SRK weekly SFV League 2.0

Comments

• jasonCjasonC Fish Bar Zombie Joined: Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    People be focused on Halloween.
  • Norse_FuryNorse_Fury Joined: Posts: 194
    Yea if it is this weekend I won't be able to participate. Goin campin for Halloween.
  • driftlogicdriftlogic Joined: Posts: 629
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Halloween heh...with the way things are shaking out, I don't think it'll be this weekend. Not like I'd have a problem postponing it either way, but...
    "Fucking dumb lying bastards with small dicks on XBL is what ruins multi-player at times."
    Machineking1313
  • StarslicerStarslicer WAKEUPULTRAS4DAYZ Joined: Posts: 530
    im still ready for the match whenever.
    3s: EBOOKEY
    IV: Nobody plays that shit.
    V: IBUUUUUUKIIIII - Main2be, Roo - soon2bsubbed.
    Twitch - Starslicer
    Fighter ID: Starslicer - PSN/Togenki - PC
    Starslicer wrote: »

Have you gotten in touch with @chadouken! to let him know? He was here a few posts back I think...
    "Fucking dumb lying bastards with small dicks on XBL is what ruins multi-player at times."
    Machineking1313
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,773

@Starslicer I can do it on Sunday after 10 am MST (noon Eastern time).
    This SRK nonsense will never stop.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
    edited October 2016
    Alright dudes, this begins the final week of action for this run; on account of Halloween everyone has until Saturday to finish up their matches.

The affected players are:

@TheCrimsonPugilist @beagleboy @Starslicer @Videad @SuperNes @Skins4life @chadouken!

I realize that this is WELL ahead of the TM warning, but I've noticed varying levels of communication/scheduling (mostly low levels) despite many of the listed players being fairly active on the forum from what I can tell; some as recent as a few dozen hours or so. This isn't to say that ALL of the players listed haven't been trying to work something out (Star, Chad), but the majority of those listed have either been contacting one another or seemingly figured something out with their opponent in the thread and then sort of dropped off afterwards.

Neither @Imsaiyanwil and @8bitJose have been active in over two months according to the forum timer, so they have been subsequently removed from contention.

Just to reiterate, everyone listed in this post has until Saturday (5 November) to play their matches; at that point we'll go ahead with the Shootout to take care of any ties and round out our top six ahead of The Showdown.

I just wanna get this run sorted and get into some tourney action so everyone can get back to playing again, I know some of you have been waiting to get back into it and I appreciate your patience in the matter.

Thanks!

Machineking1313
    I just wanna say that the pace of this "league" is perfect for me. As someone who has a million things to do wrt to real life, but still wants to stay semi-competitive without playing with random scrubs, this is a great venue for that.

It sounds like a bunch of you are in similar situations, and hopefully feel the same way.
    edited October 2016
    That's actually good to know and something I was going for when I sort of inherited it. Most of us are older warriors with families or other responsibilities that require us to adult more than we get to play; I just want to make sure you guys are actually able to get some matches in.

Between my new weight training program and visitation/Boyscouts with my little dudes, my work weeks have been pretty busy as of late; and I've been doing a pretty terrible job of consistently hosting lounges to keep everyone occupied during the lulls in action because of that which doesn't help curb the thumb twiddling I'm sure some of you experience between your match-ups...
    Post edited by driftlogic on
    Machineking1313
  • TheCrimsonPugilistTheCrimsonPugilist Pugilist Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 95
    MB everybody, time's been hard to find. @SuperNes I'm ready to play you this Friday or Saturday for sure, at anytime after 6pm EST.
    "Giving your all is the mark of a true champion."

Steam /Youtube/Twitch: TheCrimsonPugilist
    CFN ID: SuperCaptainAce / CrimsonPugilist
    XBL: SuperCaptainAce

SFV: Ed, Balrog, Guile
    USFIV: Dudley, Fei Long, Cody
    TTT2: Steve Fox & Jin Kazama, Steve Fox & Miguel, Lee Chaolan & Baek Doo San
    KI: Fulgore, Spinal, TJ Combo
    SF3:3S: Dudley, Ryu, Akuma
    UNIEL: Mika, Akatsuki, Gordeau
    KOFXIV: Nelson, Hein, Geese
    GGREV: Johnny
    Now you block bitch!
    i havent been on srk much anymore but if you pm me on discord im sure to get it. i should be in the discord for this and my name should be togenki.

we still havent played yet so.
    Twitch - Starslicer
  • GreenwoodGreenwood Earth, the only true God Joined: Posts: 881
    edited November 2016
    Never mind.
    SFV: CamCam Inj2: CawCaw
    i havent been on srk much anymore but if you pm me on discord im sure to get it. i should be in the discord for this and my name should be togenki.

