Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that.

Comments

• Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Stu-Booty Joined: Posts: 7,956
    Every xb1 game I want is a 360 game.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 17,593
    The only notable game that we know of retail exclusive wise that's probably coming out this year for Xbone is Sea of Thieves. I can't think of anything else at the moment. Actually I just did...maybe Crackdown 3?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,750
    RIP XB1

just got back from getting mea. got lists of the preorders, ps4 is 2 pages and xb1 1 page.

Im just wondering why and how is that possible? I dont want to play anything thats not a fighter on ps4. gaaaaay

Microsoft got cocky and felt they can do no wrong and the whole DRM thing burned more bridges that Microsoft could afford to lose.
    XB1's DRM where you always have to be online and individual game discs have a unique code that only works for the console it was registered for.
    Also the day after the announcement, Sony had their own announcement saying you are free to share your game discs and they are not making always on a requirement for gaming.
    Although individual publishers could still bring in their own Always online DRM package.

This was all before E2 of 2013. And Microsoft has yet to gain that ground back. Most people I spoke who work game retail told me PS4 tends to sell well, while Xbone stays in the backroom for months at a time.
    Unless the Console as Limited edition version or bundled with a hot game, skus for consoles don't sell for MS.
    Never pay double the retail price
  • KromoKromo Render unto Miku Joined: Posts: 6,234 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Darksakul wrote: »
    You know who needs to be in Injustice 2 just because he kicks ass,
    Alfred J. Pennyworth

There was a time when Alfred would be a secret character. Maybe you'd unlock him after beating the game with every other bat family character.
    But secret characters aren't a thing anymore. Now we live in a world where the best you can do is hope that you won't have to buy each season pass consecutively before you are allowed the privilege of playing a character. The terrorists won.
    Mad props to Zombie Lolerskates for the Av
    Voted poster of the year 4 years in a row! 2012 - 2015!
    All proceeds will go the Hydro Acoustic Reverberance Mechanism (H.A.R.M Project)
    Glory unto the Machine Goddess!
  • ChiroChiro Joined: Posts: 1,372
    edited March 21
    RIP XB1

just got back from getting mea. got lists of the preorders, ps4 is 2 pages and xb1 1 page.

Im just wondering why and how is that possible? I dont want to play anything thats not a fighter on ps4. gaaaaay

just compare current Rare to current Naughty Dog and that should give you your answer.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 22,033
    Tell the full story... Alfred was hopped up on some drug that puts you on par with Supes, and Superman himself was somewhat weakened from boxing with the entire Green Lantern Corps, including Mogo, the Guardians, and a few other heavyweights.

But it was still a badass Alfred moment.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    more news on the rumored Switch pokemon game

• drizzt360drizzt360 In the shadows I hide-ppd Joined: Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hey, @orochizoolander, can you put a list of like indie games that are pretty dope but are 8-bit and 16-bit type shit. Like a list of 10 games or so that I should check out.
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    but so, too, the fuel of faith
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 6,380
    Chiro wrote: »

Mmm, Miss Mica Burton

giphy.gif
    edited March 21

Mmm, Miss Mica Burton

giphy.gif

Well glad to see someone likes her...I think? Cant tell it's a weird gif.
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 707
    So, who wants to play "how much did Rei spend today?"

Here's the haul:
    rEmHGNW.jpg
    I5qmNlX.jpg
    LzVDZdA.jpg

Not pictured: NES Mario Bros/Duck Hunt and Yoshi for the original Game Boy.
    edited March 21

Mmm, Miss Mica Burton

giphy.gif

Well glad to see someone likes her...I think? Cant tell it's a weird gif.

9714f97fd3bb292b90462948306e2792.gif

Better?
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,757 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 21
    Bious wrote: »
    @King9999

G7L2iQt.png

OH MY GAWWWWWWWWWD

I WAS JUST COMING HERE TO POST THIS! NOW I'M JUST COMING! HYYYPPPPPEEE
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    The one and only thing I miss about my XB1 is Sunset Overdrive. That is a legitimately fun game, such a shame it's stuck on such a bum system.
    edited March 21
    nvm
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 19,673
    edited March 21
    Yea Xbone ain't got shit and I don't really see a PS3 level recovery for it either.
    Post edited by crotchpuncha on
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 1,646
    Seiken Densetsu Collection - PV

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/seiken_collection/index.html
    http://gematsu.com/2017/03/seiken-densetsu-collection-announced-switch
    http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/21/seiken-densetsu-collection-featuring-three-games-announced-switch/
    Square Enix has announced Seiken Densetsu Collection, a collection of the first three Seiken Densetsu titles for Switch.
    It will launch physically and digitally in Japan on June 1 for 4,800 yen.

