The Ameяican Government Thread

Comments

• Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,006 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Jeb Bush really did that? Wow. And people out here trying to say the GOP really isn't racist. That video proves otherwise. Pandering to them white voters!

In other news, Preibus shows how unscrupulous the GOP is when it comes to being bold and not backing a candidate most of the party has come out against. Not that the Democrats are any better, but at least their voter base will go out and vote for another party if they have a shit candidate.
    This is offensive.
  • SadQuotesSadQuotes Begging for Thread Joined: Posts: 4,540
    I jumped off the Bernie train in December, because he wasn't getting anywhere and still isn't.

It's gonna be Hillary, because fr I'm annoyed by all the "How Bernie can win the Election" articles since November when it's clear that he's gonna lose.

Donald Trump is gonna win the Election for sure.
    This is what it feels like.
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,189
    I'm voting Libertarian if Bernie doesn't get the nomination. Even if he wins, I might vote Libertarian anyway depending on how things go before the general election.

Would Libertarianism be the best approach to governing a country as large and diverse as the USA? Let the states govern themselves, and only involve the federal government on abuses of power, civil rights, or civil liberties.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
    Seriously, the South is just the shining example in why letting states rule themselves is a terrible idea. Since the 19th Century we've had examples as to why it's a terrible--TERRIBLE--idea.

Shit, even if you gave more liberal states like New York and California dominion to set rules for themselves, one would be 100% run by developers and cronyism in the state capital while the other would be nothing but NIMBY assholes breaking up their state into 7 other states taking away money from minority-populated cities and having technocrats rule it all, respectively.
    This is offensive.
  • odinodin crystal clear Joined: Posts: 15,587 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Jeb Bush out here winning hearts and minds

JEB 2016!

I don't have sound, but what the hell is this 1890 shit going on??
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,873

JEB 2016!

JEB! LOL, my nigga was two piecing her up. Shit was thumpin. Professional victims. Bites the man, gets hit in the face until she stops, and then is like, you assaulted me. lol wut.
    LEMME GET DAT!
    Raz0r wrote: »
    States CANNOT be trusted to rule themselves. Southern states are making that argument right now. Seriously, just look at what nonsense they've been putting on the agenda since SCOTUS weakened the Civil Rights Act and the federal government's role in making sure these states don't go back to their racist as fuck roots.

Well he said let them rule themselves outside of civil injustices, abuse of power, ect.. For those things you must intervene, and have the power to do so. Not just do what you want, reinstate slavery, and legalize the selling of rocket launchers. lol. He pretty much said what is already the case right now. States make their own laws unless its completely out of hand/unconstitutional, ect...

LEMME GET DAT!
    odin wrote: »

JEB 2016!

Supposedly some BLM supporters showed up to one of his events, and were throwing rocks at people and yelling. Some lady got injured, blah blah. Jeb took it in his own hands to run one of them down. Thats who he caught i guess. Was trying to hold her until the police came, she bit him, he punched her in the face.

But thats just from the description. There is no news on this video at all that ive seen in my quick searching.
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • odinodin crystal clear Joined: Posts: 15,587 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    jimmy1200 wrote: »

JEB 2016!

Supposedly some BLM supporters showed up to one of his events, and were throwing rocks at people and yelling. Some lady got injured, blah blah. Jeb took it in his own hands to run one of them down. Thats who he caught i guess. Was trying to hold her until the police came, she bit him, he punched her in the face.

But thats just from the description. There is no news on this video at all that ive seen in my quick searching.

You would think this would have shown up on the news.
    Ex-Presidential candidate ground and pounding a woman while 2 other white males hold her down lol Holy shit.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,704
    I am more focused on my local, state, and governor races as the presidency is already lost.
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,254
    edited May 2016

JEB 2016!

I'm so flabbergasted that none of the media outlets are mentioning this? Not even Daily Show or Last Week Tonight wtf?
    I'm making a fighting game!
    SRK thread - Discord server.
    It was only released two days ago. Settle down.
    This is offensive.
  • CloudEnvyCloudEnvy I'll drop the freaking moon! Joined: Posts: 899

2 days is a pretty long time when it comes to the news.
    Watch me stream with my friends twitch.tv/superscrubbrothers
    CloudEnvy wrote: »

2 days is a pretty long time when it comes to the news.

