The Ameяican Government Thread

Comments

• dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,038
    It's like they don't know the best reaction someone you hate is no reaction

Or maybe they got tired of being peaceful protesters. Remember when those kids at berkley were oc sprayed even though they were just sitting doing nothing?

Maybe they thought, if we get sprayed may as well earn it?

The best protest would have just been an anti-trump power point presentation

Or just an exhibit of milo photoshopped sucking and fucking trump

Like just stage that the same night. Invite him to the gallery of him sucking old man dick

Put his regressive quotes under each piece to accentuate your point

That would have been great counter programming
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,896
    Milo would have probably thought that was funny.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,303
    dab00g wrote: »
    It's like they don't know the best reaction someone you hate is no reaction

Or maybe they got tired of being peaceful protesters.

So, they lack endurance.
    Maybe they thought, if we get sprayed may as well earn it?

So, they lack restraint.
    The best protest would have just been an anti-trump power point presentation

Which, Milo would simply use as an outdoor stage, using the presumably shitty quality of the presentation content to ram home how terrible American college education has become.
    Or just an exhibit of milo photoshopped sucking and fucking trump

Like just stage that the same night. Invite him to the gallery of him sucking old man dick

That's basically giving him a gift, except "Daddy" is white.
    Put his regressive quotes under each piece to accentuate your point

That would have been great counter programming

More ammo to be broken down and analysed and rebutted, tbh. As if a professional writer can't spin this kind of thing around.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,038
    Milo would have probably thought that was funny.

That's the thing you have to diffuse hostility with humor

So many of the sjws get strung up on words, on shit that shouldn't gut that visceral reaction

But it is because they don't or have never watched pro wrestling

Heels get heat. Milo gets heat, and responds with ambivalence and does more to conjure it up. He is a full on gimmick. He is an immigrant, christian, pro trump, gay, with a love of black men. That is heat in the south, but you make him have right-wing views and then you got these no sense od humor having sjw's out of ideas. So they get mad.

Trump is a heel. But in a horrible way. He will take the heat as the gop institutes laws and orders that benefit the lobbyists who paid them. That is what is happening.

I know dnc does that, but they usually offset it by playing by the rules.

The news isn't miscontruing trump's words or actions. They are merely reporting on them.

Spicer looks like an angry basketball coach after a blowout loss, who just got caught in a sex scandal. Like excuse, deflect, shift blame.

If this whole christian shift happens it does nobody good

If i was going to protest humor is how you get it viral

Trump memes and trump being all over tv and the internet kind of gave the dude a cult of personality.

Again i blame jon stewart and stephen colbert for leaving comedy central so that mockery and demystifying would have happened then. Maybe the republicans would have gone with bush.

But all i know is now trevor noah is killing it because of the material working for him.

Fox news tries with their daily show wannabe with staff laught track, but it just is not funny. It is aggravating.

I won't support this president or his cabinet or the way the gop is forgoing even acknowledging the rules set forth just to say they did.

I know you foreigners are loving this dollar falling. And possibly admire his hardline stances on immigration and refugees. I cannot support him,

This does not make me anti-american.

What do i see happening in 6 months? More civil unrests hopefully. More republicans turning on their party because of bullshit actions.

More of McCain being a voice of reason that hopefully resonates with more in his party.

It's likely the red states turn blue because of what the gop are doing
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Preppy wrote: »
    Starhammer wrote: »
    they know that they've been playing the system with the h1b visa for a while now, and that shit is about to get nerfed. Maybe the next time I call the trouble desk, I'll get it in English for once.
    I directly benefit from H1B minimization, but jesus, dude, get the fuck informed.
    Get informed?

I did. Sometimes, I wish I didn't.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,471
    dab00g wrote: »
    But it is because they don't or have never watched pro wrestling

Or maybe they did and they think they're Eric Bischoff and the nWo, having not yet realized that WCW has long since passed.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,370
    Wrestling comparison makes sense, that would make Hilary Roman Reigns and Sanders interchangeable with pretty much anyone who got buried by Cena.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.

How much longer before they start getting the treatment they deserve?

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,105
    ElderGOD wrote: »
    Reticently wrote: »
    Preppy wrote: »
    Are we just ignoring Russia's actions towards nearby countries in the past couple years? That seems pretty messed up. There are some pretty strong reasons to be giving Russia the stink-eye.

