Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that.

Comments

• SonicabidSonicabid Mundus VS Devil Trigger Vergil Joined: Posts: 12,185
    edited December 2016
    @OrochiPoopHandler PS3 pad or PS4 pad. :coffee:
  • Shin_JrShin_Jr " they need to stop it " Joined: Posts: 856 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    so any word on the street that Xbox,Psn or Wii services going down
    you think I'm typing just to type it

here's 50 cents run down to the store and grab a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk - GM
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,270
    Shin_Jr wrote: »
    so any word on the street that Xbox,Psn or Wii services going down

Nothing yet. Nintendo stopped production on the Wii U so it's service is the most likely to go down.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,310
    Trailer for Resident Evil: Vendetta CG movie

looks good but I've seen the whole movie with that trailer :rofl:
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,422
    edited December 2016
    My bro came over last night in a mood to play thru Final Fight, so we plowed through 1 and 2 leaving 3 for another night.

I wound up downloading two of the Rastan games that I'd never played before today too. Warrior Blade (Rastan Saga III) is and has been one of my favorite beat em ups of all time and I love the production values of that game. Kinda reminds me of Haunted Castle and Sword of Sodan, especially in the graphics department and for some reason, games with that style make me go a big rubbery one. Rastan 1 is also really good. 2 is OK, but has some great bosses.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,266

You know, I could withstand one more actionized RE game if only for Chris and Leon to be the sole playable characters.
    That way both dudes can be there to knock the slop out of each other when one or the other starts doing something gut-bustingly stupid.

But that requires good writing, though.

And nice seeing Rebecca again, despite taking the goddamn damsel role.
    But then again, could just be trailer pulling a fast one and she ends up turning tables on everything at the end.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,893
    Abbachio wrote: »
    Can someone recommend me a pad for PC? I was thinking maybe steam pad or one of evil controller's custom ps4/xbone pads

http://www.evilcontrollers.com/

What's wrong with a wired 360 pad? They're cheap, pretty reliable and comfy

Microsoft ceased production on wired 360 controllers like 4 years before the Xbone came out, so you'll either spend extra on something that is hard to get in decent condition, or gamble your money on a 3rd party imitation.

You can always try and get a hold of a wireless+play and charge kit though.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,634
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    My bro came over last night in a mood to play thru Final Fight, so we plowed through 1 and 2 leaving 3 for another night.

I wound up downloading two of the Rastan games that I'd never played before today too. Warrior Blade (Rastan Saga III) is and has been one of my favorite beat em ups of all time and I love the production values of that game. Kinda reminds me of Haunted Castle and Sword of Sodan, especially in the graphics department and for some reason, games with that style make me go a big rubbery one. Rastan 1 is also really good. 2 is OK, but has some great bosses.

If you like Rastan you need to buy Volgarr, the Viking it's a love letter to the series and one of the best 2D games I've ever played :tup:
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,876
    Maybe one day Leon and Chris will actually get along in the same room.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,637
    Holy shit, the Abyss Watchers boss fight in DS3 is so intense
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,893
    d3v wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/bLO8366.gif
    Nier Automata is certainly a platinum game.

Also the protagonist swats away the camera if you try to get an idle upskirt shot. 10/10

I've been trying to get her to do this, but no dice.

I spent like 5 minutes trying to get her to do that. The camera angle is really specific
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,778 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's not specific, you just need to leave the camera low, then wait for a while. She does it every time if you wait
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,266
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    It's not specific, you just need to leave the camera low, then wait for a while. She does it every time if you wait

Makes sense, as if you're trying to look around at something and just happen to be on her panties, it won't screw you up immediately every time you have the camera just swing low like that near her.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,454
    I bought ep 1 of the Hitman game. Been playing this shit for like 5 hrs non-stop its pretty fun. The side objective/challenges really make the replayability factor shine. I'm gonna see if this can last me a week, if not I'll buy the rest of the game before the sale is over.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,778 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That's actaully demonstrated in the other video too, but yeah

Overall I was hoping the system would be a little deeper than it is, but considering how much they kept saying they understand it's an Action RPG, and not a straight action game and that they didn't want to alienate fans of the more RPG side of it, I understand overall even if it's not my general preference. I just wish they had at least one or two more magic abilities for the pods so we could get a feel for that side of it. I'm sure I'll still love playing it in any case, just wasn't quite what I expected, but I'm definitely hype now that I've gotten my hands on it, even if only for a bit.

