The Ameяican Government Thread

Comments

• StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,476 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Femto wrote: »
    St. Louis protests are still going on.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/midwest/ct-protest-st-louis-highway-20171004-story.html.

Journalists being arrested too, but from the article a pastor is has been arrested twice in two days. I'm guessing it's to hold them overnight? Regardless, thought you couldn't arrest the press?

They probably thought that too.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,840 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Journalists are arrested all the time, it's just a bad look for your PD to do so.

Except today, I guess. Police literally get away with murder so.
    This is offensive.
  • MCPMCP Joined: Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    "They kettled us again," Gray said in a phone interview shortly after being released from jail on Wednesday. "No one resisted." He said two social media journalists and others not involved in the highway blockage were among those arrested.
    I am not sure they would be recognized as journalists in a court of law. As in they probably don't have a press badge from St Louis local newspaper organization.

Either way, if a journalist is taking part in blocking traffic and doesn't obey police orders to disperse...

Anyways, it's pretty clear someone is trying, although to be seen if they follow through. And it's really hard to show this without body cameras.
    Earlier Tuesday, St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner outlined to a city board a proposal that her office take over and lead all use-of-force investigations involving the police. She asked the Board of Aldermen for $1.3 million to launch an independent team that would include four prosecutors, five investigators and two support staff.

Currently, use-of-force cases are investigated internally by the police department.

"Both the community and police deserve an objective, fair and transparent investigation, and it is no longer acceptable for police to be essentially investigating themselves," Gardner said.

IMO

There should be a federal agency to conduct and oversee such use of force investigations, with cooperation from elected state offices (attorney, sheriff)

Along with a national body camera initiative on all police, FBI, DEA, and DHS while on active duty, as appropriate. (are there other armed agencies who work on US soil?)
    I am not knowledgeable enough to comment on the details of when the DEA should and shouldn't use a body camera, thus "as appropriate".
  • MCPMCP Joined: Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    https://annals.org/aim/article/2654047/state-intimate-partner-violence-related-firearm-laws-intimate-partner-homicide

"State Intimate Partner Violence–Related Firearm Laws and Intimate Partner Homicide Rates in the United States, 1991 to 2015 "
    To prevent intimate partner homicide (IPH), some states have adopted laws restricting firearm possession by intimate partner violence (IPV) offenders. “Possession” laws prohibit the possession of firearms by these offenders. “Relinquishment” laws prohibit firearm possession and also explicitly require offenders to surrender their firearms. Few studies have assessed the effect of these policies.

Objective: To study the association between state IPV-related firearm laws and IPH rates over a 25-year period (1991 to 2015).

Setting: United States, 1991 to 2015.

Participants: Homicides committed by intimate partners, as identified in the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Uniform Crime Reports, Supplementary Homicide Reports.

Measurements: IPV-related firearm laws (predictor) and annual, state-specific, total, and firearm-related IPH rates (outcome).

Results: State laws that prohibit persons subject to IPV-related restraining orders from possessing firearms and also require them to relinquish firearms in their possession were associated with 9.7% lower total IPH rates (95% CI, 3.4% to 15.5% reduction) and 14.0% lower firearm-related IPH rates (CI, 5.1% to 22.0% reduction) than in states without these laws. Laws that did not explicitly require relinquishment of firearms were associated with a non–statistically significant 6.6% reduction in IPH rates.

Limitations: The model did not control for variation in implementation of the laws. Causal interpretation is limited by the observational and ecological nature of the analysis.

Conclusion: Our findings suggest that state laws restricting firearm possession by persons deemed to be at risk for perpetrating intimate partner abuse may save lives. Laws requiring at-risk persons to surrender firearms already in their possession were associated with lower IPH rates.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,948
    Wouldn't they be allowed to get guns again after a divorce?
    MCP wrote: »
    https://annals.org/aim/article/2654047/state-intimate-partner-violence-related-firearm-laws-intimate-partner-homicide

"State Intimate Partner Violence–Related Firearm Laws and Intimate Partner Homicide Rates in the United States, 1991 to 2015 "
    To prevent intimate partner homicide (IPH), some states have adopted laws restricting firearm possession by intimate partner violence (IPV) offenders. “Possession” laws prohibit the possession of firearms by these offenders. “Relinquishment” laws prohibit firearm possession and also explicitly require offenders to surrender their firearms. Few studies have assessed the effect of these policies.