Eh. For decades if not over a century the weekends are the deadzones for news. Even with the advent of the internet, unless it's a HUGE story it's not gonna get press that quickly. Since Bush is out of the race, who cares?

Besides, this is some rinky-dink YouTube channel. He probably doesn't have it marketed correctly so news stations can pick it up with ease.
    This is offensive.
  • VynceVynce Hater. Joined: Posts: 14,658
    I like how the one guy reacted when he popped her. Like, "What'd we talk about, Jeb? No marks. Shoot that guy with the camera. Make it look like an accident."
    "My name is Pertho and I like whoopi goldbergs tits."-Pertho
  • XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,309

JEB 2016!

Fake. Here's the source

That video still doesn't paint him in a positive light. He looks like some smug asshole holding down a darkie for the greater good. Who the fuck elected him sheriff?
    This is offensive.
    edited May 2016
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    hatin' ass Xvideos always tryin to take a brotha shine. i can't wait to sue you :mad:.
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,480
    Pertho wrote: »

JEB 2016!

I'm pretty sure that's not Jeb Bush in that video. He's dumb but he's not that dumb, and this guy looks smaller than Jeb.

That said, at this point, if it ain't gonna be Bernie, I say let's get Trump in office. Things gotta get worse before they get better right? And $hillary is basically just more of the same, scumbag that she is.
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,254
    edited May 2016
    The Republican establishment and the Electoral College will not allow Trump to win. The Democratic delegate system will not allow Bernie to win. The system is rigged and the masses don't care. America is fucked.
    I'm making a fighting game!
    SRK thread - Discord server.
    It's as if you think Democrats can't learn from their mistakes of the past.
    This is offensive.
    I can't say I will feel sorry for the Democratic Party if they lose this election to Trump. Common sense should tell you that trying to unify behind someone with over 50% unfavorable ratings, under investigation by the FBI, and constant flip-flopping is a bad idea. Republicans at least went through all their options before settling on Cruz and eventually Trump.
    What are you talking about? Trump was forced upon the GOP. Shit, he's not exactly innocent either. He's being sued AND under investigation over Trump University, Republicans aren't exactly backing him confidently, he's getting relentlessly hounded by the media (though it should be this way of any presidential candidate), and he's already at odds with the House Speaker.
    This is offensive.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

insightful
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
    edited May 2016

insightful

TYT made like at least 7 "DON'T FREAK OUT!" videos since Sanders started losing. They are in no position to call out other networks
    Post edited by Xvideos on
    There are probably more ugly women in America than attractive women. People take that stuff personally.

Either A )He's right and they will take his comment personally or B )He's wrong
    smh
  • ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,800
    Xvideos wrote: »

JEB 2016!

Fake. Here's the source

Should let the hoodrat get up then RKO her on the sidewalk.

latest?cb=20141113190409

That video still doesn't paint him in a positive light. He looks like some smug asshole holding down a darkie for the greater good. Who the fuck elected him sheriff?
    This anti-white racist supporting criminals as usual.
    edited May 2016
    Azure wrote: »
    Fake Jeb is best thing I've seen, out of this whole, sordid electoral process.

I thought birdie Sanders was kind of cool. I also liked the Trump-afraid-of-bald-eagle.gif.

Funny moments
    Jeb Bush's Please Clap Remix
    Robot Rubio
    Lincoln Chafee "IT WAS MY FIRST DAY! MY DAD JUST DIED!"
    Trump 711, big hands, look at that face, blooding coming out of wherever
    Hillary getting dollar bill donations by Bernie supporters
    Hillary barking like a dog.
    Post edited by Xvideos on
    I love how she's like "Well you're entitled to your opinion" at the end, making it pretty clear she's already in Clinton's pocket and just brought him on to look fair. The Clinton political machine has become increasingly heavy handed lately. If they aren't talking about how Bernie Sanders clearly can't win the primary, they're going out of their way to paint Sanders and Trump as dangerous and irresponsible.

There's a rumor floating around that one of the Koch brothers might donate to Gary Johnson's campaign should he take the nomination. I hope so, as that bit of funding could be an important step toward giving the Libertarian party the publicity it needs to run against Trump and Clinton. People want an option that isn't an inflated, corrupt authoritarian, and the Libertarians might be the answer people flock to. I can only hope the demand will at least get the Libertarian nominee to the debate stage alongside Trump and Clinton so the people are aware that a third option does exist.