The American Government Thread: Closed for 5 days and the World went crazy.

1430431433435436592

Comments

  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,313
    Same question I asked in the Lounge?

    Why are we just now hearing about Russians being at the GOP convention?

    If the Russians are as big a threat to democracy as the media wants us to believe, then why didn't the government step in sooner?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • PoptechPoptech Joined: Posts: 10
    Reticently wrote: »
    Poptech wrote: »
    Reticently wrote: »
    Poptech wrote: »
    I correct misinformation when it shows up. How are you affiliated with this site? Do you own this site? Does this site piggy back on the already established Street Fighter series without having to establish their own value?

    Wow, what an utterly transparent and clumsy way to dodge answering questions! Me, I'm just a long-time enthusiast of the material this site is broadly dedicated to, rather than a shill foisting my insipid pedantry on disinterested parties in a bald-faced attempt to make a buck. How about you?
    Trying to smear me as a shill does not help your argument. I am confused who exactly is trying to make money and how is this money being made?
    Reticently wrote: »
    Poptech wrote: »
    What exactly am I monetizing and how is this occuring? I play whatever video games I feel like but have no feelings towards pedantic video game issues.

    That's what I asked you, you haven't told us your answer. You are a brand new user to this site who registered under the name Poptech so you can repeatedly and almost exclusively inject mentions of a site called Popular Technology into a conversation where the site is almost entirely irrelevant. So either you have a monetary interest in the site, or are really passionate about doing charitable work on their behalf.
    It is not possible to give an answer to an illogical question. Why are you misrepresenting why I am here when it has already been clearly stated? I've already stated why I am here which has nothing to do with your conspiracy theories.
    Reticently wrote: »
    Poptech wrote: »
    That is not his main argument which is that the conclusions of Cook et al. (2013) are worthless and that scientific consensus is irrelevant to science.

    "Consensus is irrelevant in science. There are plenty of examples in history where everyone agreed and everyone was wrong." - Dr. Richard Tol

    Consensus is worthless in science as the search for truth, but it's enormously important to policy as it is informed by science. Which I might point out is what the conversation here is actually about.
    Policy formed by misinformation is very dangerous and since all current presentations of "consensus" are inaccurate then the only policy that can be implemented is one that acknowledges this truth.
    Reticently wrote: »
    Poptech wrote: »
    Anecdotal evidence is not a scientific argument.

    Let me know when all of the world's scientists have been polled.

    The fact that you think all of the world's scientists need to be polled in order to say anything about their opinions with confidence sounds like a gross ignorance of the field of statistics or the scientific method as it is actually practiced.

    Anecdotal evidence isn't a scientific argument, but claims that are contrary to the evidence of our senses demand more extraordinary proof than do claims that comport to them. Claiming that the preponderance of the scientists in the fields concerned with climate accept anthropogenic change comports to our senses. To the best of my knowledge, no one at all is making reputable claims that a majority of relevant scientists reject anthropogenesis.
    You appear more concerned with your preconceived conclusions than the actual truth. Without polling all of the world's scientists it is not possible to remove ideological biases from any sampling. All of the attempts at determining "consensus" in this debate have been shown to be either biased, misleading or inaccurate.

    Please provide the objective criteria for determining who are the "scientists in the fields concerned with climate."

    Please provide the objective criteria for determining who are "relevant scientists."


    You keep confusing your anecdotes and subjective opinion with what is possible to be known.

    Poll all of the world's scientists with questions acceptable to both sides of the debate and let me know what the results are.

    Your persistent prevarication in the face of questions asked to you leaves me bereft of interest in continuing to engage with you, so this will be my last effort addressing you directly. Someone else has spoiled us with the gist of those answers regardless.
    Please stop trying to smear me using pretentious prose simply because I do not hold your position on a scientific issue.
    Reticently wrote: »
    For the sake of completeness, and assuming you've discussed anything heretofore in good faith:

    Your arguments consist largely of obfuscation through spurious demands for arbitrary precision. Nirvana fallacy.

