Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that.

Comments

• orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,628
    I remember Sonicabid and exposedd raving about how GDLK Shadows of the Damned was, I was curious about it just because of the names involved although I remember both Mikami and Suda saying they were unhappy with how it turned out.

I never understood why Grasshopper Manufacture don't get the respect they deserve as one of the most consistent and creative developers around they deserve as much praise as the Platinums and BioWares of the industry.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • VynceVynce Hater. Joined: Posts: 14,655
    Oh yeah. New Red Dead, please. As part of the problem, I'd welcome a Redemption remaster while I waited
    "My name is Pertho and I like whoopi goldbergs tits."-Pertho
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,835
    Vynce wrote: »
    Oh yeah. New Red Dead, please. As part of the problem, I'd welcome a Redemption remaster while I waited

This. But I'd want a Revolver remaster.
    I'm a grown fucking man, if I wanna smoke a crack pipe on a friend's birthday, I wanna smoke a crack pipe.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
  • VynceVynce Hater. Joined: Posts: 14,655
    Never played Revolver.

Redemption is one of the greatest games of all times, IMO. If they remaster, I hope they put in a cheat that would spawn an atv
    "My name is Pertho and I like whoopi goldbergs tits."-Pertho
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,835
    It would be nice if we get a big Super Mario Maker DLC announcement of some kind. New level themes like desert and beach, water tiles, slopes, more powerups, more vertical space, etc. Shit we've been asking for for a while now.
    I'm a grown fucking man, if I wanna smoke a crack pipe on a friend's birthday, I wanna smoke a crack pipe.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,896
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,046
    Lets just get some dream situations going on. You never know:

-Power Stone Wars HD Collection (to test the waters????!!!!)
    -Left 4 Dead 3
  • kAbkAb Joined: Posts: 740
    Suikoden 6 and soul calibur 6 would be my E3 of dreams. Please give me a huber moment
    Soul Calibur 6. Minus super moves.

And lets act like the story isnt 20 years later, because the new blood sucks. Pull a SFV and do a space inbetween the gold and the crap.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,699
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Im gonna lol hard if the 'exciting' tomb raider news is the better port of RotTR for ps4.

Pretty sure that's exactly what it's going to be. Watch them announce a new DLC and bundle it with the PS4 version + all existing DLC, release date = Christmas 2016, gotta target dat Max CPM
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    since i know a Bloody Roar reboot won't happen due to Konami just high tailing it out of the games industry SC6 and VF6 are the next best hopes. a release date for Blazblue with a showing of Jubie would be pretty sick but that's probably not where that's going to happen.

Outside of fighters there really isn't much im hoping for that isn't already coming out or is just impossible at this point

some new spectacle racers would be great. i want to see Burnout return to its roots where i can go as fast as i want and i don't have to worry about missing my fucking turn, god Paradise was shit.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Too Many Waifus Joined: Posts: 20,874
    edited May 2016
    Burnout Paradise was amazing. Still my favorite in the series.

You never had to worry about missing a turn if you knew the lay of the land. Had a ton of fun exploring the city finding everything, and the online was great.

Wish we got a true sequel instead of the recent Most Wanted being its spiritual successor but with cops. Terrible cops, I might add...was pathetic just how easy it was to escape from them.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Laura
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
    just more lazy open world garbage. race tracks should be designed and take place in interesting and great looking areas not on a fucking grid map in a boring city you can see anywhere. .
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,538
    @Chiro
    Kill yourself
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Hecatom wrote: »
    @Chiro
    Kill yourself

more incredibly well thought out rebuttals i see.
    Reason4U wrote: »
    My god the newer SC characters were ass. They replaced my nigga Kilik with a fucking Luffy clone.

The salt I had was so real.

And then made Kilik a mimic character.

If people actually had purchased SC5 they would rage much harder than the SFV rush job. At least SFV is tournament ready. Not only did it need day one patches, Viola still ended up broken and the game was still terrible.

And there were 3 mimic characters and 2 "evil" versions of characters who all had slots on the character select screen. lol.

