Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that.

Comments

• odinodin the final solution Joined: Posts: 15,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm sure bitches would be moving the dick size slider for most people too.
  • SonicabidSonicabid This is Jon he Does It Joined: Posts: 11,899
    edited February 17

I love this fucking weirdo..

Need to pre-order this for the dope shirt. :coffee:
    Kecka wrote: »

I love him as a fucked up pretentious artist man. His games, on the other hand, are more often misses than hits. Even Nier, arguably his greatest work to date, is a pretty ass game with good direction and story. The Drakengard series has the problems of pretty solid story and characterization mixed with goofy and/or ridiculously edgy shit. Like the cannibal pedophile. Or the sister fucking. Or the child soldiers. Not that I necessarily mind killing children if it serves a purpose (seriously, fuck the MGSV pussy-out), but that mission is about annihilating like 1000 kids with no emotional impact whatsoever in a game that already has shit controls and extremely uniform battles. How the fuck do you make slaughtering children boring?

Say what you will about Drakengard, but talking shit about Nier is heresy. Game is God tier. GOD TIER.
    Up in Dublins fuckin' Christina Aguilera sniffing Celine Dion's asscrack fulla fuckin' aloe vera
  • angelpalmangelpalm Dat new persona looking fresh my squigga Joined: Posts: 22,805 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sonicabid wrote: »

I love him as a fucked up pretentious artist man. His games, on the other hand, are more often misses than hits. Even Nier, arguably his greatest work to date, is a pretty ass game with good direction and story. The Drakengard series has the problems of pretty solid story and characterization mixed with goofy and/or ridiculously edgy shit. Like the cannibal pedophile. Or the sister fucking. Or the child soldiers. Not that I necessarily mind killing children if it serves a purpose (seriously, fuck the MGSV pussy-out), but that mission is about annihilating like 1000 kids with no emotional impact whatsoever in a game that already has shit controls and extremely uniform battles. How the fuck do you make slaughtering children boring?

Say what you will about Drakengard, but talking shit about Nier is heresy. Game is God tier. GOD TIER.

This is a ps3 game?

Everyone that isn't a weeb says it's average at best and contains shallow repetitive gameplay and shit graphics(as can be seen in the video) so of course it would be up this shit stains alley. People should just do themselves a flavor and skip the game and grab the soundtrack.

• GespenstRitterGespenstRitter The Sharp-Eyed Impaler Joined: Posts: 2,997
    drizzt360 wrote: »
    Was lookin' at some bullshit and it asked "if you could have one special power/ability from a game what would it be?

The obvious and best ability would be making save points.
    You should be watching Thunderbolt Fantasy.
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 3,355
    Uh, I'm not sure what I want, but I want a game. Any recommendations on some good singleplayer stuff? I'm thinking about MGSV, but really anything will work.
    Within the dream, he stayed.

"Some garbage is okay." - Safety Stegosaurus
  • angelpalmangelpalm Dat new persona looking fresh my squigga Joined: Posts: 22,805 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Uh, I'm not sure what I want, but I want a game. Any recommendations on some good singleplayer stuff? I'm thinking about MGSV, but really anything will work.

strike force ex lol
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Frame Data Scientist Joined: Posts: 20,294
    Id rather a CaC lever option in real life

"Hey babe, wanna go have fun in bed?"
    *moves booty size meter all the way to the right*

Fixed that for you.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,253
    Id rather a CaC lever option in real life

"Hey babe, wanna go have fun in bed?"
    *moves booty size meter all the way to the right*

Fixed that for you.

I mean, id do both
  • SonicabidSonicabid This is Jon he Does It Joined: Posts: 11,899
    angelpalm wrote: »

This is a ps3 game?

Everyone that isn't a weeb says it's average at best and contains shallow repetitive gameplay and shit graphics(as can be seen in the video) so of course it would be up this shit stains alley. People should just do themselves a flavor and skip the game and grab the soundtrack.

lol are you still mad about what I said about CoD? You've been quoting every single post I've made in here and following it up with a tryhard shitpost ever since. :rofl:

Thanks for your opinion on a game that you've got from other people - not from actually playing the game yourself PooPimples Junior X OtakuCoDPhag
    Up in Dublins fuckin' Christina Aguilera sniffing Celine Dion's asscrack fulla fuckin' aloe vera
    The only people that should be mad are those that waste their time listening to your shit opinions bruh :coffee:

Ain't nobody got time to play some whack ass gamecube looking game from 5 years ago. We know that is your whole shtick but comeone yo.