    If you poll all of the world's scientists what you have isn't a sample. It is a complete data set. Sampling it a methodology we use to make reasonable inferences from a representational subset when the complete set of data is unobtainable, as is the case for nearly any question in the real world worth addressing scientifically.
    Presenting what real consensus would represent is not obfuscation but englightenment. Consensus on any issue can be deduced to +50% agreement. In the Internet age polling to reach such a threshold is hardly impossible let alone a fallacy and does not require a complete data set. You are clearly content with your anecdotes and gut check feelings on a scientific issue, I and millions of others are not. The real problem here for adherents such as yourself is people learning about the actual obfuscation behind what the manufactured "97 consensus" talking point represents and thus the more questions they ask about the rest of the debate.
    Reticently wrote: »
    It isn't my job to "provide the objective criteria for determining who are the 'scientists in the fields concerned with climate.'" I could make a pretty reasonable stab at it, but having a complete knowledge of the specific fields with comprehensive understanding of climate science isn't MY field. I'd guess you'd probably come up with a list fairly similar to the one I would come up with, were you to attempt it in good faith. Better though would be for you to ask a climatologist.
    Nice deflection but you made broad claims that cannot be supported objectively.

    Please provide the objective criteria for determining who is a "climatologist."
    Reticently wrote: »
    You seem to think something I've said confuses anecdote for data, or the subjective for the objective. That would be a failure of comprehension on your part.
    I have confused nothing because the questions I asked cannot be answered objectively.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,004 mod
    You didnt answer my question.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

    "Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    Where was all this crying with hillary.

    Oh ill wait.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

    Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,496
    There was tons of crying for hilary to be investigated and they did investigate her

    In order to build a case you have to wait for the other party to fuck it all up

    Sessions blew himself up and only has himself to blame

    We are now seeing people fess up to avoid shit like this

    Eventually the person compromised will be way too much of a pillar that taking them out destroys the foundation

    It does suck to have a nation so divided, but it is great to see this piece of shit and the nuggets he surrounds himself with get flushed
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,249 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wasted wrote: »
    Egg on my face, Sessions has recused himself from any probe into Russia.

    http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2017/03/03/fbi-urged-to-investigate-us-attorney-general.html

    meh. Saved me the popcorn tho. I seriously thought they were going to debunk this shit again.
    Pertho wrote: »
    Cyntalan wrote: »
    Pertho wrote: »
    Cyntalan wrote: »
    Pertho wrote: »
    Calling hot dogs tacos is like calling smash a fighting game.

    If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... :coffee:

    Explain that to the swan.

    That'd definitely make them both birds. :coffee:

    See this is why we can't take smash players seriously. First a duck is a duck if its quack; you give them an example that proves them wrong and they move the goal post over to birds. At this point you're gonna argue for common ancestors.

    A Gyro is closer to a taco than a hotdog is and Mark Levin brought up a good point during his show: Just why the fuck is it that so many random people in Trump side were getting investigated?

    Why? Because Trump is literally HITLER and that means anybody that works with him is a NAZI!!!! [/SJW auto-response mode]

    -Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

    AV by Rick Ross.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,496
    Duterte compared himself to Hitler in a positive way

    I fucking hate how the us and pi are being ran
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    dab00g wrote: »
    There was tons of crying for hilary to be investigated and they did investigate her

    In order to build a case you have to wait for the other party to fuck it all up

    Sessions blew himself up and only has himself to blame

    We are now seeing people fess up to avoid shit like this

    Eventually the person compromised will be way too much of a pillar that taking them out destroys the foundation

    It does suck to have a nation so divided, but it is great to see this piece of shit and the nuggets he surrounds himself with get flushed

    Blew himself up how?

    He didnt approach the russians or meet them, they came to him because he was part of the arm commitie.

    Just like flynn, the deep state purposely released classified records to purposely damage the new administration amd push their agenda. Remeber when i said why was nobody outraged that a high ranking dnc memeber withjn the dnc was leakjng info, using a government program that is unconstitutional to begin with to push a political agenda?

    And some of you losers said nah?

    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/01/us/politics/obama-trump-russia-election-hacking.html?_r=0&referer=

    Well this fucking loser obezzy did. He not only authorized the collection of data, he purposely leaked it, even if it was classified amd let people have access to the information, all based on the assumption that something could happen. There is no proof or evidence of what happened other than a meeting happened.

