The American Government Thread: Trump has Doom Assist, Welcome to Die.

Comments

• CyntalanCyntalan HERE COMES THE STAPLER!!!! Joined: Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So what you don't need premium to get to the premium forum or was someone nice and blessed me with awesome?

I'd guess someone blessed you.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

"NO! NOT LIKE THIS!" - Random audience member, Evo 2k9 SC4 finals. Go Hilde!
    "You are a weird, adorable little man, OZ." - Vynce
    "I violated marc but we definitely cool now." - dre37k
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,607 admin
    edited March 19
    Premium is a manual thing at this point that I do via editing people's account settings in Vanilla. I did it for a couple people and it was enough of a pain in the ass that I stopped and figured I could get back to if it mattered. After all, we have new icons now! :joy: (read: I've been doing other things)

edit: punting this thread back out of Premium as I'm reworking how the Premium forum works
    Post edited by Preppy on

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

MvC2 for Xbox One/PS4 pls

• dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 19,117
    http://wgntv.com/2017/03/19/chicago-army-veteran-who-suffered-brain-injury-after-two-tours-in-afghanistan-to-be-deported/

He became a crook in america

And i blame the va not helping a lot of these guys

These guys get fucked up in the military
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes mfw Capcom reveals something Joined: Posts: 6,665
    Is this a temporary move or are you going to put this back on premium as soon as you're done?
    Can you be FGC without playing anymore?
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,106 mod
    edited March 20
    This is a mod post

Since there are various pressing issues going on this week, i'm gonna begrudgingly reopen this under some new conditions:

1) signaling wiz for any reason permanently closes this thread and makes all political talk in any GD thread is instant jail time. I will seek and destroy any mention of anything remotely political whether it be here, lounge, transformers thread etc. This topic either exists in GD in this thread or it doesnt at all. That includes the current state of the world thread.

2) any mentiom of the phrase fake news, alternative facts or any other some such is a 3 day ban. Dont write it, dont quote an image that has those words in it, it better not be in the url of an article you cite. You posted a video from youtube that has either of those phrases, you're eating a dick too. Not in amy serious way, not as a joke.

3) you have an issue with something then PM me. You wanna make it public on your own then dont complain about how things shake out. But if somebody is annoying you, there is a handy dandy ignore function. Trying to force my hand is not gonna help you with shit.

If you dont like these terms then dont post in the thread. You feel this is a threat to your freedom of speech then kindly remember that the 1st amendment doesnt apply to private organizations, and if you find this unfair then feel free to let Eldergod know how much of a dumbfuck he is for antagonizing the only mod GD has ever had willing to let you guys have this shit show in the first place.
    Post edited by Pertho on
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    And dont get cute with any of those rules. You all damn well know i set rules for all to follow. Breaking any of those to troll me oe the thread to gets you a week long ban. You wanna @ wiz to fuck people over, your ass just @ed a personal ban.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

• Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 1,952
    If only the law was laid the fuck down like this at Gamefaqs...
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
    Pertho wrote: »
    Kireek wrote: »
    Since there are various pressing issues going on this week, i'm gonna begrudgingly reopen this under some new conditions:

1) signaling wiz for any reason permanently closes this thread and makes all political talk in any GD thread is instant jail time. I will seek and destroy any mention of anything remotely political whether it be here, lounge, transformers thread etc. This topic either exists in GD in this thread or it doesnt at all. That includes the current state of the world thread.

2) any mentiom of the phrase fake news, alternative facts or any other some such is a 3 day ban. Dont write it, dont quote an image that has those words in it, it better not be in the url of an article you cite. You posted a video from youtube that has either of those phrases, you're eating a dick too. Not in amy serious way, not as a joke.

3) you have an issue with something then PM me. You wanna make it public on your own then dont complain about how things shake out. But if somebody is annoying you, there is a handy dandy ignore function. Trying to force my hand is not gonna help you with shit.