You never did answer my question anyways coward and probably never will, stay dodging scrub.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,824
    The toast ain't got shit on any of the meat dishes. I had to stop playing XV while smoking cuz all the meals kept making me hungry as fuck. Kickin off my munchy cravings like a mother fucker.
    thick-sliced-steakjpg-19acb4_1280w.jpg

Just like Grammy used to make.

Yes I know there is better food that is available later in the game.
    I just think it is neat how far Square Enix went to render food, even boring food like dry toast.

I am only going to comment on parts of the game I had played on. I only now gotten FFXV, so far it's not a bad game.
    It's like playing "Final Fantasy: The Hangover". Nothing too special yet, but so far it isn't bad, the game got my interests. I do not see the update patch as that big of a deal, the update loaded faster on my PS4 than other game updates.

Also Po needs to come off his high horse, out of all the developers who launched a Day 1 patch, Square-Enix is far, far from the worst offenders.
    Such as Ubisoft and Assassin Unity or Activision and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 that was go buggy the repair patch was bigger than the actual game.

If anything Square-Enix is handling the Update patches rather well. Obviously FFXV is a huge game with lots of moving parts, and no amount of Debugging is going to find all the issues.
    At some point the publisher has to go forwards with that product. Square-Enix is rather forwards and open to the public whats going on with the game.
    Especially how this game was FF XIII Verses and got retooled to FFXV get away from the nonsense that is XIII.

Never pay double the retail price
    edited February 17
    Like this dude could have been like the guy that name dropped Titanfall or whatever like the other kid did a few pages back and I would have just scratched my chin. Making these dumb ass statements about games talking about this and that when his ass got like 4 or 5 of them hoes. But you right bro I would probably be burnt on call of doot doot to if I was playing it on vita like your corny ass.

https://psnprofiles.com/Sonicabid
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,543

Say what you will about Drakengard, but talking shit about Nier is heresy. Game is God tier. GOD TIER.[/quote]

Nier is fantastic in terms of everything but the gameplay. Combat is repetitive, way too easy, lacks depth to the point where most of your abilities are pointless, and the controls feel jank as fuck. Most of the minigames are simply not fun. The sidequests are largely pointless and extremely cryptic and/or tedious. The bonus endings can't be achieved without grinding for weapons, even if actually doing so is less retarded than in Drakengard. It's a great game marred by rather sub-par gameplay. And that's why Automata is so hype. Because it's finally a game where people who do gameplay competently get to do the gameplay, while Yoko Taro sticks to doing the shit he's so good at.
    SFV: Gief, Bison
    Xrd: Fucking nobody and everybody, but I like Elphelt, Sin, Raven and Ramlethal a little more than others
    Garou: Grant, Butt
    KI: Riptor, Aganos
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,484
    But platinum is shit guys, they gave raiden heels :coffee:

I'm pretty sure Kojima did that in MGS4
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,673
    Picked up DMC4 special edition during the flash sell. I've never been a big fan of DMC always preferred Ninja Gaiden Gaiden to it, but I do miss meterless combat.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 446
    PS3 Trumps all for me. It has everything I need. Great fighters, amazing rpgs, unparalleled action games and even HD versions of some of PS2's best series like DMC and Ratchet and Clank.

PS2 has next spot. Even with some of its games hitting PS3, it has enough exclusives to still make it worthwhile
    I disagree, I think PC trumps all, but console-wise I would choose PS2.

Fighter: Tekken Tag Tournament, Guilty Gear XX: Slash, Virtua Fighter 4, Soul Calibur 3 (PAL), Kengo II, Def Jam: Fight for NY, ect.
    RPG: Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Dark Cloud 2, Persona 4, Final Fantasy XII, Phantom Brave, Grandia 2, Dark Alliance, ect.
    Action: Devil May Cry 3, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, God of War, Kingdom Hearts, Onimusha 3, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, ect.
    Horror: Silent Hill 2, Resident Evil 4, Fatal Frame II, Forbidden Siren, Obscure, Rule of Rose, The Suffering, Ghost Hunter, ect.
    Racing: Midnight Club 3, Gran Turismo 4, Enthusia: Professional Racing, Burnout 3, Wipeout: Fusion, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, ect.
    FPS: Time Splitters: Future Perfect, Deus Ex: The Consiracy, Dark Watch, Half Life, King Kong, Black, Medal of Honor: Front Line, ect.
    TPS: Metal Gear Solid 3, From Russia With Love, Max Payne 2, Psi-Ops, The Punisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Mercenaries, ect.
    Platformer: Psychonauts, Sly Cooper, Okami, Beyond Good and Evil, Viewtiful Joe, Sphinx and the Curse of the Mummy, ect.
    Sandbox: Destroy All Humans, Bully, GTA: San Andreas, Way of the Samurai, Yakuza 2, The Godfather, True Crime: New York City, ect.
    Other: Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, Katamari Damacy, Guitar Hero, Indigo Prophecy, God Hand, Dog's Life, Downhill Domination, ect.
  • odinodin the final solution Joined: Posts: 15,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That would be because the PS2 has the most games out of any console ever made.
    Gaming in it's golden age. Just so much to play.
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,062
    I retired my ps3 and pulled out my ps2 out of storage. Set it up on a CRT. Fist of the North Star trumped everything we could play on ps3.

