Metal Modular Cases on eBay...

Comments

• poisonmarpoisonmar Joined: Posts: 453
    edited March 2016
    slaycruz wrote: »
    poisonmar wrote: »
    I got mine today...and I am very impressed with how hefty and well built the case is. It weighs just unser 10 lbs...about the size of a TE and solid...can't wait to load it up.

Did it come with a Neutrik or was that just for the pictures?

It came with the neutrik...got it case in white with red sides...there's alot of potential in these cases.

I like how accessible everything looks and the PCB mounted on the top panel as opposed to the bottom.
    Post edited by poisonmar on
  • ninja vninja v Joined: Posts: 91
    I'm having 2 "custom" built cases by them - 1x vewlix style and 1x umk style - we've been collaborating on the build and he/she has been really open to my ideas.

He really wants to know what the community wants built, so he can add on to the already solid/slick design he has come up with. i'll let you guys know how it turns out. B)

Check out his facebook page - word of warning have something to catch the drool outta your mouth when you do.
  • MonkeyGovernorMonkeyGovernor Joined: Posts: 193
    edited March 2016
    I'm still working on my build (just waiting for some buttons to come in), but my initial review of my V2 case so far is great! I love the feel/weight of it, easy to work and has everything I need for my layout inside and out.

Once I have everything in place I'll post a picture, but again, this is great. I've also been in contact with him over Facebook and its been great so far.
    I just ordered mine. Aaron has been a pleasure to deal with. Awesome customer service. He answered all my questions and then some. Can't wait to get my hands on this.
  • karduskardus Joined: Posts: 100
    edited April 2016
    Are we able to choose colours? I only see a red one available (on ebay). Would love to get one in all black.
    kardus wrote: »
    Are we able to choose colours? I only see a red one available. Would love to get one in all black.

You should ask @Allfightsticks directly, he'll be able to tell you what they currently have available or maybe give you options. I know for a fact that it's not limited to what they have on their eBay store.
  • steve14steve14 Joined: Posts: 61
    it's always encouraging to see new builders and new products. @Allfightsticks hope to see you guys more on SRK
  • ninja vninja v Joined: Posts: 91
    edited April 2016
    Are we able to choose colours? I only see a red one available (on ebay). Would love to get one in all black.

i'm shifting from black body/grey sides to low gloss body/gloss black sides since the black on black would match a heck of alot to any artwork i'd put on. i'll let you know how it turns out.

visit his facebook page and message him. He is working on a batch of builds right now and has said that he is trying to offer different options to the consumer, it'd definitely have to be made to order and may have additional costs.
  • inoriinori Joined: Posts: 5
    are there mounting options for the MC cthulhu and smaller form factor PCBs like the focus attack or paradise arcade brook breakout boards?

https://www.focusattack.com/ist-pre-installed-brook-ps3-ps4-fight-board-pcb-kit/
    http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-console-joystick/1660-brook-ps3ps4-fighting-board-with-paradise-breakout-.html
  • BiggzBiggz Joined: Posts: 47
    I wish people in the UK / EU made custom cases like these. :s
  • oodkoodk Joined: Posts: 343
    Will buy a all white case in the future if ya offer it or case with vinyl on it
  • fundandofundando monitor cyborg Joined: Posts: 479
    oodk wrote: »

They already have them. check their ebay shop.
    I love to mod.
    Fightsticks, computers and cars.
    Check out my youtube for tutorials and more!!!
    >>>> http://tinyurl.com/zqsugqt
  • emphaticemphatic Joined: Posts: 479
    Very sexy products.
    I love shmups and never play fighting games.
    Here's my Guwange stick: http://www.emphatic.se/?p=197
    The white case is so tempting... Gotta wait until my TEK case come in first
  • MonkeyGovernorMonkeyGovernor Joined: Posts: 193

My case is white, and like @fundando noted, they are available.
    edited April 2016

That's all you my man :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-Metal-Modular-Custom-Arcade-Fight-Stick-Case-Enclosure-Sanwa-Ready-US-Seller-/262364997497?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

• NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,358
    One thing to note. The layout should be centered in 6 button form and not 8. This isn't a 6 button vs 8 button thing. It's a comfort thing. It's OK for 4p and 4k to stick out a little to the right if it means more room on the joystick side.
  • karduskardus Joined: Posts: 100

Looks great, would definitely be interested in a matte black one with the 4 buttons on back and countersunk screws if thats possible at a later time.
    @slaycruz Can we get more pictures
  • lolmarklolmark Joined: Posts: 237
    Is there an option to have a windowless bottom panel? I'd like to use that space to apply a foam slipmat.
  • slaycruzslaycruz Joined: Posts: 1,320
    lolmark wrote: »
    Is there an option to have a windowless bottom panel? I'd like to use that space to apply a foam slipmat.

There is no window on the bottom panel...there is a metal bottom plateperfect for anti slip foam.
    Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
  • AllfightsticksAllfightsticks Joined: Posts: 27
    NENDO wrote: »
    One thing to note. The layout should be centered in 6 button form and not 8. This isn't a 6 button vs 8 button thing. It's a comfort thing. It's OK for 4p and 4k to stick out a little to the right if it means more room on the joystick side.

