The American Government Thread: We have many subs, hidden subs, the Best subs

Comments

• odinodin the final solution Joined: Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,454
    edited May 19
    Cyntalan wrote: »
    I can't say what Biden did in his 8 years other than be in the camera.

Medical research reform, and a bunch of other low visibility stuff.
  • CyntalanCyntalan HERE COMES THE STAPLER!!!! Joined: Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Reticently wrote: »
    Cyntalan wrote: »
    I can't say what Biden did in his 8 years other than be in the camera.

Medical research reform, and a bunch of other low visibility stuff.

That's kind of my point. Dude was all but forgotten in his 8 years.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 19,506
    Darksakul wrote: »
    I learned today that Trump puts Ketchup on his steak.

IMPEACH, IMPEACH, IMPEACH!!!

I can see A1 sauce or Worcheshire sauce, Gravy, and the classic Mushrooms and Onions, but ketchup?

A good steak needs none of these things, but I can over look A1, Worcheshire sauce, and Gravy as they are all designed to complement a steak.
    Mushroom and Onions is legit as it makes it a different kind of meal, especially if that steak is cooked in Mushrooms and onions.

But Ketchup? WTF?! Not just a social taboo, but you ruined the experience.
    Trump you are never allowed to be a connoisseur of anything, ever again.

Gets worse

On extremely well done steak

LIKe come on
  • Captain RyuCaptain Ryu Scoot Magee Joined: Posts: 1,310
    High heat on a cast iron, 2 minutes on each side, salt/pepper and butter. I'm drooling now.
    CFN ScootMagee
    The more this was pushed the more likely dude would have lost
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 23,658 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I never use butter. I never understood why anyone would.
    This is offensive.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I don't know if ParryAll watches his own videos because the video he linked doesn't even address what happened with Charter, but rather the issues Netflix had with Comcast and Verizon. The guy in the video is completely biased and spooked by Obama and any form of government regulation. The video is two years old and all the fears he hyped up in the video never happened. Furthermore, his statement of "US internet speeds being better than Europe" is completely misleading/false/ignorant. US internet prices are extremely inflated at cost to speed ratios compared to many other first world countries, many that include Europe. IIRC the US doesn't even rank in the top 20 nations in terms of internet service. I also like how ParryAll deflected the Netflix case by saying "lol Netflix sux anyways" as if it had anything to do with net neutrality.
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,497
    Raz0r wrote: »

Helps the outside of the steak taste good and have a nice color

this is why you order the steak with the most fat possible.

Plebs
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • Captain RyuCaptain Ryu Scoot Magee Joined: Posts: 1,310
    edited May 19
    pedoviejo wrote: »

Plebs

And add butter. You can even rub it down in olive oil.
    CFN ScootMagee

Plebs

i use olive oil to ensure a uniform and consitent layer of salt, pepper, garlic on the outside. BUt butter on top of my steak? This is why opt for the real deal and get the fattest steak.

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,276

Plebs

i use olive oil to ensure a uniform and consitent layer of salt, pepper, garlic on the outside. BUt butter on top of my steak? This is why opt for the real deal and get the fattest steak.

If you havent put button on a steak, you're doing something wrong
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,766 admin
    ^-- sounds crunchy

what I do put on my tofu to make it taste good

anybody got any good tofu recipes

i feel left out here

Trump, political grandmaster.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

Cooking steaks in butter is godlike.
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,127
    Preppy wrote: »
    ^-- sounds crunchy

i feel left out here

I try to avoid tofu and soy products unless they are made with fermented soy. Don't care for the antinutrients found in unfermented soy.

