The Ameяican Government Thread

Comments

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,121
    Why the fuck would I want Windows to make a boot up noise?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm conflicted. Without the hardcore Trumpers, we can at least have civil discussions on what's actually happening instead of being derailed by bullshit whataboutisms and strawman arguments. On the other hand, the way they spun shit was pretty damn incredible.

That spy shit is hilarious but I can't blame them for going after a paranoid millionaire whose hands are in taxpayers' pockets. I'd be trying to get paid too by pitching some insane Tom Clancy bullshit. But Blackwater, as if that isn't a massive red flag in and of itself.

Anyway:

I don't know why but I found this sad and funny.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,305
    Nostalgia
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Nostalgia

That's like taking a razor to a circumcised dick for nostalgia purposes.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • odinodin holy bybel Joined: Posts: 15,740 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,513
    Wasted wrote: »
    MCP wrote: »
    We're going into a recession soon. Maybe it's time to realign my 401k once the Republicans pass their tax bill.
    p.s. Trump stated he wouldn't cut Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, which this tax bill will do.
    Like someone else said, McConnell saw that Trump is a moron who would pass anything the GOP put in front of him.

The GOP tax bill is estimated to kill more people than 9/11 in about three months, every year, until repealed.

This is just me not understanding economics at all, but...how? The Government takes less money from you...which kills you?

Healthcare costs are going to be skyrocketing especially considering you have a lot of baby boomers that are going to really starting to need a lot of it. Plus, you'll probably have health insurance companies refusing to cover certain things, leading people to start using emergency rooms as their primary care physician again, which is also going to drive up costs.

"Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Less than a week after Prime Minister May condemned Trump for retweeting a "far right wing" groups anti Muslim videos. Was a plot to assassinate her from Muslims stopped. She must be glad that her patience and understanding is getting through to the people of Islam and they'll cease these attacks soon.... oh wait.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,420 mod
    So gents, Jerusalem recognized as the capital of Israel formally. What happens to our Middle East policy now?
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    Less than a week after Prime Minister May condemned Trump for retweeting a "far right wing" groups anti Muslim videos. Was a plot to assassinate her from Muslims stopped. She must be glad that her patience and understanding is getting through to the people of Islam and they'll cease these attacks soon.... oh wait.

They just announced it after, not that it happened right after. You're also conflating extremists with normal Muslims, but you likely do that on purpose.
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,941
    Pertho wrote: »
    So gents, Jerusalem recognized as the capital of Israel formally. What happens to our Middle East policy now?

Extremists stepping up attacks inside the U.S. :coffee:
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424

Whatever the Zionist lobby pays for to happen, happens.

Same as before.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

• InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,630
    Basically fuck Muslims and Jews get what they want...again. Isreal continues to be fought over for stupid reasons.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

They just announced it after, not that it happened right after. You're also conflating extremists with normal Muslims, but you likely do that on purpose.

She backed Muslims period and this is the thanks she gets. But this is an advancement for you, I'm proud to know that you finally admit that "extremists" exist within Islam.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,121
    ShinjiGohan why you so dumb?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,408
    Infernoman wrote: »
    Basically fuck Muslims and Jews get what they want...again. Isreal continues to be fought over for stupid reasons.

As I understand it, Jerusalem is of less significance in Islam. Yet its the cornerstone of basically all of Judaism.

Regardless, I thought Congress already agreed to shift the embassy to Jerusalem back in 1995. It was near unanimous (93-7, 374-37).
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • BR3N7BR3N7 All eyez on me! Joined: Posts: 2,180

This is becoming 2 new parties. One side is not going to tolerate sexual assault and hates Nazis and the other endorses both.
    edited December 7
    Nonsense. They're only asking Franken to go NOW, after an unsubstantiated claim, but defended him tooth and nail when there was both evidence and apologies for his other accusations.

They still aren't kicking Conyers out, either. They'll let him retire and have his son or whomever fill in for him.

The Dems are not changing.

