SRK weekly SFV League 2.0

Comments

• SuperNesSuperNes Joined: Posts: 16
    @TheCrimsonPugilist are you free? I can play tonight up until 11pm pacific
  • LLLLLFiVEL5LLLLLLFiVEL5L ¡!¿?¡!PSN:LLLLLFiVEL5L¡!¿?¡! ¡!¿?¡!CFN: FiVEL_FiGHTER_5L¡!¿?¡! Joined: Posts: 161
    SRK don't have an app huh? Would be nice to get notices , I don't mind passing out my cell for this Tournament ... would that be cool ?
  • TheCrimsonPugilistTheCrimsonPugilist Pugilist Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 95
    SuperNes wrote: »
    @TheCrimsonPugilist are you free? I can play tonight up until 11pm pacific

MB updating. Been a bit busy these past few days. Are you available 8pm pst tomorrow? Definitely should be ready then.
    "Giving your all is the mark of a true champion."

Steam /Youtube/Twitch: TheCrimsonPugilist
    CFN ID: SuperCaptainAce / CrimsonPugilist
    XBL: SuperCaptainAce

SFV: Ed, Balrog, Guile
    USFIV: Dudley, Fei Long, Cody
    TTT2: Steve Fox & Jin Kazama, Steve Fox & Miguel, Lee Chaolan & Baek Doo San
    KI: Fulgore, Spinal, TJ Combo
    SF3:3S: Dudley, Ryu, Akuma
    UNIEL: Mika, Akatsuki, Gordeau
    KOFXIV: Nelson, Hein, Geese
    GGREV: Johnny
    Now you block bitch!
  • CyberfishCyberfish Joined: Posts: 174
    If you has the room, Ill toss my hat in the ring.

CFN-Cyberfish
  • driftlogicdriftlogic Joined: Posts: 648
    Alright, dudes...got your updated standings for you right here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-7SDe1ciSmJ2Xug28WuprjpLpYUkac2xRjLqmYx4gyU/edit#gid=48533227

SRK don't have an app huh? Would be nice to get notices , I don't mind passing out my cell for this Tournament ... would that be cool ?

That would be rather helpful and I'm honestly surprised there isn't one by now; as for the phone number thing, that's totally at your discretion; If you feel it'll help get things sorted quicker for you then by all means go for it. Perhaps I'll create a contacts list for those interested to help everyone get matches started quicker without having to constantly check the forum for replies.

I only ask that you please maintain initial contact for match time scheduling in this thread either via PM or standard thread post/tag (be it a tag to your opponent or in response to a tag from your opponent) in the interest of tracking; so that I can more accurately and fairly enforce the 7-day stip.

@Cyberfish there's always room, my friend; this run is still young so I'll go ahead and add you to the roster now. I ended up giving up my spot for this run, since the player count was off; but things are even now with the addition of yourself so I'll match you up against me (the wildcard).

Thanks, everyone!
    "Fucking dumb lying bastards with small dicks on XBL is what ruins multi-player at times."
    Machineking1313
  • GreenwoodGreenwood Earth, the only true God Joined: Posts: 888
    @driftlogic - I'm pretty sure you can boot The Martian.
    Injustice 2 - Wonder Woman, Joker
    Boring, stale, predictable FGs - Cammy, Kuma, whatever yawn zzzzz
    Greenwood wrote: »
    @driftlogic - I'm pretty sure you can boot The Martian.

I'm in 100% agreement with you, I'm feeling the same way; but per this new rule I'm trying he's got one more day, so it's only fair that I at least honor that, as much as that might seem like a waste of everyone's time.
    "Fucking dumb lying bastards with small dicks on XBL is what ruins multi-player at times."
    Machineking1313
    Instead of phone numbers, maybe an email list so it isnt that personal, plus everyone gets their email on their phone so it is more accessible.
  • melflomilmelflomil Above Average Fighter Joined: Posts: 2,813
    How do you know if everyone has a phone?
    SF5 = Laura
    UMvC3= X-23, Chris Redfield & Dante
    PSN= melflomil
    I dont, but if my 10 year old has an ipod touch, which also accesses email, I would assume everyone has an easier access to email than the forums.

Plus if people are willing to give out their phone numbers, I assume they have a phone. LOL.
    Yeah, in hindsight maybe phone numbers could be seen as a bit close to home; I'm totally ok with putting together an email contact list if you guys want. I can add it to the Sheets doc we've got already (I can't edit this thread as I've simply inherited it).
    Machineking1313
  • MemorycardMemorycard Rashid and Jubei Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 522
    I'm not providing my number to you crazy people lol. But I do check SRK almost daily at my desk from work, and my username is the same as my PSN ID. I actually don't even check my email account. I'm sitting on 6,000+ unread messages...so yea no emails from me.
    Main: Rashid
    Others: M. Bison, Alex & Ed

BlazBlue: Jubei
    ......I don't trust Capcom.
  • beagleboybeagleboy Joined: Posts: 53
    Yea I jst leave me signed in and check every other day to see what's up
  • Norse_FuryNorse_Fury Joined: Posts: 194
    @8bitJose would thursday 430-6pm est work for u?
    edited September 2016
    Cyberfish wrote: »
    everyone gets their email on their phone so it is more accessible.

Not me. But to make up for that lameness, my phone bill is only $20 a month.