Also holy fuck thighs. :tup:
    edited December 2016
    @crotchpuncha
    @LordWilliam1234
    @The Martian

You guys got a copy of Downwell I hope. I have a few more copies to gift to anyone who has a steam account just let me know.

Downwell is a vertical scroller with only 1 button that you use to jump and shoot with, but you need to land on solid ground to reload, most enemies can be jumped on or shot, but some can only be killed one way. You can find different weapons lying around as well as shops to buy health and ammo increases with the gems you get from kills, the bigger the kill combo without touching the ground the more gems you get, and if you get enough kills you enter a gem high state which is indicated by your character glowing red and all kills you get during gem high net you more gems and you need to keep killing to keep the gem high going. Levels are randomized as and you get to pick 1 of 3 upgrades at the end of each level which are also randomized that range from a drone that shoots whenever you do to making enemies explode on death to automatically absorbing near by gems to whatever else. It's a really simple game with simple controls, but the mechanics are so intelligently designed and compliment each other so well it makes for a super addictive experience and delviers that "just 1 more run" feeling I look for in games like this, hope you guys get as addicted as I have :tup:

My biggest combo was 11 and even that takes the stars to align lol, how does someone get 20?

xGjNWB.gif
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,060
    I'll take downwell
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    Just post your steam tag and add me zoolanderbeast
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,780
    I haven't played much of Downwell but it's a fun time waster, I need to play it some more but I've been distracted by other shit recently.
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

Currently Playing: Vampire: TMB, Lost Odyssey, Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,637
    So did Mirror's Edge Catalyst flop really hard or something? PSN has it down to $40 retail but it's on sale for $12 right now lol

Blame EA. There was basically zero promotion for the game, as if nobody gave a shit about it. Then boom, it suddenly comes out.
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Maybe one day Leon and Chris will actually get along in the same room.

Chris is just annoyed because he can smell Leons female hormones
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
    I got a copy too Zoo thanks

Ray Kurzweil
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,145

hah and people thought this was going to be more of a horror movie.

I love that even with RE7 hitting the breaks Capcom still has Leon and Chris as action stars. i get its been strange from a game perspective, but the general idea that they've just dealt with so much of this shit that they've just gotten REALLY good at fighting them.

Ray Kurzweil
    its weird that im getting excited for Stormblood stuff when not only have i yet to get to Heavensward, ive never done any real end game hard stuff, and im still on my Ninja job, ive yet to really touch on any crafting abilities despite doing nothing but sewing for the first week because i found it addicting and relaxing as fuck.

speaking of relaxing as fuck i really want more pointless swimming in my games.
    3MC43XV.png

• EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,004
    FF with a new mermaid race? New waifu hype! Kreygasm
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
    Eskills wrote: »

i think they're Naga actually. it says they live in the mountains.
    Chiro wrote: »

Same thing in my book!
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,745
    Did you guys hear about Nintendo giving a flight full of passengers each a free New Nintendo 3DS and a download copy of Super Mario Maker?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Chiro wrote: »

Same thing in my book!

One is snakes, the other is fish.

I mean... lol

Snake waifu = winning
    Fish waifu = winning

:coffee:
    DoctaMario wrote: »

If you like Rastan you need to buy Volgarr, the Viking it's a love letter to the series and one of the best 2D games I've ever played :tup:

Thanks man, I'll definitely check that out! :)
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5

Makes sense, as if you're trying to look around at something and just happen to be on her panties, it won't screw you up immediately every time you have the camera just swing low like that near her.

Someone wanna gif this or link it? :lol:
This discussion has been closed.