The Ameяican Government Thread

Comments

• dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,789
    I don't act black. I like rap. I like thick girls. I wear overpriced basketball shoes and tims

But i have always felt distrust whitey because of where and how i grew up

But that is neither here nor there

Trump undercutting insurance companies in this method is some bullshit. The failure of the aca is entirely on trump and he cannot run away from that.

Saying they are pulling out of puerto rico like that is stupid as fuck because he still thinks pr isn't part of the us

It shows disparity in his capacity for truly giving a shit

The man is a sick pervert and an old racist piece of shit. Trump won't make it 4 years and won't get re-elected

Again approaching this subject to basically revel in that puerto rico is in the shit and they can't do anything but beg shows what type of leader trump is

Fuck trump

At least congress passed the budget for reacting to natural disasters

• WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,035
    Trump's EO should have been part of Trumpcare in the first place.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    I think the undercutting of kaiser and blue shield will bite him in the ass long term

Trump being in idgaf mode as he talks about stopping freedom of the press and basically harming the citizens

Fuck trump looks pretty damn tyrannical, wonder really if there is anything the country can do about it besides asides on late night shows

Can we as people overthrow a bigot piece of shit like trump?

Like at this point i still don't get how he has hangers on
    How are they being undercutted?

All it means is that people can approach Kaiser and Blue Cross Blue Shield without having to be attached to a company.

The problem is with getting coverage across statelines when it comes to medicare which is the population that the aca serves

California already has a system in place that while expensive works

The threat is this would "raise premiums" and i would be for very shitty insurance

I live in the bubble that is california, so maybe i have a different perspective from the mom and pop store owner

So that is just me
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,664
    ACA here in WA was bad. My premiums went up and barely any doctors around me allowed it past the first year/year and a half. It needed work but I don't see Trump making it better. The new plans the GOP came up with were worse.

He hasn't shown he knows how to implement a plan and he has the stack decked in his favor. From what I understand Iowa was the only state that implemented ACA well, while everyone else was still fumbling with it?
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,478 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 13

YouTube is biased towards those with money? SAY IT ISN'T SO!! Still it's nice to have it (And them) put out there. I wonder who's gonna blow up because of this? Vid.me is getting noise as well, but I don't see anything coming from other than random YouTubers so far. It wouldn't surprise me if the establishment didn't try to buy them up already, but I guess we'll know for certain soon enough.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
    Some liz for your weekend. Enjoy.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
    2018 is coming and the seats hopefully turn blue enough
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,845 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just a bunch of fucking sycophants looking to get their own payday.

This is not what democracy is supposed to be about.
    This is offensive.
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,367

Wait. Just so i understand this, he made it so the current plan that a lot of people are on and in need of will colapse, and replaced it with fucking self pay?

How are people in support of this guy.
    odin wrote: »
    Checkmate LIBERAL SCUM

20770372_574395086018297_6302772566298946727_n.jpg?oh=b26d548010f1fd3e15cccdb784cb7775&oe=5A3F0307

Sounds legit.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    Here's some insight from a YouTuber on the recent sex bomb dropped in Hollywood. I have to admit, I kinda feel the same.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Why do people care if girls join the boy scouts? It is a non-story. Let them do whatever the hell they want.

Can boys join the Girl Scouts? Just wondering.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,171 admin
    It's for kids that identify as girls, so ... yeah kind of? Campfire USA (formerly Campfire Girls) is co-ed and might be what you're looking for.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

Starhammer wrote: »
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Why do people care if girls join the boy scouts? It is a non-story. Let them do whatever the hell they want.

Can boys join the Girl Scouts? Just wondering.

-Starhammer-

Why does it have to be "well if this one does it so does that one!" with you?

Can't these organizations do whatever the fuck they want or is this more "let me do what I want because freedom, but fuck you because freedom" bullshit conservatives like to tout around?
    This is offensive.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Man why auote the image right above you for a one line response, and then not even edit your next response into your already made post?

Just asking.