EDIT - Actually, I'm not that lame. I have a decent android, it just doesn't make phone calls. So I can get email on my phone.
    edited September 2016
    Never made it home to get this announcement out I so this is much later than I anticipated.

@The Martian has failed to reply within the 7 day stipulation period and as a result has forfeit his points. Additionally, this is the second no show; as per No Show Protocol #808 The Martian has been removed from The League until further notice.

Full points have been awarded to @Greenwood for this Run:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-7SDe1ciSmJ2Xug28WuprjpLpYUkac2xRjLqmYx4gyU/edit#gid=48533227

As you were...
    Machineking1313
    @8bitJose would thursday 430-6pm est work for u?
    edited September 2016
    @Cyberfish what's gonna be a good time/day for you to play, my dude?
    Machineking1313
    Alright, small change in match-up plans. @Greenwood has opted to play against @Cyberfish rather than taking the full points from the forfeit; SO:

driftlogic Vs. Cyberfish

is now

@Cyberfish Vs. @Greenwood

Greenwood, your points total for this Run has been reset to zero:

Thanks and happy fighting!
    Machineking1313
  • beagleboybeagleboy Joined: Posts: 53
    @driftlogic if you want to get some sets in let me know I'm off Friday and Saturday
    Word, I'm way down...I gotta work tomorrow and won't be home until probably closer to 1930 or so after getting my little dude, but I'm home all day Saturday...
    Machineking1313
  • jasonCjasonC Fish Bar Zombie Joined: Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @Videad CFN says you haven't been on since 9/6 - you still alive? RIP?
    Starslicer takes it over LLLLLFiVEL5L, good shit fellas! Here's the story so far:

Machineking1313
  • LLLLLFiVEL5LLLLLLFiVEL5L ¡!¿?¡!PSN:LLLLLFiVEL5L¡!¿?¡! ¡!¿?¡!CFN: FiVEL_FiGHTER_5L¡!¿?¡! Joined: Posts: 161
    I don't mind texts for match ups , I just have my emails notifications on off with my phones . I totally agree that it does hit too close to home but it's one of the only ways to contact me instantly . Maybe I should make a new email and have that notify me ?!?!? Hmmmm
    So how do I find out who I fight next? Or we wait for an message ?
    App would be pretty convenient
  • SuperNesSuperNes Joined: Posts: 16
    @TheCrimsonPugilist hey man. I've been pretty busy as well. However, I should be free tomorrow (Sunday) to play. Let me know if you're available.
    damnit! I busted up my phone where I use the internet. I'll check in every so often with my PS4 web browser , I just giving you all the heads up
    @8bitJose when are u free to fight this week?
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,824
    @melflomil

...also I still need replay IDs from people if you want your matches uploaded.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Strider
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • VideadVidead Joined: Posts: 64
    jasonC wrote: »

I do not play very often but I'm always connected at night and ready to fulfill our fight. All last week I was online in PS4 (not exactly playing SFV, but I was Saturday and Sunday all day online) The problem is we are players of different platforms so we can not see when we are online each other...

Is there a group of discord where we can tell when we're online?
    Street Fighter 4 -- Rose player
    Super Street Fighter 4 -- Rose and Cody player
    edited September 2016
    So how do I find out who I fight next? Or we wait for an message ?
    App would be pretty convenient

There's only one match per Run for each player to sort out; once you're done that you're done for that Run until new match ups are posted in which you will be tagged. That said, I try to host a Battle Lounge at least once a week (I've not been very consistent admittedly) and you're certainly more than welcome to ask/message other League players for casuals when there's a lull in the action such as this.

As for the Discord thing; we tried that when The League was first formed and it proved somewhat cumbersome for a lot of people however I'm not above revisiting the idea if it will make communication easier for some players.
    Post edited by driftlogic on
    Machineking1313
    Videad wrote: »
    jasonC wrote: »

I do not play very often but I'm always connected at night and ready to fulfill our fight. All last week I was online in PS4 (not exactly playing SFV, but I was Saturday and Sunday all day online) The problem is we are players of different platforms so we can not see when we are online each other...

Is there a group of discord where we can tell when we're online?

Just come on at 9pm any night and find me then. I play every night. It looks like it's easier for you to find me that it is for me to find you.
    jasonC over Videad 3-0
    Machineking1313
    Hey dudes, couple things. I'm gonna try (TRY) and host a Lounge sometime between today and Friday this week if anyone wants to run some casual sets; hell if I can manage to find the time I'll host one today, tomorrow AND Friday.

Also, I've gone ahead and created a Discord server for those players that have been having issues linking up with one another after scheduling their matches:

https://discord.gg/Kuy5n8B

This link is set to never expire, if anyone has trouble getting in please let me know. Keep in mind I'm not reinstating any Discord requirements here; I still need everyone to schedule their matches, and report the results of your matches here in this thread or through PMs on the forum NOT in the Discord chat. I won't be checking it regularly so any match results posted there may as well not be posted at all as I won't see them and they simply won't be tallied.

Thanks!
    Machineking1313
    Drift, if I see you on, I'll join.
    Lounge is live...
    Machineking1313
    edited September 2016
    Ggs @Greenwood you've quite clearly got the better Cammy! Really starting to like this match up and I usually hate mirrors lol...
    Post edited by driftlogic on
    Machineking1313
    Ggs. I think most people hate mirrors.
    I agree, Mirrors suck. LOL.

I swear someone is out to keep Greenwood and I from fighting.