The Ameяican Government Thread

Comments

• PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,411 mod
    Optimus124 wrote: »
    It's hard not to laugh at Sean Spicer

Fixed thay for you since it applies to both sides of the aisle.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,064 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 25
    Typhlosion wrote: »
    Cyntalan wrote: »
    Media cryin' about their 1st amendment rights being taken away like he just banned them from existence... :rofl: the tears are delicious. They really need to read up on the 1st before makin' that claim.

Which media source is saying their first amendment rights are being taken away?

Sorry, I take that back. The media themselves are whining, but not saying precisely that their 1st amendment rights are being taken away. Instead, it's merely insinuated in such a way that people reading their statements are freaking out about their 1st amendment rights.

This sounds just like Milo supporters and people against gun control, despite no rights being violated either. Same shit, different day, different sides.

You bring back good memories, when Obama took all the guns away by tracking gun owners down with satellites then hauled them off to FEMA camps and forced them to drink chemicals in the water that turned them gay. Those 8 years were the greatest years, the liberal media managed to shut free speech down and we banned the second amendment. What a good time it was to be a liberal, the gay agenda succeeded but all that change when the Trump nation attacked.

I'm actually pro-gun and do think some gun control laws are kinda dumb, but things do get blown out of proportion by both sides of the issue. Hell I live in California and think some of the new regulations are dumb, but at the same time the 2nd Amendment is not being violated. Gun control debate is an entirely different discussion though.

I honestly don't see how people can laugh at some of the MSM (aka lul fake news) complaining about what happened today and then get mad when Milo isn't able to go do a speech or has his book canceled, saying free speech is dead. Different sides of the same coin.
  • CyntalanCyntalan The Metamoderator™ Is Here Joined: Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    TIL Not invited to a conference = Speech cancelled due to riots :bluu:
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

"NO! NOT LIKE THIS!" - Random audience member, Evo 2k9 SC4 finals. Go Hilde!
    "You are a weird, adorable little man, OZ." - Vynce
    "I violated marc but we definitely cool now." - dre37k

You're the one equating that, not me. His speech was canceled due to violent protesters, but it's not a free speech issue that his supports love to complain about and continue to support him.
    edited February 25

You're the one equating that, not me. His speech was canceled due to violent protesters, but it's not a free speech issue that his supports love to complain about and continue to support him.

Wrong on both counts.
    I honestly don't see how people can laugh at some of the MSM (aka lul fake news) complaining about what happened today and then get mad when Milo isn't able to go do a speech or has his book canceled, saying free speech is dead.

This is you equating the two. I mean, fuck... do you even know what "Different sides of the same coin" means?

They are FAR from equal, and one actually IS a concern of free speech considering Milo's gotta go around wearin' fucking kevlar to these things now just 'cause people are willing to go that far to silence him.

Wrong on both counts.
    I honestly don't see how people can laugh at some of the MSM (aka lul fake news) complaining about what happened today and then get mad when Milo isn't able to go do a speech or has his book canceled, saying free speech is dead.

This is you equating the two. They are FAR from equal, and one actually IS a concern of free speech considering Milo's gotta go around wearin' fucking kevlar to these things now just 'cause people are willing to go that far to silence him.

Someone posted a link to the First Amendment earlier. How is his free speech rights being violated?

I don't like Milo despite all the dumb, troll shit he says, but he shouldn't be threatened either and has a right to his opinions, as shitty as I think they are. However, his freedom of speech has never been violated.
    ...by threatening his life if he speaks... that's a fucking violation of his freedom to speak. I don't see how that can be any clearer. :bluu:

• TyphlosionTyphlosion Russian Hacker Joined: Posts: 1,082
    ...by threatening his life if he speaks... that's a fucking violation of his freedom to speak. I don't see how that can be any clearer. :bluu:

It's technically not a violation of his freedom to speak but it is against the law. The threat of violence isn't violence.

It's technically not a violation of his freedom to speak but it is against the law. The threat of violence isn't violence.

So, I could be holding a gun at your face, tell you if you go speak, I will shoot you... you think that's a-ok in regards to the 1st amendment? :confused:

I mean, what you're saying here is that short of dying, your freedom of speech can never be violated. I'm gonna go out on a limb here :rolleyes: but I'm pretty certain that the founding fathers had this very intention behind the 1st fucking amendment.

