The Ameяican Government Thread

Comments

• DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,513
    Dean Heller is a party stooge. He's trying to save his job after he crossed Trump over the Obamacare repeal several months back.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • MCPMCP Joined: Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 7
    Things like this will turn violent, either by the person who has stage 4 cancer or their child/SO and brings a gun, or security will beat up a person with stage 4 cancer for making a ruckus.

By hurting so many people, eventually some of them will get desperate enough to fight back.

I'm now wondering if this is planned for, e.g. "see, federal reps need stronger protection" so they pass authoritarian laws to allow them to more power.
  • MCPMCP Joined: Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 7
    I don't like it when I see people comment, "GOP and Trump are incompetent and don't get anything done"

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-epa-dirty-trucks-20171207-story.html

Pruitt is one of the main offenders.
    In the past, glider kits were typically used to give new life to engines and other components salvaged from trucks damaged in collisions. But several years ago, the EPA noticed a surge in glider-kit trucks on the road, from fewer than 1,000 in 2010 to more than 10,000 in 2015, suggesting that some companies were using the vehicles to circumvent truck emissions standards by putting old diesel engines inside new truck shells. The vehicles cost 25% less to buy because they have none of the pollution controls required on newer trucks.

The Obama administration closed the loophole last year as part of the newest clean truck standards. But a small group of glider-kit manufacturers lobbied Pruitt to repeal that part of the truck rules, and he agreed. One of the major manufacturers, Fitzgerald Glider Kits in Tennessee, hosted a campaign event last year for then-candidate Donald Trump, and company executives met privately with Pruitt in May.

Since taking over in February, Pruitt has worked to undercut a wide range of environmental protections. The agency has sought to interfere with at least three dozen regulations, either by ending them outright (as with the Obama administration’s Clean Power Plan) or just by delaying them (as with a regulation meant to reduce explosions at chemical plants).
    Sources from the above statement in the article:
    http://beta.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-pruitt-epa-advisory-panels-20171106-story.html
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/01/us/politics/trump-epa-chief-pruitt-regulations-climate-change.html
    https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/06/14/2017-12340/accidental-release-prevention-requirements-risk-management-programs-under-the-clean-air-act-further

"gliders make up just 5% of the freight trucks on the road yet account for one-third of the smog and soot emissions from heavy trucks."
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,408
    Bwhhaahahahaa
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • Shin_JrShin_Jr " they need to stop it " Joined: Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Pertho wrote: »
    So gents, Jerusalem recognized as the capital of Israel formally. What happens to our Middle East policy now?

oh no cause they were so close to achieving peace in middle east :rolleyes:

you think I'm typing just to type it

here's 50 cents run down to the store and grab a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk - GM
  • mr_punkmr_punk Joined: Posts: 718
    edited December 8
    Pertho wrote: »
    So gents, Jerusalem recognized as the capital of Israel formally. What happens to our Middle East policy now?
    lol..policy? what policy and who's running it? you have a president who's so indifferent to any of kind of policy that he outsources it. apparently, he's outsourcing this bit of forign policy to his son-in-law. you have a state department in shambles and the man who's running it thinks his boss is a "fucking moron". does anyone think this is going to end in any other way than in tears?
    i'm surprised he held a town hall about this tax bill. his bullshit response to her question is why most gop politicians avoid them.
    BR3N7 wrote: »
    This is becoming 2 new parties. One side is not going to tolerate sexual assault and hates Nazis and the other endorses both.
    mcconell and ryan are praying moore loses, but the damage is done. i don't think it matters because of trump's endorsement of moore. it's going to be interesting to see which gop politicians in 2018 are going to either associate or distance themselves from trump once the attack ads start running.
    And in 5 days this guy gets a Senate seat?. #MAGA?
    maybe, but is it that surprising? we're talking about alabama aka trump state and he's taking jeff sessions place. the only thing missing is one of his relatives accusing him of sexual assault.
    MCP wrote: »
    the gop knows it. congress own CRS found that tax cuts aren't as big of a lever for the ecomony as the gop claims. otoh, giving tax breaks to the wealthy leads to greater income inequality. orrin hatch and chuck grassley recent comments tells you everything you need to know about the gop priorities and motivation. anything else is part of the sale pitch. a sales pitch which seems to be ineffective considering the bill's lack of popularity.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/09/tax-cuts-dont-lead-to-economic-growth-a-new-65-year-study-finds/262438/

hilarious. a 107 year old man snitching to trump like he's his daddy because mitch locked him out of the tree house. trump ain't gonna help your bytch ass.

also, paul ryan, rob portman and the senate finance committee released a letter this week signed by 137 economists who say they strongly endorse the gop tax bill. apparently, the gop has a very broad definition of the word economist because it turns out there are a number of hilarious discrepancies in that list. they must have got these guys from the discount rack.
    https://theintercept.com/2017/12/01/gops-list-of-economists-backing-tax-cut-includes-ghosts-office-assistants-ex-felons-and-a-sprinkling-of-real-economists/
    MCP wrote: »
    They're squeezing people way too much with this bill, on top of everything else going on in this country.
    this bill is just the beginning.

anyone who followed paul ryan knows this was one of his objectives. ryan says he just needs to convince trump who promised he would not touch medicare or SS. anyway, it shouldn't be too difficult since trump outsources policy anyway.

Even if they get caught, I imagine it would have to be pretty bad for a lot of these congressional members to be forced to resign.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    Even if they get caught, I imagine it would have to be pretty bad for a lot of these congressional members to be forced to resign.