As I understand it, Jerusalem is of less significance in Islam. Yet its the cornerstone of basically all of Judaism.

Jerusalem is one of three holy sites in Islam. The mosque there is believed to be the last place Mohammed prayed before ascending to heaven, iirc.

So no, I wouldn't call it less significant.

Until the six day war, Jerusalem was seen as a city state, under the control of no one country, until Israel jumped its walls and took control. There was worldwide outrage over it but no one forced them to back of so that's why we are where we are.
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,360 admin
    edited December 7
    Nonsense. They're only asking Franken to go NOW, after an unsubstantiated claim, but defended him tooth and nail when there was both evidence and apologies for his other accusations.
    Curious who was defending him tooth and nail that has changed their stance here. Care to name names? I don't think I've noticed this.
    They still aren't kicking Conyers out, either. They'll let him retire and have his son or whomever fill in for him.
    Not sure how they will let him retire when he's already left office. :wtf:

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

• MCPMCP Joined: Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 7
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    We're going into a recession soon. Maybe it's time to realign my 401k once the Republicans pass their tax bill.
    p.s. Trump stated he wouldn't cut Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, which this tax bill will do.
    Like someone else said, McConnell saw that Trump is a moron who would pass anything the GOP put in front of him.

The GOP tax bill is estimated to kill more people than 9/11 in about three months, every year, until repealed.

This is just me not understanding economics at all, but...how? The Government takes less money from you...which kills you?

Healthcare costs are going to be skyrocketing especially considering you have a lot of baby boomers that are going to really starting to need a lot of it. Plus, you'll probably have health insurance companies refusing to cover certain things, leading people to start using emergency rooms as their primary care physician again, which is also going to drive up costs.

Trickle down economics doesn't work http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/letters/ct-trickle-down-economics-doesn-t-work-20171124-story.html

1. Healthcare costs rise. Taxes to pay for Medicaid/Care are cut.
    2. Tax breaks for anyone that's not super rich go away after ten years (or maybe less), because the CBO is required to only project out to ten years. The corporate and tax breaks that help almost exclusively very high income and wealthy families are permanent. "By 2027, people making $40,000 to $50,000 would pay a combined $5.3 billion more in taxes".
    3. "The Senate bill will actually raise taxes for households making less than $75,000 by 2027", without taking into account the increases cost of insurance and the cuts to medicaid. Medicaid is going to be cut. "Since the in GOP plan is not cutting corporate loopholes, bringing back trillions in offshore cash by corporations and cutting defense spending, again, the only way to reduce the federal deficit is to slash big programs like Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid." https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnwasik/2017/11/29/how-the-gop-tax-plan-scrooges-middle-class-retired-and-poor/#3c2c050e6c1e
    4. Nursing home write offs for federal taxes are gone. So you have to pay the taxes and the bills for end of life care, but Republicans are against assisted suicide, so they'll just let people suffer and accrue debt to hopefully pass on to their children.
    5. The tax savings in the form of "on average" $700 (lol) is completely misleading because it should be a median based on tax bracket. This is a tactic the Republicans like to use. They claim you gain an average benefit, but that's a load of crap, as I try to emphasize here.
    6. Cut tax write offs for childcare, graduate level education, post doc research, write offs for paying off student debt, many personal exemptions, teacher tax write off for supplies (on an already tight budget for schools), property tax write offs, nursing home write offs, state and local tax writes off (all of these write offs are from the federal tax you pay, as opposed to state and local). A person pays less in one area, but no longer has any of these fantastic write offs, so they overall pay more.
    7. Violating separate of church and state by "lifting of a 1954 ban on political activism by churches and the conferring of a new legal right for fetuses in the House bill — both on the wish list of the evangelical right."
    8. Increase social security taxes on everyone by adjusting an assumption of inflation, causing everyone's wages to go up when calculating social security taxes. It disproportionately hurts everyone but the rich because the rich don't go up a tax bracket.
    9. Source for teachers relying on the tax write off just for supplies: https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2017/11/22/house-republicans-have-a-little-known-plan-to-raise-taxes-on-teachers-by-2-billion/
    10. The senate bill will repeal the individual mandate on the ACA, causing premiums to rise https://www.yahoo.com/news/exactly-know-tax-bill-025453198.html