I had no idea the government was out to kill/imprison Milo because of his opinions. Someone should report about this!

This has been previously discussed in the thread however, so I won't post too much more about it. I don't understand why you're tagging the reply as off-topic when it was a segue way discussion from a related topic that you contributed to.

So, I could be holding a gun at your face, tell you if you go speak, I will shoot you... you think that's a-ok in regards to the 1st amendment? :confused:

I mean, what you're saying here is that short of dying, your freedom of speech can never be violated. I'm gonna go out on a limb here :rolleyes: but I'm pretty certain that the founding fathers had this very intention behind the 1st fucking amendment.

No that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that threatening violence on someone if they do or don't do something isn't a violation of free speech but it would be a violation of another right. Just like if I say I'm going to steal something from you I'm not threatening your right to possess that item.
  • dodgers2213dodgers2213 Joined: Posts: 3,028
    Steam- Dodgers2213
    PS4-- Dodgers2213

No that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that threatening violence on someone if they do or don't do something isn't a violation of free speech but it would be a violation of another right. Just like if I say I'm going to steal something from you I'm not threatening your right to possess that item.

And by that definition, nothing short of dying would actually violate your freedom of speech. That's asinine and hardly the intent by the founding fathers who wrote into the constitution that all people have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That alone implies that every amendment that follows must still follow that mandate above all others. To say that the threat to one's life over their freedom to speak isn't a violation of their freedom to speak is laughable at best.

edited February 25

And by that definition, nothing short of dying would actually violate your freedom of speech. That's asinine and hardly the intent by the founding fathers who wrote into the constitution that all people have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That alone implies that every amendment that follows must still follow that mandate above all others. To say that the threat to one's life over their freedom to speak isn't a violation of their freedom to speak is laughable at best.

You should try getting into the supreme court. Killing someone because they want to speak isn't a violation of their right to speak, it's a violation of their right to live. In fact threats of violence for anything are actually legal in the United States as long as they aren't imminent, specific or the person can reasonably say a fear for their life is justified. So someone could go to a Milo rally and have a sign that says DEATH TO ALL F*** and guess what, that's legal.
    A better more specific example would be having a sign while someone is protesting that says DEATH TO MILO AND ANY CONSERVATIVE WHO SPEAKS and that would still be legal. That's why you can get people in yahoo comments and youtube saying shit like "Obummer needs to be hanged." and they aren't in jail.

https://www.oyez.org/cases/1968/492
    Post edited by Typhlosion on
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,366
    Not getting invited to something isn't violation of the first amendment. As usual, the media keeps poking the bear and acts surprised when it wakes up.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,402
    If I knew the public wasn't interested in talking, I wouldn't be holding town halls either. It would be a waste of time in the end :coffee:
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Reticently wrote: »

........................."Prison Stocks"? :wtf: This is for real?

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
    "Stock" is a financial term, yes :coffee:

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,091
    Private prisons are businesses.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,427
    And there went the other shoe.

Can't wait for the feds to invade Chicago.

Next will be one of New Orleans, Detroit, or Baltimore.

And it'll be niggas of course. Good luck telling the police/feds you ain't part of the problem and that you just got dealt the shitty hand of living/born there. You are who they say you are.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,427
    It was a fun couple of weeks watching everyone else (everyone who wasnt already American and in America) get buttfucked, but it'll come back around to handing black folk's L's again.

It always does.

Like. Clockwork.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • TECH N9NETECH N9NE Joined: Posts: 43
    edited February 25
    Not getting invited to something isn't violation of the first amendment. As usual, the media keeps poking the bear and acts surprised when it wakes up.

Your joking right? This is literally the worst possible thing a President can do.
    Media that shared this story was Fox and why ... Its because they know this is the start of a bad series of events and if Trump ever finds them "fake" they are gone.
    You want transparency from your leader in just about any business known to man and this is odd you would try to justify it because so many of you love how open Trump is.
    When your leader is acting like worst of the worst of other world leaders who hold fake press conferences your on the wrong side of it all.

Look...
    I supported him to but I looked at reality and he is a bad person.
    I gave him a few chances and even came to his defense then I realized he won't change and I will not justify or defend stupid and erratic behavior.
    I had that small hope my Republican party knew something different about him but they don't.
    This is Trump and he is not going to change and if the Republican party put our personal wants aside we would be wise to take one for the country and go to relieve this psycho from office as soon as possible.

