The Ameяican Government Thread

1631632634636637639

Comments

  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,006
    Wasted wrote: »
    As i understand it though, all the leaders are wearing those white and blue jackets.

    Nobody just rocked up and gave Trump a couple of pantsuit lookalikes.

    Here's Obama doing something similar:

    https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrcGJ97K1w1nbzTHw04_5wxfVA4wOES46I_DMed9BAGtDxMA8TG6_QS2ypBg

    Trump, Modi and others in white:

    narendra-modi-in-manila_ca7d8ea8-c7bb-11e7-94e0-d13ec9d58666.jpg

    It's a barong

    Formal filipino wear

    It is respectful of the culture

    Not a big deal

    Trump looks like all those gross americans looking for child brides
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG


    Katie CRUSH opposition!!

    -Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

    AV by Rick Ross.
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 13
    Raz0r wrote: »
    The other side? Since when has it been one versus the other? We're all in this. Bullets don't discriminate. They kill anyone and everyone they come in contact with despite their differences. So stop acting like a whiny little bitch and either add constructive arguments or swallow that pistol you love so much.

    Since this little bitch nigga don't know how to shut up.......................

    The "other side" would be the people shooting at you. What, do you think the guns got up and decided to shoot at each other? No, my little wanna be smartass, The people are the ones doing the shooting. That's why you don't see guns on trial!! How the fuck can you travel so much and be THIS stupid?

    What kind of constructive arguments have YOU ever added to anything? You are singing the same,"I hate Trump" song as so many others. It doesn't matter what kind of evidence is brought in, you either ignore or make excuses. Get your ass the fuck outta here daring to try and insult someone's intelligence. Next time someone slaps you out of your skinny jeans because you didn't know when to shut up, lay on the ground like a little bitch and don't call the cops. In fact, I hope you NEVER own a gun. You sound like the kind of pussy hat wearing punk who would go shoot at somebody because they keep shutting down your arguments. Of course, since we still have guns in this country, you run the risk of getting your ass shot back, and even you have that much intelligence.

    For the rest of you out there, do yourself a favor: Never bring razor to a gunfight. Ever.

    -Starhammer-
    Post edited by Starhammer on
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

    AV by Rick Ross.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,989 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You read what you want to and that's just sad.
    This is offensive.
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,278
    edited November 13
    Starhammer vs Raz0r, SRK Semi-Celeb (Like Shalhoub) Edition!

    No guns vs no facts!

    Who would win?

    Place your bets, here!

    Go, go, GO!

    Let's DOOOOOOOOOOOOU <sic> this!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

    eSports is fucking retarded.
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,278
    edited November 13
    America murdered millions of people, and continues to this very day, to murder more, based on blatant lies and sociopathic corporate greed, in Iraq and Afghanistan.

    That' be Dubyah, true enough... but it was Obama who continued and expanded those policies into Syria and other places, over the following 8 years

    Our government is evil, run by evil men.

    What surprise can be mustered for T-Rump advocating murder of Pfizer's ethically superior competitors?
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

    eSports is fucking retarded.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,989 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    To say I want no guns is disingenuous. I've never said let's ban all guns. Go and search my posts. I do, however, think they should be licensed like automobiles. Being able to track gun purchases to the owner is a key way to seeing where these illegal guns are being procured. They have to, after all, be manufactured. It shouldn't be hard for cops to find them if they are properly registered and reported stolen/lost/sold/etc. when gun and owner split ways.

    I'd also bring the federal office tracking guns out of the 19th Century and into the world we live in, with an intranet of information, computers, and connections to the country's law enforcement agencies to help expedite any requests asked for when an illegal gun is used in a crime. This point in particular stabs a lot of you freedom riders in the craw and I don't understand why. You want to reduce crime and keep your guns, this is a great way to do it. Less criminals with weapons and you support your local law enforcement. This is a legit win for everyone but criminals.

    And I'd put a ban on specific types of firearms. I don't have a problem with handguns, rifles, shotguns. I just have a rule that if it's of military-grade, made to mow down the most amount of living things in the least amount of time, it shouldn't be circulating in society. The straw man here is that "What if!" well we don't live in what if and in the last 200+ years of history there hasn't been a case where the government has come to get your shit. We do, however, have issues with people using these guns to kill civilians. Let's deal with a factual problem as opposed to dealing with an imagined one.
    This is offensive.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,006
    There is no problem with any of that

    The nra argues against a dedicated and updated federal database because "why should anybody know you have guns? Join the nra and put our sticker all over your truck, house, and gun bag"

    They argue for privacy and right to bear arms and that EVERYBODY should be armed and having a working database similar to the dmv would get in the way of their base of dale gribbles who distrust government but love trump

    It is weird

    We have laws where weapons should be regulated and registered. Now we have to register our rifles. I have zero problems with that.

