges on what is essentially political propaganda — all the while denigrating anything that contradicts their worldview as 'fake news'.

This comes as a shock to me after this thread.

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,557
    edited March 17
    So what you don't need premium to get to the premium forum or was someone nice and blessed me with awesome?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
This discussion has been closed.