Metal Modular Cases on eBay...

124»

Comments

• Karr80Karr80 Joined: Posts: 98
    edited July 2016
    It looks like they can, but can someone please confirm if screw ins will fit?

Even if they don't I'm looking forward to the 22"
    "It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent."
  • AllfightsticksAllfightsticks Joined: Posts: 27
    @Karr80 I just tried some Seimitsu screw ins and they worked fine. I've never tried any Sanwa though.
    @Karr80 I just tried some Seimitsu screw ins and they worked fine. I've never tried any Sanwa though.

Thanks.
    I would be using the Seimitsu ones anyways.

Are you able to put buttons on the sides?
    @Karr80

Yes. All the pieces of the case will be sold individually so you can mix and match sides and get ones with or without button holes.

Side%20Buttons.JPG
  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,262
    mR_CaESaR wrote: »
    @mR_CaESaR Here are a few examples of all white, all metal cases we've made:

Is that what you had in mind?

I just calculated shipping to Australia for someone else and it was about $85 but I'm not sure how much that varies across different parts of the country.

Let me know if you have any other questions and thanks for the inquiry.

Perfect. Thanks.

I'm still weighing out my options.

one factor you should consider (more or less depends on which region you are from) on a all metal panel...it can get very cold which is unconfortable.

@appomo

Good point about the cold. With our case only the endoskeleton needs to be metal. The top button layout layer and the bottom access panel layer are available in acrylic instead of metal. It reduces the weight of the stick significantly for those who don't want a workout every time they lift it up and it should help address the temperature issue. Because all the pieces are sold individually you could even buy just the support body and sides and make your own top and bottom out of wood or any other material. The body takes care of the the joystick and pcb mounting as well as the Neutrik hole and option buttons which takes a lot of the work out of building your own case.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,422
    How much is the weight of a 14 x 8 case with both top and bottom as plexis (sans steel panels)?
    @jopamo

It weighs about 5 1/2 pounds when you substitute the top and bottom with acrylic. That's approximately 3 pounds lighter than the all metal version.
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,061
    This the last post is bugged and it's appearing as unread on my screen.
    I just going to post here and see if it would stop.

Continue on with your fine work everyone.
    @jopamo

It weighs about 5 1/2 pounds when you substitute the top and bottom with acrylic. That's approximately 3 pounds lighter than the all metal version.

Makes sense to me.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • WHITE_4ND_N3RDYWHITE_4ND_N3RDY Joined: Posts: 113
    edited August 2016
    Here's my custom fightstick case I orderd from AFS!

0817161434_zpsqk9lfpd5.jpg

0817161435_zpsjuqil7s4.jpg

0817161435c_zps2winsbaj.jpg

I have a ps360+ inside but plan on adding paradise arcades brooks ps3/4 usb switcher for my dual mod. The joystick is a sanwa jlw and I must say I LOVE this joystick. Its very solid and feels solid as well. The tension in the joystick is just right. The throws are a little long but it does not bother me as that's what I'm use to in all the joysticks I've used growing up. The 30mm buttons are semitsu and the 24mm buttons are sanwa. I plan on changing the bat top out for paradises skinny bat top (blue) to try something different and valence out the color scheme on my fightstick.

I love this case as it's just built super solid and the joystick and buttons all have the solid feel. This fightstick is like a tank. I'll update pics of the inside when I get the new prototype pcb from paradise!
    WHITE 4ND N3RDY: Acidmods admin, Controllermax staff member. Cement Masons Local 555, representing the triple nickel.
    edited August 2016
    24mm Hori Hayabusa buttons look badass on the mini-tex black!
    2gwt5z9.jpg
    Post edited by jopamo on
  • karduskardus Joined: Posts: 100
    I need those matte buttons for mine!
    kardus wrote: »
    I need those matte buttons for mine!