    I have no problem following the laws in place

    The us just has to enforce them and the nra needs to get out of the way
  • DillyBeeWilliamsDillyBeeWilliams Joined: Posts: 146
    Raz0r wrote: »
    You read what you want to and that's just sad.

    sad...pathetic...pitiful....man it's hard to pick a word to describe Shithammer
    Azure wrote: »
    Place your bets, here!

    I bet you'll buy another person on this forum things because of how sad and lonely you are.
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Raz0r wrote: »
    To say I want no guns is disingenuous. I've never said let's ban all guns. Go and search my posts. I do, however, think they should be licensed like automobiles. Being able to track gun purchases to the owner is a key way to seeing where these illegal guns are being procured. They have to, after all, be manufactured. It shouldn't be hard for cops to find them if they are properly registered and reported stolen/lost/sold/etc. when gun and owner split ways.

    I'd also bring the federal office tracking guns out of the 19th Century and into the world we live in, with an intranet of information, computers, and connections to the country's law enforcement agencies to help expedite any requests asked for when an illegal gun is used in a crime. This point in particular stabs a lot of you freedom riders in the craw and I don't understand why. You want to reduce crime and keep your guns, this is a great way to do it. Less criminals with weapons and you support your local law enforcement. This is a legit win for everyone but criminals.

    And I'd put a ban on specific types of firearms. I don't have a problem with handguns, rifles, shotguns. I just have a rule that if it's of military-grade, made to mow down the most amount of living things in the least amount of time, it shouldn't be circulating in society. The straw man here is that "What if!" well we don't live in what if and in the last 200+ years of history there hasn't been a case where the government has come to get your shit. We do, however, have issues with people using these guns to kill civilians. Let's deal with a factual problem as opposed to dealing with an imagined one.

    Hitler came and got the guns of his people before he began his reign. And with as many liberals comparing Trump to Hitler, do you really want to be disarming the populace?
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,275 admin
    I thought his point was that he isn't talking about disarming the populace, so that inference seems to be from out of nowhere.

    Maybe we could all just mentally append "also I don't plan on banning all the guns or disarming the populace so no need to pretend that I do" to all guns right discussions?

    http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,281
    edited November 13
    Cars only need to be registered if you're going to drive them on the road though.

    Similarly, you only need a drivers licence if you're going to drive on a public road.

    When's the last time a naturally fully automatic weapon (e.g an M16, not a modified M4) was used in a massacre?

    What does registration accomplish with regard to prevention? Both Vegas and Pulse Nightclub, as well as Sutherland Spring were all committed with legally obtained, semi-automatic weapons. The government was aware that these people had these weapons.

    It didn't stop jack shit.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,989 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wasted wrote: »
    Cars only need to be registered if you're going to drive them on the road though.

    In America? I don't think so. I don't own a car so the hell do I know but I've seen my dad have to register his car that he never took off his job's parking lot before.
    Similarly, you only need a drivers licence if you're going to drive on a public road.

    This isn't really comparable to a gun, though.
    When's the last time a naturally fully automatic weapon (e.g an M16, not a modified M4) was used in a massacre?

    What does registration accomplish with regard to prevention? Both Vegas and Pulse Nightclub, as well as Sutherland Spring were all committed with legally obtained, semi-automatic weapons. The government was aware that these people had these weapons.

    It didn't stop jack shit.

    For one, the restrictions preventing comprehensive background checks in FL could be lifted by a federal rule: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/cms/FPP/FAQs2.aspx

    That's pretty lax but I expect that from Southern state. Even their list for reasons to deny you a purchase of a firearm are suggestive, not actual hard-line reasons to prevent you from purchasing a weapon. That's just FL. Here are the rules for NV. Excuse my use of Wikipedia but I couldn't find a state website detailing the laws on firearm purchases, just links to pro-gun websites. Hilarious since this may be a google SEO bomb after the terrorist attack in Vegas.

    My point is that there are some extremes here. States like these are on the end where they don't think laws should be applied to constrain firearm purchases and their use. Then you have some states (mostly cities from my experience) who go way too deep in the restriction of guns.* There's a sweet spot somewhere in there where yes it'll take some work to get a gun permit and purchase guns but gives the state and the federal government power to minimize or at the very least spot trends for the mass shootings we have going on in this country. That and even properly train citizens on how to be responsible gun owners.

    That's just my take on it. I think something designed only to kill should have some basic requirements to keep.