Objective: To study the association between state IPV-related firearm laws and IPH rates over a 25-year period (1991 to 2015).

Setting: United States, 1991 to 2015.

Participants: Homicides committed by intimate partners, as identified in the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Uniform Crime Reports, Supplementary Homicide Reports.

Measurements: IPV-related firearm laws (predictor) and annual, state-specific, total, and firearm-related IPH rates (outcome).

Results: State laws that prohibit persons subject to IPV-related restraining orders from possessing firearms and also require them to relinquish firearms in their possession were associated with 9.7% lower total IPH rates (95% CI, 3.4% to 15.5% reduction) and 14.0% lower firearm-related IPH rates (CI, 5.1% to 22.0% reduction) than in states without these laws. Laws that did not explicitly require relinquishment of firearms were associated with a non–statistically significant 6.6% reduction in IPH rates.

Limitations: The model did not control for variation in implementation of the laws. Causal interpretation is limited by the observational and ecological nature of the analysis.

Conclusion: Our findings suggest that state laws restricting firearm possession by persons deemed to be at risk for perpetrating intimate partner abuse may save lives. Laws requiring at-risk persons to surrender firearms already in their possession were associated with lower IPH rates.

Intimate Partner violence-related....................So, based on some law that thinks you may smack a bitch, you aren't allowed to possess firearms?

KuTyuw9.gif

You MIGHT shoot your girlfriend in the future, so let us take your guns away just in case. :rofl: This will REALLY help those slumping marriage stats.....................right into their graves.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,170 admin
    edited October 6
    Starhammer wrote: »
    Intimate Partner violence-related....................So, based on some law that thinks you may smack a bitch, you aren't allowed to possess firearms?
    You used "may", when the study pointedly is of actual wife beaters. :confused: Maybe don't beat up your wife. I kinda thought we could take it for granted that everybody here was anti-wife-beating. :confused:
    This will REALLY help those slumping marriage stats.....................right into their graves.
    Any evidence on that? I mean if you're saying that people that beat and abuse their partners might not get married and might not kill their partners ... isn't that a win? :confused: :wtf:

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

• WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,035
    I thought you were meant to be red flagged on the federal background check if you'd ever had a restraining order.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,813
    Wasted wrote: »
    I thought you were meant to be red flagged on the federal background check if you'd ever had a restraining order.

Lol background check.

Lol flags.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,387
    edited October 6
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Wasted wrote: »

Lol background check.

Lol flags.

As I said in other threads, we don't need new gun laws.
    We just need to actually start to enforce the ones we have.

The actual database states used to check against for a FFL are out of date by years.

“Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,789
    So now we have people for felons being armed

Felons aren't supposed to be armed

It isn't even that you can stop people from killing, you can prevent people from killing more people

I hate this shit

Preppy wrote: »
    You used "may", when the study pointedly is of actual wife beaters. :confused: Maybe don't beat up your wife. I kinda thought we could take it for granted that everybody here was anti-wife-beating. :confused:

Anti wife-beating. :rofl: You just inadvertently admitted that it is going to be used against men. For real though, It's not like we don't KNOW which way this law will be enforced. My first concern is how far does this go? Is there a weapon type or number limit? Some hunter/guard/cop might lose his ability to do his job because the old lady decided to call the cops on him one night after a heated argument. Of course, if it turns into divorce the gun ownership thing will take a backseat to simply trying to survive. The next concern is how long before it's not just an intimate partner violence-related law? First it's Husbands. Will it be boyfriends next? guys she's dating? Maybe it'll end up being family members at some point too. I hope I'm just being paranoid, but I know better than to think it can't happen.
    This will REALLY help those slumping marriage stats.....................right into their graves.
    Any evidence on that? I mean if you're saying that people that beat and abuse their partners might not get married and might not kill their partners ... isn't that a win? :confused: :wtf:

Do I have evidence that this will do it? No, as this is fairly new. However, this is why I think it's going to happen.

Over the past few decades, marriage and divorce laws have been made that favor women over men to the point that a marriage is about 50/50 chance of failing in the first seven to ten years. With the introduction of No-Fault Divorce, a man in court is little more than meat on the plate that the lawyers will cut and serve up before the judge as they argue over how much he gets to keep. As a man You have a slim to none chance of breaking even on your way out the door, and if kids are involved...........well, don't ask. The Result: Men are just saying no in ever increasing numbers.