Jump off the ship now before it crashes and burns which it will at one point.
    You think Trump lasts 4 years your living in imagination land and if you think 8 your in something even worse like denial of reality or something truly disturbing like that.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What tricky wording, it said they weren't aware of discrimination, which does not mean discrimination wasn't taking place. It said some of the records showed that there was discrimination based on race? Exactly how is this tricky wording?
    because they are trying to gloss over the whole HEARSAY aspect of it. who did they interview and what makes them reliable?

interviewer: "sir, you were told not to apply for a Trump residence- i mean let's disregard that in the 70s Americans didn't have FICO scores or other widely used reliable methods of checking if you are a safe and responsible renter that pays their debts on time- but why do you think he didn't rent to you?"

angelpalm: "OBVIOUSLY BECAUSE I'M BLACK. I'M BLACK AND I DON'T LIKE WHITE PEOPLE. THEY ARE ALL RACIST. DONALD TRUMP IS A RACIST."

Huffington Post Headline: DONALD TRUMP PUSHED BLM LEADER OUT OF 2ND STORY WINDOW IN HIS APARTMENT BUILDING FOR "SOILING HIS KLAN ROBE WITH HIS 'BLACKNESS' EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW"

angelpalm: HE SAID TO ME HE'D NEVER RENT TO A BLACK. WHEN WAS LEAVING I ACCIDENTALLY BUMPED INTO HIM AND HE GOT MAD. HE SAID I GOT MY BLACK ON HIM. I TOLD HIM IT DOESN'T RUB OFF BUT HE PUSHED ME ANYWAY. I FELL THROUGH THE LIGHT AWNING. I HIT THE PAVEMENT SO HARD MY SHOES FLEW OFF. I'LL SAY ANYTHING IF A WHITE PERSON GOES DOWN FOR IT. I HATE YOU DEVILS. DONALD TRUMP THREW AN AFRO PICK AT ME MY HAIR ISN'T EVEN LONG ENOUGH FOR IT YET

Typhlosion: that's bullshit, but i believe it.
    There's no trap here, I note I never said that it was impossible for black people to start businesses but that it was significantly harder for them to. You give an example of a community coming together to start a business but once again it's harder for black people to do this because they don't usually have the wealth to do this. This was never about particular black black people never being able to find success, I'm just trying to make the argument that it's usually harder for people who are poor and minorities to start a business no that it's impossible. The damage done to black communities has had a long lasting effect and the deck is stacked against them.
    Spud Webb had a harder time getting into the NBA than Yao Ming did. the world is not fair, everybody is born with advantages and disadvantages but if you work hard great things will happen.
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
    NBC should hire Helen Lovejoy.

• pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    Manx wrote: »
    pedoviejo wrote: »
    Weeds fucking degenerate, and becomes a serious problem for people who smoke it regularly. I still rather not have tax payer money being thrown to house morons for smoking pot. Let em waste their lives working minimum wage woth no access to benifits. Its cheaper and more humane.

Wait, wut? :confused:

Weed is degenerate and chtonic smokers become charictetures
    I remember Pedo spending like multiple months, close to a year updating us on his progress with making Wax, now he wants to tell us Pot is evil?

Fuck off.

Pot isnt evil dude. Pot is degenerate because of the behavioral chamges chronic smokers experience. People think weed is this drug is free, and thats free and has no impact. Thats bullshit, its as degenerate as any substance, amd demands respect.

I also find it hilarious how people get butthurt when somebody criticizes marijuana. Secondly, i dont smoke or havent smoked weed since years before i was making wax.

@manx

I dont think marijuana should br landing people in jail. Its a waste of tax payer money, even with the long twrm affects. Its easier to let those people smoke all day and deny thrm access to welfare and keeping them working minimum wage jobs.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,800
    Starhammer wrote: »
    You want to know why the White House kicked them out? Because of shit like this.

-Starhammer-

And stuff like this:

Like, did she not realize what she said on air?
  • ManxManx Something is wrong... Joined: Posts: 22,400 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Trump is da man!

:tup:
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
  • VASagaVASaga Not Yet Strange! Let Them Wait Joined: Posts: 1,607
    Xvideos wrote: »

Comment disabled, 58% thumbs down

Dis bitch aint dead yet? jesus
    "I must have ascended to a higher plane of thinking than most because I play Dr Strange"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file