    *I do agree, on the other hand, that NYC doesn't need tons of guns floating around. If you took a subway train in the morning, you'd understand why. Tempers flare up all the time and the last thing the MTA needs are people shooting out their differences.
    This is offensive.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,281
    You're the one who compared licencing of cars to guns.

    I dont need a licence to drive on my private property (local laws notwithstanding). Similarly, licencing guns like cars means I don't need a licence to keep my guns at home or shoot on my private property.

    Again, the Government was aware of, at least via background checks, of every weapon used in the worst mass shootings.

    The biggest objection to increasing Government power was demonstrated in Sutherland Springs. The Government can't properly use the power they already have. They don't deserve more.

    As far as providing training...why would I want criminals to be better at what they do?
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,887
    edited November 13
    That is a really stupid post Wasted. I can't help but feel like you are going out of your way to miss the point.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,281
    Not really. I understand the concept of licencing quite well. Remember, I actually HAVE mandatory registration in my country.

    If you want licencing and registration, just say so. Don't make the comparison of licencing guns like cars, because that logic falls apart immediately.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • mr_punkmr_punk Joined: Posts: 680
    I'm stunned at how fucking dumb you are being...
    lol.. dime has that effect on people when they read his posts. you should have read his post about the first amendment, the second amendment and that bit he just wrote about lack of education was simply magnifiquelawd.png
    Hitler came and got the guns of his people before he began his reign. And with as many liberals comparing Trump to Hitler, do you really want to be disarming the populace?
    the nazi gun control theory is another example of ,at best, historical illiteracy much like the lost cause of the confederacy. the origins of this "theory" is actually interesting and unsurprisingly dubious since those involved in it's manufacture and propagation were for the most part gun advocates not academic historians.
    https://www.vox.com/2015/10/9/9486957/ben-carson-gun-control-hitler
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/oct/26/ben-carson/fact-checking-ben-carson-nazi-guns/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_gun_control_theory#Use_and_support
    Preppy wrote: »
    I thought his point was that he isn't talking about disarming the populace, so that inference seems to be from out of nowhere.
    true, but it's a good thing he brought it up if only to illustrate once again how people will unquestioningly believe and spread misinformation because it easily fits into their POV.

  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,989 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It doesn't. I'm not saying both models fit perfectly, not once. But it's a model nonetheless
    This is offensive.
  • mr_punkmr_punk Joined: Posts: 680
    edited November 13
    apparently, the snowflake caucus is so outraged that keurig pulled it's advertisement (along with four other advertisers) from hannity's show because it didn't be associated with a program that defended a child molester. so, they're showing their outrage by destroying their own shit.

    nope, don't feel outraged, triggered or offended. OTOH, i am amused because i like watching people get all up in their feelings and do dumb shit like burning their own jerseys or destroying their coffee makers.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/business/media/keurig-hannity.html
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,281
    Make your own damn coffee. Tastes better :coffee:
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 13
    Azure wrote: »
    Starhammer vs Raz0r, SRK Semi-Celeb (Like Shalhoub) Edition!

    No guns vs no facts!

    Who would win?

    Place your bets, here!

    Go, go, GO!

    Let's DOOOOOOOOOOOOU <sic> this!

    Really? you want me to fight this?
    Raz0r wrote: »
    You read what you want to and that's just sad.

    KuTyuw9.gif

    "You better, get rid of that 9, it ain't gonna help.
    What good's it gonna do against a man that strangles himself?" -Eminem when he still put out something worth quoting.

    All that aside, It seems that you are not without at least a little cruelty. Good. While you may not wish to do evil, you should at least know how.

    -Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

    AV by Rick Ross.
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,275 admin
    Wasted wrote: »
    Make your own damn coffee. Tastes better :coffee:
    Can't you just make a lot of coffee and then I get some of it because socialism? Seems better for my interests.

    http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,887
    What does that even mean?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • k4polok4polo Your Lethal Assassin Joined: Posts: 4,706
    edited November 13
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/the-secret-correspondence-between-donald-trump-jr-and-wikileaks/545738/

    I don't think anyone is too shocked that the Trumps and Wikileaks seemed to be working together.
    It was rather obvious since WikiLeaks is supposed to be impartial but they clearly chose a side.

    I haven't seen one negative from WikiLeaks for the Trumps.
    They should have known at least some of the Trump colluded info that we have now which is from Mueller.

    Also you have the Trump meeting then the emails posted by WikiLeaks.

    Seems Trump Jr. was Trump's Russia and WikiLeak contact.

    Well anyhow lets see how Hope Hicks' interview goes with Mueller. Should be interesting since she knows his dark secrets.

