The Paragon Thread - RETURN TO AGORA!

Comments

• CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,240
    Been noticing quite a few Howitzers the past few days.

I'm also tempted to take Steel for a run. I love playing TB, but I feel like a point guard - I setup a ton of kills and get the assists. I've had games w/ like 4 kills and 16 assists, which is dope - but sometimes I just want the kill. I feel like until I get Impact Hammer to drop for me, I'll be running CP3 style PG. Hopefully when that Impact Hammer drops, I can play more of a Russell Westbrook style - kills and assists all day.
  • SleazoidSleazoid Joined: Posts: 4,744
    i've always believed howitzer is a lot better than the bottom tier placing most people give him. gadget too. they're just a lot harder to play effectively.

by the way, gadget is currently bugged and throws two sticky bombs instead of one. if you see more of her, that's why.
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,578
    I love how everyone is crying to get Murdock nerfed when Sparrow is the best carry in the game. Gonna be funny when he gets nerfed and Sparrow gets even stronger as a result.
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
    GomuGomu wrote: »
    I love how everyone is crying to get Murdock nerfed when Sparrow is the best carry in the game. Gonna be funny when he gets nerfed and Sparrow gets even stronger as a result.

I think less people complain about Sparrow b/c at this point most folks are playing using matchmaking and she doesn't have any type of escape. On a pre-made that knows what they're doing, she's basically unstoppable right now.
    edited April 2016
    Yeah, they just look at the one time they got one shorted by a fed Murdock who had Damage buff and Prime Orb and shout out OP without looking at the entire picture. Sure Murdock hits hard but Sparrow hits just as hard, crits YOUR ENTIRE TEAM in 2 seconds and doesnt have to worry about missing shots while gaining increased damage per shot. Let's not even talk about how strong her push is, or her ability to root far away targets, or her ability to deny areas and pathways from people in travel mode.

Anyway, Feng Mao is quickly becoming one of my favorite heroes to play. His kit is so well thought out and fun to use. I never played him pre-nerf and it's funny because I am destroying people with him. I can only imagine how herp derp he was before.

Another thing I've noticed is that people really haven't got a hang on how to build yet and gimp themselves by building 12 point cards at the start of the game. By the time they've finished that card I'm about to start on my third card while still having pots and wards. I may not do 250 damage per shot but I've already got my 50% crit bonus and a 40% chance to crit. Shit is hilarious when someone gets hit with that early crit and their life just disappears.
    Post edited by GomuGomu on
    Yeah, they just look at the one time they got one shorted by a fed Murdock who had Damage buff and Prime Orb and shout out OP without looking at the entire picture. Sure Murdock hits hard but Sparrow hits just as hard, crits YOUR ENTIRE TEAM in 2 seconds and doesnt have to worry about missing shots while gaining increased damage per shot. Let's not even talk about how strong her push is, or her ability to root far away targets, or her ability to deny areas and pathways from people in travel mode.

Anyway, Feng Mao is quickly becoming one of my favorite heroes to play. His kit is so well thought out and fun to use. I never played him pre-nerf and it's funny because I am destroying people with him. I can only imagine how herp derp he was before.

Another thing I've noticed is that people really haven't got a hang on how to build yet and gimp themselves by building 12 point cards at the start of the game. By the time they've finished that card I'm about to start on my third card while still having pots and wards. I may not do 250 damage per shot but I've already got my 50% crit bonus and a 40% chance to crit. Shit is hilarious when someone gets hit with that early crit and their life just disappears.

I actually realized that this past weekend. From all the starter guides I read, it was best to build up a card before adding another. I decided to try going to a second a lot earlier and the difference was immediately noticeable. I really need to some Major Guard cards if they exist. My Tempered Plate is basically useless w/o it.
    it's one of the good points of the card system, your characters' power spikes and troughs are determined more by your deck than by the character's actual kit. (or you can put five impact hammers in your deck and have a power curve that's completely smooth)

it's probably going to get rebalanced before the game goes live though, something like a bonus (or penalty) to the completion bonus based on how much CP is spent completing an item. getting basically an infinity edge for 6 CP is too good lol.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Y'all need to learn me sparrow
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,440
    Played this a few times, it looks like it has a lot of promise. My tolerance level for solo queueing MOBAs has officially dropped to zero at this point though. If this had come out right after Dawngate died, I'd probably have gone in harder. As it stands now SF5 is out, Dark Souls 3 is out, Overwatch is on the way. Just haven't found a reason to invest in another MOBA grind right now, especially when I'm not a huge fan of the card system.

