Does anyone have a laundry list of changes for Sean from SF3:2i to 3S?

NeloVergilNeloVergil Joined: Posts: 3,032
Sean from SF3Si to 3S? I've alsays wondered what the complete list of nerfs look like for him.


Edit: while i'm asking what about the hurt/hitboxes from both games? Specifically 3S though.
Post edited by Preppy on
PSN: NeloVergil8909
CFN: KingII

"Growth creates repulsion, accelerate the growth!

Comments

  • sidewindersidewinder Stiff Arm... Joined: Posts: 656 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    sorry i dont have any information on Sean but im going to put you on hold and somebody will be right with you as soon as possible. ROFL
    im not that good , but there's always room for improvement... i think
  • NeloVergilNeloVergil Joined: Posts: 3,032
    sidewinder wrote: »
    sorry i dont have any information on Sean but im going to put you on hold and somebody will be right with you as soon as possible. ROFL

    No one ever gets back to Sean.
    PSN: NeloVergil8909
    CFN: KingII

    "Growth creates repulsion, accelerate the growth!
  • IglooBobIglooBob Bob the builder Joined: Posts: 4,023
    No one here is likely to know, I'm guessing. No one played much 2I and most people aren't interested much in Sean.

    That Sean was really good in 2I and really bad in 3s is well known but like most 2I things I don't think anyone has done much in depth research on it. 2I wasn't played long competitively so it's more a footnote than anything else.
  • NeloVergilNeloVergil Joined: Posts: 3,032
    Ryu24 wrote: »
    There is no nerf. 3s Sean is even better. He has new basketball fakes and cross ups, you can't handle his rush down.

    You, I like you.
    PSN: NeloVergil8909
    CFN: KingII

    "Growth creates repulsion, accelerate the growth!
  • NeloVergilNeloVergil Joined: Posts: 3,032
    IglooBob wrote: »
    I destroyed your God ChrisG's Sean

    The Sean dream is dead

    I have no god. I have only a pad, time, and grit.
    PSN: NeloVergil8909
    CFN: KingII

    "Growth creates repulsion, accelerate the growth!
  • ChadChad Joined: Posts: 1,290
    Pad Sean- make America great again
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 20,882 mod
    NeloVergil wrote: »
    Sean from SF3Si to 3S? I've alsays wondered what the complete list of nerfs look like for him.


    Edit: while i'm asking what about the hurt/hitboxes from both games? Specifically 3S though.

    They lowered the meter building on standing fierce, lowered the damage on the one super he could hit confirm from the easiest and some other stuff.

    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

    "Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • Ryu24Ryu24 Retired 3S Titan Joined: Posts: 1,417
    My boy Chris G passed the spirit of the pink Sean to my hands. He told me that at SummerJam.
  • NeloVergilNeloVergil Joined: Posts: 3,032
    Chad wrote: »
    Pad Sean- make America great again

    Pink pad Sean- make everyone scrubs again.
    PSN: NeloVergil8909
    CFN: KingII

    "Growth creates repulsion, accelerate the growth!
  • Ryu24Ryu24 Retired 3S Titan Joined: Posts: 1,417


    Is that thick enough for you Bodler? (1:00)
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 2,842
    They removed the dunk on his uppercut from 2I and gave him a shit uppercut instead.
    Instant bottom tier.
  • bodlerbodler The Unmixupable Joined: Posts: 1,062
    Ryu24 wrote: »


    Is that thick enough for you Bodler? (1:00)

    I am happy to see that more folks are noticing the THICK, as opposed to those who still think thick = fat.

    This woman has some THICK, but for a GrandMaster like me, she needs a little more Raw Milk and Heavy Lunges to get a pass to disrespect my face.
  • NeloVergilNeloVergil Joined: Posts: 3,032
    Naeras wrote: »
    They removed the dunk on his uppercut from 2I and gave him a shit uppercut instead.
    Instant bottom tier.

    IIRC his SRK was amazing because it has range+the dunk. I know they made hyper tornado a 1 stock super instead of 2. Imagine if it was 2 stocks in 3S...
    PSN: NeloVergil8909
    CFN: KingII

    "Growth creates repulsion, accelerate the growth!
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,875 mod
    I wouldn't call his SRK amazing, but it was worth being called a shoryu.

    Sean is crappy for a lot of dumb reasons. Most of his shoto normals have worse frame data than the other shotos. It's hard to blame people for thinking hes underrated since he walks and quacks like a shoto, but then you play him and realize its Ryu covered in molasses.
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,616
    well you could just play the games if you really wanted to know. but since you're asking for info, you probably don't care THAT much (rightfully so).

    really no one gives a fuck this is why i laugh when ppl bring up sean 2i/3s outside the 3s boards.
    because even 3s players who have obscene knowledge don't care. because it's sean. and it's 2i.

    sean is cool but that's about all he has going for him. coolness.
    Play more.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 20,882 mod
    2i is a crazy ass game. Kinda sad that OE wasnt a compilation of the games.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

    "Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,875 mod
    Tebbo wrote: »
    well you could just play the games if you really wanted to know. but since you're asking for info, you probably don't care THAT much (rightfully so).

    really no one gives a fuck this is why i laugh when ppl bring up sean 2i/3s outside the 3s boards.
    because even 3s players who have obscene knowledge don't care. because it's sean. and it's 2i.

    sean is cool but that's about all he has going for him. coolness.