Shit, I don't have discord anymore. Can we set a time here and just make a plan to be there?
    I'm available after work Wednesday from around 6 MST. On Thursday I have a meeting so I could do it after 9. Friday I have a banjo lesson, but I'll be home after 7. Can you do it any of those evenings? If not I'll just take the L since it was my wedding that postponed our match in the first place.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
  • VideadVidead Joined: Posts: 62
    Hi @driftlogic, this friday we will have our combat. TheCrimsonPugilist and me.
    Street Fighter 4 -- Rose player
    Super Street Fighter 4 -- Rose and Cody player
    That'll work. Hey @TheCrimsonPugilist sorry I missed this, and I'm sure you know by now but you're actually matched up against Videad. @SuperNes is matched up against @LordWilliam1234 who's still waiting on a reply from 'Nes...
    Machineking1313
  • beagleboybeagleboy Joined: Posts: 53
    @driftlogic hey skins4real and I set our matchup for lastnight got on he was in battle lounge sent him an invite he did t join so went to training mode for a min sent him a another invite he didn't join the he got off. Sent him a message asking what's up haven't heard back?
    beagleboy wrote: »
    @driftlogic hey skins4real and I set our matchup for lastnight got on he was in battle lounge sent him an invite he did t join so went to training mode for a min sent him a another invite he didn't join the he got off. Sent him a message asking what's up haven't heard back?

Hmm, ok thanks for the info. I'm gonna get in touch with him right now and get to the bottom of it.
    Machineking1313
    chadouken! wrote: »

Shit, I don't have discord anymore. Can we set a time here and just make a plan to be there?
    I'm available after work Wednesday from around 6 MST. On Thursday I have a meeting so I could do it after 9. Friday I have a banjo lesson, but I'll be home after 7. Can you do it any of those evenings? If not I'll just take the L since it was my wedding that postponed our match in the first place.

i can probably take a set up on monday. and id rather not let you just take the L.

To be honest, I don't even really play much anymore, so i may be free now.
    Twitch - Starslicer
    Alright peeps, the deadline has come and gone and I've not noticed any results posted here or in my inbox. I wanna start setting up matches for The Shootout; so if the affected players could give me an update if you have one as to whether or not you guys were able to get your matches in that'd be greeeaaat...
    Machineking1313
    @Starslicer and I kept missing each other and never got our battle in. In his defense, I was MIA for a few weeks because of my wedding, so he really shouldn't be penalized for that if it means he'll miss the Shootout because of it.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
    @driftlogic @Skins4life and I weren't able to get the match in
  • TheCrimsonPugilistTheCrimsonPugilist Pugilist Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 95
    3-0 vs @Videad in my favor. Good games man!
    "Giving your all is the mark of a true champion."

Steam /Youtube/Twitch: TheCrimsonPugilist
    CFN ID: SuperCaptainAce / CrimsonPugilist
    XBL: SuperCaptainAce

SFV: Ed, Balrog, Guile
    USFIV: Dudley, Fei Long, Cody
    TTT2: Steve Fox & Jin Kazama, Steve Fox & Miguel, Lee Chaolan & Baek Doo San
    KI: Fulgore, Spinal, TJ Combo
    SF3:3S: Dudley, Ryu, Akuma
    UNIEL: Mika, Akatsuki, Gordeau
    KOFXIV: Nelson, Hein, Geese
    GGREV: Johnny
    Now you block bitch!
    edited November 2016
    Alright, thank you everyone for your patience and honesty. I've got what I need to flesh out our shootout going forward:

@TheCrimsonPugilist Vs. @Starslicer

@SleepyFoxx Vs. @melflomil

@Skins4life Vs. @Greenwood

The winners of these three match ups will secure their spot in The Showdown!