The past couple of years? How about this week?

Oh look, it's Maggie who asked Hillary to create a story about herself so that Maggie could publish it as "fact."

After Obama armed terrorists all over the Middle East and killed so many people and created the refugee crisis the US has no right telling Russia not to support people who actually ask for their help.

Getting tired of this liberal cancer and their hypocrisy.

Obama armed terrorists in the Middle East. As did Reagan. As did Churchill.

Linking that to liberalism is false, it is just a side effect of the strategy of waging proxy wars that all of the major powers have engaged in since WWII.

And though I was just displaying the pattern of cause and effect with some of the consequences of our recent political phase-change, I'd be curious to hear why you think Ukranians continue to deserve to die even after Russia has already annexed Crimea.
    edited February 3

-Starhammer-

Man, if disorganized property damage is terrorism, I'd hate to see what you think of people who conspire to throw tea in the harbor.
    edited February 3
    For one thing, one difference is your use of the word "disorganized". More certain the Boston Tea Party was organized and not done on a whim.

Also, the Tea Party wasn't done because they didn't like a specific individual being allowed to talk somewhere and wanted to force him out.

Lastly, it's tea. Who gives a shit?
    Twitchy | Twatter
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,349 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/02/kellyanne-conway-refers-to-fake-bowling-green-massacre.html

lol
    During an appearance on Chris Matthews’ Hardball on Thursday night, Kellyanne Conway, Donald Trump’s former campaign manager and now an adviser in his administration, referenced a “massacre” when justifying the President’s ban on refugees and immigrants from seven majority-Muslim countries.

“I bet it’s brand new information to people that President Obama had a six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program after two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalized and they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre,” Conway said during an exchange on the program. “Most people don’t know that because it didn’t get covered.”
    The media didn’t cover the Bowling Green Massacre because no such event ever happened.

What Conway was likely referring to was an incident in 2011 in which two Iraqi nationals were indicted for allegedly having ties to IED (Improvised Explosive Device) attacks against U.S. troops in Iraq.
    According to a 2013 release from the Department of Justice pertaining to their sentencing for terrorist activities, “Mohanad Shareef Hammadi, 25, a former resident of Iraq, was sentenced to life in federal prison, and Waad Ramadan Alwan, 31, a former resident of Iraq, was sentenced to 40 years in federal prison.” The two men lived in Bowling Green, Kentucky and according to the release “admitted using improvised explosive devices (IEDs) against U.S. soldiers in Iraq and who attempted to send weapons and money to Al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) for the purpose of killing U.S. soldiers.”
    There is no information about the men having committed violent offenses in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Conway’s reference to a “ban” from Obama likely alludes to a review of vetting procedures for individuals coming from Iraq which did occur in 2011 as a result of the Bowling Green arrests.
    The Daily Beast has reached out to Conway to determine what exactly she was referencing here, or whether it was another set of “alternative facts.” We will update as we hear more.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,303

-Starhammer-

Man, if disorganized property damage is terrorism, I'd hate to see what you think of people who conspire to throw tea in the harbor.

Quoting myself for emphasis.
    Wasted wrote: »

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2331
    (5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
    (A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
    (B) appear to be intended—
    (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population
    ;
    (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
    (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
    (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.

Property damage? Never mind arson, assault or potential grievous bodily harm, all considered forms of violent crime according to the FBI.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    edited February 3
    For one thing, one difference is your use of the word "disorganized". More certain the Boston Tea Party was organized and not done on a whim.

Also, the Tea Party wasn't done because they didn't like a specific individual being allowed to talk somewhere and wanted to force him out.

Lastly, it's tea. Who gives a shit?

I meant that Berkley was disorganized, not Boston- which obviously was organized. Not sure if my post was ambiguous on that, but sorry if it was.

Your second point isn't germane to whether either act should be considered terrorism. I posit neither should be (though the Berkley vandals should be prosecuted to the full extent of the normally applicable laws).

Thirdly, the value of the tea destroy in modern dollars was $1.7 million dollars. Quite a few people cared a great deal.
    Post edited by Reticently on
    Wasted wrote: »
    Property damage? Never mind arson, assault or potential grievous bodily harm, all considered forms of violent crime according to the FBI.

