Wrestling Thread: Mods please close

Comments

• Tyrant Sardines IITyrant Sardines II Tell me a story Joined: Posts: 2,711
    edited April 2016
    edit: found Anderson and Gallows debut on youtube. Holy shit. Gallows doesn't even look like Gallows anymore. He's ripped as shit now too.

Man, he looked so different. I was explaining my friend that this is the same guy who had the Festus gimmick and was with Punk in SES. He was impressed. Need to show him some of their njpw stuff.
    dab00g wrote: »
    Eat sardines

So gallows and anderson debut by destroying the usos, cousins of reigns. Who is feuding with AJ Styles. Former bullet club member.

This can't just be coincidence right
    ?

Lol it's wwe we are talking about. Vince's mood > Logic/Subtlety, is the code the booking follows.
    OTT Movie
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Tenacious Disgaea
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,731
    Man, if Gallows and Anderson take out Reigns so that AJ wins it'll be the biggest fucking pop ever.
  • IRV316IRV316 "Lets go!" Joined: Posts: 106
    Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows on that Bull-Fit.
    PSN: TheCreator316
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster OK Joined: Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    It's true. Shane died for our sins and was risen to give us NXT talent on the main roster.

Praise be to Shane O'Mac
    I'm quoting this for more emphasis on how he is now Jesus O'Mac. He was GM on RAW tonight and we got the bullet club along AJ vs. Zayn.

praise be.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.
    Currently Playing - Steven Universe: Attack the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - One Punch Man (Viz Media), Rick and Morty (Oni Press)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Initial D, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Law and Order: SVU, Sons of Anarchy
  • ZuluZulu Mighty Mighty Joined: Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    IRV316 wrote: »
    Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows on that Bull-Fit.

I see what you did there.
    All seeing. All knowing. All that.
  • The Invincible SwordsmanThe Invincible Swordsman Only built for SRK Joined: Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Did New Day show up last night? I don't remember seeing them.

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying:

Yeah..... I just want to subscribe to the thread.
    Ok..admittedly, I'm not up on my Japanese wrestling as much as I should so can someone educate me as to why I should care about Bullet Club?
    edited April 2016
    Zulu wrote: »
    Ok..admittedly, I'm not up on my Japanese wrestling as much as I should so can someone educate me as to why I should care about Bullet Club?

they were basically nwo 2.0 (3.0?) in New Japan with nothing but Gaijin talent. It helped re-establish and fine tune a lot of wrestlers that never really got to shine in the US like they should. they just got over ass fuck in america because reasons. mainly just the talent pool the stable had plus how accessible new japan is now state side.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

Currently Playing - Steven Universe: Attack the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Did New Day show up last night? I don't remember seeing them.

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying:

Yeah..... I just want to subscribe to the thread.

Lol New Day is sponsoring the tag team title tournament.
  • Dracula_XDracula_X unblockable Joined: Posts: 934
    edited April 2016
    If the young bucks got signed by WWE Jim Cornette might have a heart attack. It would be awesome even though their move set would get nerfed
    Time lost can never be retrieved.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,653
    What nerf? The indytaker, meltzer driver they wouldn't be able to hit sure

But their dives, more bang for your buck, and about 100 superkicks? They'll be fine. With some nxt fine tuning maybe they'll learn match structure and psychology like Rollins did.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,984 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dracula_X wrote: »
    If the young bucks got signed by WWE Jim Cornette might have a heart attack. It would be awesome even though their move set would get nerfed

nerfed? being that the usos more or less robbed them....it wouldnt even exist.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    vaudvillians used More Bang for Your Buck as a finisher for a while too when they first debuted as a tag team.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

maxx wrote: »

Usos stole nothing they been spamming superkicks since 2010

And samoans have always spammed superkicks. Watch headshrinkers, umaga, rosey, the faces of fear.

Islanders always been throwing multiple super kicks.

But superkicks have become the new ddt in wrestling. Everybody from
    Big show to owens to ziggler to harper to yeah well everybody throws them.
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,984 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    maxx wrote: »

Usos stole nothing they been spamming superkicks since 2010

And samoans have always spammed superkicks. Watch headshrinkers, umaga, rosey, the faces of fear.

Islanders always been throwing multiple super kicks.