Treason is a pretty bad thing.

And these "laws" being passed right now, arw pretty fuckin' treasonous.

We the people = America.

Whatever the fuck these "laws", policies, theft, murder, and slavery serve, it damned sure is not the U.S. nation.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
    Well they serve members of the US Nation I suppose. But our population is so comfortable with everything that I imagine it would be hard to get those guys out of office if they decided they were going to stay.
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    Well they serve members of the US Nation I suppose. But our population is so comfortable with everything that I imagine it would be hard to get those guys out of office if they decided they were going to stay.

The persons in question have homes overseas.

And their money offshore too.

"Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • BR3N7BR3N7 All eyez on me! Joined: Posts: 2,180
    edited December 8
    Real News....

What Trump is going to twitter storm up this morning....

CNN....the same outlet who said it was illegal for anyone BUT them to read Wikileaks.

Smells of hypocrisy. In any case, was anything done with that encrypted information? This seems no different to any random person looking up Wikileaks, just through a different method.
    CNN wrote:
    CNN originally reported the email was released September 4 -- 10 days earlier -- based on accounts from two sources who had seen the email. The new details appear to show that the sender was relying on publicly available information. The new information indicates that the communication is less significant than CNN initially reported.

The article also goes on to talk about Trump Jr saying he had no recollection of the email.

This is a non-story, all he did was access Wikileaks using a key.

His son should have been left to rot in China :coffee:

So what is Trump going to make the new topic for the next month to divide us tonight at his Klan rally? Last time it was black athletes. Curious what his new attack is since it will likely be a minority group. Lets see if he stays predictable.
    Watching this "rally" is so hard. Seriously your a concerning level of stupidity at this point to buy these clear repetitive lies. He is on a auto pilot at this point rinsing and repeating the same bullshit from the last 3 years.

Seriously I wish I had a lesser IQ and intelligence to understand why this moron makes you fools get a hard on.

But hey get out and vote for the pedophile and support the GOP cause.
  • VGAddictVGAddict Joined: Posts: 105
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,305
    VGAddict wrote: »

I Already wrote to both of my Democrat Senator and Congressman
    Maryland is a Blue State.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist

Anyone even buy the Fake News crap anymore thats not actually fake like Fox/Breit/InfoWars? other than Hammer?

Funny about this one is the guy totally deleted within 20 min said he made a mistake and even said Trump had a right to attack him but this was his personal account and wasn't a actual story or anything and Trump went after it HOURS later.

• ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Its pretty racist to assume that they can't get Ids though. Do you think that they're too poor to afford the free state ids provided by the state of Alabama? Article makes no mention of the fact that like most states, they're moving on to a more electronic system. I haven't had to actually be in an DMV since I got my license in 03. Been able to renew it online.

In other news, California is begging Trump and the USA to bale them out of their wild fire crisis, months after they wanted to secede from the mainland. Months after they laughed at red state Texas and other southern states getting hit with hurricanes, saying it was their punishment for voting for Trump. Can't help by enjoy the turn about.
  • ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power Up Joined: Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I've talked to a number of people that are unaware of what net neutrality is and that that nut sack that Trump appointed head of FCC is trying to kill it. For anyone you know that is uninformed, I recommend the video below. It's short, informative and hilarious.

here's 50 cents run down to the store and grab a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk - GM
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,386
    It's 4D chess... Or tone deaf idiocy.

Your choice.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • VGAddictVGAddict Joined: Posts: 105
    March for net neutrality on Wednesday.

https://www.facebook.com/events/397458310684312/
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,196
    4D chess maybe, but you'll notice they didn't feel confident enough to send a 15 year old girl to do the interview.
    VGAddict wrote: »
    March for net neutrality on Wednesday.

https://www.facebook.com/events/397458310684312/

with what a bunch of memes?

Bangladeshi immigrant tries to suicide bomb the NY subway. Bomb explodes in his pants.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/11/port-authority-explosion-reports-prompt-police-response-in-new-york-city.html

• PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,360 admin
    Its pretty racist to assume that they can't get Ids though.
    What's racist about the transportation issue identified in the article?
    Do you think that they're too poor to afford the free state ids provided by the state of Alabama? Article makes no mention of the fact that like most states, they're moving on to a more electronic system. I haven't had to actually be in an DMV since I got my license in 03. Been able to renew it online.
    I don't think the article had any problems with any of that. It notes that the changes are disproportionately affecting certain segments of the community. That's kind of the problem with voter ID laws. Deliberately creating roadblocks to solve a make-believe problem.

We kinda want everyone to vote, even if they're idiots or libertarians. But then I repeat myself.
    In other news, California is begging Trump and the USA to bale them out of their wild fire crisis, months after they wanted to secede from the mainland. Months after they laughed at red state Texas and other southern states getting hit with hurricanes, saying it was their punishment for voting for Trump. Can't help by enjoy the turn about.
    Not sure the backing for this narrative. Glad you're enjoying it. I know my friend lost his house: I'll let you know if anything else horrible happens to him so you can laugh at his misfortune. :confused:

Some people like to pretend that taxes and insurance and government services aren't important. Then something bad happens and they realize that holy fuck taxes and insurance and government services are pretty critical. I suspect that more people in California were aware of that than Texas. Sounds like some areas of Texas and California are now more aware. Then again nothing is perfect so it's easy enough to say that the government failed in whatever efforts it was working on. It's a complex and interesting mess.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file