Shin Megami Tensei / Persona Series: General Discussion

Comments

• GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wasted wrote: »
    You said finished the 4th palace, which is Futaba's, so you already know about her.

Nothing was spoiled for you.

Not for me you idiot, for other people. You know, like the person who's question I was answering
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,548
    Aye, chill out, people.

What's done is done. Let's just try to avoid doing it again.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,394
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,815
    I'm in mid July
    Sae becoming a social link is something I didn't see happening. I hope I can develop it outside the main story because it would suck otherwise. Bad enough Igor and Morgana can only be developed during the main story.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    I'm in late October right now, shit's ramping up
    edited April 13
    I'm in mid July
    Sae becoming a social link is something I didn't see happening. I hope I can develop it outside the main story because it would suck otherwise. Bad enough Igor and Morgana can only be developed during the main story.
    Yeah that really surprised me too

Whoops, double post
    That feel when you need to sacrifice a good persona to progress the twins social link.
    7037-Raw-autoplay_gif-crying-gif-vince_mcmahon-wwe.gif
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,060
    Can you not register them in 5?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    I can but I get charged a fee for summoning my old personas.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,317
    That feel when you need to sacrifice a good persona to progress the twins social link.

im still level one with them. ive always hated doing that kind of thing and its pretty always amounted to "oh hey i happen to have accidentally made what you want so here you go."

especially with how brutal they made the fusion process this time. seriously are the executions necessary? im already sad im giving up my favorite personas that just drives the blade in deeper.
    Chiro wrote: »

im still level one with them. ive always hated doing that kind of thing and its pretty always amounted to "oh hey i happen to have accidentally made what you want so here you go."

especially with how brutal they made the fusion process this time. seriously are the executions necessary? im already sad im giving up my favorite personas that just drives the blade in deeper.

Executions go with prison theme the game's going for. If fusions didn't allow you to inherit skills this quest wouldn't be worth doing. Advancing this quest line is opening up more options in the velvet room.
    edited April 14
    starting the next dungeon and Haru is quickly becoming my least liked character.
    she has no idea what she's doing, is involved in a dispute she knows nothing about, about then gets on her high horse and blows everyone trying to help her off. Morgana is starting to piss me off as well, but at least i know he's acting like an ass because of his identity crisis and isn't just being ignorant.

all of this pointless drama is keeping me from starting Shinya's social link to and ive been looking forward to that.

on the plus side Achechi is now aware of the metaverse so things should start getting very interesting soon

and now Ryuji joined the cunt train, fucking asshole
  • ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,971
    Is it just me or does Makoto's VA sound like Stephanie McMahon? In fact, she ACTS like Stephanie while in the metaverse...
    Makoto is nothing like Stephanie McMahon. She's a likable character and isn't emasculating everything with a dick.

Where is Akechi so I can develop his link? I can't find this guy anywhere.
    Makoto is nothing like Stephanie McMahon. She's a likable character and isn't emasculating everything with a dick.

What date are you up to? You can't manually develop it until a certain point
  • ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,971

Sure she is. First of all I specifically mentioned the voice, and they do sound very similar (Niijima is less screech-y, though) and for most of the first arc she is in she IS overbearing and bossy.

Anyway.

This is my first JRPG is over 10 years. I genuinely thought I was over them, apparently I was just over Squaresoft. I want to go back and play the older ones now, but I don't feel like buying a Vita just for Golden...
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,060
    Then get PSTV, they are cheap.

And who the fuck is Stephenie McMahon? The WWE chick? Context pls.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    ShogunZ wrote: »

Sure she is. First of all I specifically mentioned the voice, and they do sound very similar (Niijima is less screech-y, though) and for most of the first arc she is in she IS overbearing and bossy.

Anyway.

This is my first JRPG is over 10 years. I genuinely thought I was over them, apparently I was just over Squaresoft. I want to go back and play the older ones now, but I don't feel like buying a Vita just for Golden...

She's still nothing like Stephanie. Steph being is overbearing and bossy because she's a self-important bitch who needs to feel superior to everyone around her. Makoto doesn't come close.
    Gasaraki wrote: »

Heading into early August.
    Then get PSTV, they are cheap.

And who the fuck is Stephenie McMahon? The WWE chick? Context pls.

Yes, the WWE chick. Shogun is comparing Makoto to Steph as an authority figure.

Heading into early August.

You've got a ways to go, it's in November I think
  • DeathologyDeathology Joined: Posts: 549
    edited April 14
    You can't manually develop Akechi, it's always from fixed main story scenes.
    Deathology wrote: »

At all?
    Deathology wrote: »

At all?

Yup. I'm guessing you're assuming you can because *spoilers*
  • DANZANDANZAN NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,565
    I don't see anyone talking about the guy with headphones playing on his Vita in the subway train.
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
    edited April 14
    I've noticed that guy. He's a bro. I also noticed that one of the mementos bosses is the creepy schoolgirl that's peeks around the corner in the second floor of the school. I got yandere vibes from her but I didn't think I would have to step in. :lol:
    Post edited by Hawkingbird on
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,471
    I am so glad I have easter holidays right now, or else I'd have problems explaining to everyone how I managed to rack up 24 hours of Persona 5 playtime in three days.

Honestly I have a bunch of small, niggling complaints about the game, and yet I think there's almost 15 years since last I got sucked into a single player game to this degree (Tales of Symphonia). I just hope I don't fail this semester because of this. D:

I'm late June. Makoto has entered the scene. Shit's just getting better.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,394
    edited April 15
    Get that Yasogami High DLC for Makoto (and Ann), stat
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    One of the Memento bosses is from the P5 animation. They should do more like that.

One of the Memento bosses is from the P5 animation. They should do more like that.

thats highly impractical and very costly.

You know P4 had two anime adaptations, right?

yes and they're focused on the main plot. the only reason daybreakers was made was to advertise the game without spoilers.
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,042
    Just beat the 4th palace and either I'm overpowered or need to switch the game to hard because I'm absolutely wrecking everything in my path. The Anubis monster is the only thing that has given me a game over aside from the 2nd palace boss(which imo had been the hardest thus far).

Not to be a fanboy but damn, this game set the bar real high for all future JRPGs. Its crazy good.
    I have the game on hard and the 4th palace is still easy. I'm playing through it and yea, the Anubis shadow is the only one that's providing a challenge.

yes and they're focused on the main plot. the only reason daybreakers was made was to advertise the game without spoilers.

I'm not getting the point you're trying to make.

What's wrong with having an anime like P4s that covers the main story and a bit of Mementos?

What's wrong with having an anime like P4s that covers the main story and a bit of Mementos?

I'm guessing he doesn't want for supplementary anime to have plot importance. Like how you needed to watch Kingsglaive to understand what was going on in Final Fantasy 15 when heading into the final act.

I'm guessing he doesn't want for supplementary anime to have plot importance. Like how you needed to watch Kingsglaive to understand what was going on in Final Fantasy 15 when heading into the final act.

I didn't say anything about an anime like that. Mementos missions turned into anime episodes is what I suggested. No plot importance, not required to make sense of the events.

Yeah I'm with Phantom, I don't see any problem with what he suggested, and I feel like people are just misunderstanding what he said or something
    It would be cool to see anime based on the mementos missions.
    These guys rude as fuck.
    How you gonna roll up in somebody's house uninvited and bang on their bedroom door? Woulda bodied all of em.

I didn't die but the 7th palace boss was a 2 hour long boss fight for me. I guess I am under leveled and on hard though. Just saw that some people beat it on normal in like an hour. Maybe I should spend the 400k to fuse God's Hand...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file