But superkicks have become the new ddt in wrestling. Everybody from
    Big show to owens to ziggler to harper to yeah well everybody throws them.

superkicks in the way that the youngbucks have....the usos didnt start doin til the youngbucks started rising in fame.

samoans have not been spamming superkicks in that way, where its like a staple. its not a thing your expected....like theirs a whole damn presence and package to the way the young bucks do it. everyone just does a super kick...no one expects it except from the usos. its random as fuck. but when the young bucks are in the ring its literally a show around a move.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    edited April 2016
    samoan "super kicks" always came off as high impact thrust kicks to the chest or chin. i never thought of them as an HBK/Ziggler/Uso's/YB style superkick.

best examples i can think of are Meng and Youmanga. they just kicked the shit out of people out of no where. a lot of times it was their finisher or set up to finisher.

with the HBK/Ziggler/Uso's/YB variant they step into it and the impact is no where near as "hard". its just a cheap pop move. its a subtle but huge difference that changes how the move is delivered and sold.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

Same move, but really i been an usos fan since their debut

It has come to a point, but at least their superkick gets pins.

Strowman and Rowan need to be an lod type of team destroying people with slams and clotheslines and whatnot.

When they destroyed rusev the crowd popped

Wyatts can be faces as a team. They are still a cult.
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 3,078
    I honestly didn't recognize Gallows when he came out. Dude looks way different now.
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    I honestly didn't recognize Gallows when he came out. Dude looks way different now.

Seriously. The guy got built. He looks like a bald Strowman.
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,837
    It would be weird seeing Gallows and Machinegun team back up with Styles after the swerve a couple of months ago that allowed AJ to be written out of NJPW.

Maybe I'm just a continuity nazi, oh well.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Say....my....name! Joined: Posts: 22,135 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 2016
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/wwe-performance-center-new-recruits
    STAMFORD, Conn., April 12, 2016 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) today announced that a new class of 10 recruits, including a former NFL player, All-American collegiate wrestler, U.S. Marine Corps veteran and talent from independent wrestling circuits have begun training at the state-of-the-art WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.

“With support from our world-class coaching staff at the WWE Performance Center these men and women will have the chance to hone their skills and fulfill their dream of becoming a WWE Superstar,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative. “Our state-of-the-art training facility gives our talent every opportunity to succeed and grow, and I’m pleased to welcome this new class to WWE.”

The new training class includes:

Babatunde Aiyegbusi (Olesnica, Poland) – Standing 6 feet 9 inches and weighing 350 pounds, Aiyegbusi is a former professional football player who had stints in Poland and Germany. Most recently, he spent the 2015 pre-season with the Minnesota Vikings as an offensive lineman.

Bianca Blair (Knoxville, Tennessee) – Blair was an All-American and All-SEC track & field performer in hurdles at the University of Tennessee, and was named to the SEC Academic Honor Roll in 2011 and 2012. A CrossFit competitor and powerlifter, Blair has been featured in RX Magazine, Femme Rouge Magazine and CrossFit.com.

Nikola Bogojevic (Superior, Wisconsin) – World-class Greco Roman Wrestler who was the National Champion in Greco Roman Wrestling at the Junior Pan-American Games in 2011. Bogojevic also won bronze at the Pan-American Games in Greco Roman Wrestling in 2014 and has extensive experience training at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Carolyn Dunning (Las Vegas, Nevada) – Dunning is a former Air Force ROTC member and nationally ranked bodybuilding bikini competitor by The National Physique Committee (NPC).

Macey Estrella (Parris Island, South Carolina) – Trained with Tom Caiazzo of American Premier Wrestling, Estrella is a former U.S. Marine and member of the Marine Corps SWAT Team.

Nicola Glencross (Glasgow, Scotland) – Also known as Nikki Storm, Glencross has eight years of experience wrestling on the independent circuit for Japanese Women Pro-Wrestling (JWP), Pro Wrestling Eve, Scottish Wrestling Alliance, Insane Championship Wrestling, Pro Wrestling Elite, Stardom and Shine.

Terrance Jean-Jacques (Boston, Massachusetts) – Standing 6 feet 3 inches and weighing 265 pounds, Jean-Jacques was an All-American wrestler at the University of Rhode Island in 2015. Prior to that, he accumulated a 32-2 record in wrestling at the University of Iowa.