    Don Jr. charges look highly probable.
    "Where there is light, there's a shadow"
    SFV: Nash, Cammy, Urien
    Injustice 2: Poison Ivy, Super Girl, Wonder Women
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG


    Now Poodle face is wrecking Ana. Again. You young turks fans need to go protect your people. :rofl:

    Some roaming millennial because she's purdy.



    -Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

    AV by Rick Ross.
  • BR3N7BR3N7 All eyez on me! Joined: Posts: 2,110


    Hmmm wonder why...

    In reality 10 more have joined Kuerig as well. Ya trying to defend a pedophile seems to be a damn near impossibility and not worth it for any company, how all haven't dropped is mind boggling.

    At least we are getting closer to where the line is... Nazi's nope, attacking black athletes nope, trying to prevent mass murder nope..
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,281
    Is there anything illegal about this, though?

    Like...it's not a secret that Wikileaks worked against Hillary.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 14
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Some people just read what they want to read in a post. Holy shit.

    Much like you.

    Hitler did sign the Weapons Law of 1938 which essentially make Jews owning guns illegal. And thus unable to defend themselves when the Nazi fervor spread.

    So did Mao before he went ahead and killed 60 million of his own people.

    USSR with the CPSU took guns away from people who believed in the political opposite of them and killed 20 million of them.

    Uganda established gun control in 1970, then between 1971 and 1979 300,000 Christians were unable to defend themselves due to gun control laws were executed.

    Pol Pot killed a million of his own unarmed citizens.

    Turkey established gun control in 1911, and killed 1.5 million Armenians

    Guatemala established gun control in 1964 and then killed 100,000 Mayan Indians.

    washington121229b.jpg

    But I guess those didn't happen in the last 200 years right?

    Now with a president that you and other leftists believe is "literally" Hitler, you want to take away the citizens guns so they can't possible defend themselves against him. If you truly believe Trump is Hitler then why would you want to make it difficult for people to defend themselves? And some of you leftists do believe in a blind gun grab, so how would they rectify that?
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,887
    edited November 14
    Razor never said take peoples guns away. Try again and try not to put words in peoples mouths this time, might make your position go over a bit better instead of coming off as something that should be ignored.

    Also don't remember Razor ever calling Trump "Literally Hitler."
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,281
    edited November 14
    BR3N7 wrote: »


    Hmmm wonder why...

    In reality 10 more have joined Kuerig as well. Ya trying to defend a pedophile seems to be a damn near impossibility and not worth it for any company, how all haven't dropped is mind boggling.

    Some may simply believe Moore is entitled to due process and don't care what Hannity said. Some also may just be content to accept Hannity's apology.
    At least we are getting closer to where the line is... Nazi's nope, attacking black athletes nope, trying to prevent mass murder nope..

    The line between what?
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 14
    Apparently, Mr. Assange has come forth to speak about the recent allegations against him and Trump Jr.




    ...................Once again, Fake news gonna fake.

    -Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

    AV by Rick Ross.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,006
    Wasted wrote: »
    Not really. I understand the concept of licencing quite well. Remember, I actually HAVE mandatory registration in my country.

    If you want licencing and registration, just say so. Don't make the comparison of licencing guns like cars, because that logic falls apart immediately.

    Again the line between fully and semi could be manipulated by skill or mods

    I think changes need to be made and that it is never to late to change things

    Making bullets really expensive is a game changer

    Making our system better and having thorough background checks mandatory does help weed out a lot of crazy assholes



  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,281
    edited November 14
    dab00g wrote: »
    Wasted wrote: »
    Not really. I understand the concept of licencing quite well. Remember, I actually HAVE mandatory registration in my country.

    If you want licencing and registration, just say so. Don't make the comparison of licencing guns like cars, because that logic falls apart immediately.

    Again the line between fully and semi could be manipulated by skill or mods

    Yes, I know that you can simulate full-auto fire with bumpfiring. You can do it with your thumb, I demonstrated that earlier.
    I think changes need to be made and that it is never to late to change things

    Making bullets really expensive is a game changer

    Making our system better and having thorough background checks mandatory does help weed out a lot of crazy assholes

    Better background checks, yes, I agree. Those are measures that can be put in place by the executive, and which don't require additional legislative power. I'm all for that.

    Seattle tried a firearms and ammo tax, though. It failed (Yes, I know it's Fox, sadly). Gun violence went up and deaths doubled. Correlation, not causation, here, but it didn't have the desired effect.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,134 mod
    edited November 14
    k4polo wrote: »

    I don't think anyone is too shocked that the Trumps and Wikileaks seemed to be working together.

    Are you shocked that Bernie purposefully ran a campaign he knew was going to lose so the DNC could keep the political donations to fuel its operations?
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

    "Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.