Personally, I barely give a fuck about Jerusalem and all the other distraction techniques the Trump+GOP team use, compared to this tax bill. This tax bill is already an extreme fuck up because the Senate bill accidentally left out $289 billion in cuts for corporations, because they were working on it last minute, rather than deliberately.

They're squeezing people way too much with this bill, on top of everything else going on in this country.
    They will be blamed hard in the media and I expect more shootings will occur against federal representatives.
    edited December 7
    Preppy wrote: »
    Curious who was defending him tooth and nail that has changed their stance here. Care to name names? I don't think I've noticed this.

Until now, Kirsten Gillibrand previously refused to ask Franken to resign. Her stance has only now flipped after the latest accusation.

And yes, I consider a refusal to call for his immediate resignation a tooth and nail defense.

Not sure how they will let him retire when he's already left office. :wtf:

I'm a couple of days late on my news it seems. Still, in the end, he still retired, safe from repercussions over all those affadavits confirming his years of predatory behaviour.

@MCP

Trickle down economics work.

They just don't trickle down.

They work exactly as intended though.

Shame about that actual intent.

Jerusalem is one of three holy sites in Islam. The mosque there is believed to be the last place Mohammed prayed before ascending to heaven, iirc.

So no, I wouldn't call it less significant.

Jerusalem holds third place for holiness after Mecca and Medina in Islamic belief, from everything I've been told.

On the other hand, its the spirtual homeland of the Jews for millenia before Islam, its name is littered throughout the Jewish Bible nearly 700 times, Jews pray in its direction, etc. I would certainly argue that while it is a holy site in Islam, its overall importance is greater for Judaism.

This isn't to deny either sides claim, though.
    Until the six day war, Jerusalem was seen as a city state, under the control of no one country, until Israel jumped its walls and took control. There was worldwide outrage over it but no one forced them to back of so that's why we are where we are.

Certainly. Everyone wants it for its religious importance in the end.

But getting back to Congress and the embassy...it was already decided in 1995 to move it to Jerusalem. Sounds like the US picked a side long ago.

• dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,199
    edited December 7
    Isreal is just as bad as their adversaries. The us created that mess in the middle east.

I hate how trump dragged down the status of the us

I hate that congress is fucking us

http://freebeacon.com/issues/nra-blasts-misleading-claims-made-gun-background-check-bill-ahead-house-vote/

I do like how the nra is backing the fix nics that will make background checks way better and keep records up to date

The only ones opposing the open carry clause are gun nuts who are also felons and people with psychological problems

Like for the first and only time the nra is backing gun control in a sane manner

Mind blown

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,261

Don't know what the big deal is...

Jerusalem has been the capital of Israel for a long while now!!!
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,318
    edited December 7
    Jerusalem has been the capital of Israel for a long while now!!!
    Recognized only by Israel, now the US joined the club. Yay?

Hamas called to a new intifada. What a surprise.
    Post edited by reh on
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • BR3N7BR3N7 All eyez on me! Joined: Posts: 2,180

Remember when McCain sounded like this? Something is seriously wrong with Trump. He has shown these signs for a bit now. He did not just need water and his dentures were not just falling out.
    Hopefully he is falling apart and dying.
    Perhaps Queen B was right..

giphy.gif
    https://www.advocate.com/politics/2017/12/05/sarah-sanders-trump-ok-businesses-hanging-antigay-signs
    President Trump's press secretary said her boss would have no problem with businesses hanging antigay signs that explicitly state they don't serve LGBT customers.

