The Ameяican Government Thread

1598599601603604655

Comments

  • odinodin rose of mayyyy Joined: Posts: 15,711 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,125 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm not stressed I'm just over SH posting this bullshit like it's all 100% real. Nothing but angry dudes who can't get laid screaming into a camera and other losers backing them up.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,350 admin
    edited October 4
    Wasted wrote: »

    Hmm, I can't spin this as Trump being incompetent/racist. Probably fake news then.
    It's pretty easy to spin that as Trump being incompetent, as it was indeed Trump being incompetent:

    Puerto Rico bonds collapse after Trump says its debt needs to be wiped out

    plus he was full of shit according to his people:
    White House quickly walks back Trump’s unexpected vow to wipe out Puerto Rico’s debt

    So not only was it bullshit, he fucked over a lot of people by making stupid statements. :sad:

    Trump is a historically suck-ass President.

    http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 1,196
    Someone took a dump on Raz0r's birthday cake. And the stripper that was in it.

    That's a delicacy in Japan

  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,585
    edited October 5



    can't believe this idiot actually thought it was a good idea to deliver paper rolls in that fashion. Does he understand people are in a crisis?
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,172
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I'm not stressed I'm just over SH posting this bullshit like it's all 100% real. Nothing but angry dudes who can't get laid screaming into a camera and other losers backing them up.

    Don't forget the self hating cooniness of it all
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 5



    can't believe this idiot actually thought it was a good idea to deliver paper rolls in that fashion. Does he understand people are in a crisis?

    :rofl: I'm fairly sure that by now Trump is doing it on purpose.

    Trump does something provocative on camera, Media screams and flings turds at it, Trump sneaks in some piece of legislature under the radar while the media obscures the view of politics that they would've been reporting on if they hadn't given in to the hate, Alt media finds out and reports the things that got done, and popcorn, beer, and other related snacks and beverages continue to sell well.

    It is my belief that Trump is a graduate of the Kanye West school of social trolling.

    -Starhammer-
    Post edited by Starhammer on
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

    AV by Rick Ross.
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 5
    DAMN. ANOTHER double post? :wtf:

    -Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

    AV by Rick Ross.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,125 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I guess you put me on ignore after I shit on your dumbass posts. Makes sense. Easier to ignore than to combat the facts.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 5
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I guess you put me on ignore after I shit on your dumbass posts. Makes sense. Easier to ignore than to combat the facts.

    EDIT: No, I put you on ignore around two or three months ago when you couldn't keep your Trump hate out of threads that it didn't belong in. If you need constant attention so badly get on Instagram with the rest of the THOTS.

    For right now You're off ignore. You may bring your facts at the time that is most convenient to you. Just remember that your room is still open if you need another time out. I won't even change the locks.

    -Starhammer-
    Post edited by Starhammer on
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

    AV by Rick Ross.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,073
    Starhammer wrote: »
    Here's one I didn't hear about until I saw it on Mark Dice's channel. Have a listen.



    -Starhammer-

    Very insightful. The fact that his shooting rampage was stopped by someone that had a concealed carry gun must really tick off the liberals... everything conservatives have said about white people not being the only ones able to commit crimes, and that if other people had guns they could do something about the mass shootings... comes true here.


    As for why they are raging in this thread, that's what happens in echo chambers. The disgusting thing about this echo chamber is that it came about via banning predominantly one side of the argument. Witness a guy being banned because "he didn't play fighting games" and was way to knowledgeable for these people to just be able to dismiss.

    And in other news, remember what I was saying about overreactions? Trump throwing paper towels into the crowd? Overreaction much? Fake news much?

    People see disrespectful towels being thrown into the crowd, I see people happily grabbing for those towels and trump trying to make a dismal situation less bleak with some humour.

    Who ever thought that one could use humour in tragic circumstances. Nope, the armed forces have never flown in comedians to tell jokes to lighten the battlefield mood while people are currently being KILLED on the battlefield...

    @Wasted

    That trump 2000 and trump 2017 quote dont necessarily contradict each other.

    One quote is talking about assault weapons, the other is talking about rifles. Assault weapons can be rifles but rifles are not necessarily assault weapons because rifles tend to be bolt action sniper rifle style weapons and tend to be used for hunting (unless you are the DC sniper) but I digress. There's no hypocrisy there.

    It's like if trump said "I think Uzis should be banned" and then downvoted a ban on desert eagles... 2 different types of gun. Not the same thing.

