Metal Modular Cases on eBay...

Comments

• TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,884
    Looks well made from what I could see, would have been nice to have 4 holes on the back though for next gen.(Start, select/back, touchpad click for fighting games, home/ps button)
  • poisonmarpoisonmar Joined: Posts: 453
    edited March 2016
    Tensho wrote: »
    Looks well made from what I could see, would have been nice to have 4 holes on the back though for next gen.(Start, select/back, touchpad click for fighting games, home/ps button)

I was thinking of making a 4th hole if I get one, but it makes me a bit nervous.
    Post edited by poisonmar on
  • slaycruzslaycruz Joined: Posts: 1,320
    edited March 2016
    I bit the bullet and ordered the blue one...will update once I get it...looks pretty solid from what I can tell and see...fingers crossed.
    Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
  • fundandofundando monitor cyborg Joined: Posts: 479
    edited March 2016
    I talked to the seller last week and he is looking for feedback on what layout people are looking for. Send him an ebay message and he responds pretty quickly.
    I love to mod.
    Fightsticks, computers and cars.
    Check out my youtube for tutorials and more!!!
    >>>> http://tinyurl.com/zqsugqt
    slaycruz wrote: »
    I bit the bullet and ordered the blue one...will update once I get it...looks pretty solid from what I can tell and see...fingers crossed.

Let us know, hopefully he'll make more.

• MonkeyGovernorMonkeyGovernor Joined: Posts: 193
    I ordered 2 as well just over the weekend to give it a shot. Will keep you updated on what I think!
    Been emailing the shop owner and he will be making more and some with astro city layouts...said his goal was to make it mod friendly once he gets his stock up to par so panels accessories will be available individually later on...sounds very promising to me.
    Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
    Been emailing the shop owner and he will be making more and some with astro city layouts...said his goal was to make it mod friendly once he gets his stock up to par so panels accessories will be available individually later on...sounds very promising to me.

Nice. I really like the design and how mod friendly they look.
    I ordered 2 as well just over the weekend to give it a shot. Will keep you updated on what I think!

Awesome. I hope those are nice.
  • ed1371ed1371 Yogahh Joined: Posts: 1,528
    The seller has quite the stock of parts. I dont know of anyone in chico ca tho.

So who is this mystery seller? The plexi sticks look like arts hobbies tho

The metal cases look decent. When i get one i am thinking jasons tho when i take the plunge... lol navy pun.
    why crimp when you can solder??

PSN: Nippage
    ed1371 wrote: »
    The seller has quite the stock of parts. I dont know of anyone in chico ca tho.

So who is this mystery seller? The plexi sticks look like arts hobbies tho

The metal cases look decent. When i get one i am thinking jasons tho when i take the plunge... lol navy pun.

He did say the plexi is from tek innovations in item description when I bought mine.
    edited March 2016
    Hello @Allfightsticks welcome to the forum! I see you found my link :)
    I love to mod.
  • AllfightsticksAllfightsticks Joined: Posts: 27
    fundando wrote: »

Thanks for the welcome, happy to join the community! https://facebook.com/allfightsticks
  • WHITE_4ND_N3RDYWHITE_4ND_N3RDY Joined: Posts: 113
    edited March 2016
    I seen these on eBay as well. Was courious to buy and drill additional 24mm holes but was woried that I'd chip the paint cost doing so. I went with foehammer and tek-innovations for my two builds. If they design extra button layouts and add next gen button configurations I'd be more than happy to order these cases.

As of know I'm just not comfortable drilling into these metal cases potentially damaging or chipping the paint. I would love to see others build here with these cases though! I almost bought a white on white one that was on auction.
    WHITE 4ND N3RDY: Acidmods admin, Controllermax staff member. Cement Masons Local 555, representing the triple nickel.
    @Allfightsticks Why do you have another metal plate between the top plexi and metal case, for extra strength opposed to sticks like the Etokki Omni that are just 30mm holes drilled in the case and plexi and no other metal plate.
    Omni-KR-wiring-500x500.jpg

Also 4 24mm holes in the back would be a good idea for next gen, and layouts like Namco Noir or Sega Lindbergh.
    edited March 2016
    fundando wrote: »

Thanks for the welcome, happy to join the community! https://facebook.com/allfightsticks