    I kinda figured he was looking for the kind of lists you'd get from patch notes

    but yeah as far as I know they didn't really do that kind of thing back then so all you can do is play and compare
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
  • NeloVergilNeloVergil Joined: Posts: 3,032
    pherai wrote: »
    Tebbo wrote: »
    well you could just play the games if you really wanted to know. but since you're asking for info, you probably don't care THAT much (rightfully so).

    really no one gives a fuck this is why i laugh when ppl bring up sean 2i/3s outside the 3s boards.
    because even 3s players who have obscene knowledge don't care. because it's sean. and it's 2i.

    sean is cool but that's about all he has going for him. coolness.

    I kinda figured he was looking for the kind of lists you'd get from patch notes

    but yeah as far as I know they didn't really do that kind of thing back then so all you can do is play and compare

    Exactly why i'm asking, because I can't answer it myself atm. If I could i'd probably keep a list on me incase anyone wanted to know.
    PSN: NeloVergil8909
    CFN: KingII

    "Growth creates repulsion, accelerate the growth!
  • Virtua_LeonVirtua_Leon Gal me seeeerious Joined: Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG


    his up close hk was fucking stupid, it had huge range for an up close normal, you could link crouching mk from it, or you had the time it takes you to graduate get a job and retire to confirm into hyper tornado, it was that easy and that dumb, i mean i struggle with hit confirms in 3rd like chuns and kens, and even i can do seans 99% of the time

    plus the fact you had 2 stocks and you build meter crazy fast in 2nd, you will have 2 stocks per round almost without fail

    I think his tatsu is better in 2nd, safer, combos better, does good stun or some shit, it's been a very long time since i have used sean in 3s
    AAAAAAAAS WE ENTER!
  • NeloVergilNeloVergil Joined: Posts: 3,032

    his up close hk was fucking stupid, it had huge range for an up close normal, you could link crouching mk from it, or you had the time it takes you to graduate get a job and retire to confirm into hyper tornado, it was that easy and that dumb, i mean i struggle with hit confirms in 3rd like chuns and kens, and even i can do seans 99% of the time

    plus the fact you had 2 stocks and you build meter crazy fast in 2nd, you will have 2 stocks per round almost without fail

    I think his tatsu is better in 2nd, safer, combos better, does good stun or some shit, it's been a very long time since i have used sean in 3s

    There's also the delay for his OH that was removed in 3S. But thats a shit buff compared to the nerfs.
    PSN: NeloVergil8909
    CFN: KingII

    "Growth creates repulsion, accelerate the growth!
  • ryan.ryan. Joined: Posts: 1,913
    edited May 2016
    I really can't belive anyone would care about this, but I'm sure you could download the emulator with both roms and figure it out in an hour. :)
  • NeloVergilNeloVergil Joined: Posts: 3,032
    ryan. wrote: »
    I really can't belive anyone would care about this, but I'm sure you could download the emulator with both roms and figure it out in an hour. :)

    It's more one of those curiosity things. Everytime my man Sean is brought up in 3S it's usually around a "But Sean was the shit in SI and ANG." So, i've always wondered what the changes were game to game and how many of his tools he lost from SI to 3S.


    More importantly though I wanna see his 3S hit/hurtbox and if possible his SI hit/hurtbox to see how that compares as well. It's like an atopsy really. How bad was this man mutilated?


    Btw I don't have a PC in order for emulation so i'm relying on some SRK super nerd. Otherwise, i'd at bare minimum try to make a list for changes to his normals and soecials.
    PSN: NeloVergil8909
    CFN: KingII

    "Growth creates repulsion, accelerate the growth!
  • akuaku スピリチュアルやからね! Joined: Posts: 3,865
    Just off the top of my head, Sean's far HP was the basic shoto cl.HP, only it built meter really fast. MP-HK TC could link into Hyper Tornado onto anybody(you could only do it on Makoto in 3S AFAIK). Hyper Tornado had 2 bars. Sean's DP was a Spider Sting. Just overall, he had the most convenient ways to be able to link into Hyper Tornado. I'm sure there were other changes, but those were the biggest that I could think of.