    But one must be able to read in order to make these distinctions, hence the problem.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,172
    If you think trump is the greatest president ever despite doing nothing but destroy diplomatic relations with historically friendly allies

    I got a bridge to sell you
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,668
    If anyone seriously thinks Trump is great they need,

    1. A history lesson
    2. Possibly a short stay in the mental hospital
    2 Kings 2:24
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,258
    dab00g wrote: »
    If you think trump is the greatest president ever despite doing nothing but destroy diplomatic relations with historically friendly allies

    I got a bridge to sell you

    So they can burn that one too
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,396
    Dime wrote: »
    Starhammer wrote: »
    Here's one I didn't hear about until I saw it on Mark Dice's channel. Have a listen.



    -Starhammer-

    Very insightful. The fact that his shooting rampage was stopped by someone that had a concealed carry gun must really tick off the liberals... everything conservatives have said about white people not being the only ones able to commit crimes, and that if other people had guns they could do something about the mass shootings... comes true here.

    There was the taxi driver in Chicago who stopped a rampage with his CCW, as well as some mallgoers and school staff who've stopped mass shootings, just off the top of my head. Not to mention all the thousands of incidents every year where concealed weapons are used for defense.

    But all of a sudden some mastermind snipes 600 people and the liberals claim the concept of concealed carry is redundant.
    @Wasted

    That trump 2000 and trump 2017 quote dont necessarily contradict each other.

    One quote is talking about assault weapons, the other is talking about rifles. Assault weapons can be rifles but rifles are not necessarily assault weapons because rifles tend to be bolt action sniper rifle style weapons and tend to be used for hunting (unless you are the DC sniper) but I digress. There's no hypocrisy there.

    Assault weapon definitions vary by state. Cali for example banned about 50 by name, including ARs and AKs (workarounds like bullet buttons notwithstanding). They were mostly rifles, but some machine pistols and shotguns also.
    It's like if trump said "I think Uzis should be banned" and then downvoted a ban on desert eagles... 2 different types of gun. Not the same thing.

    But one must be able to read in order to make these distinctions, hence the problem.

    The AR15 is the most popular rifle (if not the most popular gun) in the country, according to the NRA. Since Hillary is anti-gun, and semi auto rifles are one of the more common targets of assault weapon bans, she'd be going after them first. That would make Trump's second statement contradictory to his first, at least in part.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,073
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    If anyone seriously thinks Trump is great they need,

    1. A history lesson
    2. Possibly a short stay in the mental hospital

    Did you just seriously try to legitimise a strawman argument as if it was plausibly made?

    Well heres to thinking you were better than that:

    Cheers.


    Also, this is why I can't listen to anything liberals say nowadays, if all you guys can do is overreact and make stuff up and whine and virtue signal about virtueless virtues that you think are virtuous because you used them in a sentence with the word virtue in it, which must mean it is a virtuous phrase and by proxy means everything connected therein is also full of virtue and vigour and sugar and spice and everything nice, and trump is the big bad wolf trying to eat the little piggy.... and why does that wolf want to eat the piggy, what a shit wolf, he needs to go and feed himself to the lions...

    Style of thinking...well there not much that needs to be said. That style of rationalisation outs itself, but when the majority of a nation believe this shit, that's scary times indeed.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,668
    Politics.

    Brings out the best in people.
    2 Kings 2:24
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,073
    edited October 5
    Wasted wrote: »
    Dime wrote: »
    Starhammer wrote: »
    Here's one I didn't hear about until I saw it on Mark Dice's channel. Have a listen.



    -Starhammer-

    Very insightful. The fact that his shooting rampage was stopped by someone that had a concealed carry gun must really tick off the liberals... everything conservatives have said about white people not being the only ones able to commit crimes, and that if other people had guns they could do something about the mass shootings... comes true here.

    There was the taxi driver in Chicago who stopped a rampage with his CCW, as well as some mallgoers and school staff who've stopped mass shootings, just off the top of my head. Not to mention all the thousands of incidents every year where concealed weapons are used for defense.

    But all of a sudden some mastermind snipes 600 people and the liberals claim the concept of concealed carry is redundant.
    @Wasted

    That trump 2000 and trump 2017 quote dont necessarily contradict each other.