• V1ru5V1ru5 WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Joined: Posts: 191
    edited February 17
    ps4 would be so godlike if it was backwards compatible back to psx.

for now pc is the best platform because of legacy and emulation. if it had more jp dev support it could be even better. things are improving though.
    Post edited by V1ru5 on
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 17,904
    V1ru5 wrote: »
    ps4 wpuld be such so godlike if it was backwards compatible back to psx.

for now pc is the best platform because of legacy and emulation. if it had more jp dev support it could be even better. things are improving though.

How much are you willing to spend on said full bc ps4?
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,328
    PS3 Trumps all for me. It has everything I need. Great fighters, amazing rpgs, unparalleled action games and even HD versions of some of PS2's best series like DMC and Ratchet and Clank.

PS2 has next spot. Even with some of its games hitting PS3, it has enough exclusives to still make it worthwhile
    I disagree, I think PC trumps all, but console-wise I would choose PS2.
    -List-

Cool list and most of it rings true, but not sure if I'd put in Okami in the Platformer section or Godhand in the 'other section' as it's a straight action game.

THPS3 was the best Tony Hawk game. Messed around with the ones after but that was such a huge leap in terms of everything. THPS2 felt like a small incremental upgrade.

PS2 is buff though. I'll bust it out when I'm baby sitting and youngin's are all about the Victorious Boxers 2 (Hajime no Ippo), Alpha Anthology, Okami and VF4. Beast of a system. I have Yakuza 2 coming in from the reprint earlier this week.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,661
    New Game + would be my ability.
    This SRK nonsense will never stop.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 6,583
    You guys have the worst imaginations. Best irl video game power is undoubtedly good ol Sonic 2 style Debug Mode. To be God itself and create the world as you see fit
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,310
    original nier is ugly trash
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,497
    Whaaaat Super Robot Wars 5 has english subtitles in the Asia version. Time to order that shit.
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter The Sharp-Eyed Impaler Joined: Posts: 2,997
    Whaaaat Super Robot Wars 5 has english subtitles in the Asia version. Time to order that shit.
    That's a letter V, not a Roman numeral 5. It's not a sequel to SRW4.

Hopefully the translation quality isn't as shoddy as Moon Dwellers.
    You should be watching Thunderbolt Fantasy.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,497
    That's a letter V, not a Roman numeral 5. It's not a sequel to SRW4.

Hopefully the translation quality isn't as shoddy as Moon Dwellers.

Oh I see lol. I've always heard about SRW but never played any of it.
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Was lookin' at some bullshit and it asked "if you could have one special power/ability from a game what would it be? I'd have to pick the ability to level up. Gain skill points and new moves and such. No level cap either. Dude, how bad would it be to bang some chick then hear the level up music when you finished up. "Oh hold up baby, I just leveled up. I'm gonna toss some points into stamina.".
    sheeeeeeeit, you know I can go on and on forever on this kind of stuff....here we go...

There's a lot of good things to choose from. As already mentioned...hell yeah "Skyrim vampirism" is one of the top picks for me. In that game, there's no severe daylight penalty like you'd normally associate with vampires. You also gain perfect immunity to disease. (*sometimes there is a message "you've been poisoned", but it never means anything from what I've seen)...then there's the ability to become invisible with improved night vision... on top of that; the immortality that's always part of the deal with vamps.... then there's the transformation to Lord form....resurrection of the dead, enthralled servants, mist form, "supernatural reflexes" (moving so fast that time appears to slow down), summoning, "vampire seduction" etc.

Aside from that, the technical, non-lore stuff:
    -infinite save points--if something bad happens, you can always go back to the previous "save file" in your life and handle things differently. This could also be quite the money-maker, by seeing the winning lottery numbers...then go back in time with the previous save point again, making sure to play those numbers.

-duping-- big money potential here as well...make a cash-withdrawal then dupe the hell out of that shit...or dupe any expensive thing like a diamond, gold, etc......just like that you've won the game of life. You also don't even have to go to stores anymore since you just dupe your favorite food items over and over again forever.