    This fucking chump purposely used government agency to sabotage a political opponent, and you fucking morons are crying about, trump is so mean and dividing the nation when this fucking duffus just set the bar and made it acceptable to sabotage political opponents with government agency and ebough hersay to scare people into new foems of mcCarthyism?

    The country is divided because for the last 25 years, the left has villified the right. They made fun of them and attacked them at every oppurtunity. Even bill maher addmitted that this has been a problem for the left leaning media outlets. Literally every election cycle its, some old white racist dude is out to take your hard earned gibe me dats!

    They dont even know who the fuck is who in ruasia and throw the term agent and intelligence official around because, hey, once a guy, always a guy!

    Keep crying about a divided nation, which is only gonna get more divided because the left has purposely chosen what laws should and shouldnt be followed. Congrats for setting the precedence for all future administrations where they can chose what laws to follow and can sabotage political opponents at will.

    ______________________________________________________________________________

    Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,496
    You swear like all this shit trump is doing destroying the environment and de-regulating the big banks is good shit

    Like come on my dude
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,496
    Shit on trump for using her as a talking point

    Don't shit on her

    But trump got beef with the dad
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,877
    Yeah he was a DNC Volunteer, but he lost his day job, too.

    Fuck him.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,877
    dab00g wrote: »
    Shit on trump for using her as a talking point

    There's no reason to shit on him for including them in the speech. It's the least she deserves given it was his first mission authorised as President.

    It can be both a genuine gesture and a way to try and look good.

    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,229
    edited March 3
    The volunteer guy didn't even address her by her name. He denies her agency and only sees her as an extension of her husband or something. Is he really in the position to act like he knows what's best for her when he doesn't even care to get her name right?
    Post edited by Xvideos on
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    dab00g wrote: »
    You swear like all this shit trump is doing destroying the environment and de-regulating the big banks is good shit

    Like come on my dude

    I'm not, but

    Epa deregulation ia to lower energy prices. Idk if you where ever poor or know what it is to be poor, or have parents whose livelihood depended on cheap fuel, but lower energy prices correlate directly to more money for people.

    Remeber 05-06 where fuel jumped a few dollars? There was a contraction in the market and people where not only buying less, they where traveling less, amd buying leas food because food got more expensive.

    It happened here, and you just saw it in mexico with the whole gasolinazo scandal where fuel doubled. You want to help poor people, give them cheap plentiful energy. Epa can hold that fucking L when it comes down to either letting keep their ever increasing regulations that only make everything else more expensive, or helping poor people out with energy. We already had enough regulations in the books by now that we don't need more, especially to push technologies with sever enviormental impact like solar and electric cars.

    Bow is there bullshit with the roll backs regarding other aspects of the epa? Yes, i like that we arent china, but what we need to understand is that if we keep going the green route before the technogy cam stand on its own in conjunction with nuclear, we will have to subsidize everything just to afford something as basic and integral as energy. There is little to no balance in the energy sector or things are done here in the US. Iirc, germany subsidizes energy for about 25 percent of their citizens during winter on top of already hemoragging money for their failed solar policy, and we had did with the solar bubble that only benifted china.

    As for the bank stuff? That's total bullshit, and banks have consitently shown that they need their hands to be held at every turn
    ______________________________________________________________________________

    Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,496
    That is what is bothering me the most is the kowtowing to big business
  • Aqua SnakeAqua Snake Never Outskilled... Joined: Posts: 1,325
    He did say back during the Senate hearings that he would step back for the most part if his involvement with the Campaign came into question thus the Recusal (Doesn't mean an admission of guilt).

    He doesn't appear to be resigning. Based on the direction the wind is blowing, unless something else major comes out, he will still be Attorney General.
  • dodgers2213dodgers2213 Joined: Posts: 3,028
    edited March 3
    it's asinine because there's been months and months of disavowing this Russian conspiracy. Loony leftists and the fake media are the only ones bringing it up


    EDIT: And the last handful of failing New York Time subscribers here on SRK
    Post edited by dodgers2213 on
    Steam- Dodgers2213
    PS4-- Dodgers2213
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,249 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    it's asinine because there's been months and months of disavowing this Russian conspiracy. Loony leftists and the fake media are the only ones bringing it up

    If you keep saying,"The Russians did it!" sooner or later, there will be a Russian doing something and you'll be vindicated. In the same way that if I keep going, one day I will dunk on Jordan.


