The Paragon Thread - RETURN TO AGORA!

123457»

Comments

• PterodactylPterodactyl The time has come and so have I Joined: Posts: 7,188
    Yeah she's the biggest pain in my ass lately, much worse than Aurora or Murdock ever were for me. At least I didn't have to worry about Dock going super Saiyan with a beefy splitting projectile every time I got within melee range.
    spread'em
  • angelpalmangelpalm Oink oink Joined: Posts: 23,338 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Game just taking up space on my hard drive but I had to comment on this new character. I made the exact same character a few weeks ago for a pathfinder game.
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,151
    Played two games w/ Shinbi - lost both but she's fun to play.

On a sidenote, I always say I'm not gonna play on new hero day and I always end up doing it. For whatever reason it's like the scrubs are in super full force. I get a Sev who didn't build stacks and doubled up in offlane instead of playing support like he said he would. Even with all that, we have a chance to win the game - all our Greystone has to do is group with us to siege mid. The other team were down a man due to a bug so we had a 5v4 advantage - the only reason we were able to come back. Instead he goes left, making the fight even and the other team were clearly better than mine.

But my Shinbi went 10/3/7 that game! Could've had more kills but still need to get the hang of sniping with the wolves while chasing. I don't feel like she OP or weak, they did a great job keeping her balanced.
    Yeah people were crying that she wouldn't fit because she has no CC but she's one of the biggest bullies in the game with that kit right now. Her only hard counter is Greystone because he requires so much damn mana to put down that's it isn't even worth fighting him I find.

Nuking people out of view with her ult and sniping peope with the wolves when they want to get greedy is super fun. She is damn strong late game.
    spread'em
    I love using her ult on Howie when he tries to escape with his ult. So, so satisfying. Same with Gideon and his teleport.
    edited February 23
    What I love is that people don't know how fucked her dash is yet.

By mid to late game it does +300 and can be done twice in one cast, so that's a 600 damage nuke, plus a few hundred more damage since you're gonna want to have the circle popped as well. That's more than most ults and is only like 80 points of mana, in a dash.

And that itself is +3 stacks at least, which do around +150 each themselves.

I've been obliterating peope with her so far, just got out of a 12-3 game.

spread'em
    I've been having a tough time with matchmaking the last few days. 8-game losing streak right now. Getting teamed with folks who literally don't know understand anything about grouping, target prioritization, etc. It's been like trying to herd rabbits. I'm taking a break for a bit. The frustration levels were off the charts last night.

I do love me some Shinbi though.
  • 2-D2-D Praise BasedGod...Hand Joined: Posts: 959
    edited February 23
    Matchmaking is so disgusting that's what turns me off the game. 8-9 game losing streak. Tons of games with people using default decks. Ask these guys wtf they're doing & I either get a response in Spanish I don't understand, or like yesterday where a guy legit told me to give him a break because he just started TWO DAYS AGO.

That's always been my complaint, if matchmaking is the problem that's the main thing that needs to be looked at, I could've waited on Shinbi & Elsa if matchmaking was getting fixed.

Wanted to see what you guys were talking about with Sparrow in solo queue.....sweet jesus.
    Post edited by 2-D on
    PSN:ForeverKing901
    3DS:3969-5077-5320
    WSHH is like a genital herpes to the black community - Gimpy
    Youtube: http://m.youtube.com/user/infamoustechnique
    Yea, I don't know what happened. I'd say the last week or so, the matchmaking has been extra bad. Agora isn't official, but just to illustrate - I was at 1460 and was doing just fine. Working my way to that Platinum League. Then it started. I'm at 1370 now. It's literally like whatever can go wrong does wrong. Either it's a messed up team comp, a feeding Greystone (0-5-1 @ 21mins and was playing SAFE LANE), etc. I had double the amount of wins as one person had total games played!

I wouldn't be surprised if sooner than later, Epic reveals they had a MM server bug or reset their internal rankings or something similar. This is what makes normal people toxic.
    spread'em

Been playing Serath since she dropped, then I read all of those buffs they gave her....She is gonna be nasty.
    Never been big on Serath. Something about her just doesn't click with me.
    Alright.

This one is mine.

Y'all can't have her, she's all me.

oRfiHl4.gif?forcedesktop=1

She's so fucking sick, can't wait for Tuesday.
    spread'em
    edited March 31
    Yea, she looks pretty dope. I haven't played PVP in a good month and change due to matchmaking frustrations. Probably come back when they drop the map changes on Tuesday.

EDIT: Make that Thursday. No way I'm going back in PVP on new hero day. Nope, nope, nope.
    Welp, fuck every other caster.

I'm all in on Morigesh, she's perfection in design and kit.
    spread'em
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 3,880

She's not meant for midlane though. Her wave clear is trash.

Way better offlane harassing the carry.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
    Eskills wrote: »

She's not meant for midlane though. Her wave clear is trash.