And the "evil" versions were the same characters who had the movesets of characters they just cut out of SFV completely.

Whoever gave SFV the green light needed to get a write up.
  • SolidSeanSolidSean Joined: Posts: 5
    Chiro wrote: »
    since i know a Bloody Roar reboot won't happen due to Konami just high tailing it out of the games industry SC6 and VF6 are the next best hopes. a release date for Blazblue with a showing of Jubie would be pretty sick but that's probably not where that's going to happen.

Outside of fighters there really isn't much im hoping for that isn't already coming out or is just impossible at this point

some new spectacle racers would be great. i want to see Burnout return to its roots where i can go as fast as i want and i don't have to worry about missing my fucking turn, god Paradise was shit.

God, I want a new Bloody Roar. SC6 is my most realistic hope though. A couple friends and myself have just recently started taking fighting games seriously, but they were never into SC. So I can't wait to show them a SC game, assuming SC6 ends up being good.
  • Soul7Soul7 Joined: Posts: 485
    Well they did create a popularity poll for "The Future Of SOULCALIBUR". aka Soul Calibur 6 almost 1 year ago. And all the new characters from SCV were dead last lol. The fan favorites such as Talim, Taki, Mitsu, killik, Ivy, Seigfried, Zasa, etc... all were at the top. This gives me hope that they've learned from their mistakes.
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/jun/12/talim-wins-highest-voted-character-latest-soul-calibur-popularity-poll-check-out-how-others-placed/
    Want Arika (a.k.a SF EX) characters in SF5?
    Like this page: https://www.facebook.com/ArikaCharactersForStreetFighterV
    Or Sign this Petition: https://www.change.org/p/yoshinori-ono-team-street-fighter-v-petition-arika-characters-for-street-fighter-v
    Petition for Capcom to buy the Arika characters' license in order to hopefully include some as DLC in SFV.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,841
    New characters are fine...they just have to not suck, though I don't think there's a FG in history that debuts with 4+ new characters and doesn't have at least one hated for all time.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Soul7Soul7 Joined: Posts: 485
    Saitsu wrote: »
    New characters are fine...they just have to not suck, though I don't think there's a FG in history that debuts with 4+ new characters and doesn't have at least one hated for all time.
    4 characters were replaced. 2 were turned into mimics, And 7 were just completely removed. This stupidity has no excuse.

Want Arika (a.k.a SF EX) characters in SF5?
    Like this page: https://www.facebook.com/ArikaCharactersForStreetFighterV
    Or Sign this Petition: https://www.change.org/p/yoshinori-ono-team-street-fighter-v-petition-arika-characters-for-street-fighter-v
    Petition for Capcom to buy the Arika characters' license in order to hopefully include some as DLC in SFV.
    Soul7 wrote: »
    4 characters were replaced. 2 were turned into mimics, And 7 were just completely removed. This stupidity has no excuse.

I'm not making an excuse. I just said the new characters have to not suck. They didn't succeed. Other than the heresy of turning Kilik into a mimic, every single one of the character decisions could've been forgiven if the new characters were worth it. They weren't, so it just heightened the amount of bad decisions SCV was about.
    Has nothing to do with whether the new characters were really good or not in SC5s case because they replaced fan favorites and didn't really offer anything new. at that point it's not "how good was this character?", more "how much did this character piss everyone off?"

I personally hope they bring back Zwei and finish his moveset this time because he had a really cool concept but felt very incomplete.

Though it's interesting to not this has turned into Third Strike scenario in more ways than one not only with the characters, but also in the story as they probably can't move forward in the time line anymore after the mess they made.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,699
    Burnout Paradise was amazing. Still my favorite in the series.

You never had to worry about missing a turn if you knew the lay of the land. Had a ton of fun exploring the city finding everything, and the online was great.

Wish we got a true sequel instead of the recent Most Wanted being its spiritual successor but with cops. Terrible cops, I might add...was pathetic just how easy it was to escape from them.

Paradise is definitely one of my favourite entries in the series. I just wish EA didn't fuck Criterion up because now we probably won't ever see a proper sequel. The foundation was great!