Because he is a lazy minded fuck, I would have thought that was apparent already.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
    edited October 13
    Preppy wrote: »
    It's for kids that identify as girls, so ... yeah kind of?

...........And the award for being the only person to answer the question is............THAT GUY.
    Campfire USA (formerly Campfire Girls) is co-ed and might be what you're looking for.

hmmm. Most interesting. I had never even heard of them before. I learned something else today. Thanks. :tup:

EDIT: @Raz0r: "To ask the question is to answer it."

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,740
    edited October 13
    It's for kids that identify as girls, so ... yeah kind of? Campfire USA (formerly Campfire Girls) is co-ed and might be what you're looking for.

???

Then isn't campfire USA where people that want a unisex organisation be going?

Idk, shits weird tbh. It's called "boy" scouts. Girls have "girl" scouts.

I don't think gender mixing should be allowed in either of them, personally. If people want unisex scouts they are out there presumably.

This leaves the problem of what to do with girls who identify as boys and vice versa. Well they can have their own group as well. Problem fixed. If there's not enough people, oh well. I like MVCI and there ain't enough people out here for me to play with on PC, that's the way the world works. You don't get to just have some shit be great because you want it to.

But in the politically correct world I guess people feel they are entitled to what others have.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    @Dime Scouting has been coed here since 1971.

America are the weird ones for still having segregated organisations.

The Girl Scouts were created exactly because girls wanted to do what the boys were doing.

• mr_punkmr_punk Joined: Posts: 633
    edited October 13
    BR3N7 wrote: »
    This is kinda scary from a 100% respectable/reputable person in Robert Reich. His conversation with a former Republican Senator. Kinda long so put in spoiler.

This morning I phoned my old friend, a Republican former member of Congress.

Me: So what’s up? Is Corker alone, or are others also ready to call it quits with Trump?

He: All I know is they’re simmering over there.

Me: Flake and McCain have come pretty close.

He: Yeah. Others are thinking about doing what Bob did. Sounding the alarm. They think Trump’s nuts. Unfit. Dangerous.

Me: Well, they already knew that, didn’t they?

He: But now it’s personal. It started with the Sessions stuff. Jeff was as loyal as they come. Trump’s crapping on him was like kicking your puppy. And then, you know, him beating up on Mitch for the Obamacare fiasco. And going after Flake and the others.

Me: So they're pissed off?

He: Not just that. I mean, they have thick hides. The personal stuff got them to notice all the other things. The wild stuff, like those threats to North Korea. Tillerson would leave tomorrow if he wasn’t so worried Trump would go nuclear, literally.

Me: You think Trump is really thinking nuclear war?

He: Who knows what’s in his head? But I can tell you this. He’s not listening to anyone. Not a soul. He’s got the nuclear codes and, well, it scares the hell out of me. It’s starting to scare all of them. That’s really why Bob spoke up.

Me: So what could they do? I mean, even if the whole Republican leadership was willing to say publicly he’s unfit to serve, what then?

He: Bingo! The emperor has no clothes. It’s a signal to everyone they can bail. Have to bail to save their skins. I mean, Trump could be the end of the whole goddam Republican party.

Me: If he starts a nuclear war, that could be the end of everything.

He: Yeah, right. So when they start bailing on him, the stage is set.

Me: For what?

He: Impeachment. 25th amendment.

Me: You think Republicans would go that far?

He: Not yet. Here’s the thing. They really want to get this tax bill through. That’s all they have going for them. They don’t want to face voters in ’18 or ’20 without something to show for it. They’re just praying Trump doesn’t do something really, really stupid before the tax bill.

Me: Like a nuclear war?

He: Look, all I can tell you is many of the people I talk with are getting freaked out. It’s not as if there’s any careful strategizing going on. Not like, well, do we balance the tax bill against nuclear war? No, no. They’re worried as hell. They’re also worried about Trump crazies, all the ignoramuses he’s stirred up. I mean, Roy Moore? How many more of them do you need to destroy the party?

Me: So what’s gonna happen?

