Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that.

Comments

• BadMojoBadMojo Joined: Posts: 2,558
    Looking forward to:
    • How many episodes FF7: Remake will be.
    • Kojima's new game with Sony whatever that is.
    • Red Dead Redemption 2.
    • Resident Evil 7 if it exists.
    • Deep Down/Dragon's Dogma 2 if it exists.
    • Next From Software game.
    • Skyrim 2.
    • Persona 5.
  • Soul7Soul7 Joined: Posts: 485
    My main hope is the announcement of Soulcalibur VI.
    Second biggest thing i'm hoping for is a new Crash Bandicoot by Sony & Naughty Dog. Reboot or remake would be fine as well.

Others stuff i'd like to see:
    -New KOF XIV trailer.
    -Tekken 7 Release Date.
    Want Arika (a.k.a SF EX) characters in SF5?
    Like this page: https://www.facebook.com/ArikaCharactersForStreetFighterV
    Or Sign this Petition: https://www.change.org/p/yoshinori-ono-team-street-fighter-v-petition-arika-characters-for-street-fighter-v
    Petition for Capcom to buy the Arika characters' license in order to hopefully include some as DLC in SFV.
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,544
    BadMojo wrote: »
    Looking forward to:
    • Red Dead Redemption 2.
    • Skyrim 2.
    • Persona 5.

I believe they said FF7 will be 3 games. So I'm assuming it'd be broken up in the same way as the 13 trilogy
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,313
    DrellyFish wrote: »
    Looking forward to:
    • Red Dead Redemption 2.
    • Skyrim 2.
    • Persona 5.

I believe they said FF7 will be 3 games. So I'm assuming it'd be broken up in the same way as the 13 trilogy

Ff7 will be 4 games. Launched for 40 bucks and midgar will consume the first two games. Put it on the board.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,083
    I could gasm so hard to:

-Nier Automata
    -Let It Die
    -Soul Calibur 6
    -Devil May Cry 5
    -Resident Evil 2 REmake
    -Resident Evil 7

Dont really care about anything else.
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg En man göre inte vad han vill, utan vad han bör. Joined: Posts: 3,948
    Looking forward to:

Skyrim 2.

I doubt there will ever be a 2nd one.

The Elder Scrolls 6 on the other hand...

HYPE.gif
    (> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
  • Disciple of RyuDisciple of Ryu The King of Iron Fist Joined: Posts: 758 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Anybody wanna place bets on whether or not Summer Lessons will show up due to the current censorship climate? I'm thinking it'll be a no show or behind closed doors.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,888
    RIP 2 Donkey Kong song and dance numbers each episode, lol.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,629
    I want a new Megaman Battle Network.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,636
    Am I the only one not really hyped for E3?

Seeing Zelda XNU game play will be awesome, but I don't plan on buying it before beating Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword so it'll be a tease for me lol. Other than that I can't think of what surprises or expected games I'd be really wowed by I mean Deus Ex and Mirror's Edge will probably once again own the show.

I don't know just can't think of anything to really get me excited, hopefully there are some games I can't think of at the moment that catch me off guard but as it stands seeing more footage of stuff I already know a lot about like Cuphead doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,448
    I hate myself for agreeing with zoo but i'm not really excited for E3 either

I don't care what's coming I just want the games they announced last year to come out already.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,871
    Am I the only one not really hyped for E3?

Seeing Zelda XNU game play will be awesome, but I don't plan on buying it before beating Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword so it'll be a tease for me lol. Other than that I can't think of what surprises or expected games I'd be really wowed by I mean Deus Ex and Mirror's Edge will probably once again own the show.

I don't know just can't think of anything to really get me excited, hopefully there are some games I can't think of at the moment that catch me off guard but as it stands seeing more footage of stuff I already know a lot about like Cuphead doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

It's probably because the most interesting titles were revealed last year and will only have gameplay/more info showing at E3 2016

I'd still advise you to tune in, you never know what they can drop during these shows and something might ingite interest within you
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,629
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,888
    With me, it's not so much that I'm "not hyped for E3" as much as it is "I forgot E3 was coming up soon".
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,094
    DrellyFish wrote: »
    Looking forward to:
    • Red Dead Redemption 2.
    • Skyrim 2.
    • Persona 5.

Ff7 will be 4 games. Launched for 40 bucks and midgar will consume the first two games. Put it on the board.

Are we making a bet here?
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,083
    E3 has been antihype these past few years because theres a lack of new IPs. The few that come out dont really get the attention they deserve and become a drop in the bucket. Its more lucrative to make sequels more times than not.

Killer Is Dead was completely slept on. So was Sunset Overdrive.

It is what it is..
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,257
    That they deserve? Killer Is Dead had zero advertising and Sunset Overdrive was announced alongside one of the most hated console of our generation.

If nobody is talking about your new IP then either you aren't giving them anything to talk about or nobody cares. They deserve a platform to speak on and show off their game if they are unable to use it wisely then that's their fault.

I remmeber nobody would stop talking about For Honour when it was announced, and nobody as stopped talking about No Man's Sky. There was pretty much nobody talking about Horizon Zero Dawn, but that was because everyone saw that footage, said it looked great, but couldn't tell if it was all CG and the developers released almost nothing afterwords for the longest time.

