Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that.

Comments

• rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,415
    If you wanna know how gaf is, I'll save you the trouble

You just gotta read some o zoo's posts,thank me later
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Davidstar wrote: »
    neogaf is way better about game news.
    you guys suck.

Uh, compared to what? gamefaqs? Here? Like, do you mean other non-news sites? Cause I don't feel like that means much
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,662
    On look at the first page of GAF is the equivalent of going to seven different sites for info. It's shitty not giving the sites their clicks, which you can still do, but it's just that much more convenient.

Plus developers and other industry types post on their. Finding out there was no way MS
    WiiU version of Breathe of the Wild launches same day as Switch version lol
    Pay $60 for Zelda, or pay $360+ for Zelda.

I don't see how they made this mistake, didn't they delay the GameCube version of Twilight Princess to push the Wii?

I'm getting it for Wii U, but if I was a Nintendo stan, I would make the switch. The game pad was nerfed in utility, and the joy con is my favorite thing right now, even if I haven't played with them yet.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,909 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 15
    If you can carry around a 3DS XL you can carry around a Switch.

Especially since the Joy-cons are detachable.
    I'd worry about the screen.

There are going to be cases for the screen. One was offered to me when I preordered. I'll probably get one on launch.

By the way, the screen is multitouch. Some people thought it wasn't since it wasn't mentioned by Nintendo in that October vid or in the presser, but the website says it's a touchscreen.

EDIT: :Who's going to be checking out the Switch in New York tomorrow?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,260
    edited January 15
    WTF Revelator hasn't been out on the console for that long and they are already doing another paid update?

I am glad bacon is back though. Hmmm tasty bacon. Not digging her new haircut, but I am glad she's back.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Xvideos wrote: »
    WTF Revelator hasn't been out on the console for that long and they are already doing another paid update?

The update is for everything. PC, console, and arcade, which came out August 2015 so it's actually been a while.

I mean luckily it's going to be "low priced" I guess, whatever that means.
  • The MartianThe Martian We Out Here. Joined: Posts: 12,263
    edited January 15
    Not to mention Revelator was out in Japan wayyyyyyyy before it released in the West. It's been out for awhile now.
    Post edited by The Martian on
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
    PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,159
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    Chiro wrote: »
    Hecatom wrote: »
    EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, there are PS4 themes about Noegaf on the PS Store

i can see why gamefaqs hates neogaf i don't know why everyone else does.

Have you browsed it ever? It's as bad as gamefaqs but on the opposite side of the spectrum lol

i lurk there quite frequently. i also visit gamefaqs quite often.

no its where near as bad as that cesspool. the complete lack of moderation and rating system makes it a safe haven for trolls and assholes who will spam literally the same topic day after day. their irrational levels of hatred for SJWs translates into "if its progressive i hate it" and has lead to them swinging so far in the other direction it often times borders on hate speech several times just passing it.

meanwhile the worst ive seen on Neogaf was that retarded transgender post when Pokemon Sun&Moon came out that even the TC admitted was terribly worded in the first place.

po pimpus wrote: »
    No. Fuck NeoGaf. They defended DmC.

yes im sure the whole collective members got together and agreed that DmC was good.

that's like watching one of your rants and saying everyone on this site is an irritating Platinum fanboy.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,813
    edited January 15
    Read the majority of posts in their shitty DmC threads. Anywhere that has a more than 1% approval of that trash is worthless...

NeoGaf had at least a 70% approval rate...

Waste of human potential.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,392
    If you wanna know how gaf is, I'll save you the trouble

You just gotta read some o zoo's posts,thank me later
    Pretty much
    po pimpus wrote:
    That's sad as fuck.
  • Black ChanlerBlack Chanler Human Error Joined: Posts: 915

yes im sure the whole collective members got together and agreed that DmC was good.

that's like watching one of your rants and saying everyone on this site is an irritating Platinum fanboy.