Back on lore/story stuff:
    Just about any of Dante or Bayonetta's powers--these are people that can slow down time itself, teleport, transform into various things, become completely invincible, parry/guard just about anything etc. etc. etc. (*if I recall... Dante can even royal guard the giant laser attack the "Savior" statue shoots at him in DMC4...a goddamn fat ass LASER, man....he can block that. :clap: )

• Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,253
    i still like my idea. walk by a female thinking "how would she look like this" and then do so, the freak outs would be hilarious
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Frame Data Scientist Joined: Posts: 20,294
    Abbachio wrote: »

tumblr_o4ag4pIEW51v9enl8o1_250.gif

...he can't be serious. I know it's Pachter, but...he still can't be serious.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,472
    Abbachio wrote: »
    Michael Pachter is my favourite

200.gif

How can he be this stupid?
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • V1ru5V1ru5 WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Joined: Posts: 191
    God, the gaming industry media and analysts are such a joke. It's embarrassing.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,808
    edited February 18
    What a surprise, pube pimpus acting like the typical mongolid he is.

Cry moar pube pimpus

RLotcp5.png
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)

No it is part of platinum's conspiracy to make you gay ~ Azure
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,484

No it is part of platinum's conspiracy to make you gay ~ Azure

If all it takes to flip the gay switch on somebody is a man in heels, chances are good they weren't very straight in the first place.

Also what was the general consensus on Rainbow Six Siege around here anyway. Yeah it's Ubisoft or whatever I know, but in all honesty I'm starting to need a serious vacation from Overwatch. Something with solid multiplayer to keep me invested for a long time. Single player stuff only keeps me for about a week, and I blow through it on accident.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,132
    Rainbow six siege is the best team based fps of all time don't @ me.

Seriously buy that shit, it's great.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 17,904
    edited February 18
    Danganronpa V3 apparently gets september release date
    http://www.usgamer.net/articles/danganronpa-v3-gets-september-release

26th for NA, 29th for EU

Horizon Zero Dawn - Explore the Wilds Video

Horizon Zero Dawn - Overwhelming Odds Video

Horizon Zero Dawn - Thrill of the Hunt Video

Horizon Zero Dawn - The Hero: Aloy Video

Horizon Zero Dawn - Countdown to Launch at PS Store

Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada - Launch Trailer

Tales of Berseria - Character Trailer Artorius Collbrande

Dragon Balls Fusions - Fusions Gameplay Trailer

Dawn of War III - Prophecy of War

Street Fighter V - Character Introduction Series Kolin

Poochy & Yoshi's Wooly World - Let's Get Adventuring

Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - Bachelor's Trailer

Mutant Football League - Gore Trailer

hmmmm....looks like it needs more polish. Hopefully it gets it.

RPG Maker Fes - Announcement Trailer

Tokyo Tattoo Girls - Announcement Trailer

I am....not...sure what this game is about....

Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle - Announcement Trailer

Culdcept Revolt - Annoucnement Trailer

Bonus:

Mega 64 - The Dark Souls of News Journalism

everything is the Dark Souls of something nowadays eh?
    Post edited by Sonichuman on
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster HUMANZ Joined: Posts: 8,316
    edited February 18
    A new culdacept?! Siiiick

Game is crack. Magic the Gathering + Monopoly. So good
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

• drizzt360drizzt360 In the shadows I hide-ppd Joined: Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Buncha videos and shit

I just watched 'Mario's Nightmare'. silly
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    but so, too, the fuel of faith
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,331
    edited February 18
    Was lookin' at some bullshit and it asked "if you could have one special power/ability from a game what would it be?"
    Ability to save and load,
    Might sound simple/boring but when you think about it you realize just how fucking OP it would make you.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    Why just that one single ability doe. Go full rpg on these hoes and level up specific classes complete with respeccing. You would pretty much be Batman/God.

I'd still take boob/butt sliders doe :coffee:
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,218
    Yea man give me a huge skill tree to dump exp points into.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,624
    Top 3 consoles? I'd have to think about 2 and 3, but #1 GOAT to me is definitely Genesis.

As for what gaming related power I'd choose? Hmm I'd go with the power of DLC. Reaching old age and knocking on death's door? Nah just add some new chapters of life where I'm younger...because DLC, love life not so hot? Add bitches, short on funds? instant cash spawns, bored in general? Create a new unexplored territory on Earth or even a new planet, hell a new solar system, point is anything I feel I'm missing I could add instantly.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,014
    Started playing VA-11 halls super bartending action.
    Been playing for like 3 hours now and I have to say the game feels like it was written by 4Chan.
    Not enjoying it as much as I thought i would but it is relaxing.
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails