Wrestling Thread: Mods please close

Comments

• ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,837
    ECW guys dropping like flies.

Makes me wonder how Sabu is still alive.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,985
    edited April 2016
    I don't want to be that guy, or sound like a giant douche, but...man, it's crazy thinking Axl and Balls are dead, yet...Ian Rotten of all people is somehow still around.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,653
    edited April 2016
    Zulu wrote: »
    Meh. They need another US Open Challenge. That should be the gimmick of the US Championship. Turn it into a pseudo TV Championship. Essentially what Cena did during his reign.

Throw in a 30 minute time limit, totally all in

So both balls and axel are gone. I could blame their drug habits. Their hardcore wrestling style. Or their obesity.

But then the nasty boys have outlived them

Oh and don't say he's up in heaven. Balls was a satanist, so may he burn in hell.

rPmm3Ce.png

At this rate by time finn gets called up, he too will be bald. He should haven't had said "i am happy on nxt, and am focused on getting it to that next level"

Yeah, dude fucked himself. I bet vince was like,

"Oh, you're happy there? Well then i guess that's where you'll stay."
    Post edited by dab00g on
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Say....my....name! Joined: Posts: 22,135 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 2016
    I've watched the Nakamura Zayn match over 10 times now.

Other matches I've repeatedly watched were Sasha vs Bayley Takeover Brooklyn, Austin vs Bret Wrestlemania 13, Angle vs Benoit Royal Rumble 2003, Hogan vs Rock Wrestlemania 18

Going to re watch Suzuki vs AJ styles from G-1 tournament as well.
    Green Karin.
    I will throw you a bone

Shibata vs Nakamura g-1 '14
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef R.I.P Dec 2017 - Jan 2018 Joined: Posts: 9,042
    edited April 2016

What's funnier is that Cena's account actually did retweet this. Humble.

I love how Owens continuously antagonizes everyone he comes across (with the sole exception of JBL, HHH and Jericho), in storyline he has to be the most hated wrestler on the roster by far, even Miz doesn't antagonize as much people.

As for bringing back the open challenge they can have Cesaro win the Intercontinental Title off Miz and have him do one every week on Smackdown. Cesaro's easily one of the best workers on the entire roster with most of WWE's best tv matches each year involving him, it gives audiences an extra reason to watch Smackdown each week, the matches will have Mauro Ranallo/heel King commentary, it creates fresh matchups, elevates Cesaro as a face fighting champion, the IC Championship and whoever finally beats him.

For the US Championship it's pretty early but I'd say probably the best bet would be to have Corbin win the title and move into a feud with Kalisto.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dab00g wrote: »
    I will throw you a bone

Shibata vs Nakamura g-1 '14

Saw this one once too. Very good.
    Green Karin.
    SD! Spoilers............
    * SmackDown opens with WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz and Maryse out for MizTV. The got really good heat to start. Zack Ryder interrupts and The Miz teased that he would give Ryder a title shot but Ryder's already booked in a match with Baron Corbin

* Baron Corbin got the easy win over Zack Ryder. After the match, Corbin beat Ryder down again but Dolph Ziggler made the save and they brawled

* Emma defeated Paige in a quick match. Paige took a nasty spill in the corner but looked to be fine

* Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady defeated The Ascension to advance in the tag team tournament. Enzo and Cass were over big time and looked awesome in the ring

* Backstage segment with Alberto Del Rio interrupting AJ Styles

* AJ Styles defeated Alberto Del Rio. Good match with a very hot crowd but Del Rio botched a move and Styles landed on his neck. He won with a roll-up and was holding his neck on the way to the back, hopefully just selling but it looked bad live

* Backstage comedy segment with Fandango and The Golden Truth

* The Vaudevillains defeated Goldust and R-Truth in a quick match to advance in the tag team tournament

* Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho was a hot main event with Dean Ambrose and Kevin Owens on commentary, and providing distractions. Good action in the ring and entertaining stuff outside. Owens interfered to cause the disqualification, which led to the babyfaces standing tall to end SmackDown

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,731
    So, they really did just throw Ryder a bone and sent him straight to the back of the line. How odd.
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,731
    People always bring up the Ascension when they talk about people who dicked over, but the person who took the biggest hit is Paige. Despite the fact she's still over, and a good wrestler, she's become the go-to jobber in the womens division.
    I really think throwing corbin into an actual feud with ziggler sucks. Especially since wins over ziggler mean less than a clean pin over r-truth
  • spudlyff8fanspudlyff8fan is love. Joined: Posts: 7,082

What's funnier is that Cena's account actually did retweet this. Humble.

I love how Owens continuously antagonizes everyone he comes across (with the sole exception of JBL, HHH and Jericho), in storyline he has to be the most hated wrestler on the roster by far, even Miz doesn't antagonize as much people.

As for bringing back the open challenge they can have Cesaro win the Intercontinental Title off Miz and have him do one every week on Smackdown. Cesaro's easily one of the best workers on the entire roster with most of WWE's best tv matches each year involving him, it gives audiences an extra reason to watch Smackdown each week, the matches will have Mauro Ranallo/heel King commentary, it creates fresh matchups, elevates Cesaro as a face fighting champion, the IC Championship and whoever finally beats him.

For the US Championship it's pretty early but I'd say probably the best bet would be to have Corbin win the title and move into a feud with Kalisto.

You're getting a bit ahead of yourself with the Cesaro winning the IC title talk. I'd be surprised if he took it off Miz at Payback. They could screw Cesaro to have further cement the heat for Miz so AJ Styles or Sami Zayn could take the belt off him later on in the year.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster OK Joined: Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    edited April 2016
    hahaha. you may have gotten Emma but you still got both hands holding onto that L, Ryder.

Woo Woo Woo! You job it!
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.
    Currently Playing - Steven Universe: Attack the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - One Punch Man (Viz Media), Rick and Morty (Oni Press)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Initial D, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Law and Order: SVU, Sons of Anarchy
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's shit like what I'm reading now is why I have legit given completely up on ww"e" since wrestlemania. I never see any of this getting better. And if it's someone good from NXT they'll be ruined on raw or smackdown. Just so sick of it at this point I do NOT care anymore. I see no reason at all right now to get my hopes up for anything on the main roster. I don't watch raw or smackdown at all ever. I have watched raw maybe 3 times in the past 3 years seriously. I haven't watched smackdown period in years. It's legit like vince wants wrestling dead.

And read the comments section as well.
    edited April 2016
    yeah. i feel yah. they've totally ruined Big E, Rollins, Rusev, Lana, Owens, Zayn, Kalisto, Neville, the Wyatts, Sasha, Becky, Charlotte , Vaudvillains, Enzo and Cass, Crews, and Corbin by bringing them up to the main roster. :coffee:

The only people who have really truly suffered have been Emma (though it was her own fault. and she paid her dues to get back into the good graces), Tyler Breeze and the Ascension. With Paige she honestly just got lost in the shuffle but she hasn't been buried into obscurity.

You could count Bo and Rose I guess but I don't. They're in a joke stable but it's a stable thats over as fuck.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

Currently Playing - Steven Universe: Attack the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    I really think Finn would fail main roster on two counts. Shit promos and Size.

I mean he would hit that neville cielling. Except i remember incredulous neville in nxt bringing fire in the feud with zane.

Anderson and Gallows are big guys. They both can talk. And they can work.

Finn will be us or ic champ at his peak. Unless he somehow gets a jolt on main roster. I never see him as the main attraction. When even on nxf bayley and american alpha felt more important.

He has held the belt for over a year, and he just feels stagnant.

It has become lol finn wins, and that sucks.