    One quote is talking about assault weapons, the other is talking about rifles. Assault weapons can be rifles but rifles are not necessarily assault weapons because rifles tend to be bolt action sniper rifle style weapons and tend to be used for hunting (unless you are the DC sniper) but I digress. There's no hypocrisy there.

    Assault weapon definitions vary by state. Cali for example banned about 50 by name, including ARs and AKs (workarounds like bullet buttons notwithstanding). They were mostly rifles, but some machine pistols and shotguns also.
    It's like if trump said "I think Uzis should be banned" and then downvoted a ban on desert eagles... 2 different types of gun. Not the same thing.

    But one must be able to read in order to make these distinctions, hence the problem.

    The AR15 is the most popular rifle (if not the most popular gun) in the country, according to the NRA. Since Hillary is anti-gun, and semi auto rifles are one of the more common targets of assault weapon bans, she'd be going after them first. That would make Trump's second statement contradictory to his first, at least in part.

    Hmm... that may be but I real,y don't think trump meant "semi automatic" rifles when he made that statement. AR's are most definitely assault weapons. They aren't hunting rifles, unless people are the prey.


    ...
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,396
    edited October 5
    ARs and semis in general are becoming quite popular for hunting, thanks to capacity, being a semi-auto, and the ability to convert to other calibres.

    .223 and other intermediate cartridges are perfectly fine for deer, canines, boars, etc.

    http://time.com/4390506/gun-control-ar-15-semiautomatic-rifles/
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,073
    Wasted wrote: »
    ARs and semis in general are becoming quite popular for hunting, thanks to capacity, being a semi-auto, and the ability to convert to other calibres.

    .223 and other intermediate cartridges are perfectly fine for deer, canines, boars, etc.

    http://time.com/4390506/gun-control-ar-15-semiautomatic-rifles/

    Yeah, perhaps now. When I was comin up though we just used bolt actions and I basically never saw an assault rifle save for once and people were looking at the guy like "really dude... cmon"
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,412
    Only time you should need an assualt rifle for hunting is if the deer are also packing heat.

    In other words never.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

    "I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,258
    Iduno wrote: »
    Only time you should need an assualt rifle for hunting is if the deer are also packing heat.

    In other words never.

    The fucking term Assualt Rifle is fuckign stupid. Assault Weapon, man it's like calling a Bow an Assault Bow because you can just as easily kill someone with a Bow and Arrow.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,350 admin
    Dime wrote: »
    Very insightful. The fact that his shooting rampage was stopped by someone that had a concealed carry gun must really tick off the liberals... everything conservatives have said about white people not being the only ones able to commit crimes, and that if other people had guns they could do something about the mass shootings... comes true here.
    The NRA likes to push the notion that "they are coming for your guns". It doesn't seem like universal background checks would get in the way of any of your concerns here. But those checks are characterized as "coming for their guns", so I predict the net result of the Vegas massacre is that the no policies will change and that gun sales will go up temporarily.

    The NRA has done a fantastic job of pushing that notion that people looking for change in gun policy are entirely anti-gun and want all guns banned. It hasn't been viable for some time to have any rational discussion of gun policy. See the cartoon I posted a couple pages ago.
    As for why they are raging in this thread, that's what happens in echo chambers.
    I'd argue that Trump's behavior has put any supporter into a pretty unsustainable position. The Republican party in general has been good at being the opposition party: when they are in charge people actually look at their policies and ... well, how is that repeal and replace going? Fighting against the CBO and science to enact (unsound?) policy isn't great leadership.
    The disgusting thing about this echo chamber is that it came about via banning predominantly one side of the argument. Witness a guy being banned because "he didn't play fighting games" and was way to knowledgeable for these people to just be able to dismiss.
    My PM door is open if people have concerns. If for some reason you can't PM me, Pertho is a good choice. If you feel I'm doing my job poorly, take it up with Wiz.

    This seems like despicable character assassination. The bans have been for pretty egregious stuff. Are you concerned with banning the guy who bragged about letting a woman get raped because of her politics, the guy who was threatening people, the guy who was pushing the bullshit child rape narrative after being asked repeatedly to drop it (I have a friend/ex-gf who was a very unwilling participant in some child ... movies, fuck people who pushed that narrative that has lead to nothing and stopped mattering to them when the election finished), or the other two who got repeated warnings to stop things that have never been allowed on SRK and yet couldn't brain their way to dropping it...... ?

    If you have some insight I'm missing, PM me. If you can't PM me, PM Pertho. If you don't PM somebody to get this inequality fixed up, I'm going to assume you're full of shit. I've seen the bullshit narrative that actually doing my duty as a moderator is political bias, but it's amazing how nobody ever has anything specific to say. Just this notion that the people they like are special snowflakes and should be exempt from normal SRK rules. Motherfucker, it's my duty to be an asshole to everybody if that's what it takes to keep things hopping. :lol:

    Sorry for banning the guy who sat there letting a woman get raped, I guess? This seems like a good conversation for PMs, as if I have done something wrong I would love the chance to correct it. Or have Pertho correct it. But I do find this counterfactual narrative pretty vile. Help fix the problem: either by fixing the unfairness or fixing your misinterpretation/mischaracterization. :tup:
    And in other news, remember what I was saying about overreactions? Trump throwing paper towels into the crowd? Overreaction much? Fake news much?
    What's fake about the video footage? Or have the memes destroyed your brain enough that 'fake news' here means 'something I disagree with'?
    People see disrespectful towels being thrown into the crowd, I see people happily grabbing for those towels and trump trying to make a dismal situation less bleak with some humour.

    Who ever thought that one could use humour in tragic circumstances. Nope, the armed forces have never flown in comedians to tell jokes to lighten the battlefield mood while people are currently being KILLED on the battlefield...
    You're comparing the president in a ongoing tragic situation to a comedian...? That's not typically the role of the president, but w/e.

    http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,920
    Trump, at best, is incompetent.

    I don't why people who "aren't racist" would stick up for someone who at the very least is white supremacist sympathizer.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

    "I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,172
    edited October 5
    People thinking that fat truck driver can be a hero with this shit

    Look a ccw for protection is fine by me

    The problem in these instances are the weapons and the ease of use.

    Reactions to killings
    Killing children-false flag or don't bring up gun rights
    Killing church goers-false flag, don't bring up gun rights
    Killing concert goers-false flag, don't bring up gun rights

    When you get news from a skewed conservative or conspiracy theory fear mongering place of course your views are

    "My guns!"

    I still will never buy anything as a false flag and those white devils like alex jones and rush limbaugh need to fuck off with that shit

    It is not impossible to track gun owners. But that means going forward there needs to be change and the registration and harsher restrictions and banning modifications

    The only guns the government wants to take are ones that can massacre an entire classroom in 2 minutes
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,412
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Iduno wrote: »
    Only time you should need an assualt rifle for hunting is if the deer are also packing heat.

    In other words never.

    The fucking term Assualt Rifle is fuckign stupid. Assault Weapon, man it's like calling a Bow an Assault Bow because you can just as easily kill someone with a Bow and Arrow.

    Well go tell that to the guy who made the first one then :coffee:
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

    "I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,073
    Preppy wrote: »
    Dime wrote: »
    Very insightful. The fact that his shooting rampage was stopped by someone that had a concealed carry gun must really tick off the liberals... everything conservatives have said about white people not being the only ones able to commit crimes, and that if other people had guns they could do something about the mass shootings... comes true here.
    The NRA likes to push the notion that "they are coming for your guns". It doesn't seem like universal background checks would get in the way of any of your concerns here. But those checks are characterized as "coming for their guns", so I predict the net result of the Vegas massacre is that the no policies will change and that gun sales will go up temporarily.

    The NRA has done a fantastic job of pushing that notion that people looking for change in gun policy are entirely anti-gun and want all guns banned. It hasn't been viable for some time to have any rational discussion of gun policy. See the cartoon I posted a couple pages ago.
    As for why they are raging in this thread, that's what happens in echo chambers.
    I'd argue that Trump's behavior has put any supporter into a pretty unsustainable position. The Republican party in general has been good at being the opposition party: when they are in charge people actually look at their policies and ... well, how is that repeal and replace going? Fighting against the CBO and science to enact (unsound?) policy isn't great leadership.
    The disgusting thing about this echo chamber is that it came about via banning predominantly one side of the argument. Witness a guy being banned because "he didn't play fighting games" and was way to knowledgeable for these people to just be able to dismiss.
    My PM door is open if people have concerns. If for some reason you can't PM me, Pertho is a good choice. If you feel I'm doing my job poorly, take it up with Wiz.