If you dont like these terms then dont post in the thread. You feel this is a threat to your freedom of speech then kindly remember that the 1st amendment doesnt apply to private organizations, and if you find this unfair then feel free to let Eldergod know how much of a dumbfuck he is for antagonizing the only mod GD has ever had willing to let you guys have this shit show in the first place.

No, fuck you.

:coffee:

c78.gif

Does this mean these rules also propagate to the State of the World thread too? Prolly should post em there as well, if so.

I'll clap those cowards if they dont migrate over; they dont even smoke crack.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

• ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,379

You might want to change the title of that thread to make it clear it isn't inclusive of US politics. Or make that the "State of the World (non-politics)" vs this as the "US and World politics thread".

As it is currently I could see natural confusion for anyone coming in late to the situation. And let's face it, while the US will usually dominate the political discussion on SRK, opening it up to the world would probably better accommodate the way the conversation usually goes down. Foreign policy, comparisons between nations, related movements, that sort of stuff.
    That's the thing: it's a political thread and always has been. It was just about world politics, not just the US. So unless they get the same treatment, that rule being broken will kill that thread too, and some may just not know why.

Um so we can now say trump was spreading lies and got humiliated again today
  • VASagaVASaga Not Yet Strange! Let Them Wait Joined: Posts: 1,602
    I dont even know why Pertho takes this mod business so seriously..
    Never go full Orwell over silly srk posts,
    "I must have ascended to a higher plane of thinking than most because I play Dr Strange"
  • TyphlosionTyphlosion Russian Hacker Joined: Posts: 1,009
    VASaga wrote: »

I think it's understandable when people are callin Mr.Wizard over silly srk posts.

Full orwell? That doesnt even remotely apply to this situation.

As for taking it seriously, only thing i wanna avoid is any situation getting so out of control that reminds wiz of why he hates GD. Simple enough goal; this thread's existence threatens that and one of its posters purposelfully signaled nonsense.

Besides none of the fake news comments were conducive to actual discussion.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

• IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 4,748
    Fuck, who is going to post shit from the MtG Salvation mod lounge from when it was being sold to Curse in the GD lounge now?
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    Iduno wrote: »
    Fuck, who is going to post shit from the MtG Salvation mod lounge from when it was being sold to Curse in the GD lounge now?

Why? What happened there?
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

Goddamn the Poe's Law in that twitter account... :rofl:

Otherizes? St Paddy's spraying frebreeze on minorities.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

• StarhammerStarhammer The failings of this world fills me with laughter. Joined: Posts: 19,258

Considering some of the posts I've seen, I think some of them do smoke crack.

Now that the salt mine thread has been reopened, let us rejoice.

* Watches as the lifeless body of Kireek falls off the cliff with a strange hammer shaped wound in the face.*

...................It has begun.

-Starhammer-
    Million wrote: »
    Personally, it warms my heart to see them all suffer for their poor choices. You like the Chris Brown types? How's that occasional domestic violence taste? It's fun learning how to "take a bump" like a WWE superstar, isn't it? Yeah get beat you worthless trash. Get shit on. I want to see you bitches crash and burn forever. It's like I can smell the fragrance of their ruined lives... it fuels the soul.
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?
    mIRC wrote: »
    Julia Stiles came flying out of the womb into the wall. The fuck are you talking about? The doctors had to scrape her off of the wall. Some people merely adopted the wall. She was born in it, molded by it. Pink Floyd made an album prophesizing her birth.

AV by Rick Ross.
    edited March 20
    Eh. The real problem was ElderGod trying to cry his way into somebody else being banned from SRK. Don't be that guy. If you've got a problem in GD, take it to your local mod via PM, which in this case is Pertho. If you've got a Big problem and Pertho is busy/unable to handle, he can loop me in. I'm just here to shoot the shit, fix problems, and ban bots.
    Check out @endstpats's Tweet:

sjws are an embarrassment to the left. yikes.

apparently st. Patrick's day is now a white nationalism thing.
    Why in the world are you taking a satire account seriously? Or are you just trying to 'get' other people?