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • TyphlosionTyphlosion Russian Hacker Joined: Posts: 1,071
    ^-- sounds crunchy

i feel left out here

Obstruction of JUSTICE.
  • mr_punkmr_punk Joined: Posts: 515
    edited May 19
    dab00g wrote: »
    At this point dude is creating his own whirlwind of shit
    and that's the way he likes it. there's a funny article that just came out detailing how comey tried to establish some professional boundaries between the fbi and the WH. obviously, trump didn't get the message comey isn't a part of team trump because he's trump and doesn't know the meaning of the word boundaries, self-control, anger managment, etc, etc. in another article, trump tells russian officials,“I just fired the head of the FBI. He was crazy, a real nut job.” “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”.comeon.pngthe comments were documented and confirmed by the WH. really? lol..trump stans! who made trump shoot himself in the foot this time? the media or his subordinates?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/us/politics/james-comey-memo-fbi-trump.html?_r=0
    edit: preppy beat me to it.
    Femto wrote: »
    Wait so the Net Neutrality bill is passed through all the phases it needs to pass? Or is it just that much closer?
    let's just say the work has just begun and the issue isn't close to being settled. also, it's not a bill. congress haven't weighed in on the matter with legislation, but that could change (although, it would probably get killed in the senate). the fcc has regulatory control over ISPs. the fcc voted to propose a new review of the rules regulating ISPs and the goal is to loosen the regulations on the industry. changes which are expected to be challenged in the courts by the deep pocket proponents of NN.
    Reticently wrote: »
    Where are you going to turn when your ISP eventually gets around to blocking YouTube videos with political opinions that are contrary to its own?
    sabu.pngit would be a disaster for some posters in this thread if they had to articulate a cogent argument instead of a video with some obscure, tin-foiled hack. OTOH, the entertainment value would go even higher.
    I learned today that Trump puts Ketchup on his steak.
    i did not know that and it'shhh4.pngrevolting
    I also learned Trump order's his steak WELL DONE.
    i knew that and it'sscust.pngdisgusting
    Typhlosion wrote: »
    Obstruction of JUSTICE.
    good luck getting an indictment on trump. OTOH, i would be very worried about the special counsel if i were an trump subordinate. mueller has the authority to bring charges against anyone (including the VP) except the president.

• StarhammerStarhammer The failings of this world fills me with laughter. Joined: Posts: 19,503 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I also learned Trump order's his steak WELL DONE.

Hang him.

I mean Hang Darksakul. I wanted to do that joke. :sad:

-Starhammer-
    Million wrote: »
    Personally, it warms my heart to see them all suffer for their poor choices. You like the Chris Brown types? How's that occasional domestic violence taste? It's fun learning how to "take a bump" like a WWE superstar, isn't it? Yeah get beat you worthless trash. Get shit on. I want to see you bitches crash and burn forever. It's like I can smell the fragrance of their ruined lives... it fuels the soul.
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?
    mIRC wrote: »
    Julia Stiles came flying out of the womb into the wall. The fuck are you talking about? The doctors had to scrape her off of the wall. Some people merely adopted the wall. She was born in it, molded by it. Pink Floyd made an album prophesizing her birth.

AV by Rick Ross.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Sea horses FOREVA Joined: Posts: 5,518
    Who eats steaks? Vegetarian master race.

non-steak related:
    Wait so the Net Neutrality bill is passed through all the phases it needs to pass? Or is it just that much closer?
    Just much much closer. bbc article

parryall randomness:
    ParryAll wrote: »
    Literally every single thing you have posted as "groundbreaking" I have proven to be a lie or out of context or later was contradicted or like this where its stupid for you to go along with it.
    You keep saying things like "EVERYTHING YOU POSTED I DEBUNKED I AM GOD" you do this every post, yet you haven't, at all.
    pot kettle?
    Peter Schweitzer is the man,
    Because he appeals to your prejudice or because he's awesome? I'm not interested in your answer, but it would be good for you to think about.
    I love this I love how a man of high credibilities countless hours of research, writing a book creating a documentary, I love how you can just brush that aside without even watching it because "I'm Preppy I'm a moderator on an old message board for fans of Street Fighter".
    Of course you have no clue of my knowledge here but please speak to it. :rolleyes:

Maybe just don't talk when you don't know what you're talking about?
    If someone made a documentary on Trump or whomever, that painted him in a bad light, I'd watch it.
    and respond to it how... ?
    The Clinton Foundation is a way to illegally funnel foreign money which would otherwise be illegal for an American politician to do, and that's the tip of the iceberg.
    Wait, it's illegal but would otherwise be illegal? u wot m8? Pick one. Try to factor in the reality of what has happened with these publicized allegations.

I think any political student is pretty aware of the character assassination of the Clintons, flawed and human people, that has been ongoing for something like three decades now. If there are crimes, convict them of those crimes. If there are not crimes, if the Clintons are walking the streets as free citizens, then I would politely suggest you're suckling at the teat of biased propaganda and might want to step back.

This is Trump's hour. There's already a lot to talk about currently rather than needing to distract with old books attacking political opponents.
    I spell obezzy (obama) on purpose like that
    I'm impressed to learn that you spell anything on purpose. :tup:

vegan master race... vegetarians are merely high ranked
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    @Davidstar

Necrotrophic here needs be told of the famous art of semi-veganism. Will you care to share your wisdom? :bgrin:

Plebs

I'm not doing anything. a quick google search brings nothing
    ^-- sounds crunchy

i feel left out here

cut your tofu and leave it out for 30 min outside so it dries a bit, add salt and pepper, fry in meduim high heat so outside is crunchy and inside is still soft. Eat with Pad Thai, Stir Fry, Eggrolls
    ^-- sounds crunchy

i feel left out here

I try to avoid tofu and soy products unless they are made with fermented soy. Don't care for the antinutrients found in unfermented soy.

i avoid as much tofu and soy becasue soy increases estrogen levels. shame asian food is pretty good, I especially love pad see ew.

non-steak related:

parryall randomness:
    Literally every single thing you have posted as "groundbreaking" I have proven to be a lie or out of context or later was contradicted or like this where its stupid for you to go along with it.
    You keep saying things like "EVERYTHING YOU POSTED I DEBUNKED I AM GOD" you do this every post, yet you haven't, at all.
    pot kettle?
    Because he appeals to your prejudice or because he's awesome? I'm not interested in your answer, but it would be good for you to think about.
    I love this I love how a man of high credibilities countless hours of research, writing a book creating a documentary, I love how you can just brush that aside without even watching it because "I'm Preppy I'm a moderator on an old message board for fans of Street Fighter".
    Of course you have no clue of my knowledge here but please speak to it. :rolleyes:

If someone made a documentary on Trump or whomever, that painted him in a bad light, I'd watch it.
    The Clinton Foundation is a way to illegally funnel foreign money which would otherwise be illegal for an American politician to do, and that's the tip of the iceberg.
    Wait, it's illegal but would otherwise be illegal? u wot m8? Pick one. Try to factor in the reality of what has happened with these publicized allegations.

I think any political student is pretty aware of the character assassination of the Clintons, flawed and human people, that has been ongoing for something like three decades now. If there are crimes, convict them of those crimes. If there are not crimes, if the Clintons are walking the streets as free citizens, then I would politely suggest you're suckling at the teat of biased propaganda and might want to step back.

This is Trump's hour. There's already a lot to talk about currently rather than needing to distract with old books attacking political opponents.

this explains so much.

Plebs

I'm not doing anything. a quick google search brings nothing
    ^-- sounds crunchy

i feel left out here

cut your tofu and leave it out for 30 min outside so it dries a bit, add salt and pepper, fry in meduim high heat so outside is crunchy and inside is still soft. Eat with Pad Thai, Stir Fry, Eggrolls
    ^-- sounds crunchy

i feel left out here

i avoid as much tofu and soy becasue soy increases estrogen levels. shame asian food is pretty good, I especially love pad see ew.

non-steak related:

parryall randomness:
    pot kettle?

this explains so much.

I agree. The lack of dietary estrogen really helps my mental faculties. ;)
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    edited May 20
    is vegan
    has incredibly left leaning outlooks

it writes itself, I still marginally care for you bro, its OK

it's not that I'm left wing its just that im not right wing. other than that i don't really have any attachments to any way of thinking, that goes well beyond politics.

btw if you're worried about hormones from soy, you should avoid meat and dairy because those hormones actually work on animal life (including humans obviously)
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,766 admin

So uh. Kushner a 'significant person of interest'?

