Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that.

Comments

• LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 I need a win button Joined: Posts: 20,364
    edited May 2016
    Zelda U is the only game that matters.

...though technically we can't really call it Zelda "U" anymore, can we.
    Bious wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Last year I bet on Last Guardian and won, so this year I'm aiming even higher.

New Megaman. LET'S ROCK!

Mighty No. Scam will release before that happens.

When you buy Mighty #9 and like it I'm having LW pick your avatar for the same amount of time M#9 got delayed.

But there's too many good avs to choose from!

Speaking of which...are there gonna be any E3 bets this year? I see SH included that in the OP...
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • NAPNAP Joined: Posts: 1,812
    The PS4.5 will be the most interesting announcement. I'm really curious to see how people react to it.
    NAP wrote: »
    The PS4.5 will be the most interesting announcement. I'm really curious to see how people react to it.

Mixed to indifferent. Especially if, unlike the N3DS, there aren't any games exclusive to the upgrade.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,200

The reaction will depend on how Sony handles it and if they put up some type of upgrade program. You can expect the normal deals from the gamestop or whatever but if Sony themselves has something in the pipeline then it could be great.

I don't think it will blow the masses away though, A system that just may make some games slightly better doesn't do much, especially if those benefits won't be apparent in every game.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,701

Mixed to indifferent. Especially if, unlike the N3DS, there aren't any games exclusive to the upgrade.

If there is going to be exclusives it sure as isn't going to be anytime soon so yeah could not careless either.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,231

Massive booing across the venue and the most embarrassing moment in Sony's history
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,564
    Chiro wrote: »

If there is going to be exclusives it sure as isn't going to be anytime soon so yeah could not careless either.

Song made it mandate that no games will be exclusive to the PS4.5. They don't want to spilt the community.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • ExposedDExposedD Persona 5 Joined: Posts: 6,150
    edited May 2016
    i'm curious about the NX more than anything else,mostly because Nintendo has been screwing up so much
    in recent times you'd think they are on Sega's path to glory (†).

Wonder if the NX will be able to restore some faith.

As for ps4.5 i'll probably upgrade later on if i see that there are noticeable differences in how ps4 games run.
    edit : which i very much doubt , btw.
    Persona 5
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,200
    No NX announcement at E3 according to Nintendo
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,701
    Why is anyone expecting anything from them for E3? Even if they were doing anything it would be in a Direct stream.
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,214
    No NX at e3 is dumb to me. Like I know for a while now Nintendo has been saying they arent directly trying to compete with PS and xbox.

But I feel sometimes they do outlandish shit solely to try to stay true to that statement.

I mean Zelda gonna be the focus of the show, which will also be a NX launch title so why not show the the NX there lol

Only other place they can show it is Tokyo Game Show but I dont think the general consumer keeps up with whatever is talked about in Japan
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,694

Funny you mention that, because I've yet to hear of ANY games out or upcoming or whatever the proper term is that are going to be exclusive to the N3DS.
  • spudlyff8fanspudlyff8fan is love. Joined: Posts: 7,002
    Apparently the Sony and Nintendo console announcements won't happen until TGS.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,564
    DrellyFish wrote: »
    No NX at e3 is dumb to me. Like I know for a while now Nintendo has been saying they arent directly trying to compete with PS and xbox.

But I feel sometimes they do outlandish shit solely to try to stay true to that statement.

I mean Zelda gonna be the focus of the show, which will also be a NX launch title so why not show the the NX there lol

Only other place they can show it is Tokyo Game Show but I dont think the general consumer keeps up with whatever is talked about in Japan

Sony and Microsoft held their own press events when they revealed their consoles. Nintendo could be doing the same.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,346
    edited May 2016
    Chiro wrote: »
    I just want a iPersona 5, Yakuza 0, and Scalebound release dates.

In terms of rumored shit I would like to see a DMC 5.

Idk i dont have much to realistically hope for. So maybe this year will be a surprise year

If we get a DMC5 I don't see a reason for Scalebound anymore considering it's basically DMC4 with an akward dragon buddy system.

Except it isn't.

Really just want an official confirmation for PC, on this game. Quantum Break was pushed back for a PC version, so I'm expecting the reason for the delay to next year being the reason Scalebound was pushed back.