Won most of the Sparrow games I played until the last couple times, played with friends of mine who just aren't into MOBAs much and only tried it because it was from Epic. Maybe you guys can sell me on another run at this.
    edited April 2016
    Played this a few times, it looks like it has a lot of promise. My tolerance level for solo queueing MOBAs has officially dropped to zero at this point though. If this had come out right after Dawngate died, I'd probably have gone in harder. As it stands now SF5 is out, Dark Souls 3 is out, Overwatch is on the way. Just haven't found a reason to invest in another MOBA grind right now, especially when I'm not a huge fan of the card system.

Won most of the Sparrow games I played until the last couple times, played with friends of mine who just aren't into MOBAs much and only tried it because it was from Epic. Maybe you guys can sell me on another run at this.

If you're like me and solo queuing then the only reason to play is to get familiar with heroes and builds that interest you. More and more premades are starting to appear and winning goes out the window. I personally don't trust a match made team to a) work together and b) understand basic MOBA strategic theories, etc. I've had way too many teammates try to save a tower by jumping in head first 1v3 before the rest can get there to expect anything different.

I love the card system w/ the exception of the random drops. I currently can't compete late game w/ an opposing TB who has Impact Hammer. It's his strongest card and just hasn't dropped for me yet. Whether that's a problem w/ the card or the system is up for debate.

Movement and movement abilities are the game's biggest issues though. I like the current default movement since this is a MOBA, but I do wonder whether speeding the game up and giving towers more XP health would be better. There's something about being forced to move so slow in a third-person perspective that I understand can be annoying and less appealing to a lot of players.

Then there's melee movement abilities that are ridiculous. The advantage in playing a ranged character is that you can do your thing from afar and have a few tools to keep it that way. The advantage to melee is that once you get inside those defenses, you can destroy any ranged character. The problem comes in that it's way too easy for a melee to get in on ranged. They currently either have more abilities to close distance than ranged have to widen it and in other cases melee just laugh at what you do have available. The amount of options need to be equal on both sides so that the chess match can take place.
    Movement speed is getting a buff and there's another character balance pass coming.

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/blog/state-of-the-game-month-one
    CTG wrote: »
    I love the card system w/ the exception of the random drops. I currently can't compete late game w/ an opposing TB who has Impact Hammer. It's his strongest card and just hasn't dropped for me yet. Whether that's a problem w/ the card or the system is up for debate.

That's 100% a flaw of the system for a game like this, and it's a similar issue that drove me away from Supernova as well after Dawngate closed. People can debate that it's not a problem, but it definitely makes me not want to invest more time in a game like this.
    edited April 2016
    It's all fucked up, somehow I answered your quote as a quote from you, and every edit is making it worse. Can't be bothered.

Yeah base movement and movement speed penalties need a look at. People can backpedal while attacking and it takes too long for you to get to them if you're running forward.
    Iggy & Scorch officially announced, they look fun.
    https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/blog/new-hero-reveal-iggy-and-scorch

I seriously cannot wait for the Muriel nerfs and movement speed buffs. She makes me not want to play the game.
    I'm already wondering what the next hero is going be like. Sevarog and Iggy & Scorch's photos were already on the website as part of the marketing.
    Had a big comeback win last night. Was trying a new build on a revised deck, so I wasn't playing well early. The opponent had us down to zero inhibitors and our core to 60-something percent, to their completely protected inhibitors. Teammate calls for a surrender, I voted against because you don't get to play like crap and then just surrender. Folks need to feel the results of playing poorly.

We push them back and win a huge team fight, wiping their entire side. We push their mid, taking down the a tower, inhibitor and getting their core to about 70%. They begin to panic and everyone tried to play the hero, allowing us to pick them apart one-by-one until our inhibitors all come back up. We push their mid again, win another team fight and then just zerg their core for the dub.