Yeah it's probably unwise to release your interview the same day as a new FF7: Remake trailer, but what about the other 374 days?

E3 has been antihype these past few years because theres a lack of new IPs. The few that come out dont really get the attention they deserve and become a drop in the bucket. Its more lucrative to make sequels more times than not.

Killer Is Dead was completely slept on. So was Sunset Overdrive.

It is what it is..

Sunset Overdrive was slept on because Insomniac Games chose the worst platform to launch it on + it never got a PC port (which is a trend with recent xbox exclusives I see)
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,073
    Killer is dead got shat on because it was released at the height of sjws being all over video games.
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,474
    Thanks for reminding me that i have to buy a copy of Killer is dead.

I liked that game quite alot. I always enjoy Suda games anyway.
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
    Davidstar wrote: »
    Killer is dead got shat on because it was released at the height of sjws being all over video games.

Yeah I'm sure that's why.
  • SadQuotesSadQuotes Begging for Thread Joined: Posts: 4,540
    edited May 2016
    This year is gonna be dope, a lot better than 2015 I feel.

2015 was plagued with disappointments like 2012
    This is what it feels like.
  • SadQuotesSadQuotes Begging for Thread Joined: Posts: 4,540
    Skyrim 2 would be a horrible idea
    This is what it feels like.
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg En man göre inte vad han vill, utan vad han bör. Joined: Posts: 3,948
    It's almost as bad as the people that say shit like " What if Zelda was a girl?"

Well....

http://cdn1-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/hyrule-warriors-legends/linkle2.jpg

not-sure-if-fry-meme.jpg
    (> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
    Watching Zelda fans get pissed off for people getting confused by their terribly named series is the best.

• SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,415
    Chiro wrote: »
    Watching Zelda fans get pissed off for people getting confused by their terribly named series is the best.

What? What about the name is terrible?
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • CloudEnvyCloudEnvy I'll drop the freaking moon! Joined: Posts: 899
    It's the called the Legend of Zelda while the main character's name is Link.
    Watch me stream with my friends twitch.tv/superscrubbrothers
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,891
    edited May 2016
    Yea but that's due to it being more of a vestigial title like Final Fantasy. At this point most people should know, but it would be stupid to expect everyone to know.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,636
    Do you guys get hype about games you don't plan on buying? These are games I'm interested in but either don't own the console they're on, wont play until I beat the previous entries, or need to see more of before being willing to buy.

Zelda UNX
    GGX: R
    Mass Effect: Andromeda
    Titanfall 2
    Below
    FF7
    Gears of War 4
    Horizon: Zero Dawn
    Scalebound

Oh and special shutout to Keiji Inafune can't wait to see more footage of his Xbone exclusive AAA game ReCore....imagine if it actually looked like a good game some of you'd get hypertension :rofl:

Oh and new info on the NX:

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/nintendo-asahi-shimbun-interview-with-tatsumi-kimishima-movies-mobile-nx/
    Interviewer: It seems more to me that the NX will have an effect on the Wii U due to the fact that both will be consoles.
    Kimishima: I suppose it can be seen that way. However, the NX is neither the successor to the Wii U nor to the 3DS. It's a new way of playing games, which I think will have a larger impact than the Wii U, but I don't feel it's a pure replacement for the Wii U.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,891
    I wouldn;t say i get hyped or excited for games I dont want to play, but I am always happy to see something that looks good, even if doesn't interest me, cuz it will interest someone.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator (since I own SIGN, only makes sense to not skip the current year's entry)

Mass Effect: Andromeda (I still gotta finish ME2 and ME3, so Early 2017 timeframe should give me enough time for preperation)

Titanfall 2 (I missed out on the first one because no Xbox)

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Borderlands 3 (hopefully they'll finally announce it)

Battlefield 1 (never played WW1 games before, super-excited for this one. Can't wait for the beta)

Kingdom Hearts III (never played the series before so I have a lot of catching up to do)

South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Watch Dogs 2, if it proves to be a worthy successor. For example, AC1 was kinda meh but AC2 was so much better. I hope the same happens with WD2, especially in terms of expanding the amount of hackable stuff in the world
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• NAPNAP Joined: Posts: 1,812
    I wouldn;t say i get hyped or excited for games I dont want to play, but I am always happy to see something that looks good, even if doesn't interest me, cuz it will interest someone.

Same here. I also pay attention to stuff just in case I decide to try a genre I've not had much experience in too.
    edited May 2016
    Not really no, in fact id prefer for them to turn out bad so i don't feel like im missing out. like i said when i watched Cuphead "sweet looking game. oh this is xbox one? time to ignore all of that news." i don't wish it to bomb, but i don't want to hear about it either.

what i would like to hear about is that new Vanillaware/Atlus game.

Id be excited to hear about anything from Atlas really. aside from 13 Sentinels, Persona 5, and Blazblue they're also rumored to be showcasing any of Segas stuff as well.
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,789
    CloudEnvy wrote: »
    It's the called the Legend of Zelda while the main character's name is Link.

Yes, because we all know Atlas Shrugged was literally about a Greek diety shrugging for 600 pages.

Come on now, fellas.

Woah dude spoilers.
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

Currently Playing: Vampire: TMB, Lost Odyssey, Rise of the Tomb Raider
This discussion has been closed.