Remember that time we all said Trump would undermine the rights of gays and his supporters showed that picture of him holding the rainbow flag?

lol Retards get duped for the 50038th time.
    Reticently wrote: »

Clarence Thomas has been a known shit for a very long time. His wife also falls under that umbrella.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,709
    edited December 7

She backed Muslims period and this is the thanks she gets. But this is an advancement for you, I'm proud to know that you finally admit that "extremists" exist within Islam.

KKK claims to be Christian, what about all those white mass shooters? What was their religion? Anders Brevik was raised Lutheran. Hitler and Stalin both had religious upbringings. All religions have bad eggs.

Before someone predictable says that all religion is terrible, the majority of charity in the history of the world has been conducted in the name of religion. Yes, charity isn't an exclusively religious domain and could be done without religion but you do not need to look far to find all major religions contributing to society in a positive way. Even Islam. One of the Five Pillars of Islam (like the commandments) is Zakat which is helping the poor and needy.
    2 Kings 2:24
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,600
    Jerusalem was supposed to have been recognized as the capital of Israel in 1995 when it was agreed; George Bush, Bill Clinton, and Bush jr. delayed the acknowledgement for several reasons.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/06/trump-impeachment-vote-fail-282888

Trump impeachment vote fails overwhelmingly

The measure drew the support of 58 House Democrats.

The motion to sideline the measure — killing the effort — was approved 364-58, with four Democrats voting present.

Even the top democrats voted against impeachment lol.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    Jerusalem was supposed to have been recognized as the capital of Israel in 1995 when it was agreed; George Bush, Bill Clinton, and Bush jr. delayed the acknowledgement for several reasons.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/06/trump-impeachment-vote-fail-282888

Trump impeachment vote fails overwhelmingly

The measure drew the support of 58 House Democrats.

The motion to sideline the measure — killing the effort — was approved 364-58, with four Democrats voting present.

Even the top democrats voted against impeachment lol.

Fuck this country.

It needs to be razed.

The Dems could literally run The Antichrist, as Himself, and they'd get my vote in 2020.

• DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,513
    edited December 7
    3. "The Senate bill will actually raise taxes for households making less than $75,000 by 2027", without taking into account the increases cost of insurance and the cuts to medicaid. Medicaid is going to be cut. "Since the in GOP plan is not cutting corporate loopholes, bringing back trillions in offshore cash by corporations and cutting defense spending, again, the only way to reduce the federal deficit is to slash big programs like Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid." https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnwasik/2017/11/29/how-the-gop-tax-plan-scrooges-middle-class-retired-and-poor/#3c2c050e6c1e

This is one of the fundamental problems I have with the Republican party and one of the things that they just don't seem to get. There are major inconsistencies in a lot of their major platforms and nobody seems to be bringing these inconsistencies up on a stage that people actually have to chew on them.

1. They want to make abortion illegal yet they also want to cut the social safety net almost completely, so the people who are forced to have kids they likely can't pay for have almost no way to raise them in a constructive way.

2. They want to cut programs like Medicare and Medicaid and then talk out the other side of their mouth about how expensive Health Care is when they've allowed lobbyists for the healthcare industry to basically write policy.

3. They say that they're "anti-big government" when it comes to things like telling businesses they can't discriminate, yet if gays want to get married or women want to have abortions, "we need to get laws on the books to make sure these don't happen!"

4. They always trot out the, "we don't have the money for health care and education" excuse when they continually pad the defense department budget so that it's one of the single greatest expenditures in the federal budget and has been for a long time.

I actually was a republican once upon a time before I got out into the world and saw the way things really were. But the Republican party of today is borderline sociopathic. It's really the perfect party for a guy like Trump who has no ideology whatsoever, although with that said, the one ideological bit that most Republicans seem to have is cozying up to rich people and being lap dogs for them in the hopes that the economics trickle-down eventually. It's kind of telling that the party wasn't actually really able to get anything done until a lot of their donors basically told them "don't ever call me again unless you get this shit happening." Really shows you where their loyalties lie.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file