Kingsman: The Golden Circle -Sept. 22, 2017

Comments

• NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 716
    edited April 13
    Channing can't act his way out of a paper bag. He is one dimensional. His delayed speech pattern is also a clear sign of either chronic cannabis use or head trauma. The only things I give him credit for are his physique, athletic ability, and dexterity.

As far as Halle Berry is concerned, she does not have the range that some of the better actresses have. However, with the right director and casting I believe she can do well. I personally enjoyed her role in Gothica. She usually fails when she is cast as a femme fatale and she tries too hard to radiate self confidence and wit.
    Post edited by NeverYouMind on
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,778
    edited April 13
    Was never a fan of Tatum till I saw 21 Jump Street. FoxCatcher solidified him as more than a one-dimensional actor for me, the guy is seriously talented
    He only does well when cast as a jock or a frat boy. That is the limit of his range. I doubt the character he is cast to portray possesses either of those qualities, but I could be wrong.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,764
    Lol no.

The guy has more range than that and has shown it.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,019 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Why the fuck would you care about Channing Tatum's acting ability in an over the top spy movie? Even if you think he's not a great actor, the idea of these movies is to be entertaining and fun. I'm sure Tatum can do just that. Hell, I'm sure even Halle Barry will be okay.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Lol no.

Where has he shown it? Name one movie where his performance is noteworthy and he is not just riding on the coattails of his costars.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,814
    I want to see this movie. Glad to see it's coming soon.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 14
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Lol no.

Where has he shown it? Name one movie where his performance is noteworthy and he is not just riding on the coattails of his costars.

A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints
    Movie was good even if RDJ received top billing iirc
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,455
    Give me another church scene and i'm good.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

A Teaser.............
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,142
    the first movie was hella awesome
    can't wait to see the second one :)
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    good lord
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • KaboXxKaboXx FIGHTING CAT Joined: Posts: 3,960
    Is that who i think it was
    3ds Fc-3797-6411-3706
    My Gallery and works!
    http://kaboxx.deviantart.com/
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 25
    KaboXx wrote: »

yes....theyve been advertising him coming back for a while. its no secret.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    I'm really interested in how they're gonna explain this. I was expecting him to kind of be a memory that mentors Egsy some more... but I guess not. lol
  • KaboXxKaboXx FIGHTING CAT Joined: Posts: 3,960
    maxx wrote: »
    KaboXx wrote: »

yes....theyve been advertising him coming back for a while. its no secret.

Aaah snap! I havent been following the sequel as much, i was genuinly surprised to see him. Trailer was dope
    3ds Fc-3797-6411-3706
    My Gallery and works!
    http://kaboxx.deviantart.com/
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,098
    Did I see Justin Timberlake?
  • BigDeweyBigDewey Joined: Posts: 1,983
    Yeah, I especially love that part in the trailer where he took back the night. Amazing!
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,847 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ehh looks like they went the Baypolosion route I'll pass.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    The original trailer for Kingsman looked like all style and no substance. Glad I gave the film a chance. I'm sure the sequel will be just as fun as the first film.
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm really interested in how they're gonna explain this. I was expecting him to kind of be a memory that mentors Egsy some more... but I guess not. lol

just re-watched kingsman the secret service and in the scene where harry hart is "killed" by valentine, it's a wide shot that cuts off right after he hits the floor.
    seeing as he wears an eye-patch in some of the promo pics, harry may have survived that gunshot since they didn't show him getting his brains blown out.
    tataa8P wrote: »

just re-watched kingsman the secret service and in the scene where harry hart is "killed" by valentine, it's a wide shot that cuts off right after he hits the floor.
    seeing as he wears an eye-patch in some of the promo pics, harry may have survived that gunshot since they didn't show him getting his brains blown out.

To be fair though, even though the movie is violent, I don't recall any headshots in the movie displaying brain matter. The headshot was pretty consistent with the rest of the film in terms of violence. It was a pretty convincing death scene.

To be fair though, even though the movie is violent, I don't recall any headshots in the movie displaying brain matter. The headshot was pretty consistent with the rest of the film in terms of violence. It was a pretty convincing death scene.

as a general rule of thumb for TV or movie character deaths, unless it's explicitly SHOWN that the character did indeed perish then it can be made to accommodate the resurrection of said character.

jon snow is immune to this rule though.
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,717

as a general rule of thumb for TV or movie character deaths, unless it's explicitly SHOWN that the character did indeed perish then it can be made to accommodate the resurrection of said character.

Just got done watching the first movie since my fiancee never saw it. They just walked away without checking
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,847 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Too be fair everyone called Jon Snow returning 2 minutes after he died. Everyone was like nah not buying it.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    Now that's some product placement... lol
    edited May 1
    They basically took the origin story for the Kingsman and MURRICA'd it while getting some ad dollars for production.

This is so genius I can't stand it.
    Optimus124 wrote: »
    Just got done watching the first movie since my fiancee never saw it. They just walked away without checking

that scene was pretty genius:

Valentine: You know what this is like? It's like those old movies we both love. Now, I'm going to tell you my whole plan, and then I'm going to come up with some absurd and convoluted way to kill you, and you'll find an equally convoluted way to escape.

Harry Hart: Sounds good to me.

Valentine: Well, this ain't that kind of movie.

[shoots Harry in the head]

Valentine: Is he dead?

Gazelle: That tends to happen when you shoot someone in the head.

LOL

Dude... where the hell is Roxy/Lancelot? Did they just write her out of the story offscreen? :/
    Dude... where the hell is Roxy/Lancelot? Did they just write her out of the story offscreen? :/

She's in the other trailer.

Oh... She didn't seem to be present at any other point in the first or second trailer though. Wonder if she dies in the beginning of the film... which would suck because I liked her character.

Oh... She didn't seem to be present at any other point in the first or second trailer though. Wonder if she dies in the beginning of the film... which would suck because I liked her character.

Probably going to be some gopher mission and she'll be back at the end.

That one time.......

-Traitor Aizen Souske

A sharp dressed man.............

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • YunaYuna Politically correct as fuck since 2006 Joined: Posts: 7,492
    Halle Berry's perky haircut makes my knees weak.
    "Here's the thing, kids: words mean things, and most of what gets slagged as 'political correctness' is really just being nice, and most of the 'righteous complainers' are simply jerkwads who don't think certain people or groups deserve their niceness. If you're a guy, and you've ever uttered something along the lines of 'dude, sexual harrassment doesn't exist. That's just something chicks make up when they change their minds,' guess what, bro. You're not the lone hero standing up to feminist PC police. You're a pig."
    --Bob Chipman

"It's a male myth about feminists that we hate sex."
    --Maude Lebowski