Fair enough, but still insufficient to pass a terrorism litmus test, and the normally applicable criminal justice framework is still amply equipped to make the perpetrators go away for a long, long time.
    Iduno wrote: »
    Nah thinking about him again Sanders is pre-injury Daniel Bryon, the crowd love him but Vince (the DNC) is determined to shove his favourite down your throat instead.

I read this and for some horrible reason, a picture of John Cena with the hillary face swap barged into my brain.

Charlton%20Heston%20Laugh_zpseqhtrpn1.gif

No wonder Trump won.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    edited February 3
    I meant that Berkley was disorganized, not Boston- which obviously was. Not sure if my post was ambiguous on that, but sorry if it was.

I think this is even more ambiguous. I knew you were calling Berkley disorganized, but I was trying to recall how organized / planned out the Tea Party was. Even after looking it up I'm still not sure.
    Your second point isn't germane to whether either act should be considered terrorism. I posit neither should be (though the Berkley vandals should be prosecuted to the full extent of the normally applicable laws).

No, it's not germain to that, but with the bringing up of another event in comparison, I felt the need to bring it up .
    Thirdly, the value of the tea destroy in modern dollars was $1.7 million dollars. Quite a few people cared a great deal.

Their fault for putting too much value in that tea. Shit probably wasn't even sweet tea.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Their fault for putting too much value in that tea. Shit probably wasn't even sweet tea.

Shit never got to BE sweet tea.

Liberal tea abortion.

Also, Boston Tea Party was thoroughly planned. Planned well enough for between 30 and 130 Bostonians to disguise themselves as Mohawk Indians.

I bet the fish knew.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
  • TyphlosionTyphlosion Russian Hacker Joined: Posts: 1,078
    edited February 3

I thought liberals were the corrupt ones and the conservatives were going to drain the swamp?
  • BR3N7BR3N7 All eyez on me! Joined: Posts: 2,115
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

This video about sums up everything about Trump and his people. Seriously when a video with this kind of ending is being considered good and not questioned shows there is no hope.

So yes the fatigue is already setting in as this was his plan like I said moons ago but there is just one thing you guys forget and thats we are guaranteed a rematch in less than 4 years. He can't duck and hide from that. Though I am sure he will do is best to find a way out of it or to cripple the opposition.

I think people who justified or tried to justify that "you don't belong in my America" phrase should get sent to some new land and banned from this country. We are now the "Divided States of America" and land of the "Not so free and the brave who are trying to fix that".

Seriously you people really do think he is a Messiah and infallible. I said that in jest but since other people wanna quote rap I can do that to "a lot truth is said in Jest" and this is why its pointless to even have any open dialogue with ANY of you your already boarded the plane below.

But never forget they did say Trump had "BLEMISHES".

C3YLYAKUYAAO8RK.jpg
    "Well whatever, Univision, no...."

Lol that shit is hilarious. Almost as funny as people trying to have rational conversations on here with self admitted racist.

That dude really thinks that Univision is based in Mexico or some shit, just your typical tool, about as "informed" as a facebook fearmonger post from from idiots that have never met a single muslim in their life.
    Mains:
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
  • FreezingCicadaFreezingCicada Joined: Posts: 626
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/30/us/politics/trump-dodd-frank-regulations.html?_r=0

Oh shit. The god emperor cannot be stopped! The absolute madman!
    Alright. First bit. Back in the 08 -09 crash or the housing market crash what happened was Government was subsidizing housing payments for people that shouldnt have had houses. The private sector then created a new form of "gambling" where they effectively took bets against each other to see if the people that took the loans can actually pay it off or not. WHILE at the same time the people betting against them took insurance on their funds incase they fucked up.

Naturally the majourity of houses defaulted leaving the banks holding the bag on a toxic asset, meaning the loan they gave out was more then the actual value of the house at the time on top of wallstreet almost bringing down insurance sectors from them trying to get w/e they could from the losses.

Now who did Mr. Yes we can blame? The average investor like you and me. Could see the removal of 20k minimum for day trading or lowering it to 5k.