Educational fields have been pushing the Girl Power movement for 30+ years now. In college, there are nearly 2 girls to every 1 guy that graduates. These days, men are starting to go into community college and more hands on fields like plumbing and welding. Why? because there are fewer women. Also, a little something called Title 9 which has seriously upset things on campus as far as investigations of sexual assaults go. The result: Now women are complaining about the lack of college educated men.

Now a days, public laws have been made to try and curb toxic male behavior such as catcalling :tup: domestic disputes :angry: and even Manspreading :wtf: Things have been pushed to the point where men live in a "Guilty until Proven Innocent" type of existence when the incident is man vs. woman in this society as well as many others. The result: Women have begun complaining about such a phenomenon as,"Man desserts" where it seems that men aren't trying to date or even talk to them anymore and many are instead heading for greener pastures, often outside of the place where they live and some go as far as outside of the country where they live, leaving the local girls high and dry.......no pun intended.

Now, from the examples I've given, I'll give to you this scenario: Some guy who's been married or at least has a live in girlfriend for a few weeks, months, or years just got hauled out of his house on a domestic violence accusation and now his gun collection has been confiscated. He goes to his local bar and tells his story to some other guy(s) who repeat the story to their buddies. These guys are going to start adding two and two together and realize that it happened to him, and they can be next. With all the problems that can happen already when the wife or gf makes a phone call, this one extra thing could be the straw that breaks the back of some men. I would bet you dollars to donuts that a number of men would just say no to having some chick in their house. You may think it's insignificant, I may think so as well, but I'd bet that not every man will. Will something like this speed up the demise of marriage? Yep!! How much? Only time will tell. As Charlton Heston would've said,"You'll have to take my gun from my cold, dead hands." Till this very day, A LOT of people agree with him.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    dab00g wrote: »
    So now we have people for felons being armed

Felons aren't supposed to be armed

It isn't even that you can stop people from killing, you can prevent people from killing more people

I hate this shit

But the database that is used to show who is on the DO NOT SELL GUNS TO LIST is not liked at all to criminal databases, sex offender databases or anything like that.
    Anything from a criminal database has to be manually transferred over, and some of the strictest states for gun restrictions don't regularly keep their database updated.
    Maryland for example I don't think has their list updated in like 5 or 7 years, I forgot which.
    Dear Minorities. Popp is here to pick a FIGHT............With your democrats.

Folks, Click the damn link and listen.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    edited October 7
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Don't use facts on dab00g.

You might as well be telling a Capcpom supporter they're being bamboozled...
    What facts are we going on now

Felons aren't supposed to own guns or even parts of a gun

It is an instant trip to prison

Like what are you arguing about now?

We need to update how we track weapons, ammo, and mods

We do need to limit amount of ammo and weapons people have
    edited October 7
    Anti wife-beating. :rofl: You just inadvertently admitted that it is going to be used against men.
    Yeah, it's clear shorthand that you understand and I know you understand. The policy I've seen is gender neutral: it'll be "used against" men and women who fuck up. :coffee:
    For real though, It's not like we don't KNOW which way this law will be enforced.
    You mean like the active laws which are gender neutral...? :coffee:

Laws are often old and often complicated things. They are ours. If there's some concern, fix it.
    Some hunter/guard/cop might lose his ability to do his job because the old lady decided to call the cops on him one night after a heated argument.
    I thought we just were talking about how using examples presuming masculine violence was sexist? No matter. "Heated argument" isn't typically what the law considers "domestic violence". If you're thinking that it does, get the laws fixed.
    Of course, if it turns into divorce the gun ownership thing will take a backseat to simply trying to survive. The next concern is how long before it's not just an intimate partner violence-related law? First it's Husbands. Will it be boyfriends next? guys she's dating? Maybe it'll end up being family members at some point too. I hope I'm just being paranoid, but I know better than to think it can't happen.
    ... I'm so confused. What's the narrative here? People who have recorded legal charges of violence against somebody shouldn't have restricted gun access... ? Maybe don't beat people up? Seems like a needless slippery slope argument, but even presuming that ridiculous implausibility I'm unclear as to what the problem is. Maybe don't beat people up once you're an "adult"?
    Now women are complaining about the lack of college educated men.
    Yeah, the mods here sometimes do the same thing.... jk
    Some guy who's been married or at least has a live in girlfriend for a few weeks, months, or years just got hauled out of his house on a domestic violence accusation and now his gun collection has been confiscated. He goes to his local bar and tells his story to some other guy(s) who repeat the story to their buddies. These guys are going to start adding two and two together and realize that it happened to him, and they can be next.
    Maybe don't beat up your wife? Maybe don't be in a relationship with somebody that you think is going to falsely claim that you beat them up? They have ready access to you when you are sleeping: giving somebody that level of access implies a fuckton of trust. This isn't a new concept.