He: You got me. I’m just glad I’m not there anymore. Trump’s not just a moron. He’s a despicable human being. And he’s getting crazier. Paranoid. Unhinged. Everyone knows it. I mean, we’re in shit up to our eyeballs with this guy.

*only thing I don't get is why is the Republicans would push this clear garbage tax reform just for a win. Maybe they think if they give Trump a billion dollars he will change? I love how Trump talked to Truckers making under 60k a year about removing the estate tax when it only effects the top 2%.
    lol..ignoramuses. hilarious, but unsurprising. which is why GOP leadership has no one but themselves to blame for the internecine chaos fracturing their coalition. what did they think was going to happen after feeding their facebook educated base years of alternative facts, conspiracy theories, populism and resentment? GOP leadership created the opportunity for trump to be a viable candidate for their party. a man with zero aptitude for the presidency and is a functional moron at best. however, the funny thing is trump seems to have lost control of his peasantry. trump endorsed strange for the senate and his cult 45 members voted for moore. a tin foil hatter who shook down his own charity and believes that some american communities are living under sharia law. the whole party has lost their minds.
    HNIC Mike wrote: »
    Wait. Just so i understand this, he made it so the current plan that a lot of people are on and in need of will colapse, and replaced it with fucking self pay? How are people in support of this guy.
    motivated ignorance and cult like behavior.
    (1)Having to use an EO to have a temporary work around is better then nothing. Only real way to get change is to vote the assholes out of congress. They where battle against Obamacare during Obama's tenure but when Trump's in office they suddenly flip flopped.
    the senate has a razor thin margin for error and it's being fractured internally like i mentioned above. nonetheless, it's the president's job to unite the factions and lead his party. what happened to trump's own healthcare plan that never materialized? why did he defer to mcconnel and ryan's strategy? what happen to his campaign promise on healthcare to "take care of everybody"? this may be a shock to you stans, but trump avoiding accountability by handing the steering wheel to someone else and taking a backseat while he engages in clown fights on twitter, undermines his own party and shifts blame isn't leadership. it's bitch made.
    (2)You got a article to post up for that? Cause if Bush gave subsidies to specific companies then yeah, thats what happens ALL the time with deals like those. Trump's plan is 10% or lower for any offshore profits in general.
    lol..stop deflecting. we're talking about the same old, idiotic GOP tax gimmick used during the bush administration. the changing of numbers doesn't change the policy. in fact, bush cut the rate as low as 5.75% and got absolutely nothing in return. you think trump is going to do better and he's even dumber than bush? lol. oh yeah, i do have plenty of articles.

• DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,740
    Wasted wrote: »
    @Dime Scouting has been coed here since 1971.

America are the weird ones for still having segregated organisations.

The Girl Scouts were created exactly because girls wanted to do what the boys were doing.

I was never a Boy Scout but I was a Cub Scout.

I can see why people would want boys and girls scouts and why they would want integrated scouts. My problem is why force a change to any particular organisation.

There are simply ways you can talk and not talk when there are opposite sexes around.

Women talk and act differently when men are or are not around and vice versa, same for boys and girls. I personally like the division of the sexes this creates in certain areas. It's fine if others don't, they don't have to enroll and have other places they can go.

But maybe I'm wrong and my thinking is outdated, but personally I like inclusion in both kinds of club organisations.

If I had it my way I'd be in a club only for dudes, and one that is for both sexes as well. You get different things from both organisations.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,171 admin
    edited October 14
    Dime wrote: »
    My problem is why force a change to any particular organisation.
    What's the force part here?

http://www.centralgeorgiacouncil.org/about-us/family-scouting/67144

http://scoutingwire.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Family-Scouting-FAQ.pdf

Sounds like a big part of it is just sheer damned laziness: turns out to be easier to drive your different gendered kids to one place at one time than to two different places at two different times.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