The online was fun, the array of cars is fantastic, they added bikes, the map is huge, the selection of modes in the online lobbies never makes you bored, the emphasis on the cooperation in certain modes is very encouraging to always search for new people to play with. Heck, this is actually one of those games where I bought EVERY PIECE OF DLC EVER, that's how much I enjoyed. Even the silly stuff like Toy versions of vehicles I bought as well, because why the fuck not?

What I think the game needed was a couple more modes for the freerun, because I found the Crash mode to be quite damn lackluster compared to the chaos you could cause in Burnout Revenge. It also was one of the first games I bought for PS3 so I spent quite a lot of time in it, too
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited May 2016
    Has nothing to do with whether the new characters were really good or not in SC5s case because they replaced fan favorites and didn't really offer anything new. at that point it's not "how good was this character?", more "how much did this character piss everyone off?"

I personally hope they bring back Zwei and finish his moveset this time because he had a really cool concept but felt very incomplete.

Though it's interesting to not this has turned into Third Strike scenario in more ways than one not only with the characters, but also in the story as they probably can't move forward in the time line anymore after the mess they made.

Again, replacing fan favorites can be forgiven if the new characters don't suck. SC's character roster isn't so untouchable as to never allow character replacement ever.

Again, replacing fan favorites can be forgiven if the new characters don't suck. SC's character roster isn't so untouchable as to never allow character replacement ever.

not really no and certainly not in mass amounts. ive seen numerous people refuse to buy a fighting game just because X character wasn't in there and that's counting new playstyles being added as well. everyone is fine until its their character on the chopping block after all.
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,628
    E3 dream list:

-New 2D Contra
    -Dead Space 4
    -System Shock 3
    -Kid Icarus: Uprising 2
    -New 2D Metroid
    -New Crash Bandicoot
    -Alan Wake 2
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"

not really no and certainly not in mass amounts. ive seen numerous people refuse to buy a fighting game just because X character wasn't in there and that's counting new playstyles being added as well. everyone is fine until its their character on the chopping block after all.

Then they shouldn't be playing FGs because EVERY franchise eventually replaces their characters. Unless they only want to play Ryu/Ken/Scorpion/Sub-Zero/Sigfried/Nightmare/Sol Badguy and so on.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,077
    Actually Uprising 2 on NX would be tits.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    Bious wrote: »
    Actually Uprising 2 on NX would be tits.

anything on the WiiU would be tits at the moment and not the good kind. It's got some good shit on there at the moment, but im not buying one with the NX around the corner.

• ShogunZShogunZ You Jelly? Joined: Posts: 1,820
    Can I please get a proper Dead Rising sequel on next gen? Dead Rising is the ONE SERIES that I don't want dark doom and gloom style from.
    PS4 Now Playing: Persona 5, Injustice 2, Horizon: Zero Dawn
    ShogunZ wrote: »
    Can I please get a proper Dead Rising sequel on next gen? Dead Rising is the ONE SERIES that I don't want dark doom and gloom style from.

Dead Rising 3 wasn't any less goofy than the others.
    The problem wasnt that they introduced so many new characters in SC5, it was that the characters they replaced them with looked like pallet swaps or bad create-a-soul versions.

Like when you go over your friends house and they have "Sugar Crisps" instead of "Frosted Flakes"

Namco used to have this problem with introducing new blood because their characters has such strong followings. But with the decrease in innovation across the board you have what we have seen in the past few SCs and Tekkens, especially T7.

For the next SC to succeed theyre going to have to do right by the community.

• rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,390
    E3 of my dreams

Devilkick
    DMC5
    FFVI remake
    Garou 2
    Super metroid remake
    A new Japanese console announcement(Sega,NEC,Panasonic whatever give me something)
    Microsoft abandons the video game business entirely.
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,622
    I didn't warm up to SC5 because my character was replaced and I didn't like the replacement or any of the other options. Didn't care for the new characters, etc. Plus the addition of supers kind of turned me off (still not too happy that T7 is going to have them now). I think how long a character has been a part of the series is a big factor too because that's more time to develop an attachment from its fans. It'll be less well received to remove someone who has been a fan favorite for close to or over a decade than someone who has only appeared in one game.
    I think that's why Jun being killed and replaced in Tekken didn't affect me as much because the character wasn't that established and I actually like the changes applied to the replacement. Plus I just like more characters in Tekken in general, so there's that.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,414
    I liked SCV. It still had misturugi and astaroth, my 2 best characters throughout the SC series. Astaroth in SCV was one of the most fun characters in a fighting game for me
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,077
    They cut out Zasalamel.
    That was all the reason I needed.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    SCV didn't have Yunsung. They didn't even have his fighting style.

Only character it had that I liked was Z.W.E.I but he was awful, and the patches made him worse.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

• GespenstRitterGespenstRitter The Gambling Wolf Joined: Posts: 3,107
    What is it with 3D fighter fans and their hatred of meters?
    Prove your justice to society.

It's not the meter that's the problem, it's the cinematic supers. I'm not a fan of having them in SCV either, but I liked the EX moves. Though I didn't like that parries also required meter...
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

• EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 3,851
    Bious wrote: »
    They cut out Zasalamel.
    That was all the reason I needed.
    So much truth.
    I could look past the ex moves and supers, but damn.
    Gotta cut my scythe wielding nigga out?

Garbage ass game.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 3,851

Supers in T7 look like complete ass. Look worse than they did in SC5. :rofl:

I don't even understand why they put them in T7 when the little custom combo rage thing seems like enough.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,681
    for honor.
    and a release date just a few months from now.

tired of waiting.
    Play more.
    Eskills wrote: »

Supers in T7 look like complete ass. Look worse than they did in SC5. :rofl:

I don't even understand why they put them in T7 when the little custom combo rage thing seems like enough.

they're also more Hail Marys than anything intelligently designed. in DOA5s case you could at least fake them out, use as a guard break, super launch them, trigger an intractable, or knock them into a ceiling, in most cases though you have to earn that moment because that start up is SLOW.
    Tebbo wrote: »
    for honor.
    and a release date just a few months from now.

tired of waiting.

im actually curious about how other fighting game players view this game. aren't you worried this might be a bit shallow? i guess i can see the appeal of 1v1 but if you get attacked from behind while dueling that's it and the game can be broken just by two team mates communicating "go left ill go right" you literally can't defend against a coordinated attack. even if its your side helping you that still ruins the duel imo.
  • ShogunZShogunZ You Jelly? Joined: Posts: 1,820
    Technically, Killik being a mimic character makes story sense because he is a student of Edge Master. But with so little depth in the SC5 roster, why not distinguish Killik's style from the new staff user and just add in Edge Master?
    PS4 Now Playing: Persona 5, Injustice 2, Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,006
    Meh... someone let me know when/if Sega announce Streets of Rage 4.
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,351 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 2016
    sheeeeeit, so much stuff comes to mind as an ideal "Dream E3" for me....but of course it's mostly stuff that has little to no chance of happening... let's see:

-A new Viewtiful Joe
    -Kingdoms of Amalur II
    -a new Soul Sacrifice
    -Bayonetta 3, multiplatform release on the latest systems.
    -The Elder Scrolls VI--but with the superior combat of things like Dragon's Dogma or Amalur (*you know the reality is that it will play just like Skyrim and the other previous TES games, most likely)
    -PS Vita 2, which has HDMI output and is fully backwards compatible with Vita and PS3 games of course.
    -Other dedicated portable systems besides Sony and Nintendo.
    -new Legacy of Kain
    -Vampire: The Masquerade, multiplatform console release...with awesome real-time combat of course.
    -The Marvel equivalent of DC Universe Online--you create your own superhero or villain, and side with various established heroes/villains in that universe.

If even half of these things happened for real, I'd end up in a hospital emergency room because my heart would not be able to take that level of hype.

Years ago, I would've put "New Phantasy Star [edit--released in North America]" on a list like this....but my hope for that franchise was murdered a long time ago by That Company.
    Post edited by Million on
This discussion has been closed.