It seems like men (and everybody really) should realize that they should not be in a relationship with somebody that they are going to physically abuse and they should not be in a relationship with someone that is going to falsely claim abuse. I think your plan sounds brilliant and healthy for all concerned.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

Starhammer sounds like he wants to round up disaffected males and go on a shooting spree
  • BR3N7BR3N7 Todays "fake news" is tomorrows "everyone does it" Joined: Posts: 2,040
    So Trumps weekly Saturday twitter rant is at the Late Shows for equal air time?

"Late Night host are dealing with the Democrats for their very "unfunny" & repetitive material, always anti-Trump! Should we get Equal Time?"
    WTF does this even mean? its like he didn't realize the Democrat lies he loves are the wrong lie to use this time. Seriously he should of just of went with Obama or Crooked Hilary and it would of sounded less stupid.

Either Trump has worse self esteem than a 12 year old girl/knows his supporters are credulous and don't want to accept reality/he is trying to so hard to act like Putin and KJU and wishing he could kill people who spoke ill of him even if 100% true/or he is just a ""moron" as Tillerson put it.....Now I want Kimmel and Colbert to have fun with these tweets..Seriously they are both great people doing great things as one has stood up for major issues and exposed the GOP's lies and one with help from Ruxin(Nick Croll) raised 1M for Puerto Rico with the PuberMe stuff you know instead of going Kobe with 99 cent paper towels. Disgusting when our elected Leader bashes the good people.

Some funny shit YouTube had to do....
    Raz0r wrote: »
    That video is why no one should pay attention to Starhammer posts.

He is the only person I have blocked because he is one of those YouTube only people who are buying the bullshit lies living in a some fake reality. Mark Dice is one of the worst of the worst along with Watson/Jones you know the ones he loves the most. Because of these gullible people who never watch or listen to opposition we not only have people like Flat Earthers but even funner or is it sad that youtube had to change its algorithm after the Vegas massacre because of the lies and dumb shit those assholes were saying and posting about it. That should show how bad its gotten on that platform. I mean lordy he still tried to share the Project Veracrap edited videos months after they were outdated.

https://usatoday.com/story/tech/2017/10/05/youtube-alters-algorithm-after-searches-las-vegas-shooting-turn-up-conspiracy-theories/736548001/
  • mr_punkmr_punk Joined: Posts: 633
    Raz0r wrote: »
    So no one can claim Obama care as a failure ever, I want to post a list of everything the GOP did to sabotage it. I want everyone here to know why it fails because I'm not going to address it every single time: https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/541263/
    here is another one for the list. it's also another hilarious example of why trump will not only go down as the most ill-informed president in history, but also the world's worst saboteur. apparently, trump personally intervened and attempted to block a proposal from the GOP controlled, state of iowa for stabilizing its aca marketplace ( iowa officials haven't actually been told it will be rejected at this time). trump sabotaging the health care of his own twitter educated, cult members isn't new. it's funny, but it isn't new.

however, what is funny is the iowa proposal also included a number of GOP provisions that would have made the state's marketplace much more conservative and similar to the AHCA. a GOP bill which he supported and claimed credit for passing on the white house lawn.in short, trump was handed an effortless "W" on a silver platter by the iowa GOP, but he rejected it because he literally does not understand the concept (or policy or not much of anything for that matter) of being handed something on a silver platter.

still, i can't decide what's more amusing. the reality bending antics of his stans or trump's willingness to repeatedly stick his head down the barrel of a loaded cannon with a lit fuse on his own volition. trump stans! who is more deserving of my derision between the two?79d7ec603c92fd02ae42410c9c56aea0.png?t=1493259747

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-aca-enrollment-nears-administration-keeps-cutting-federal-support-of-the-law/2017/10/05/cc5995a2-a50e-11e7-b14f-f41773cd5a14_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.96996d12218d

https://iid.iowa.gov/documents/state-of-iowa-1332-waiver-submission
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,455
    Good point by Maher about democrats and their obsession with regulation