Idk what to think of the second, maybe applying more pressure to the federal reserve.
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    Struggle breeds greatness. *snip*[/quote]No, it doesn't, because in societies where the "survival of the fittest" is state policy, only the rich and well-connected thrive, while everyone else is more or less screwed. The USA had that as state policy during the Gilded Age, and the result was robber barons oppressing anyone they wanted to, monopolistic gouging, management-sanctioned thugs attacking unions/union organizers, filth in food(read The Jungle), a punishing business cycle, slavery/racial oppression, starvation among the elderly/impoverished, and gunboat diplomacy done in the defense/support of business interests. If you really wanted this society to be better, you'd stop believing your own lies in this context, because the Social Darwinist bullshit you tout is morally wrong, and the only thing it really "breeds" is tyranny where the rich and powerful rule more harshly than they already do.

...Also, learn to spell.[/quote]

foreigners know what actual misery is
    come to a country like the US
    take advantage of the opportunity here because they know what real struggle is
    they become successful
    I never said money was the solution. Not once have I mentioned money. I'm not even going to bother reading the rest of that post because I bet it has nothing to do with what I have said. I said we need to fix the problems with schools, the shit way we gauge success and knowledge in the field, the shit way we motivate students to be more, the shit teachers who do crappy jobs, and the shit upper level staff. School doesn't need money, it needs restructuring and rebuilding from the ground up.

I never said anything about dumping money into them. You keep going over this over and over because you're too fucking busy trying to read between lines or something, I'm really not sure, because I never mentioned putting more money into schools. Go back to fucking school and learn how to read what people have actually said and not what you think they are saying. Take a spelling class while you're at it.

The problem is with the schools themselves, the shit job they do teaching, motivating and preparing people for the future, and the fuck awful advice they give to students moving on to higher ed. Money wont fix those problems, but neither will denying people entry either. All that's going to do is make future generations dumber, and you think people are uniformed now, wait till you take away their basic ed. If anything all the fucking money is why schools are so fucking shit these days.

You didnt but dab00g did, and money was already being talked about and you junoed in on the exchange me and dab00g where having.

So if ypure gonna jump in, you dont get to dictate what points i can or cant use because the context has already been laid out.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    edited February 3

______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
    C3vSUfnVUAA43m3.jpg
    Mains:
    edited February 3
    Now who did Mr. Yes we can blame? The average investor like you and me. Could see the removal of 20k minimum for day trading or lowering it to 5k.

The day trading minimum only affects margin accounts (trading with money you get from a loan), and then minimum is $25,000. There is no day trading minimum for cash accounts (where you only trade with the money you already have). Some brokerages won't do business with you if you don't bring enough money to be worth their time, but that is a business decision, not a rule. Also, day trading with cash accounts has the potential for something called a Good Faith Violation where you sell something before the cash you paid for it with has cleared (which can take a couple of business days). They only let you get away with that a few times a year before icing your ability to day trade for 90 days.

The rule itself comes from FINRA, which is a subsidiary of the NY Stock Exchange- a private company. The SEC did approve the rule, but they aren't the ones who made it up.

Also, the rule has been around since 2001 and had nothing to do with Obama or the housing crisis.

http://www.finra.org/investors/day-trading-margin-requirements-know-rules
    Frequently Asked Questions

Why the change?

The primary purpose of the day-trading margin rules is to require that certain levels of equity be deposited and maintained in day-trading accounts, and that these levels be sufficient to support the risks associated with day-trading activities. It was determined that the prior day-trading margin rules did not adequately address the risks inherent in certain patterns of day trading and had encouraged practices, such as the use of cross-guarantees, that did not require customers to demonstrate actual financial ability to engage in day trading.

Most margin requirements are calculated based on a customer's securities positions at the end of the trading day. A customer who only day trades does not have a security position at the end of the day upon which a margin calculation would otherwise result in a margin call. Nevertheless, the same customer has generated financial risk throughout the day. The day-trading margin rules address this risk by imposing a margin requirement for day trading that is calculated based on a day trader's largest open position (in dollars) during the day, rather than on his or her open positions at the end of the day.

Were investors given an opportunity to comment on the rules?

The rules were approved by the NASD Regulation Board of Directors and then filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). On February 18, 2000, the SEC published NASD's proposed rules for comment in the Federal Register. The SEC also published for comment substantially similar rule changes that were proposed by the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). The SEC received over 250 comment letters in response to the publication of these rule changes. Both the NASD and NYSE filed with the SEC written responses to these comment letters. On February 27, 2001, the SEC approved both the NASD and NYSE day-trading margin rules. As noted above, the NASD rules became operational on September 28, 2001.
    Post edited by Reticently on