Shin Megami Tensei / Persona Series: General Discussion

Comments

• DeathologyDeathology Joined: Posts: 500
    edited April 18
    You're either getting the true ending or a preemptive bad ending that will happen shortly after making the wrong choice. You don't really have to worry about it, just reload your last save if you get the bad ending.
  • RampageRampage Lurkin' Joined: Posts: 4,984
    Not sure, not really all that savvy on how the decision is made on which ending you get though.
    Here are my spoilers with specifics removed to tell you what I did to secure the ending:
    No snitching
    I didn't cut a deal when given the opportunity
    I cleared Mementos. You'll know when you get there.
    I also got top grades in my class for finals. Not sure if that has any bearing on it but kinda doubt it.

I feel like those are the only actual "choices" I had during the game, other than ensuring that I finished all tasks and palaces before the time limit expired etc.. I'm not sure if the good endings are hard to get normally in this series, but I feel like it was easy in this game.

About P4G: I haven't looked up a single thing about it. In fact, I didn't even play P4A since I wasn't familiar with the series, so the only thing I know about the game is Teddy since they plastered him everywhere while marketing the game. It will be a completely new, spoiler-free experience for me, thankfully. Speaking of P4A, I wonder if they're doing another one for P5?
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,311
    Deathology wrote: »
    You're either getting the true ending or a preemptive bad ending that will happen shortly after making the wrong choice. You don't really have to worry about it, just reload your last save if you get the bad ending.

Ah awesome. Sounds like p3 then.

@Rampage thanks for the info. And hope you enjoy p4g. Going in blind is the best thing to do. Well you wont be 100% blind since you're familiar with the game structure. I kinda went into p4 blind. I had a group of friends who hyped but what they said went in one ear and out the other. So when I finally played I was blown away
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 1,935
    Rampage wrote: »
    Not sure, not really all that savvy on how the decision is made on which ending you get though.
    Here are my spoilers with specifics removed to tell you what I did to secure the ending:
    No snitching
    I didn't cut a deal when given the opportunity
    I cleared Mementos. You'll know when you get there.
    I also got top grades in my class for finals. Not sure if that has any bearing on it but kinda doubt it.

I feel like those are the only actual "choices" I had during the game, other than ensuring that I finished all tasks and palaces before the time limit expired etc.. I'm not sure if the good endings are hard to get normally in this series, but I feel like it was easy in this game.

About P4G: I haven't looked up a single thing about it. In fact, I didn't even play P4A since I wasn't familiar with the series, so the only thing I know about the game is Teddy since they plastered him everywhere while marketing the game. It will be a completely new, spoiler-free experience for me, thankfully. Speaking of P4A, I wonder if they're doing another one for P5?

I don't have the source with me but the developer of P4A explicitly stated that he wants to begin production on P5A. Whether this has already happened or not, nobody knows, but we do know that the intention to do so is there.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,785
    P5A?? Yaasssss please

I want to zone people the fuck out with
    Haru and DA GUNS from under Milady's dress

Also no doubt they'll bring back the Proswagonist Katana Jesus Narukami.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Umm... the japanese voices no longer work on my game.. has this happened to anyone else? The ps4 updated it self, and now the japanese voices wont work. -_________- not pleased... If this is a known problem how do I fix it? Thanks
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,956
    Umm... the japanese voices no longer work on my game.. has this happened to anyone else? The ps4 updated it self, and now the japanese voices wont work. -_________- not pleased... If this is a known problem how do I fix it? Thanks

considering they were a separate DLC maybe you need to re download or reactivate it.
    Holy fuck I can't get over Mishima, that kid is such a feeble little twat. I wish he could come to life just so that I could bitchslap him.

I think I'm already way past his character arc and he just stagnates as an idiot.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,155
    References on point.
    V9ie5Jz.jpg

Question's about King Kamehameha, the founder of Hawaii.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,630
    I was going to go with Makoto as my love interest as everyone else seem to but I'm getting won over by Hifumi.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    edited April 19
    I was going to go with Makoto as my love interest as everyone else seem to but I'm getting won over by Hifumi.

Tbh I was gonna go for the nurse. My damn charm still holdin me back lol

Also anyone start the link with the reporter? I havent yet. And I JUST started fortune teller. Almost in Sept
  • DarkstalkerDarkstalker King of the Ring Joined: Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    just fyi, farming the reaper seems to break the game's difficulty curve haha

turns out that he
    gets depressed when it's flu season too
    "Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" - Gregory House
    DrellyFish wrote: »

Also anyone start the link with the reporter? I havent yet. And I JUST started fortune teller. Almost in Sept

I almost pulled the trigger on the clinic doctor but I backed off. There wasn't​ any room for romance the way the relationship developed. Her seeing the MC as a love interest would seem like an ass pull to me. She's definitely my favorite female character in the game.

I did the reporter and got her to level 8. She has the gameplay benefit of reducing the security levels at palaces. Doing her link will increase your charm by three points each time you rank it up.