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"

Yeah, it's clear shorthand that you understand and I know you understand. The policy I've seen is gender neutral: it'll be "used against" men and women who fuck up. :coffee:

You yourself have continued saying,"don't beat your wife" in the previous post. Gender neutral policy?
    jakejosie.jpg

...............Sure. As always, men have to deal with responsibility and punishment.
    You mean like the active laws which are gender neutral...? :coffee:

The laws may be gender neutral, but the application of said laws in society is anything but. See the poster above and realize that it is but one of many such ways that YOU as a man will be held to a double standard.
    Laws are often old and often complicated things. They are ours. If there's some concern, fix it.

Working on it. Of course, there is another side that is voting to keep things like they are. The struggle goes on and on and I do not doubt that it shall do so for a very long time.
    ... I'm so confused. What's the narrative here? People who have recorded legal charges of violence against somebody shouldn't have restricted gun access... ? Maybe don't beat people up? Seems like a needless slippery slope argument, but even presuming that ridiculous implausibility I'm unclear as to what the problem is. Maybe don't beat people up once you're an "adult"?

You heard him folks!!! You're adults, now cut all this fighting shit out and go home!
    (Ironically enough, That seems to work in Japan. The cops don't even use or even need guns over there. If you can't act like an adult, you don't get to play with the adults. Implausible, but apparently not impossible.)

That being said, We're still a planet full of evil little monkeys who do evil monkey things, most of which are violent. The first thought someone has after a new invention is made is usually,"How can I use this to fuck somebody up."

people who have recorded legal charges against them will almost certainly fall into two categories.

1: The kind of person who doesn't care about the law and will do it anyway
    2: Probably got into trouble when they were young and now THAT shit is following them around like a turd that won't flush.
    Yeah, the mods here sometimes do the same thing.... jk

That.............................will NEVER happen here. Not even joking.
    Maybe don't beat up your wife? Maybe don't be in a relationship with somebody that you think is going to falsely claim that you beat them up? They have ready access to you when you are sleeping: giving somebody that level of access implies a fuckton of trust. This isn't a new concept.

"Maybe don't beat up your wife?" LOL. I guess women don't beat on their husbands right? It wouldn't really matter considering how few women own guns anyway.

"Maybe don't be in a relationship with somebody that you think is going to falsely claim that you beat them up?" Everyone of those relationships you're talking about have one thing in common: They didn't see it coming. If they stay after getting hit upside the head that's on them, but I would bet money that NONE of them, men or women, thought it was going to be that way from the start.

As far as trust goes, a lot of guys trust don't anymore. Like I said, Marriage rates are already plummeting and something like this won't help. Thanks to really a few feminists and the constant man bashing and "woman good, man bad" agendas that society has allowed, the pushback known as MRAs, MGTOW, and PUAs, a collective that is commonly referred to as the manosphere has grown into what it is today, a global phenomenon. Men adapt, then overcome. Always have, always will.

It seems like men (and everybody really) should realize that they should not be in a relationship with somebody that they are going to physically abuse and they should not be in a relationship with someone that is going to falsely claim abuse. I think your plan sounds brilliant and healthy for all concerned.

If I could look into the future and tell whenever a relationship was about to go bust, I would make MILLIONS saving people from infidelity alone.
    On the other hand, if the law were to crack down on false accusations more, it would be really good IMO. I'd bet that if a lot more people got locked up for it, a lot less people would do it.

Either way, I really don't see this law doing anything but fucking up. Time will tell.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064
    What is this "calm before the storm" thing? Someone said the Norks (North Koreans) are gonna try something on Columbus Day...
    edited October 7

You yourself have continued saying,"don't beat your wife" in the previous post. Gender neutral policy?
    Are you gay? Lemme know if so. Doesn't matter to my life concerns. I didn't mean to trigger you by using words that I (evidently incorrectly) thought applied to you and to the majority of members on this web site.