2f1d2fd0a98d32da1323f1d6c33d623a.gif
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    All of you experienced peoples need to help me with some tips and tactics to scrub the scrub off of my scrub ass. Game ain't showing me one single reason as to why I shouldn't hit delete right now.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
    Starhammer wrote: »
    All of you experienced peoples need to help me with some tips and tactics to scrub the scrub off of my scrub ass. Game ain't showing me one single reason as to why I shouldn't hit delete right now.

-Starhammer-

Rule #1: Don't play it like a shooter. You'll be tempted to and fall into a lot of those tendencies.

Rule #2: Learn by playing Murdoch. He has faster moving speed than everyone else and is massively OP right now. You'll die a lot less and kill a lot more, allowing you make a lot more mistakes w/o being killed mercilessly.

Rule #3: The game does a horrible job explaining how cards work. YouTube a few videos about the card systems as players do a much better job. Do the same w/ whatever hero you decide to go with.

Rule #4: DO NOT play it like a shooter. You'll be tempted to and fall into a lot of those tendencies.
    edited April 2016
    nah, fuck murdock, gideon is the homeboy if you want to learn this game
    Watching a Iggy & Scorch stream - dude is ridiculous. Jungling and pushing mad easy.
  • 2-D2-D Praise BasedGod...Hand Joined: Posts: 998
    Everyone on my friend list is playing this shit, then I hear something about free founder packs. Am I missin something?
    PSN:ForeverKing901
    3DS:3969-5077-5320
    WSHH is like a genital herpes to the black community - Gimpy
    Youtube: http://m.youtube.com/user/infamoustechnique
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

-Starhammer-

Rule #1: Don't play it like a shooter. You'll be tempted to and fall into a lot of those tendencies.

Rule #2: Learn by playing Murdoch. He has faster moving speed than everyone else and is massively OP right now. You'll die a lot less and kill a lot more, allowing you make a lot more mistakes w/o being killed mercilessly.

Rule #3: The game does a horrible job explaining how cards work. YouTube a few videos about the card systems as players do a much better job. Do the same w/ whatever hero you decide to go with.

Rule #4: DO NOT play it like a shooter. You'll be tempted to and fall into a lot of those tendencies.

:rofl: Must have been watching me. I swear I was doing ALL of this wrong. I'll try it again after I get through playing smite so much. Gods are winning once you learn how to play.........................which I'm fairly convinced NO ONE can do. whatever though. It's at least providing some entertainment.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
    edited April 2016
    2-D wrote: »
    Everyone on my friend list is playing this shit, then I hear something about free founder packs. Am I missin something?

just about everyone who is already in got another free early access code in their email a few days back

i say just about everyone because i haven't heard anyone complain about not getting one, even though the email says it's a reward for spending so much time on the game
  • 2-D2-D Praise BasedGod...Hand Joined: Posts: 998
    Well....which one of you bastards has one? Wanna play with Iggy & Scorch. Scorch reminds me of my old roommates wife.
    PSN:ForeverKing901
    3DS:3969-5077-5320
    WSHH is like a genital herpes to the black community - Gimpy
    Youtube: http://m.youtube.com/user/infamoustechnique
    edited April 2016
    Sleazoid wrote: »
    2-D wrote: »

just about everyone who is already in got another free early access code in their email a few days back

i say just about everyone because i haven't heard anyone complain about not getting one, even though the email says it's a reward for spending so much time on the game

I didn't get one, must not have enough hours in yet.

Anyway, I played who might've been the best Muriel in the game yesterday. My squad just couldn't get a kill w/o her showing up and turning our victim into a tank. They were obviously a premade, but nobody on that squad was all that great - just decent. Muriel would pop up and turn their decent Steel into Rampage Jr. Can't count how many times I'd ambush someone thinking it was any easy kill and Muriel using her ultimate to show up and I'm fortunate to just escape.

Maybe that Muriel wasn't good, maybe the player was finally playing her like she should be played. The Muriel I had on my squad in a different game just laned the entire time.

Next time I see an opposing Muriel, I'm going to my piercing upgrade much, much earlier. Speaking of which, how does everyone feel about the revised deck builder? I like it sooooooo much better than the old version.

-Starhammer-

:rofl: Must have been watching me. I swear I was doing ALL of this wrong. I'll try it again after I get through playing smite so much. Gods are winning once you learn how to play.........................which I'm fairly convinced NO ONE can do. whatever though. It's at least providing some entertainment.