As for NX not being at E3, well Sony and MS didn't have their reveals at E3, but the again the Nintendo Factor come into play.

Edit: Another thing to consider is the Zelda demo might have some NX only features that are ther,e but in a subtle way to add to more speculation.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
    So Nintendo is just showing Zelda.......

got it.
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,021
    Megaman legends 3
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 17,958
    edited May 2016
    Nintendo has traditionally not involved themselves with TGS.
  • kylebrkylebr Casually competitive Joined: Posts: 878
    edited May 2016
    No NX, no hype. I really doubt Nintendo will have any exciting new announcement to display. Just hope Zelda live up to the expectations, some Pokemon info, DQ VII and VIII launch date, and I am done with Nintendo presentation.

PS4K is whatever for me, but maybe Sony has some juicy new exclusives to announce, we know at least Wild Guns is gonna return as a PS4 exclusive. There are always good third party announcements anyway.

I wonder if Capcom is gonna show something new of SFV. I think they will just try to hype up story mode and give a release date, if that. The focus will be on new Capcom games.
    CFN: kylebr92, Fightcade: kylebr, Steam: kylebr92, PSN: cloud280992, WiiU: kyleBR
    USFIV: Rose (main), Guile, Makoto.
    GG Xrd: Ky. I suck, but I buy anime fighters only to practice combos anyway. Probably Johnny and Jack-O when Revelator shows up on PC.
    SSB4: Mario, Cloud.
    SFV: Guile, Chun.
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,277
    Nintendo has stated that the NX is not ready for display yet and dont want to show something that isnt complete (console wise )
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    SWBeta wrote: »
    Y'all nintendo niggas gonna be salty as fuck

Not even the day of yet and Nintendo niggas are already salty. What did I say?
    Well, I guess if there's not going to be a PS4.5 release date, that just means I can spend my money on something else in the meantime. No use in my getting a PS4 if an upgraded model's coming out later this year.

Who's salty?
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

• SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770

Who's salty?

Can you not read?
    I can read. I don't see anyone here who's salty. Since you didn't link anywhere else, I figured you were referring just to this thread.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

• VynceVynce Hater. Joined: Posts: 14,654
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Well, I guess if there's not going to be a PS4.5 release date, that just means I can spend my money on something else in the meantime. No use in my getting a PS4 if an upgraded model's coming out later this year.

Yeah, I mean if you guys have waited this long. I had to replace mine because I'd had a PS4 for over 2 years and I was used to having it and missed it. Rocket League, Trials Fusion, Black Ops 3, and some stuff I still need to replace.
    "My name is Pertho and I like whoopi goldbergs tits."-Pertho
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 10,964
    Zelda U is the only game that matters.

...though technically we can't really call it Zelda "U" anymore, can we.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Last year I bet on Last Guardian and won, so this year I'm aiming even higher.

New Megaman. LET'S ROCK!

Mighty No. Scam will release before that happens.

When you buy Mighty #9 and like it I'm having LW pick your avatar for the same amount of time M#9 got delayed.

Speaking of which...are there gonna be any E3 bets this year? I see SH included that in the OP...

I would but CrotchLicka flaked from our bet last year and I like my avatar too much to bet it right now.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,283
    Wait what?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Shin_JrShin_Jr " they need to stop it " Joined: Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    chadouken! wrote: »
    LOL at Nintendo showing Zelda but not the console that's going to be launched with it.

well it really is just all about the games
    you think I'm typing just to type it

here's 50 cents run down to the store and grab a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk - GM
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,694
    Shin_Jr wrote: »
    chadouken! wrote: »
    LOL at Nintendo showing Zelda but not the console that's going to be launched with it.

well it really is just all about the games
    Yeah, yeah. I'm just being a dick.
    This SRK nonsense will never stop.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
  • BadMojoBadMojo Joined: Posts: 2,544
    Looking forward to:
    • How many episodes FF7: Remake will be.
    • Kojima's new game with Sony whatever that is.
    • Red Dead Redemption 2.
    • Resident Evil 7 if it exists.
    • Deep Down/Dragon's Dogma 2 if it exists.
    • Next From Software game.
    • Skyrim 2.
    • Persona 5.
  • Soul7Soul7 Joined: Posts: 485
    My main hope is the announcement of Soulcalibur VI.
    Second biggest thing i'm hoping for is a new Crash Bandicoot by Sony & Naughty Dog. Reboot or remake would be fine as well.