I got them from HERE.
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 990
    When? How? @Allfightsticks is this deep enough for a Perfect360 lever???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252761949006
    s-l1600.jpg
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
    @Feargus001100 I believe this guy put one in the one we sold him:

https://facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10210986856683619&set=p.10210986856683619&type=3&theater

The acrylic window does slightly decreases the interior space of the case so he did express some concern about it possibly touching if the acrylic flexed while on his lap. He also got an all metal bottom just in case but I don't think he switched to it. I think he just got it as a backup plan.
  • STEZO_ONESTEZO_ONE FLUSH TOWN Joined: Posts: 521
    Amazing. I might just to pick one up.
  • WHITE_4ND_N3RDYWHITE_4ND_N3RDY Joined: Posts: 113
    edited August 2017
    Here's a preview of my new custom fightstick from AFS. It will house a UFB and MC chuthulu with an imp v2.1 board. I have two custom joystick moutng plates. The main one will be for my Il joystick. The other mounting plate will fit any jlf style mounting. The flush top anodized black aluminium buttons will be Il with cherry microswitchs. The home, select, start, touch button, l3, r3 & turbo buttons are 16mm spst switches which are all mounted on the main top portion. I also have a pro cable from Jansons custom creations I'm very excited about this build, I will have almost all custom legacy cords made by myself for all my retro systems. I'll be doing all my own wiring as well. Can't wait to post final pics of the build when completed!

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0Bxc43E-mo1hyakVSbTFLczFXNGs
    Post edited by WHITE_4ND_N3RDY on
    WHITE 4ND N3RDY: Acidmods admin, Controllermax staff member. Cement Masons Local 555, representing the triple nickel.
    edited August 2017
    Nice! Liking those 16mm button holes up top.
  • butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,620
    edited August 2017
    Incoming soon! Cannot wait!

410771_img1160.jpg

• zero_requiemzero_requiem Joined: Posts: 222
    @jopamo really love how clean the wiring is! Where did you buy the wiring to do this?
    Thanks a lot! I bought everything but the quick disconnects at my local Fry’s. I got the quick disconnects from Paradise Arcade Shop.
    jopamo wrote: »
    Thanks a lot! I bought everything but the quick disconnects at my local Fry’s. I got the quick disconnects from Paradise Arcade Shop.

Good to know thanks. Just giving credit where its due and hope I can get my build as clean as yours.
    I’m hoping to top what I’ve got up above with the two AFS cases I bought for myself last year. I’ve been sitting on em for ages, just experimenting with different wiring techniques to make things as clean looking as possible. I’ve got a solder/crimp hybrid method down that I’m going to show around here soon. Hopefully it all turns out well.
    @jopamo awesome man I look forward to seeing the new work. Be sure to post some pics she you're done!
    Forgot to post pics of mine in this thread when I finished it.........

186043_9b91b10a63964b9c8ee5262edf805e0e.jpeg

278184_b1c4c30862474a9486e0da77ad5c6815.jpeg

906253_679a5bcfd68a45d2aff52534a36939d6.jpeg

494372_bd9556e97a144d1590a3d93b6f1ef653.jpeg

903268_5b4852009db542e0ac27f9e1dc0e47ee.jpeg

461665_068bc2597bd44ab687e7115de7da4461.jpeg

@butteroj looks amazing! Love the color scheme of everything.

@butteroj @jopamo just out of curiosity what size techflex are you guys using? 1/8 or 1/4?
  • ykdykd Joined: Posts: 124
    jopamo wrote: »
    I built this one for a friend. Donated my Silent JLF and Gamerfingers (because I'm just a nice guy)

u1Lc37o.jpg
    rbB22xh.jpg
    GrsTzut.jpg

More images HERE.

Beautiful man! Just curious what type of buttons you have in there ? The bottom looks different than anything even ever seen before. Really like how clean your build looks too. How do you manage to pull the ends out of the sides of the tech flex like that ? Really looks great though. You and @butteroj both have some very great looking cases.

@butteroj @jopamo just out of curiosity what size techflex are you guys using? 1/8 or 1/4?

3/8" Techflex

@ykd those buttons @jopamo used are gamerfingers

edited October 2017

@jopamo just out of curiosity what size techflex are you guys using? 1/8 or 1/4?

I typically use 1/4" TechFlex with 3/8" 3:1 ShrinkFlex. But I like to use thin-ass gauge wire..like 26AWG.
    Most wire you'll source at stick retailers is thicker than that, so it will be harder to work with at 1/4."

For that black stick above I used sleeving, shrink tubing, and 22AWG wire from Fry's.

@jopamo thanks for the reply! Unfortunately there are no Fry's in Canadia but I should be able to get all of it at MRO electronics.
  • ylnahnylnahn Joined: Posts: 10
    Really nice sticks here.
124»