I almost pulled the trigger on the clinic doctor but I backed off. There wasn't​ any room for romance the way the relationship developed. Her seeing the MC as a love interest would seem like an ass pull to me. She's definitely my favorite female character in the game.

I did the reporter and got her to level 8. She has the gameplay benefit of reducing the security levels at palaces. Doing her link will increase your charm by three points each time you rank it up.

Awesome thanks for the info on news girl. So far my next link to be finished is the maid. I will start news reporter probably then. Tbh after maid and hifumi I rather just keep my nights free for stat building
    I'm almost done with the maid too. I have her at rank 9. Hifumi is at rank 5 and the fortune teller at rank 3. Sojiro is the only night link I really need to develop.
  • ExposedDExposedD Persona 5 Joined: Posts: 6,304
    Morgana makes the best "nutted" face. LOL
    affinity wrote: »
    I mean, you can't even play as a cat in that game. wtf. it's 2017.
    chadouken! wrote: »
    It's called Sonic the Fucking Hedgehog, not Sonic the Cat, you dumb bitch.
    I'm almost done with the maid too. I have her at rank 9. Hifumi is at rank 5 and the fortune teller at rank 3. Sojiro is the only night link I really need to develop.

I maxed out maid last night. The benefit you get for it is great.

Also has anyone maxed out 2 girls yet? Just curious as to if you can rank them to 10 without romancing them.

In sept now..gotta grind up Kindnes another level to start Futaba link. Should be easy since I can now do an activity at nighr even after exploring a dungeon. Too hype. I wonder if I coukdve got this quicker. I did see the maid a lot but didnt finish the link until now
    warning shot is becoming one of my new favorite abilities. honestly all of Shinya's abilities so far have been great. shame he's so far in the game.

*Negation starts*

what's black, blue, and red all ov

*fires gun*

I-I-I mean of course ill join you

Still havent started his link >_< cant gotta rank up Guts one more level
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Anyone and everyone can be taken to rank 10. I have multiple rank 10s and some are girls
    Still havent started his link >_< cant gotta rank up Guts one more level

the big bang burger challenges are your best bet. you get big rewards for beating them and guts just for attempting them. combine that with the fortune tellers luck reading to get a bonus and you can grind stats pretty quickly.

holy fuck. i just did a Mishima event and there were actually two nice options instead of two "fuck offs" and a "meh"

How many treasure demons you guys managed to beat? I'm in the fifth dungeon and only beat three of them.
    How many treasure demons you guys managed to beat? I'm in the fifth dungeon and only beat three of them.

two only captured one. honestly i haven't bothered even going after them when they do appear.

Beat 2. And captured 2. All the rest got away or i dont bother.

Also how do you post images on here? I found a p5 meme that i wanted to share in here thats pretty hilarious
    edited April 19

Beat 2. And captured 2. All the rest got away or i dont bother.

Also how do you post images on here? I found a p5 meme that i wanted to share in here thats pretty hilarious

you have to manually make the brackets then insert the image link.

[img][/img]
    man he really does look like harry potter in that pic.
    Oh Atlus don't play with my heart like this. domains for p5d.jp and p5u.jp registered.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1362217&page=1

I'll would love another rhythm game. Already drooling over the dance remixes for this game's ost.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,789
    Chiro wrote: »
    Oh Atlus don't play with my heart like this. domains for p5d.jp and p5u.jp registered.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1362217&page=1

Hey, if it means I can make more than just shadows get pissed off and rage quit by using Ann and Makoto, I'm all for it, lol.
  • ExposedDExposedD Persona 5 Joined: Posts: 6,304
    edited April 20
    This is the face i was talking about. Just in case it wasn't obvious what i was referring to.
    Haha!
    9ZCIu75.jpg

affinity wrote: »
    I mean, you can't even play as a cat in that game. wtf. it's 2017.
    chadouken! wrote: »
    It's called Sonic the Fucking Hedgehog, not Sonic the Cat, you dumb bitch.
    Listening to the P5 soundtrack on youtube and having the thumbnails spoil who my next party member is going to be.

I mean, I saw it coming but still would of rather have it be a surprise :(
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,070
    Listening to the P5 soundtrack on youtube and having the thumbnails spoil who my next party member is going to be.

I mean, I saw it coming but still would of rather have it be a surprise :(
    Youtubers are assholes who don;t know how to thumbnail properly. Don;t go to Youtube for things like OSTs and the like, and even reviews are dangerous cuz they will put some blatant bullshit in the thumbnail instead of the just the fucking title. When something comes out I'm interested in, going through my Youtube recommendations is a game of quick scroll cuz some lets play douchebag will put a huge spoiler in their thumbnail like an asshole.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    I want to avoid youtube when it comes to this game. A bunch of thumbnails and video titles are massive spoilers. Once those vids appear on your feed you can get fucked with no warning. I don't see knowing party members as spoilers. In that case, the game's cover and menu screens are spoilers.
    I want to avoid youtube when it comes to this game. A bunch of thumbnails and video titles are massive spoilers. Once those vids appear on your feed you can get fucked with no warning. I don't see knowing party members as spoilers. In that case, the game's cover and menu screens are spoilers.

