Kingsman: The Golden Circle -Sept. 22, 2017

13»

Comments

• tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    FOBio wrote: »
    Yuna wrote: »
    Halle Berry's perky haircut makes my knees weak.

But it makes my penis strong

Did you see her in that Catwoman movie?
    giphy.gif
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,708 mod
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/kingsman_the_golden_circle/reviews/?type=top_critics

Reviews are a mixed bag.

Some claim the action and characters are too over the top; some liked the "if it aint broke, dont fix it" nature of the film.

It's unusual to see a Matthew Vaughn film get bad marks since his last 3 films imo were great.
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,765 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm surprised to see these movies have a following. I saw a first and it wasn't that entertaining nor funny. I thought for sure it wouldn't get a sequel.
    This is offensive.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,498 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lmfao. clearly you didnt see how much money it made.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,765 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I don't really care about how much a movie makes in. That doesn't affect me. I just care if it's a good movie or not. It wasn't.
    This is offensive.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I don't really care about how much a movie makes in. That doesn't affect me. I just care if it's a good movie or not. It wasn't.

you said you were shocked by it getting a sequal. lol...your personal taste wont have any indication of that. i mean china is exclusively the reason why wow is getting a sequal lmfao

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,140
    first movie was so sik
    sec movie just by the trailer looks even more sik

SIK lol
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 563
    Its enjoyable if you liked the first one. Still over the top and campy.
    And any movie that begins with Prince can’t be too bad.
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    First one was a bit better but this sequel had more fun in it. Hated to see that one I liked died.
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 25
    This thread is a lot more quiet than I thought.

I just got back from seeing it.

Pros:

Action sequences
    Music selection
    Most of the new characters especially Tatum as Tequila and Julianne Moore as Poppy
    bond between Eggsy and Harry
    the more zany tone. where as the first felt like a balance between serious and campy, this one goes into the wacky side more, but not so much that it becomes Batman and robin. It feels like a "good" Roger Moore bond film.

Cons:

I wish there was more interaction between Poppy and the heroes in person. A lot of her scenes are "virtual" or with other villains.

The social commentary was a bit too blunt regarding the drug issue. You could tell this was from the same crew who gave us "mutant and proud"

I wish Tatum's character had more scenes, especially another action scene.

Loss of a character from the first film that I wished had played a more important role in this one (more of a nitpick specific to me)

The Swedish girlfriend is bland and I'm surprised in a Bond esque film that she makes up a significant part of the story.

Random: There is a music cue directly lifted from X-men : First Class during a climactic moment with Harry. The music is the same when Professor X helps Magnus turn a satellite dish by experiencing a memory of Erik's mother.

Overall: Not as good as the first, but still a fun film nonetheless

Kingsman TGC 7.5/10
    Kingsman: secret service 8.5/10

Post edited by Dangerous J on
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
    i felt like their was alot of editing going on in this. i enjoyed it...though the social commentary was a bit weird. like i watched a secret DARE psa.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 25
    Except this time DARE was telling you the war on drugs is bullshit. Sprinkle in some guy helps handicapped father while dealing with growing up.

First one was about the dangers of consumerism :rofl:
    RockBogart wrote: »
    Except this time DARE was telling you the war on drugs is bullshit. Sprinkle in some guy helps handicapped father while dealing with growing up.

First one was about the dangers of consumerism :rofl:

first one felt less on the nose about the issue. this one was hammering it hard...drugs are bad...illegal....and has consequences victims and bystanders. Consumerism is ok in moderation is what i got from the first...second had nothing of the sort.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    edited September 25
    Drugs are bad wasn't the message. It was drug users vary just like people. You got normal ass weed heads getting lumped in with violent junkies a few the president willing to go full Duerte to prove a point. Meanwhile booze and cigarettes kill more than all illegal drugs combined and you got Whiskey over here trying to increase his stock. Hell, all Moore's character wanted was regulation like all the other shit. The President was the real villain of the film.
    As a Filipino, I was laughing all the way at how much it seemed that the film was taking a potshot at the dumb idiot we have as a president.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    d3v wrote: »
    As a Filipino, I was laughing all the way at how much it seemed that the film was taking a potshot at the dumb idiot we have as a president.

Dont forget we got some politicians over here who actually admire that asshole :rofl:

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,700
    RockBogart wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »

Dont forget we got some politicians over here who actually admire that asshole :rofl:

Like our own retarded President.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    soooo this movie made basically its whole budget in the first weekend. We def gettin a part 3.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    maxx wrote: »
    soooo this movie made basically its whole budget in the first weekend. We def gettin a part 3.

#BringRoxyBack
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,603
    Re: Roxy:
    They left her death scene nice and open-ended. She was clearly diving for something before it cut away, in a house full of high-tech stuff. This means they can put her back in if they wanted and blame her survival on some gadget or other, or just leave her dead if her actor won't return.

The movie was a whole lotta fun, but could stand to be a teensy bit shorter. Not QUITE as good as the first, but not far off.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,127
    So I just got back from watching Golden Circle.
    I went in completely blind because I have not seen the first one (I want to now though) and I have to say I absolutely loved it. It was just an over the top, tongue in cheek action spy thriller and it was exactly what I wanted it to be. It was like XXX meets 007. Just no fucks given let's have fun with this kind of movie

I didn't even fee "left out" by not watching the first one which I appreciated.

I wish there had been more Channing Tatum in the movie though. I have a man crush on him and love him in every movie he's in. Lol.

Halle Berry ages like wine. She's so damn pretty. Especially with short hair like she had in the movie.

All in all I really fucking enjoyed the movie and plan on buying the first one on iTunes to watch it when I get home.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowsers Minions (3DS)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017)
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

• AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,061
    edited September 28
    The first movie was shockingly good. I heard the 2nd was somewhat of a let-down and didn't reach the same heights of awesomeness.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,254
    Just came from watching KTGC, loved the movie, though i have to nitpick
    that Whisky ended being a bad guy, liked his character and was excited at the idea of him being on the next movie

Outside of that i think that the movie was a nice follow up for the 1st one.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,942
    It was a good film, doesn't reach the heights of comedy and over the top action as the first. But good, I do think they chose poorly in some of the supporting characters that wound up dead.

They really left it in a weird place if there is ever a third, almost like they were expecting this one to wrap up the franchise. There is room to go forward but still seems ill advised.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • FOBioFOBio Whaddup!? Joined: Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wellman wrote: »
    It was a good film, doesn't reach the heights of comedy and over the top action as the first. But good, I do think they chose poorly in some of the supporting characters that wound up dead.

They really left it in a weird place if there is ever a third, almost like they were expecting this one to wrap up the franchise. There is room to go forward but still seems ill advised.

Nope. They going to Asia to see their other cousins, Chinaman who sell rice and throw their cone hats to kill people like Oddjob.
    Why bring logic to a discussion?
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I thought it was okay, I felt like it wasn't nearly as fun to watch as the first but still had a few good moments. I would prefer if they did a third movie they just made it about the Statesmen.
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,127
    Statesman solo movie would he tits. I’m always okay with more Channing Tatum
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowsers Minions (3DS)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017)
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

13»