    This seems like despicable character assassination. The bans have been for pretty egregious stuff. Are you concerned with banning the guy who bragged about letting a woman get raped because of her politics, the guy who was threatening people, the guy who was pushing the bullshit child rape narrative after being asked repeatedly to drop it (I have a friend/ex-gf who was a very unwilling participant in some child ... movies, fuck people who pushed that narrative that has lead to nothing and stopped mattering to them when the election finished), or the other two who got repeated warnings to stop things that have never been allowed on SRK and yet couldn't brain their way to dropping it...... ?

    If you have some insight I'm missing, PM me. If you can't PM me, PM Pertho. If you don't PM somebody to get this inequality fixed up, I'm going to assume you're full of shit. I've seen the bullshit narrative that actually doing my duty as a moderator is political bias, but it's amazing how nobody ever has anything specific to say. Just this notion that the people they like are special snowflakes and should be exempt from normal SRK rules. Motherfucker, it's my duty to be an asshole to everybody if that's what it takes to keep things hopping. :lol:

    Sorry for banning the guy who sat there letting a woman get raped, I guess? This seems like a good conversation for PMs, as if I have done something wrong I would love the chance to correct it. Or have Pertho correct it. But I do find this counterfactual narrative pretty vile. Help fix the problem: either by fixing the unfairness or fixing your misinterpretation/mischaracterization. :tup:
    And in other news, remember what I was saying about overreactions? Trump throwing paper towels into the crowd? Overreaction much? Fake news much?
    What's fake about the video footage? Or have the memes destroyed your brain enough that 'fake news' here means 'something I disagree with'?
    People see disrespectful towels being thrown into the crowd, I see people happily grabbing for those towels and trump trying to make a dismal situation less bleak with some humour.

    Who ever thought that one could use humour in tragic circumstances. Nope, the armed forces have never flown in comedians to tell jokes to lighten the battlefield mood while people are currently being KILLED on the battlefield...
    You're comparing the president in a ongoing tragic situation to a comedian...? That's not typically the role of the president, but w/e.

    Im not going to get into it with you on what people got banned for, idk what they got banned for, what I know is long time posters for years on the conservative side got banned in droves and this is now an echo chamber.

    Why it happened means less to me than the fact that It did happen and that this echo chamber is a reflection of that. Conservatives were always outnumbered here, but we had "some" numbers. Now it's like at least 5-1. It's not even worth arguing any points.

    So no, I won't be pming you, no need to, I'm not talking about why whoever was banned just that they were and that now reflects on the direction the thread has turned.

    Yeah, I compared trump to a comedian.

    ...?

    Also I don't think you are doing your job poorly I just think the job is poor, if that makes sense to you.

    I don't visit basically any threads in GD outside this, the sjw thread and starhammers so I couldn't really tell if one was doing a great job or not. I just come here to hear both sides of an argument and I'm met with an echo chamber and people talking about throwing paper towels to people that need paper towels...

    I hear no more talk about Russia this or conspiracy that, I guess that brand of lunacy has run its course for the meantime and so liberals are grasping at whatever paper towel they can, seems pretty damn childish, which ironically is what the liberals accuse trump of being (and he is) . But it's funny that they can't see the person in the mirror...

    Wish I could hear conservative viewpoints from some of the banned posters since they had insightful perspectives and information on subjects, but oh well. And no that's not a justification of whatever they did, since I don't know what they did, I'm only talking about the vacuum in lieu of their absence.


    And it's all basically moot at this point anyways, echo chambers echo.

    I thought that cartoon you posted was dumb, but whatever. I believe in the right to bear arms, but I don't necessarily believe in giving semi automatic assault rifles to the public nor do I believe gun ownership should be easy with easy background checks and whatnot, but that's where I draw the line, common sense should rule the thinking. I mean people can bear arms but a citizen isn't allowed to make bombs, nor are they allowed to have thermo nuclear weapons, assault weapons should be in the same category as far as I'm concerned.

    We can still defend ourselves with handguns and rifles and Molotov cocktails if need be, because the general public has numbers on their side compared to any army.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,920
    That's a big post that comes down to " I'll ignore reality and still play the conservative victim card".
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

    "I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,172
    At least wasted makes sense for his viewpoints

    This dude just sounds like a trump apologist
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,920
    @Dime

    Feel free to look back at the posts here leading up to the election. It didn't get rocking here until a couple months before the election to see ' conservative' posts.


    See how many times the word "cuck" is thrown around and by who.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

    "I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,258
    edited October 6
    Iduno wrote: »
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Iduno wrote: »
    Only time you should need an assualt rifle for hunting is if the deer are also packing heat.