These will never not be funny

:rofl: I really should've guessed that it would be him. Nice.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
  • Captain RyuCaptain Ryu Scoot Magee Joined: Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 14
    "I gotta do this! I gotta be real!" LOL. That explains it perfectly. Got that album dropping soon.
    CFN ScootMagee
  • FreezingCicadaFreezingCicada Joined: Posts: 626
    mr_punk wrote: »
    HNIC Mike wrote: »
    Wait. Just so i understand this, he made it so the current plan that a lot of people are on and in need of will colapse, and replaced it with fucking self pay? How are people in support of this guy.
    motivated ignorance and cult like behavior.
    (1)Having to use an EO to have a temporary work around is better then nothing. Only real way to get change is to vote the assholes out of congress. They where battle against Obamacare during Obama's tenure but when Trump's in office they suddenly flip flopped.
    the senate has a razor thin margin for error and it's being fractured internally like i mentioned above. nonetheless, it's the president's job to unite the factions and lead his party. what happened to trump's own healthcare plan that never materialized? why did he defer to mcconnel and ryan's strategy? what happen to his campaign promise on healthcare to "take care of everybody"? this may be a shock to you stans, but trump avoiding accountability by handing the steering wheel to someone else and taking a backseat while he engages in clown fights on twitter, undermines his own party and shifts blame isn't leadership. it's bitch made.
    (2)You got a article to post up for that? Cause if Bush gave subsidies to specific companies then yeah, thats what happens ALL the time with deals like those. Trump's plan is 10% or lower for any offshore profits in general.
    lol..stop deflecting. we're talking about the same old, idiotic GOP tax gimmick used during the bush administration. the changing of numbers doesn't change the policy. in fact, bush cut the rate as low as 5.75% and got absolutely nothing in return. you think trump is going to do better and he's even dumber than bush? lol. oh yeah, i do have plenty of articles.

Trump has worked with Democrats before hand with DACA. Even democrat leaders like Nancy Pelosi came out and praised Trump during that issue.
    Again though, no real change will happen until people are voted out of office so Trump can continue to make more meaningful changes.

(2)Then give me articles. All I can find is Bush reduced capital gains taxes as a whole, nothing about offshore profits.
    You know offshore profits are essential "double taxed". That US companies doing business in other countries pay that countries capital gains taxes then say if they wanted to bring over the funds gained back into the US its taxed again on the US side.
    Its why big companies like Apple take on debt cause they are using the offshore gains as collateral.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,507 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    These will never not be funny

the comments are more hilarious.

"He looked like he had been held hostage by Black Lives Matter and forced to write a "fuck drumpf" rap." :rofl:

"Eminem's rap video was not only lazy, it seemed contrived and really stupid."
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    So are you going to post the funny comments or not?
    This is offensive.
  • mr_punkmr_punk Joined: Posts: 633
    Trump has worked with Democrats before hand with DACA. Even democrat leaders like Nancy Pelosi came out and praised Trump during that issue. Again though, no real change will happen until people are voted out of office so Trump can continue to make more meaningful changes.
    mjlol.pngshe wasn't praising cheeto after he double crossed her on the daca. it takes a special kind of idiot to make a deal in one breath and then sabotage his own deal in the next. the whole exercise was pointless and unproductive on trump's part. which pretty much sums up his performance as president in a nutshell.
    (2)Then give me articles. All I can find is Bush reduced capital gains taxes as a whole, nothing about offshore profits. You know offshore profits are essential "double taxed". That US companies doing business in other countries pay that countries capital gains taxes then say if they wanted to bring over the funds gained back into the US its taxed again on the US side. Its why big companies like Apple take on debt cause they are using the offshore gains as collateral.
    heh.pnglol..give you articles? umm...no. you're more amusing when carrying baby wipes and a fresh pair of adult diapers. otherwise, we would never get moments like when trump claimed he met the president of the US virgin islands.
    ................And it don't stop! :rofl:

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,227
    The irony of Trump pulling an Obama to circumvent his own party lol.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,813
    And the media back on this Russia shit...

Is it too much to ask the media to do their fucking jobs right, and dig up some real impeachable evidence, or forever shut the fuck up about Russia?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10