Here are the final results for everyone tallied and recorded, the archives have been updated as well:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-7SDe1ciSmJ2Xug28WuprjpLpYUkac2xRjLqmYx4gyU/edit#gid=631268346

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19G-ElPH3k8HMS1dL8NaAiJb-7GA1E700KHbYHWp8tn4/edit#gid=220787630

Sorry for the delay in posting this for you guys and happy fighting!
    Machineking1313
    @Skins4life I'm good 6-8pm weeknights and pretty much whenever on weekends (as long as I have a heads up). EST.
  • MemorycardMemorycard Rashid Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 515
    @melflomil I'll be out of the country on Friday and won't be back until the 21st...so I'm only good for tonight 8-11pm (est) and tomorrow same time. Let me know if that is doable.
    Main: Rashid
    Others: M. Bison, Alex & Ed
    ......I don't trust Capcom.
  • melflomilmelflomil Above Average Fighter Joined: Posts: 2,813
    SleepyFoxx wrote: »
    @melflomil I'll be out of the country on Friday and won't be back until the 21st...so I'm only good for tonight 8-11pm (est) and tomorrow same time. Let me know if that is doable.

@SleepyFoxx just seen this now. Guess we wait until the 21st lol
    SF5 = Laura
    UMvC3= X-23, Chris Redfield & Dante
    PSN= melflomil
    @driftlogic

@skins4life beat me. I defaulted. We planned a time and I forgot.
    Ah dammit that sucks to hear dude...ya hate to see this type of thing happen! I guess that puts the first Shootout match in the books then.
    Machineking1313
    melflomil wrote: »

Hey. I'm back on today if ur ready.
    melflomil wrote: »

Hey. I'm back on today if ur ready.

Cool just let me know when before 8pm
    SF5 = Laura
    PSN= melflomil
    Just seeing it. We can do it now or 6:30. I'll fire up the PS4 in a few and send an invite
    edited November 2016
    @SleepyFoxx now is good PSN same as my srk tag
    SF5 = Laura
    PSN= melflomil
    @driftlogic FYI, Melflomil took it 3-1
    Hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving!

We've got just one more Shootout match between @TheCrimsonPugilist and @Starslicer before I can start putting together brackets for The Showdown; don't forget to wipe the gravy off your buttons first.
    Machineking1313
    Cranberry sauce > gravy
    jasonC wrote: »
    Cranberry sauce > gravy

Whoa, whoa, WHOA...everybody just CALM DOWN. Let's not say things we can't take back here...
    Machineking1313
    So looks like this has fizzled out again?
    Hopefully not I'm thinkin its just the holidays.
    edited December 2016
    Nope, still alive and kickin! I messaged @TheCrimsonPugilist concerning his match with @Starslicer just yesterday. I'm moving Crimson ahead with a win as it doesn't look like Star has been on in QUITE some time (a month to be precise) and I'll get brackets generated for The Showdown.

Is everyone cool with doing it this Saturday evening?
    Machineking1313
    edited December 2016
    yea i'm cool with that - like 8:45 PM
    Alright dudes brackets are up for The Showdown!

You can view them at the following link:

http://challonge.com/TheShowdownSRK2

Action will start at 2030hrs. @jasonC looks like you've got a by leading into things so starting a bit early shouldn't affect you I wouldn't think; I don't imagine we'll be starting at 2030 on the nose anyway.
    Machineking1313
    Awesome was just about to say I need It later In the day
    Anyone want to run sets tonight?
    beagleboy wrote: »
    Anyone want to run sets tonight?

Damn, I didn't even check the thread last night. I've been pretty dick deep in FFXV here lately...my Cammy is probably SO ass right now I haven't played in what feels like forever lol...
    Machineking1313
    @driftlogic yea I've been busy with work and a backlog of Wii U games I been playing but hyped for season 2
    Lounge is up! We'll be getting started here real soon...
    Machineking1313
    Be there in 15 min
    Invite me... if this still happening lol
    My bad I forgot we were in different time zones
    edited December 2016
    Doesn't look like it tonight. You and @TheCrimsonPugilist seem to have been the only two who showed up lol..
    Post edited by driftlogic on
    Machineking1313