Last Week Tonight on the Trump budget:

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

• Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 23,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @Preppy

What up?
    This is offensive.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic America was never great. Joined: Posts: 5,278
    is that really a satire account? its hard to tell with the alt-right and sjw movements. both are ridiculous
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I have been to all kinds of St. Patrick's Day celebrations in cities all over the nation, and I have never seen anyone give a shit about a brown person being part of the festivities. I have also never seen any Hispanic give a shit about a white person out on Cinco de Mayo. I'm getting pretty sick of SJWs trying to segregate everything by race like it's 1960 when a huge portion of the country is mixed race now. After looking at the twitter account, I'm willing to bet the originator of the twitter is a self hating white marxist who grew up in the suburbs.
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic America was never great. Joined: Posts: 5,278
    edited March 20
    J-ride wrote: »
    I have been to all kinds of St. Patrick's Day celebrations in cities all over the nation, and I have never seen anyone give a shit about a brown person being part of the festivities. I have also never seen any Hispanic give a shit about a white person out on Cinco de Mayo. I'm getting pretty sick of SJWs trying to segregate everything by race like it's 1960 when a huge portion of the country is mixed race now. After looking at the twitter account, I'm willing to bet the originator of the twitter is a self hating white marxist who grew up in the suburbs.

I've literally had a sjw say to me "whites over here, blacks over there" over the discussion about white people having dreadlocks. whites should not adopt black culture according to her. and blacks should not adopt white culture. like wtf? why cant we just build a new society and take all the good ideas?

I referred to her as a white nationalist and she got really confused. It doesn't matter if you identify as something, if your words are racist, then you are.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,273
    Preppy wrote: »
    Eh. The real problem was ElderGod trying to cry his way into somebody else being banned from SRK. Don't be that guy. If you've got a problem in GD, take it to your local mod via PM, which in this case is Pertho. If you've got a Big problem and Pertho is busy/unable to handle, he can loop me in. I'm just here to shoot the shit, fix problems, and ban bots.

Why in the world are you taking a satire account seriously? Or are you just trying to 'get' other people?

Last Week Tonight on the Trump budget:

please explain to me how comedy shows like these count as legitimate news, but when other people post other shit, you are so quick to ignore it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • StarhammerStarhammer The failings of this world fills me with laughter. Joined: Posts: 19,258
    J-ride wrote: »

I've literally had a sjw say to me "whites over here, blacks over there" over the discussion about white people having dreadlocks. whites should not adopt black culture according to her. and blacks should not adopt white culture. like wtf? why cant we just build a new society and take all the good ideas?

I referred to her as a white nationalist and she got really confused. It doesn't matter if you identify as something, if your words are racist, then you are.

I hope you dick slapped her. I'll put money into your bail fund.

-Starhammer-
    Personally, it warms my heart to see them all suffer for their poor choices. You like the Chris Brown types? How's that occasional domestic violence taste? It's fun learning how to "take a bump" like a WWE superstar, isn't it? Yeah get beat you worthless trash. Get shit on. I want to see you bitches crash and burn forever. It's like I can smell the fragrance of their ruined lives... it fuels the soul.
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?
    Julia Stiles came flying out of the womb into the wall. The fuck are you talking about? The doctors had to scrape her off of the wall. Some people merely adopted the wall. She was born in it, molded by it. Pink Floyd made an album prophesizing her birth.

AV by Rick Ross.
    I love the Irish. They are probably the friendliest culture on the planet. I'll celebrate their culture every day.
    This is offensive.
    edited March 20
    pedoviejo wrote: »

Last Week Tonight on the Trump budget

please explain to me how comedy shows like these count as legitimate news, but when other people post other shit, you are so quick to ignore it.
    I don't recall saying that that counted as legitimate news - do you want to clarify where I did so? I'll be happy to try to explain the confused things I actually stupidly say. I certainly cannot defend things I did not say.