    In other words never.

    The fucking term Assualt Rifle is fuckign stupid. Assault Weapon, man it's like calling a Bow an Assault Bow because you can just as easily kill someone with a Bow and Arrow.

    Well go tell that to the guy who made the first one then :coffee:

    An Assault rock? Don't buy into that bullshit.

    Every weapon is an assault weapon, and a weapon is nothing more than a tool till it is wielded as a weapon.
    Post edited by Darksakul on
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,350 admin
    edited October 5
    Dime wrote: »
    ...people talking about throwing paper towels to people that need paper towels...
    They're waist-deep in sewer water. They need a lot of things. Paper towels is nowhere on this list.

    https://www.romper.com/p/4-things-puerto-rico-still-needs-how-you-can-help-2785346

    http://dailysignal.com/2017/09/27/puerto-rico-needs-help-heres-know/

    https://www.youcaring.com/thestrongandbeautifulpuertoricanpeople-965313

    Batteries, generators, water filters, clean water, food, a lot of things. Paper towels? :wtf: But maybe it's just some weird joke. covfefe.
    I hear no more talk about Russia this or conspiracy that, I guess that brand of lunacy has run its course for the meantime and so liberals are grasping at whatever paper towel they can, seems pretty damn childish, which ironically is what the liberals accuse trump of being (and he is) . But it's funny that they can't see the person in the mirror...
    Not sure about anyone else, but the reason I haven't posted much about Russia is that I think all the investigations are ongoing here. Whatever happened convinced Obama. I'll be interested in seeing if Manafort and Flynn avoid jail time. The Mueller report will be one of the more interesting thing in a long while, regardless of where it lands.

    Given the current public information, I'd be confused as to how anyone could think that Russians weren't involved in the election. The public emails to date seem strong. But hey let's see where the committee / Mueller land.
    I thought that cartoon you posted was dumb, but whatever. I believe in the right to bear arms, but I don't necessarily believe in giving semi automatic assault rifles to the public nor do I believe gun ownership should be easy with easy background checks and whatnot, but that's where I draw the line, common sense should rule the thinking. I mean people can bear arms but a citizen isn't allowed to make bombs, nor are they allowed to have thermo nuclear weapons, assault weapons should be in the same category as far as I'm concerned.
    Yeah: I'd be interested in reading articles on how that intersects with the second amendment. I feel like we've completely lost the point, as we watch what happens in Washington. At what point does the second amendment actually matter as the second amendment, as opposed to just "we get to have all the guns"?

    NYT op-ed: Repeal the Second Amendment

    ^-- Ran across that randomly as I was typing this. I think the second amendment has some interesting ideas (article covers this), but maybe we can separate out what we're trying to accomplish from carte blanche guns guns guns.

    http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,350 admin
    Also, for fellow SCOTUS junkies, the new Scalia book is out:
    * http://www.scaliaspeaks.com/
    I'll probably read that on my next flight.

    Justice is trying to get the SCOTUS to not look at the travel ban cases. It's already off the calendar: it'll be very interesting to see where it goes from here. One of the more fascinating aspects of the court system is that it can take decades to force the courts to issue guidance on where the boundaries of a law are. I'd lean towards thinking that the court would be willing to drop the current case given the further changes.

    http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,060
    Dime wrote: »
    Preppy wrote: »
    Dime wrote: »
    Very insightful. The fact that his shooting rampage was stopped by someone that had a concealed carry gun must really tick off the liberals... everything conservatives have said about white people not being the only ones able to commit crimes, and that if other people had guns they could do something about the mass shootings... comes true here.
    The NRA likes to push the notion that "they are coming for your guns". It doesn't seem like universal background checks would get in the way of any of your concerns here. But those checks are characterized as "coming for their guns", so I predict the net result of the Vegas massacre is that the no policies will change and that gun sales will go up temporarily.