    Don't hold your breath though. That day isn't likely to come soon. Or ever.

    -Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

    AV by Rick Ross.
  • dodgers2213dodgers2213 Joined: Posts: 3,028
    edited March 3
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,074 admin
    Starhammer wrote: »
    it's asinine because there's been months and months of disavowing this Russian conspiracy. Loony leftists and the fake media are the only ones bringing it up
    If you keep saying,"The Russians did it!" sooner or later, there will be a Russian doing something and you'll be vindicated. In the same way that if I keep going, one day I will dunk on Jordan.

    Don't hold your breath though. That day isn't likely to come soon. Or ever.
    I've dunked on a (future) NBA player before, but I'd like to thank the 9'6" hoops we were playing on. I think your best bet here is to find a cute girl named Jordan and ask her to play a "friendly" game of basketball with you and then posterize her.

    I agree with your general premise, though. It seems unlikely that something significant occurred in that arena. But if the GOP wants to stonewall and pretend that absolutely zero occurred, they're going to look like fools if even something small happened - as has been happening. I think the problem is that the current abusive standard of "investigation" is crazed, and the GOP doesn't want to get the same treatment they've been giving out. Sigh.

    http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

  • TECH N9NETECH N9NE Joined: Posts: 43
    nbcnews.com/pop-culture/celebrity/patrick-stewart-i-m-becoming-american-fight-trump-n728591

    The Dems got Professor X.
    it's asinine because there's been months and months of disavowing this Russian conspiracy. Loony leftists and the fake media are the only ones bringing it up


    Its not "fake" media its people like you.
    Its the "fake" president and his constant bullshit that you morons keep defending.

    Stop going off Info Wars and Trumps tweets as your only source of info.

    You want to blame people for finding truth that hurt your feelings and brings you closer to reality.
    If it was just a made up story it would of went away already right?.
    But lets blame everyone else other than Trump.
    They on that constant shaggy defense "it wasn't me".
    Unless its good then he takes full 100% credit even if he didn't have much to do with it.

    But you can post his Tweet trying to be vindictive and defer attention.
    Love your logical way of thinking!
    Starhammer wrote: »

    If you keep saying,"The Russians did it!"

    If you keep saying,"Trump didn't/doesn't do anything wrong!" soon like every 24 hours he will do something and you'll go back to having to defend the person in the wrong by trying to pass the blame to the people calling them out. Sad!

    huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-chuck-schumer-russia_us_58b9b656e4b05cf0f40060d4
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,321 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Preppy wrote: »
    Manx wrote: »
    @Preppy I'm confused. How did Maxx get involved in all of this?



    Maxx is part of the international taco lobby.

    see this is why we didnt let you in.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,877
    edited March 4
    He works for Alex Jones, I don't think he exactly needs the YouTube money.

    He's still right, though. Sessions only fucked up by saying he never met the Russians - there's no evidence of any wrongdoing in the meetings themselves.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,800
    edited March 4
    i like Poptech's moxie. he'll fit in here nicely.


    Rowdy Gowdy about to wreck shop



    fast forward to 4:55

    I'm really surprised to see Trey slip like that at the end of that video. The guy knows that the Washing Post and New York Times are just CIA puppets whose goal is to sabotage Trump and Trey goes and says they are basically worthless as sources. I thought Trey would be more careful and not drop names.

    Poptech wrote: »
    Again you have a reading comprehension problem. You falsely stated that the "page" I linked to claimed a low of 52% for consensus. The "page" I linked to makes no such argument, as it makes no argument that a consensus even exists.
    He doesn't have a reading comprehension problem, he deliberately misinterprets for his own agenda, just like Typhlosion. You should keep that in mind when posting on these forums. @Poptech
This discussion has been closed.