    2I had a lot of that though, where combos and links feel like they shouldn't make sense but they do. Ibuki has arguably even more of those where seemingly ANYTHING went into Hashinsho.
  • NeloVergilNeloVergil Joined: Posts: 3,032
    aku wrote: »
    Just off the top of my head, Sean's far HP was the basic shoto cl.HP, only it built meter really fast. MP-HK TC could link into Hyper Tornado onto anybody(you could only do it on Makoto in 3S AFAIK). Hyper Tornado had 2 bars. Sean's DP was a Spider Sting. Just overall, he had the most convenient ways to be able to link into Hyper Tornado. I'm sure there were other changes, but those were the biggest that I could think of.

    2I had a lot of that though, where combos and links feel like they shouldn't make sense but they do. Ibuki has arguably even more of those where seemingly ANYTHING went into Hashinsho.

    Yeah I heard about Ibuki, apparantly she was nerfed just as hard. Which is really saying something considering how strong she still is.
    PSN: NeloVergil8909
    CFN: KingII

    "Growth creates repulsion, accelerate the growth!
  • yamasakiyamasaki Joined: Posts: 43
  • NeloVergilNeloVergil Joined: Posts: 3,032
    yamasaki wrote: »
    yamasaki wrote: »

    Pls marry me dawg.




    The pushback on tatsu why couldn't that stay?
    PSN: NeloVergil8909
    CFN: KingII

    "Growth creates repulsion, accelerate the growth!
  • EirokajEirokaj Fighting Game Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 1,092
    edited May 2016
    And this is how silly 2I was in the combo department.


    Twitter: https://twitter.com/YuriAcTN
    Tumblr: http://yuriactn.tumblr.com/

    =====

    "Another victory, yes, but... there is always another battle." — Arbiter
  • akuaku スピリチュアルやからね! Joined: Posts: 3,865
    jblair must be so happy to have learned all this stuff about 2nd Impact
  • NeloVergilNeloVergil Joined: Posts: 3,032
    edited May 2016
    Relevant ASF:



    Jesus thus nigga does some man damage in SI. Then some granddaddy stun to back it up.

    Also relevant but not as much

    PSN: NeloVergil8909
    CFN: KingII

    "Growth creates repulsion, accelerate the growth!
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX C.JACKOBE > David Sirloin Joined: Posts: 17,195
    aku wrote: »
    jblair must be so happy to have learned all this stuff about 2nd Impact
    jblairs story of the dude who dresses up as kenshiro to play hokuto no ken arcade game

    is the sickest shit i ever heard about arcades in okinawa japan

    that mbison glitch jump back and forth dude needs to go home

    YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD

    Punch_Mania_cabinet.PNG
    punchmania2.png
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX C.JACKOBE > David Sirloin Joined: Posts: 17,195
    NeloVergil wrote: »
    SRK super nerd.
    nVGHS8WPGUYIO.jpg
    NeloVergil wrote: »
    Pls marry me dawg.
    I guess they do that at the tekken hentai tag tournament, but we don't do that here. Please advise.
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

  • NeloVergilNeloVergil Joined: Posts: 3,032
    NeloVergil wrote: »
    SRK super nerd.
    nVGHS8WPGUYIO.jpg
    NeloVergil wrote: »
    Pls marry me dawg.
    I guess they do that at the tekken hentai tag tournament, but we don't do that here. Please advise.

    I'm offended, i'll have you know thats Tekken Hentai Revolution.

    PSN: NeloVergil8909
    CFN: KingII

    "Growth creates repulsion, accelerate the growth!
  • ParryAllParryAll Dangerous Posts Joined: Posts: 2,996
    edited June 2016
    His hurricane kick move whatever it's called used to be safe on block. In 3S it's not even safe on hit.

    It's crystal clear to me that nerfing like that is done intentionally to make him the "Dan" of the game, the character that players chose to challenge themselves or handicap themselves on purpose.

    It's even reflected in the story.

    As far as the engine. It's not so much the hit and hurt boxes it's the entire engine has been changed. Optimized, refined. Like what they did with Vampire Savior compared to Vampire Hunter. That's why it's hard to go back to 2i it simply doesn't play as good overall. 3S is tighter, smoother, faster, more enjoyable.

    The only case that I'd argue the engine was actually regressed from iteration to iteration was Street Fighter Alpha 3. I thought 2 played so much better.

    The current SF team can take a lesson from the past. SFV can be tightened up immensely and should be, and I don't just mean hitboxes and input delay. I doubt they will though. With SFIV to Super they made slight changes there and for the worse IMO then that was it. No subsequent update had any fundamental engine changed whatsoever.
    "Third Strike just has that flow which somehow alienates you from your surroundings and really plugs your brain into the match your playing and your able to comprehend so many different situations and mind games and mixups in such a limited amount of time and all this without even thinking" - Nubilous

    "[3rd Strike] makes you feel like the character is an extension of yourself when you get good enough." - AzureWolf

    "Street Fighter is now like The Simpsons. It's been bad longer than it's been good." -ParryAll
Sign In or Register to comment.