We do custom work, all you have to do is ask. As we continue to work out design finalization more layouts will become available.

Looks great, would definitely be interested in a matte black one with the 4 buttons on back and countersunk screws if thats possible at a later time.

Also working on flush mount/counter sink top panel screws as well as a fastener-less top panel.

lolmark wrote: »

Bottom panel is powder coated metal, colored to your requests, Windowed bottom panel is nearly finished and will be available in the near future.

Can't wait
  • PerkolatorPerkolator sernic berm Joined: Posts: 142
    NENDO wrote: »

i wish all sticks were laid out that way :|
  • Playa_VPlaya_V CFN: Playa-V Joined: Posts: 222
    edited April 2016
    @NENDO This is the spacing as it currently is on our box. It is centered based on the 6 button layout. It sounded like that was a suggestion but since that is how our box already is I was just confused. I just want to get your clarification. Thanks.

spacing.png
    I actually noticed on the last few pictures that your cases are built that way. Looking good.
    Edgar wrote: »
    @poisonmar

These would look great on your stick.

I need to look into getting some of those.
    poisonmar wrote: »
    Edgar wrote: »
    @poisonmar

These would look great on your stick.

I need to look into getting some of those.

I think @Edgar is selling a set for like $10. PM him.
  • ISKoneISKone Joined: Posts: 31
    Ooooo So clean...

Can you accommodate a hitbox layout with 24mm?
    What are the dimensions?
    How far along are you guys on the flush mount options? Is there a current countersunk option?
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,061
    ISKone wrote: »
    Ooooo So clean...

Can you accommodate a hitbox layout with 24mm?
    What are the dimensions?
    How far along are you guys on the flush mount options? Is there a current countersunk option?

If you are willing to go back and read the post on page one you would see this

02.JPG

I highly doubt this case can accommodate a Hitbot layout without some major modifications
    hitbox.jpg

“Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    edited April 2016
    edit: It's a little late.... I thought you were the Sales Rep.

Thank you for the response. Yes, I saw the pictures and I have read through this thread. As I don't know what your manufacturing/ordering process is like nor do I know what volumes you are dealing with with I cannot just guess at how feasible that is.

Can you cut a new template?
    What about my other questions?

Thanks in advance.
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,061
    I did look into getting custom one-off case made by another seller in the past, the various R&D costs didn't make it economically feasible.
    From most metal shops, just making a new pattern for a CNC machine cost too much money for a one-off.
    It looks like their designs are modular enough to accommodate most Joystick layouts, but the Hitbox layout is another thing entirely.
    The Joystick mount just gets in the way. I would hate to cut into a existing base just to make a hitbox layout fit and ruin that power coated finish.

The size? From the following post http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10698939/#Comment_10698939
    I can take a guess using the onscreen ruler and say the top panel is approx 14 by 8, which is very close to standard size for an averaged-sized arcade stick.
    Probably very similar to Jasen Hick's Version 1 Gen 1 Panzer Arcade stick with maybe more options due to it's modular nature. Without knowing how the gauge of the sheet metal they used, I willing to guess it's very similar to weight. I think Jasen used 16 gauge steel for his Panzer sticks. Maybe Allfightsticks' cases are a bit heavier due to it's multiple pieces and modular nature, but that be a guess on my part.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    We are working on accommodating a Hit Box™ style layout. Our initial thoughts were that it would hit the joystick mounts as well, but after overlaying the layout I was surprised to see it makes it just under. The support layer of the case continues to evolve to allow more button layouts. The most recent addition being UMK. We are hoping the next version will be stickless compatible as well.

The case dimensions of this current model are approximately 14.5" by 8.5" and the weight can vary depending on what combinations of metal and acrylic you choose. An all metal version of the box is just under 9 pounds. All the top and bottom panels are available in steel or acrylic so you can significantly reduce the weight if you want to.

We are currently working on various flush mount options as lots of people have asked about that. No eta on those at this time but we will have multiple fastener options in the future.

This is a stickless layout overlaid on our most recent UMK compatible support layer.

Button%20Layouts_hitbox.png
    Wow, that sure is close. I thought the directional buttons might hit the posts too but there is plenty of room. I thought about buying one and throwing it on a mill to cut out the new template but I'm worried I would mess up the finish. Please do keep us up to date, this looks very doable so I have my hopes up. If you have a solution before hitbox arcade has the ps4 version in stock then I'll buy one.

There a lot of ways to do flush mounting, captive nuts, countersunk screws, bezel, etc.

I'm sure it was mentioned but what colors are available? Can your powder coater do any of the candies?

Great work! Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Thanks for answering my questions.
    Am I the only one that thinks the screws look good the way they are? This is the same way it's on the original TE and everyone loved that thing. It's also the same way it would be on virtually any stick if you ever got a plexi from Art. Someone is always going to come along and not agree and ask for something different no matter what, but speaking as someone who has one and has been playing on it for the last few days, this thing is pretty great the way it is.

I wouldn't hesitate to order another one right away if I didn't have so many other projects going on at the moment. If you like the case just get one, don't wait for a "final design" because everything beyond this point is just nitpicking and won't really improve that much on what is already a great design.