-Starhammer-

If you're doing solo queue, try to win but don't get discouraged if you don't. A lot of folks still don't know MOBA fundamentals, on top of that fact that you'll end up playing premade squads quite often. For now, just find a character you like and experiment w/ builds. I still haven't finalized my TwinBlast build yet.
    Twinblast is sick. Trying to play him and having a lot of fun with his kit. The mobility is so valuable.
    huh. i went in really hard the first few days but have only been playing one or two a day ever since. only like lv22 right now, figured everyone would've passed me by now and gotten one lol.

new deck builder is kind of a pain in the ass. it's definitely better in some ways, but you can't filter specific stats, scrolling is kinda annoying on PS4, and upgrade linking is actually a nuisance for builds that need to be more flexible.
    Twinblast is sick. Trying to play him and having a lot of fun with his kit. The mobility is so valuable.

I tested a Lifesteal card w/ him today. Completely tanked a Rampage using his ultimate and won. Had 3 Major Drain upgrades. About halfway through you could tell he didn't know what was going on. Also had a Tempered Plate equipped.

I wanna test cool down reduction as well to try and maximize the uptime for Rocket Jump.
    Sleazoid wrote: »
    huh. i went in really hard the first few days but have only been playing one or two a day ever since. only like lv22 right now, figured everyone would've passed me by now and gotten one lol.

new deck builder is kind of a pain in the ass. it's definitely better in some ways, but you can't filter specific stats, scrolling is kinda annoying on PS4, and upgrade linking is actually a nuisance for builds that need to be more flexible.

You get 8 flex cards that can go anywhere and filtering is coming. They said they wanted to get it in w/ the new builder but it was 100% done.
    edited April 2016
    Murdock nerf and card filtering on the way, red/blue buff timers extended and a reworked jungle in the works
    https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/blog/new-cards-deck-builder-features-murdock-balance

edited April 2016
    I wanna test cool down reduction as well to try and maximize the uptime for Rocket Jump.

I wanted to do that as well but there is not enough space in my build. Hell, I don't even have space to build attack speed on TB.

Bout time Murdock got nerfed.

I wanted to do that as well but there is not enough space in my build. Hell, I don't even have space to build attack speed on TB.

No space to build up attack speed? What's you're build? Attack speed is a must for TB.

No space to build up attack speed? What's you're build? Attack speed is a must for TB.

Well it's a lie, i do have one card that has attack speed on it but i don't upgrade it at all. I come from Sparrow who's base attack speed is garbage and with TBs passive and 1 skill which is almost constantly up, i don't feel like i need attack speed.

In my build i start with Flash Fire Piston and health pot. As soon as the team clears red and blue buff I can buy a Major Strike so I have 30 something power in the first 2 minutes of the game, then I upgrade with another Major Strike and 2 point Strike. After that I build Adamant Edge, Spear of the Rifthunter, Blade of Agora, Brand of the Iron Eater, and my last item is situational. It's either Rust Breaker for penetration, or a Tuned Barrier so Murdock only kills me in three hits and not two.
    Right now I start w/ Health Potion and Redeye Nitro for early crit chance boost and attack speed. I then go Rifthunter and Windcarver Blade in that order. After that I max out Rifthunter w/ 3 Major Strikes and Windcarver w/ 2 Major Kinetics and 1 Vicious Kinetic, then max out Redeye Nitro with 3 Wounds. The rest is based on how the game is going.

This morning I messed w/ my deck a bit to add some cooldown reduction (Incessant Onslaught) and get Lifesteal in earlier. I tried starting the game w/ Lifesteal, but it's useless unless you have upgrades for it. I was only getting +1 health, where later in the game w/ 3 Major Drains I was getting +54 per hit and my TB attacks fast later in the game.

this weekend is a stress test/double XP weekend so you can play if you've signed up for beta and I think it's already started.

maybe if you hit lv20 they'll let you stay lol.
    Had another amazing comeback, almost exactly how my other one went so I won't bother explaining. The game after though...

Why do I always get paired w/ horrible Muriel players?

The other team's Muriel was doing their thing. Wasn't great, but got those buffs up and made a pest of herself. Our Muriel always decided to try and pull off a split push in the middle of a fight.

09853609393b130798ee59238026be21.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file