But right now when Rollins is out is the time for finn to be introduced. Too bad he and wwe will squander it and he'll be 45 and jobbing to David Finlay
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef R.I.P Dec 2017 - Jan 2018 Joined: Posts: 9,042
    edited April 2016
    I feel Finn has that intangible IT factor. He's probably the single most attractive guy on the roster (sorry Tyler), has a cool, marketable gimmick and is a great worker but most importantly he knows how to carry himself like a star. His only real downside are his pre-taped promos are mediocre/ass (his live promos are fine and he's good at live events since he gets to cut loose more) and his character isn't fleshed out enough, both of which are mainly down to creative rather than him due to the scripted nature of the product. Also he's still working as a babyface in NXT (likely due to him being the face of the NXT brand) despite generally being considered to work much better during as a heel.

Also no fucking way Finn gets buried, he's Triple H's baby and is the biggest name in NXT that hasn't been moved up yet. When he does move up he is getting a rocket up his ass.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • DarkstalkerDarkstalker King of the Ring Joined: Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I always found the whole creating a main event at the beginning of Raw thing hilarious, in terms of kayfabe.

Like, the boss of the night just comes out and is like "Uh, and yeah, I guess I'll make this match since you alls gots probs with each other."

DUDE THIS SHOW HAS BEEN PLANNED FOR WEEKS
    "Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" - Gregory House
  • odinodin arch enthusiast Joined: Posts: 16,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Rest in peace Balls.
    Heaven just got another angel.

Hope you're hitting Jesus with a chair when he least expects it.
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    R.I.P Balls!

2016 is no joke!

Here's something to cheer everyone up:
    9erk6m5.jpg
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

odin wrote: »
    Rest in peace Balls.

I miss the wtf button
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• odinodin arch enthusiast Joined: Posts: 16,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 2016
    odin wrote: »
    Rest in peace Balls.

He was a legit satanist, so really you should be saying hope he is tearing shit up in hell
    She won the title, then got de-motivated

Look at how emma evolved thanks to shutting her down

• LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,985
    I think with Paige it was largely less of a case of there being nothing for her MAKING her get lazy, than it was a matter of "her being lazy leading to them not giving her anything".
    It is both, but seriously look at naomi

She never gets anything

Or summer rae

But paige is 22

So yeah she will still develop, she's in that dolph/miz spot
  • toddler316toddler316 Drunk Shit Hustler Joined: Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    maxx wrote: »
    Chachi wrote: »
    ECW guys dropping like flies.

Makes me wonder how Sabu is still alive.

duct tape is the only thing holding him together.

You mean this right?

220px-Super_glue.jpg
    Russell Crowe: This is Tianamen Square. Lots of good fightin' has gone on here throughout the years.These China men can grow to over five feet tall, and in a fight, are known to kick with their legs.

As the infamous Bruce Lee said: "To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.

Looks like the injury bug has gotten to Bray Wyatt too..............

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,976
    Bray's been fighting off several nagging injuries for a while now.

He needs a break to get his body right, but he's too much of a trooper to request time off.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    edited April 2016
    WWE weekly interview with Ryder

The big takeaway here is Zack revealed that he had cancer during High School and that's what feeds his passion for the business.

and now he's cancer in the business. :how_interesting: :triumph:

I kid. I kid. I legti didn't know that about Ryder and that's fucking amazing. Cancer is and always will be a fucking shit disease. I saw it slowly kill my cousin who meant the world to me.

I just find the random resurgance of ryder love very fanboy train and obnoxious. From the time of his burial by the trio of Kane/Cena/Rosa Mendez (or whoever the fuck it was) up until about a month ago, literally NO ONE cared about him until his WM "moment". Which honestly that wasn't even built up as a moment until commentary was trying to shove it down the audiences throat.

The most utterance about him was every groaning at him and Mojo being teamed together than slowly coming around when they actually played well off eachother but still found them insufferable over all.

now everyone rides his jock like he's the next coming of mid-card christ.
    Post edited by Kinniku Buster on
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

This discussion has been closed.