More saber-rattling towards North Korea:
    * http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/354389-trump-only-one-thing-will-work-with-north-korea
    That'll go well. :rolleyes:

Maclean's with a brutal article on Trump: History won't be unkind to Trump - it will be cruel. I keep hoping he'll turn it around - his success is (generally) our success, but ... he keeps finding new ways to be breath-takingly stupid. North Korea, for example. :bluu: On the "plus" side the hurricane devastation maybe helps kick the next job report up a notch. Sigh.

the,"Are you gay?" line? Really? :bluu:

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,950
    Someone keep Preppy out of this please, thank you
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
    Just encase the message not clear, fuck Nazis . That is all
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,661
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424

AV by Rick Ross.
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Fucking Fail NBC

How about hiring a gun expert before writing a story about Guns.
    AK-47? That is a Civilian model AR-15 with the shorter barrel.

22221811_1679131505495691_52006534889400231_n.jpg?oh=b91a93134c85c789e69b21858a88f925&oe=5A3F6E6B

:rofl: No wonder they have to bash Trump. Real news is beyond their capability.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    Also how that shooter is holding that rifle, but stock not on his sholder, rifle away from his body, not using a sling to further stabilize
    He going to have no accuracy
    edited October 8
    Yeah, since I was speaking to you-the-masculine-reader it made sense contextually and we were both aware of that. Don't get triggered. A rising tide lifts all boats: I think we can safely move past the gender problems on this specific issue and instead get straight onto the "mah gunz" narrative. Hey, science pointed out that people without guns tended not to kill other people as often. That's neat of science to point that out. Let's move on.

I'm so confused as to why you would post a screenshot of the NBC article. Then again I don't read news on Facebook so idk how any of that works. Here's an actual link to the source story:
    * https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/las-vegas-shooting/answer-question-las-vegas-massacre-why-elusive-so-far-n808601

Most people tend to muff tech issues in any field pretty badly. If they did muff it ... hopefully the reporters there learned a lesson and suck less next time. Write in and let them know.

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064
    Who thinks that all of the inactive and banned accounts should get the Zeno'd from SRK???
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,661
    edited October 8
    http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=251298824

Post from lolGAF detailing what those cockroaches are trying to do, starting in Charlottesville. TLDR version is to hold little rallies like this to normalize themselves in the public eye.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,035
    edited October 8
    Yeah, since I was speaking to you-the-masculine-reader it made sense contextually and we were both aware of that. Don't get triggered. A rising tide lifts all boats: I think we can safely move past the gender problems on this specific issue and instead get straight onto the "mah gunz" narrative. Hey, science pointed out that people without guns tended not to kill other people as often. That's neat of science to point that out. Let's move on.

Nope.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-06-27/map-here-are-countries-worlds-highest-murder-rates
    I'm so confused as to why you would post a screenshot of the NBC article. Then again I don't read news on Facebook so idk how any of that works. Here's an actual link to the source story:
    * https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/las-vegas-shooting/answer-question-las-vegas-massacre-why-elusive-so-far-n808601

Most people tend to muff tech issues in any field pretty badly. If they did muff it ... hopefully the reporters there learned a lesson and suck less next time. Write in and let them know.

It's almost like NBC is channeling The Journalist's Guide to Firearms Identification:

BUYCQ_tCAAA0JYk.jpg-large.jpeg
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    The problem with looking for gun legislation I see is not the restrictions. But that this whole thing is a bit of a witch hunt and a knee jerk reaction.
    I can care less about NBC fucking up the details, what scares me is that the legislators who are writing these laws had even less of a clue about the topic.

The ATF pretty much states that bump stocks are legal as per letter of the law, there nothing that actually restricts them.
    To write a new law concerning what parts can and cannot be used needs to be written by someone with at least a cursory understanding of the subject matter.

How many times congress tries to vote on issues with little to no understanding on the matters they are deciding on?
    With the SOPA issue a while back, Congress brings in technicians, computer engineers and experts to testify and when the experts try to tell congress what they want to do is not technically possible, they scoff at them calling them bias.

My problem is people want to call for legislation, but at no point is their any attempt to learn enough about the subject matter to ever make an informed decision.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 8
    People still saying dumb shit like bump fire stocks are too inaccurate to be a factor lol. Tell that to the people that got hit by mulitple rounds. Like a fucking SAW needs pin point accuraccy.
    Post edited by angelpalm on
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People still saying dumb shit like bump fire stocks are too inaccurate to be a factor lol. Tell that to the people that got hit by multiple rounds. Like a fucking a SAW needs pin point accuraccy.

With some practice someone can be reasonably accurate with a M249 Saw. Its called firing in 3 to 5 round bursts (or even firing single shot) and have some trigger discipline.

But then again if you are firing into a crowd, accuracy isn't much a factor.