Aren't we though?
    PSN: Leonardsbigdome
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,897
    Dimfish wrote: »

wrap it in a napkin
    its what i did with my old GBA out of fear of it breaking

Napkins won't stop the screen from bending in your pocket, or in a back full of other shit
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • DimfishDimfish Joined: Posts: 360
    Dimfish wrote: »

wrap it in a napkin
    its what i did with my old GBA out of fear of it breaking

Napkins won't stop the screen from bending in your pocket, or in a back full of other shit

stop breaking my illusions bro
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,415
    I don't come here for video gaming news, I come here for discussion

as of late this thread has been my gaming news source but I usually get my news from other places.

gaf can burn in hell for all I care, remember gamergate?! lol funny gifs though
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,650
    Rime gameplay

remember Rime?
  • DimfishDimfish Joined: Posts: 360
    remember gamergate?! lol funny gifs though

I believe Jeff Gerstmann said it best: "I'm joined by the last game journalists left on the planet, youtube.. you did it!"

really though this industry's a fucking train-wreck in both hyper fast and hyper slow motion. What a time to be alive.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,363
    Gaf is only useful for one thing and it is making gifs, outside that is utter garbage. I would even say that gfaqs is better, but not by much.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064
    King9999 wrote: »
    Eskills wrote: »
    Not enough launch titles is a thing, but you better not be bitching and bought a PS3, 360, xbox1, or ps4 when they dropped.

Launch title Zelda shits all over what they had at release too.

PS2 was the worst. That system had nothing at launch. It literally sold because it had a DVD player. I remember the number 1 selling title in Japan was The Matrix on DVD. After that it was bunch of PS1 titles like DQ7. The worst part about it was the Dreamcast had a shit ton of games. Yet everyone bought a PS2 to essentially watch paint dry.

The important thing to note about the PS2 is that it ended up being one of the best-selling consoles of all time. The takeaway from this is that having a weak launch doesn't mean it's the end. PS2 wasn't the only console with a weak launch but did better later.

I bought a PS2 for CVS2 and watching movie DVD capability back in 2001 I think
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,665
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Gaf is only useful for one thing and it is making gifs, outside that is utter garbage. I would even say that gfaqs is better, but not by much.

It's useful as an aggregator for gaming rumors. Twitter is bad for that (you get a mix of information flow from various people/account you follow), YouTube has a lot of bullshit and speculation, major news outlets either don't report on some, or report on specific rumors, or are too late, and Reddit isn't exactly fit for discussions because of how spread the rumors are across different subreddits (for different games etc)
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power Up Joined: Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm gonna cop Breath of the Wild on the Wii U. I still play mine regularly and since I probably won't be able to pre-order a Switch, I'll at least get to play the new Zelda regardless.

• ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,398
    FUCK NEOGAF

And

FUCK YOU

:flushed:
    affinity wrote: »
    I mean, you can't even play as a cat in that game. wtf. it's 2017.
    chadouken! wrote: »
    It's called Sonic the Fucking Hedgehog, not Sonic the Cat, you dumb bitch.
    edited January 15

Aren't we though?

No I'm an irritating Team Ninja fanboy waiting for them to steal Platinum's jobs
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 15
    Man why the hate? If anything they should do a collaboration and add 2b to dead or alive extreme 3 lol.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
    edited January 15
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Man why the hate? If anything they should do a collaboration and add 2b to dead or alive extreme 3 lol.

It's not hate I'm just kind of sick of all the disrespect Team Ninja gets while Platinum gets all the respect in the world for reusing the same formula again and again and barely keeping afloat.

They levi their hatred against Hayashi and praise itagaki when it's become increasingly clear that the talent of those developers comes from people we never hear about and when given good direction like with Nioh, DOA5, Dissidia can do some great things

But no you get "they're making me pay for DLC costumes made after the fact fuck those guys"
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 721
    edited January 15
    To insult both of you, I want to say that I have never truly enjoyed Team Ninjas or Platinum's games. I simply don't give a fuck about modern Japanese culture or their weird ass fetishes.

I liked Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, and Ninja Gaiden on the NES, however.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,151
    Look at those sweet beautiful jiggle physics
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - South Park: The Fractured but Whole (PS4)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017)
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

This discussion has been closed.