@Allfightsticks Great looking sticks. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out to get one. I wanted to get the blue one but @slaycruz beat me to it right after I started this thread lol.
  • FedoraFedora Joined: Posts: 204
    @Tensho I think that is so that you can change the button layout such as viewlix, noir, etc...
  • Finest_KOFinest_KO Joined: Posts: 186
    Wow, these look really clean. I can't wait to see what your next builds look like. Also, good to see something so incredibly dope coming out of Chico, welcome fellow Californian!
    Extra holes in the back won't be a problem. We already made a change to the Gen4 where we moved the Neutrik hole over so it falls in between the JLF and the buttons. That way if you are using a straight USB cable it doesn't run right into your first set of buttons. Here is an unfolded version of the case and I just made a quick 4 button layout. I'd love to hear how you guys think the layout should be and what buttons you would assign to which holes. Also, if anyone wants the case in raw steel so you can do some mods before you put a finish on it that's not a problem.

Unbent%20Case.jpg
  • neimanneiman Joined: Posts: 918
    @Allfightsticks just hit you up. check your srk pm!
    i exist neither above or below you; i exist inside of you
    The buttons on the back are pretty much preference on which button should be assigned to which hole, but from left to right I would do Touchpad click button, PS/home, Share, Option.
    What type of layouts are you planning? They have some layouts that the stick is further from the buttons but that could be done if your hole cut out is large enough.
    http://i.imgur.com/t1GLn.png
    Got holes? This is what we have so far. Also we could make an alternate case with the joystick farther out but all the same button layouts available. I'll have to have my Solidworks guy put that mod on the todo list. How much distance do you guys want from the stick to the buttons?

layouts.png
    edited March 2016
    Are there going to be options for button holes on the side panels? In terms of spacing for the joystick, as long as a hayabusa doesn't interfere with the buttons, then we're copacetic.
    Yes, button holes on the side panels as well. Everyone has so many great ideas and personal preferences we hope to offer a variety of body sizes and layouts so there is something for everyone. This design is just a starting point to get the manufacturing figured out and to streamline the process so we can try to adapt to as many custom requests as possible.
    Finest_KO wrote: »
    Wow, these look really clean. I can't wait to see what your next builds look like. Also, good to see something so incredibly dope coming out of Chico, welcome fellow Californian!

Thanks so much! I'm glad you like the look. Also thanks to everyone for the great feedback.
  • Nucking Futs!Nucking Futs! Joined: Posts: 1,279
    Looking good! Can't wait to see & read all the guinea pig sticks! :#
    Current fav's the Hori RAP4 VLX! Like the MickeyD's commercial..."I'm lovin it"
  • LLeg3ndLLeg3nd Always Eating Joined: Posts: 294
    I'm really digging the look. Might order one if you ship to Canada, eventually.
    twitch.tv/relevantjohn
    LLeg3nd wrote: »
    I'm really digging the look. Might order one if you ship to Canada, eventually.

You can buy stuff from them from Ebay.ca and shipping is quite cheap, at least for big things like the case.
    It says in the descriptions of the cases that the plexi is provided by tek innovations. Are these specially cut, or are they something like the TE plexi?
    edited March 2016
    @Finest_KO Arthur at Tek-Innovations cut these specifically for our enclosure based on the DXF files we sent him.
    Post edited by Allfightsticks on
    anybody gotten one of these yet? I'd like to hear what people think.
    I love to mod.
  • ThamanatorThamanator Joined: Posts: 73
    How do these play , on carpet, in the winter? :) I was just wondering, since I live in OH and had problems with the madcatz SE with the metal bottom plate on it, shorting due to static electricity.
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,069
    edited March 2016
    Thamanator wrote: »
    How do these play , on carpet, in the winter? :) I was just wondering, since I live in OH and had problems with the madcatz SE with the metal bottom plate on it, shorting due to static electricity.

How to solve any static issues with any stick. Attach anywhere on the metal panel where you could a wire. Like one of the screws on the Joystick mount would work.
    Connect this to ground on your printed circuit board or to the ground of the USB cable.

This way any static is dissipated to ground. Its how an anti-static wrist strap works.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,345 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hori T5 button layout would be nice (last 6).

I got mine today...and I am very impressed with how hefty and well built the case is. It weighs just unser 10 lbs...about the size of a TE and solid...can't wait to load it up.
    I got mine today...and I am very impressed with how hefty and well built the case is. It weighs just unser 10 lbs...about the size of a TE and solid...can't wait to load it up.

Did it come with a Neutrik or was that just for the pictures?

edited March 2016
    poisonmar wrote: »

Did it come with a Neutrik or was that just for the pictures?

It came with the neutrik...got it case in white with red sides...there's alot of potential in these cases.