Way better offlane harassing the carry.

I mean I didn't say anything about mid, but cool.
    spread'em
    edited April 20
    Literally no ones in here raging about ok Revenant lol?
    I haven't played Paragon PVP in at least 2 months. Got frustrated with the playerbase learning the game so slowly. I'm still keeping tabs on things and will probably get back into it after I clear a bit of backlog or significant enough changes are made to make me hop back in.
  • drwill439drwill439 I'll never understand. Joined: Posts: 2,953
    CTG wrote: »
    I haven't played Paragon PVP in at least 2 months. Got frustrated with the playerbase learning the game so slowly. I'm still keeping tabs on things and will probably get back into it after I clear a bit of backlog or significant enough changes are made to make me hop back in.

I'm probably one of the players that pissed you off. My one issue is that it's a card based system. If you don't know how to build a balanced deck that works correctly, you're not really gonna do anything in the game.
    Steam: [PCFL]Dr. Will Xbox 360/One: DrW1ll439
    PSN: drwill439 CFN:WKA439 (PS4) or drwill439(Steam)
    Epic has admitted that the card system has issues and they’ve been working on a revamp. However, I don’t feel that the issue that I believe is the core of what’s bugging me - it’s bad decision making. The one thing that frustrates me the most is the lack of common sense. People doing the same thing over and over to negative results and continuing to do it. Things didn’t get better over time and it got to the point where I was winning games and still pissed off.

Paragon is like 80% decision making. The technical ability required to play Paragon isn’t very demanding - it’s mainly focused on reading the map, reading situations, digesting information and making the best decision possible. When teammates consistently displayed the lack of ability to make good decisions, I knew it was time to take a break. I can’t count how many times defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory b/c of teammates lacking fundamental understanding of the weight of their decisions.

I DO NOT blame them. Paragon’s playerbase in general is new to MOBAs, so I get it. I’m just not gonna waste my time while the playerbase catches up.
    2-D wrote: »
    Literally no ones in here raging about ok Revenant lol?

What's there to rage about?

He's actually pretty balanced.

The only questionable thing In his kit is the fact that his ult isn't a true 1v1.

---

Speaking of,

spread'em
    https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/v42

I've been watching the tutorial streams the past couple nights and it's finally time for me to get back into Paragon. I'd been toying w/ the idea on and off for about a month, but w/ them finally putting in the new card system, I'm all in again. Do yourselves a favor and check out the update page along w/ Agora.gg which has a list of all the new cards.

Some quick FAQs:
    • You will lose all your cards, mats, etc - but they will be replaced w/ TONS of stuff. Epic employees have stated that if you have all the cards now, you'll probably have all the new cards in v42 once you open all your loot.
    • The focus won't be on building stats (for the most part), instead it'll be building abilities and perks.
    • Decks can be used w/ any heroes. No longer locked to specific heroes.
    • Iggy and Scorch got a rework!
    • Crowns!

There really is a ton of stuff to go over when v42 hits. It looks like we'll have to learn the game all over again, but it seems more than worth it.

@CTG what was your epic id again? Get some games in with everyone here. This new update has me excited for tanks. Watched a Severog game and it got me excited to play Riktor again.
    @2-D, its CTGx
    Sucks about the server issues today. Feel sorry for anybody that took the day off to play. I was able to get on the server around 10p. Played a bot game (Offlane Aurora) and messed around creating a new deck. I'm only missing 1 card from each affinity, which is pretty great.

The biggest change for me is definitely going to be the new control scheme - everything else is pretty easy. The new card system seems complicated until you do that first bot match (they force you to do it) and everything just clicks.

YOU HAVE TO DO A BOT MATCH BEFORE YOU CAN BUILD A DECK. This is how they force everyone to through a mini-tutorial of the new system.

I want to try Aurora, Countess and Shinbi in the jungle and some creative stuff w/ Kwang, Greystone, Belica and Wraith.

Overall, this update is an enormous step in the right direction for Paragon. Love it.
    This shit is wild y'all.
    spread'em
    Don't have supports down yet, but my Countess build? Good lord this game is broke lol. Got half a game in before the servers went down, said I left. Banned my account for a week lol. Least I made an alt account when I forgot my psn password.

And fuck that new control scheme. Changed that shit back to Legacy Controls real quick. Even then I have to get used to tapping L2 as opposed to holding when I wanna upgrade an ability, acvidently bring up the card shop & get blew off lol.
    I've got a nice early game jungle build - working on a transition to late game. Wasn't sure Aurora could jungle, but she can wreck shop.

I'm not really feeling the Order cards - not really my style. Knowledge has some really dope ones I'm making use of though. This system is going to get crazy when they start adding more cards.
    Have you all seen anyone drop wards yet? Cuz I haven't seen anyone drop wards yet. lol.
123457»