Hey. There's this John Oliver guy. He's pretty funny and has interesting-to-me takes. He's not crazy and the production quality is excellent. Enjoy if you want to. If you do not, cool. :tup:

edited March 20
    Raz0r wrote: »
    @Preppy

What up?
    Working, playing soccer, playing games, seeing friends, tinkering, drinking too much rum - my friend's band keeps playing at a great Caribbean place. The usual. I saw this politically-related incident and thought of your old horrific avatar:
    * http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/17/us/twitter-journalist-strobe-epilepsy/index.html
    :lol:
    Post edited by Preppy on

• Brightside6382Brightside6382 It can't be helped Joined: Posts: 936
    @Preppy

What up?
    Working, playing soccer, playing games, seeing friends, tinkering, drinking too much rum - my friend's band keeps playing at a great Caribbean place. The usual. I saw this politically-related incident and thought of your old horrific avatar:
    * http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/17/us/twitter-journalist-strobe-epilepsy/index.html
    :lol:

Wasn't he the guy who joined, gave money to, and became an admin to an underground mexican pedophilia website and got off with no charges because he claimed to have memory loss?
    edited March 21
    No.

* http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=15430924

is a pretty good summary as far as I'm aware. And/or simply the Wikipedia article on it.

I almost added in a bit about how epilepsy destroys your life and brain in my last post but didn't because I didn't think it was relevant to the quick aside that razor's old avatar was designed to kill people. :lol: I'm glad he's high-functioning.

In my defense, I took down that avatar as soon as the dude posted that thread. I had no idea it would give someone a seizure.
    This is offensive.
    yo. Anybody hear about comey testifying?

Now you can.

long as hell tho.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
  • RECESSIONTIMERECESSIONTIME Trumpologist Joined: Posts: 1,224
    I haven't read or watched anything since Trump addressed the senate. Can someone fil.... I mean inform me of what happened? I've been busy getting laid and the sex has exhausted me to the point I can't even follow the news like I used to.
    Starhammer wrote: »

Now you can.

long as hell tho.

-Starhammer-

TL;dr

Wiretap claim is false and Trump is being investigated for ties to russia
  • AcidicEnemaAcidicEnema Joined: Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dab00g wrote: »

Now you can.

long as hell tho.

-Starhammer-

TL;dr

How exactly do you picture this Russian investigation?

Agents Dean and Sam going around flashing their badges and asking for "just the facts, ma'am"?

Or would you imagine that it may involve something more modern.... like say a wiretap?

Can't have it both ways.
    "Studio-produced hetero porn is just a joke. Either the men are actually trying to steal screen time from the actress, or the cameraman is trying to give the actor a colonoscopy." - Taito
  • dodgers2213dodgers2213 Joined: Posts: 2,813
    Gowdy questions the weasel James Comey

Steam- Dodgers2213
    PS4-- Dodgers2213
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 19,970
    dab00g wrote: »

Now you can.

long as hell tho.

-Starhammer-

TL;dr

How exactly do you picture this Russian investigation?

Agents Dean and Sam going around flashing their badges and asking for "just the facts, ma'am"?

Or would you imagine that it may involve something more modern.... like say a wiretap?

Can't have it both ways.
    Agents Johnson and Johnson, no relation.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    Comey was this bastion of truth when he announced investigation into hilary that amounted to nothing

Now he is scum.

If it is revealed to be deep rooted alliances with russia, a calculated effort to get trump in office

Really where does that leave us

Just being under investigation marred up an already toxic trump presidency

He should step down. But, he won't. I wonder really what gets revealed

Trump already taking more hits than rihanna
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,292
    @Preppy

What up?

I see what you did there. So soon?

Anyway, surprised @Pertho didn't just delete the thread. He did delete my post though, lol.

@Pertho is patient.