This is like watching a train wreck happen in slow motion. It'll be interesting to see what shakes out here.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

• WallachWallach Joined: Posts: 195
    edited May 20
    So uh. Kushner a 'significant person of interest'?

apple doesn't fall far from the tree

maybe they'll give him his pops' old bunk
  • BR3N7BR3N7 The Private Investigator! Joined: Posts: 1,794
    I love hate radio and Fox News being like everyone hates Trump and this Russia/Trump is all thats talked about and we should be talking about what he is actually doing to MAGA.

After listening I was like sure why not we need a break from this serious shit, here is Trumps last 20 days:

Trumps wants to go nuclear on healthcare and fuck millions....
    ummm he gave a speech?

I got nothing, pretty much 100+ days of nothing outside getting a shitty Healthcare bill to pass that required a 2nd try and didn't even get all Republicans to approve Sad!. WAIT he gave money to NASA and donated him earnings?. Don't need Parry and like being like you forgot about that.

I am just going to say it I think Trump wants it this way because as long as the country is in a constant state of chaos (90% by him, and I am low balling to be fair) and in divide no one talks about his lack of accomplishments just people defending him and others proving false so many dumb stories and of course the serious Russia allegations.

Unless Trump or 50% his supporters decide to change course his fate is all but sealed. They should be rejecting their own "cake mewz" and demanding he do what he promised and stop blaming everyone else and calling them the enemy. For 8 years Obama had a alt-right constantly lying about him and he ignored them and went about his business and didn't blame Bush everyday when he really inherited a mess from Bush, but Trump reminds of me of the movie Jay and Silent bob Strikes back and just wants to get revenge on internet Trolls.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,929
    Sweet, you have Psionic abilities
    Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 859
    edited May 20

And its always YUUUUUUGE
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,929
    I like to say Option 0, but you know he never fit.
    Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.
  • BR3N7BR3N7 The Private Investigator! Joined: Posts: 1,794
    edited May 20
    More news on the Seth Rich fabrication:

nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/slain-dnc-staffer-s-family-orders-blabbing-detective-cease-desist-n762211

Good for them! Worst part is how more is coming to light like how Rich's family only hired Wheeler on the urging of a Dallas financial adviser and Fox News regular named Ed Butowsky, who offered to cover Wheeler's fees.

Essentially they took a handout from someone after losing their son in a tragic manner and that person was just using them trying to create a "cake mewz" story and tarnish their sons name. This really is truly disgusting.

• Dime_xDime_x Wasting time Joined: Posts: 9,506
    edited May 20

[qu]David C. Gomez, a former FBI assistant special agent in charge, said Trump’s comments demonstrated a profound inability to grasp the potential consequences of his words.

“In terms of potential criminal activity, it’s amateur night at the White House,” Gomez told The Daily Beast. “These guys—and Trump especially—don’t know how to not implicate themselves.

“On a big case like this, the ideal thing would be a wiretap on your number one subject
    ,” Gomez added. “But in this case, you don’t need a wiretap. He just comes right out and says it.”

literally talking about wiretapping THE PRESIDENT, then in the same breath talks about a moron implicating himself.

The fucking irony here.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    Would it surprise anybody if Comey was wearing a wire during his meetings with trump?

G-men are g-men for a reason
    Dime_x wrote: »

[qu]David C. Gomez, a former FBI assistant special agent in charge, said Trump’s comments demonstrated a profound inability to grasp the potential consequences of his words.

“In terms of potential criminal activity, it’s amateur night at the White House,” Gomez told The Daily Beast. “These guys—and Trump especially—don’t know how to not implicate themselves.

“On a big case like this, the ideal thing would be a wiretap on your number one subject
    ,” Gomez added. “But in this case, you don’t need a wiretap. He just comes right out and says it.”

literally talking about wiretapping THE PRESIDENT, then in the same breath talks about a moron implicating himself.

The fucking irony here.

Deep state just doesnt give a shit.

Has anybody boticed how trumo isnt distancing himself from the russians when accised of collusion. When previous politicians accused if something, and where lying, would distanxe themselves from the subject as much as possible?