Mm it's not so much the actual cover art, plus again the story makes it quite obvious but I was just scrolling through the OST and one of the thumbnails had the character in his metaverse costume and persona. That's what I wanted to see for myself.

I'm getting excited for the prospect of P5 arena. I REALLY hope they go with the ggxrd method(3D models cell shaded to look like HAD sprites)

That is IMO the future. Ggxrd puts every other FG to shame in the visual department.
    I got a week left in September. Guts at 4, Charm at 4. Everything else at 3. I think I got time to max out who i want. So far still only Ryuji and Maid are maxed. Tae is almost there at 8 and Ann is at 7. Then after those 2. Gonna focus on yusuke and futaba
    Just a heads up, boost proficiency when you do Yusuke link. You will need it once you reach rank 5. You need a higher level on kindness to start Futuba.

So far I Ryuji, Ann, Tae and the maid at Max. Ohya and Mishima at 9, The twins at 8, shogi player at 7 and I need max knowledge to advance. I started the link with the airshop owner finally. Now I need to find who the Emperor, Empress, Tower and Sun links are.
    Just a heads up, boost proficiency when you do Yusuke link. You will need it once you reach rank 5. You need a higher level on kindness to start Futuba.

So far I Ryuji, Ann, Tae and the maid at Max. Ohya and Mishima at 9, The twins at 8, shogi player at 7 and I need max knowledge to advance. I started the link with the airshop owner finally. Now I need to find who the Emperor, Empress, Tower and Sun links are.

Have you linked with the politician dude at central street or the reporter?

I got Tae at 8. After her gonna focus on Ann. Then gonna have to stat grind for Makoto, Hifumi and Futaba.

Also 5th dungeon sucks, desite its theme/setting its very boring. The music itself sucks. Huge step back from the pyramid theme.

Also P5 ost is available on itunes for $30, first ost to get released here. Hope it does well so more SMT osts will come here. I'll buy it. 110 songs

I got Tae at 8. After her gonna focus on Ann. Then gonna have to stat grind for Makoto, Hifumi and Futaba.

Also 5th dungeon sucks, desite its theme/setting its very boring. The music itself sucks. Huge step back from the pyramid theme.

Also P5 ost is available on itunes for $30, first ost to get released here. Hope it does well so more SMT osts will come here. I'll buy it. 110 songs

I maxed out the reporter just recently. I haven't done the politician yet. I need to let him see me work at the beef bowl place to set the wheels in motion for it. I'm too busy with my other evening links to start it.

I'm at mid October and shit is starting to get real.

I maxed out the reporter just recently. I haven't done the politician yet. I need to let him see me work at the beef bowl place to set the wheels in motion for it. I'm too busy with my other evening links to start it.

Nice nice. Im almost gonna be on hiatus from links. Gotta max charm, knowledge and raise kindness. But once, Tae and Ann are out the way I can buckle down more on stats and Futaba once I start hers
    edited April 21

The politician is a bit annoying to start, but once you do he's one of the easiest to max as he'll typically only call you for important moments. you can't do it past a certain month though since elections end after awhile and that will lock you out for good.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I made it to the sixth palace and I didn't have any free time to go to mementos. I feel I'm going to get fucked if I don't grind there before starting it.
    I made it to the sixth palace and I didn't have any free time to go to mementos. I feel I'm going to get fucked if I don't grind there before starting it.

Hmm i usually grind in the dungeon itself. I only do mementos to progress in it or handle requests, you should be fine
    ive never grinded in mementos. the differences in levels are just too high for the enemy to provide any decent experience gain.
  • ShogunZShogunZ You Jelly? Joined: Posts: 1,836
    I usually breeze right to mementos targets. Much too easy to reasonably grind. Like others have said, just grind the palace itself. Every palace so far I've had plenty of time to go in and bullshit a few times before even finding the treasure route.

Question: how important is Arsene? I just cannot level him up to the degree where he's effective as the other personas I can gather as Joker. Does he have useful late game skills that I can't get elsewhere?
    PS4 Now Playing: Persona 5, Injustice 2, Horizon: Zero Dawn
    Mementos will usually have shadows on my level when I reach the floors near the wall. I like to grind those guys so I can breeze through the palaces.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,070
    C9xKQqwUAAQMrFB?format=jpg&name=large
    Fucking saved.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    I beat 5th palace today. Wasnt too hard in terms of boss but i hated the palace itself. Gonna try to max out 1-2 more ppl before finishing 6th dungeon...been slacking on Ann. Also heard after 5th dungeon the game reaches its climax? Or point near the climax, basically shit kicks into high gear