    The NRA has done a fantastic job of pushing that notion that people looking for change in gun policy are entirely anti-gun and want all guns banned. It hasn't been viable for some time to have any rational discussion of gun policy. See the cartoon I posted a couple pages ago.
    As for why they are raging in this thread, that's what happens in echo chambers.
    I'd argue that Trump's behavior has put any supporter into a pretty unsustainable position. The Republican party in general has been good at being the opposition party: when they are in charge people actually look at their policies and ... well, how is that repeal and replace going? Fighting against the CBO and science to enact (unsound?) policy isn't great leadership.
    The disgusting thing about this echo chamber is that it came about via banning predominantly one side of the argument. Witness a guy being banned because "he didn't play fighting games" and was way to knowledgeable for these people to just be able to dismiss.
    My PM door is open if people have concerns. If for some reason you can't PM me, Pertho is a good choice. If you feel I'm doing my job poorly, take it up with Wiz.

    This seems like despicable character assassination. The bans have been for pretty egregious stuff. Are you concerned with banning the guy who bragged about letting a woman get raped because of her politics, the guy who was threatening people, the guy who was pushing the bullshit child rape narrative after being asked repeatedly to drop it (I have a friend/ex-gf who was a very unwilling participant in some child ... movies, fuck people who pushed that narrative that has lead to nothing and stopped mattering to them when the election finished), or the other two who got repeated warnings to stop things that have never been allowed on SRK and yet couldn't brain their way to dropping it...... ?

    If you have some insight I'm missing, PM me. If you can't PM me, PM Pertho. If you don't PM somebody to get this inequality fixed up, I'm going to assume you're full of shit. I've seen the bullshit narrative that actually doing my duty as a moderator is political bias, but it's amazing how nobody ever has anything specific to say. Just this notion that the people they like are special snowflakes and should be exempt from normal SRK rules. Motherfucker, it's my duty to be an asshole to everybody if that's what it takes to keep things hopping. :lol:

    Sorry for banning the guy who sat there letting a woman get raped, I guess? This seems like a good conversation for PMs, as if I have done something wrong I would love the chance to correct it. Or have Pertho correct it. But I do find this counterfactual narrative pretty vile. Help fix the problem: either by fixing the unfairness or fixing your misinterpretation/mischaracterization. :tup:
    And in other news, remember what I was saying about overreactions? Trump throwing paper towels into the crowd? Overreaction much? Fake news much?
    What's fake about the video footage? Or have the memes destroyed your brain enough that 'fake news' here means 'something I disagree with'?
    People see disrespectful towels being thrown into the crowd, I see people happily grabbing for those towels and trump trying to make a dismal situation less bleak with some humour.

    Who ever thought that one could use humour in tragic circumstances. Nope, the armed forces have never flown in comedians to tell jokes to lighten the battlefield mood while people are currently being KILLED on the battlefield...
    You're comparing the president in a ongoing tragic situation to a comedian...? That's not typically the role of the president, but w/e.

    ...idk what they got banned for...
    Then shut the fuck up.

    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • mr_punkmr_punk Joined: Posts: 711
    Femto wrote: »
    That's a big post that comes down to " I'll ignore reality and still play the conservative victim card".
    oh, that's nothing. you remember his argument with pertho about the first amendment? it was a mix of mjlol.png and
    giphy.gif


    recently, the senate and house passed their budgets. the senate especially needed to take this step in order to unlock the reconciliation process. everything is going according to plan for tax reform, right? bzzzt..wrong! it's looking more and more like the GOP is about to shit the bed on tax reform. apparently, one of the problems is they're having a difficult time finding a way to offset the loss of revenue to make up for the massive deficit their massive tax cut will create. their first option was BAT (border adjustment tax). BAT was killed almost instantly by lobbyists from companies like wal-mart. plan B was the elimination of the SALT (state and local taxes) deduction and the GOP own party members are currently trying to strangle it to death and the lobbyists didn't have to lift a finger to help them. so, two big ideas flushed straight down the crapper and it's not like they have a plethora of choices. at best, it looks like they might be able to pass a tax cut and if they do. although, i'm sure they'll claim otherwise in their sales pitch, but a tax cut instead of tax reform would be a major legislative and policy failure much like the bush tax cuts.

    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/paul-ryan-tax-reform-cant-repeat-bushs-temporary-tax-cuts/article/2634258
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tax/u-s-budget-deficit-could-obstruct-trumps-tax-cut-plan-idUSKBN1C930A
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/how-republicans-ditched-tax-reform-for-tax-cuts
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,920
    St. Louis protests are still going on.

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/midwest/ct-protest-st-louis-highway-20171004-story.html.

    Journalists being arrested too, but from the article a pastor is has been arrested twice in two days. I'm guessing it's to hold them overnight? Regardless, thought you couldn't arrest the press?
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

    "I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file