Others stuff i'd like to see:
    -New KOF XIV trailer.
    -Tekken 7 Release Date.
    Want Arika (a.k.a SF EX) characters in SF5?
    Like this page: https://www.facebook.com/ArikaCharactersForStreetFighterV
    Or Sign this Petition: https://www.change.org/p/yoshinori-ono-team-street-fighter-v-petition-arika-characters-for-street-fighter-v
    Petition for Capcom to buy the Arika characters' license in order to hopefully include some as DLC in SFV.
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,214
    BadMojo wrote: »
    Looking forward to:
    • Red Dead Redemption 2.
    • Skyrim 2.
    • Persona 5.

I believe they said FF7 will be 3 games. So I'm assuming it'd be broken up in the same way as the 13 trilogy
    Looking forward to:
    • Red Dead Redemption 2.
    • Skyrim 2.
    • Persona 5.

I believe they said FF7 will be 3 games. So I'm assuming it'd be broken up in the same way as the 13 trilogy

Ff7 will be 4 games. Launched for 40 bucks and midgar will consume the first two games. Put it on the board.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,012
    I could gasm so hard to:

-Nier Automata
    -Let It Die
    -Soul Calibur 6
    -Devil May Cry 5
    -Resident Evil 2 REmake
    -Resident Evil 7

Dont really care about anything else.
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg There's the truth of time and the truth of legend. Joined: Posts: 3,760
    Looking forward to:

Skyrim 2.

I doubt there will ever be a 2nd one.

The Elder Scrolls 6 on the other hand...

HYPE.gif
    (> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
  • Disciple of RyuDisciple of Ryu The King of Iron Fist Joined: Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Anybody wanna place bets on whether or not Summer Lessons will show up due to the current censorship climate? I'm thinking it'll be a no show or behind closed doors.
    RIP 2 Donkey Kong song and dance numbers each episode, lol.
    I want a new Megaman Battle Network.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,624
    Am I the only one not really hyped for E3?

Seeing Zelda XNU game play will be awesome, but I don't plan on buying it before beating Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword so it'll be a tease for me lol. Other than that I can't think of what surprises or expected games I'd be really wowed by I mean Deus Ex and Mirror's Edge will probably once again own the show.

I don't know just can't think of anything to really get me excited, hopefully there are some games I can't think of at the moment that catch me off guard but as it stands seeing more footage of stuff I already know a lot about like Cuphead doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,327
    I hate myself for agreeing with zoo but i'm not really excited for E3 either

I don't care what's coming I just want the games they announced last year to come out already.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,231
    Am I the only one not really hyped for E3?

Seeing Zelda XNU game play will be awesome, but I don't plan on buying it before beating Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword so it'll be a tease for me lol. Other than that I can't think of what surprises or expected games I'd be really wowed by I mean Deus Ex and Mirror's Edge will probably once again own the show.

I don't know just can't think of anything to really get me excited, hopefully there are some games I can't think of at the moment that catch me off guard but as it stands seeing more footage of stuff I already know a lot about like Cuphead doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

It's probably because the most interesting titles were revealed last year and will only have gameplay/more info showing at E3 2016

I'd still advise you to tune in, you never know what they can drop during these shows and something might ingite interest within you
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    With me, it's not so much that I'm "not hyped for E3" as much as it is "I forgot E3 was coming up soon".
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 17,958
    Looking forward to:
    • Red Dead Redemption 2.
    • Skyrim 2.
    • Persona 5.

Ff7 will be 4 games. Launched for 40 bucks and midgar will consume the first two games. Put it on the board.

Are we making a bet here?
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,012
    E3 has been antihype these past few years because theres a lack of new IPs. The few that come out dont really get the attention they deserve and become a drop in the bucket. Its more lucrative to make sequels more times than not.

Killer Is Dead was completely slept on. So was Sunset Overdrive.

It is what it is..