Daniella Kamela (Los Angeles, California) – Trained with Rikishi Fatu and David Gangrel Heath at Knokx Pro Entertainment, Kamela was an on-air talent for FOX Sports Arizona, Phoenix Suns dancer and Arizona Cardinals cheerleader.

Michael Nicholls (Perth, Australia) – Also known as Mickey, Nicholls has 10 years of experience wrestling on the independent circuit for multiple organizations, including Pro Wrestling NOAH, where he was two-time Heavyweight Tag Team Champion with Shane Veryzer, New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) and Explosive Pro Wrestling.

Shane Veryzer (Perth, Australia) – Also known as Shane Haste, Veryzer has 11 years of experience wrestling on the independent circuit for multiple organizations, including Pro Wrestling NOAH, where he was two-time Heavyweight Tag Team Champion with Michael Nicholls, and Explosive Pro Wrestling.

The new class will join a group of 69 men and women training out of the state-of-the-art, 26,000 square-foot WWE Performance Center. With seven training rings, a world-class strength and conditioning program and cutting-edge edit and production facilities, the Performance Center will allow the new class to hone their skills through a comprehensive program that includes in-ring training, physical preparedness and character development.

The venue offers a full training experience with real time feedback from WWE coaches, trainers and doctors, giving performers the resources they need to develop their talent both athletically and creatively. Additionally, recruits will be immersed in WWE’s Professional Development program that focuses on four key pillars of development – Life Skills, Education, Wellness and Career Success.

The new NXT class.............
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • odinodin arch enthusiast Joined: Posts: 16,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Looks like their blonde obsession has died down.
    edited April 2016
    Chachi wrote: »
    It would be weird seeing Gallows and Machinegun team back up with Styles after the swerve a couple of months ago that allowed AJ to be written out of NJPW.

Maybe I'm just a continuity nazi, oh well.

I just think turning aj right now would be so awesome

But reigns needs a loooooooong reign to establish himself as the big dawg in the yard.

Reigns chasing aj and dealing with the bullet club. Who have gone apa status as far as heaters.

I also marked that cole called the magic killer, the magic killer.

I also like that bullet club are still using gun hands. Aj with the double pistols is a cool taunt.

Calling them bulletproof, is okay. The Calvary sounds way to christian.

Biz Cliz, is fine with me as a name honestly.

Those girls are really cute. Can't wait to see how they turn out with Sarita and Sara At the helm. Been noticing that alexa and bayley have incorporated some lucha inspired things since sarita came on board.

Also TMDK should be fine, but i think Mikey, changes to Mickey and Shane will definitely change names. Cannot have two shanes.
    So was Kalisto shoot injured? Because that match was a mess. And they kept panning to kalisto.

If he is injured that sucks.

But then we get a us title tournament on top of the tag tournament.

Or we get some crappy battle royal at payback
  • spudlyff8fanspudlyff8fan is love. Joined: Posts: 7,082
    So was Kalisto shoot injured? Because that match was a mess. And they kept panning to kalisto.

It had to have either been shoot or incredibly poor production work. Having Kalisto get injured and then forcing Sin Cara into soloing the Dudleyz is a great way to have Kalisto not look like a chump as US champ while advancing things towards a Dudleyz vs. Enzo and Cass match. Having him get injured off-camera, though, is just stupid.

The bump he took to the outside is definitely weird, though, so there's a strong chance he actually DID get injured.

I don't wish harm on Kalisto or anyone but he hasn't been a great champion. Like at all.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,985
    Zulu wrote: »

I don't wish harm on Kalisto or anyone but he hasn't been a great champion. Like at all.

It's the United States Title, as much as I hate to say it, most recent Champions other than Cena (and kinda Rusev) haven't really done much with the belt.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

• odinodin arch enthusiast Joined: Posts: 16,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Disappointed he didn't start off with "GIMME A FUCKIN MIC"
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,731
    Wyatt winning a tribute to his grandfather?

Also Bray has lost a bunch of weight. He's turning into a beast.

• PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Making the rounds on wrestlers' Twitters...any confirmation? Though to be honest, he's looked dreadful for years :sad:

• Geese PantsGeese Pants Say....my....name! Joined: Posts: 22,135 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Damn...........hope it isn't true.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
This discussion has been closed.