The collection includes:
    • Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden (Final Fantasy Adventure / Mystic Quest) – Originally launched for Game Boy on June 28, 1991
    • Seiken Densetsu 2 (Secret of Mana) – Originally launched for Super Famicom on August 6, 1993
    • Seiken Densetsu 3 – Originally launched for Super Famicom on September 30, 1995

Both Seiken Densetsu 2 and Seiken Densetsu 3 support multiplayer with up to three players.
  • owattjacobowattjacob Joined: Posts: 3,243
    edited March 21
    http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/21/radiant-historia-perfect-chronology-announced-nintendo-3ds/#YkKlriKH2ctmygPa.99

Atlus teased a new Radiant Historia game earlier tonight, and this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine reveals it as Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology, a full remake of the original game with new scenario on 3DS.

No further information was revealed other than Perfect Chronology being a full remake of the Nintendo DS RPG on 3DS. Additional details including a game overview and new elements for the remake will be revealed in the magazine.

Would have been dope if it was a sequel but this is fine.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,241
    S00perCam wrote: »
    Scalebound got cancelled because it was going to wet a niche whistle. I was not at all surprised to hear it got canned.
    Can I get a fact check on which console has been the top seller since oh October I want to say?
    Yes all that Xbox is dead shit is 2013 as hell get with the times.
    All that exclusives matter shit is 2013 as hell.
    More people play multiplatform games that's why they are multi platform. If a publisher had confidence it could make big money worth a big investment they would make the investment.
    Sony is holding the market back with it's exclusive deals. Look at Tomb Raider Vs Bloodborne , I bet you From Soft is pissed they didn't get a deal like square, partial funding for timed exclusivity. Now Bloodborne a game we know probably would have flourished on Xbox given how big the souls playerbase already is on Xbox, has to sit on PlayStation. PlayStation owns rights to the Bloodborne universe and shit so it just sits and makes half to a third of the money for the entire existence of the IP.

Even still it's all for naught except to fuck From over because what Sony doesn't get is the community aspect of Xbox live. Go into any random Xbox party, 3 people are playing the same game 3 are on Netflix/ YouTube one guy is playing a 360 or PC game and the Last one is your sorry ass, you get your balls busted, everyone laughs you have new friends.
    PlayStation party you have 4pairs of people in 4 games, all telling each other how much better the game theyre playing is than yours. 1 guy sits and never says anything. You get told to buy some random exclusive game That doesn't have multiplayer so you can sit in the party and be interrogated about it. When it comes out, if you don't completely suck it off in your description, it's a bad game and everyone shits on you for playing it without ever playing it. Do not mention Xbox you will die in a flame war.

Compare these 2 communities and tell me why you think people buy Xbox "because my friends are on it"

Xbox has been top seller since October because your average consumer doesn't need a 2nd PS4. PS4 was blowing it out of the water for at least a good year before then.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,376 mod
    PS3 recovered because Sony realized the value of having a strong exclusive lineup, and then pushed its first party studios into creating that lineup. It's these lessons (alongside making their hardware easier to work with) that they carried into this generation - keeping their strong first party line up, while securing a number of 2nd and 3rd party exclusives along the way.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 8,716
    Bious wrote: »
    @King9999

G7L2iQt.png

OH MY GAWWWWWWWWWD

Switch remake?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    speaking of Atlus

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/21/atlus-host-special-program-new-game-announcements-march-26/

Hopefully we'll finally get some news on their 13 sentinels game. We also still need to see what the two SMT projects are and if the console one is Switch only.

• FaceMeAndBeBrokenFaceMeAndBeBroken FUCK JAPANESE STICKS Joined: Posts: 3,518
    Scalebound got cancelled because it was going to wet a niche whistle. I was not at all surprised to hear it got canned.
    Can I get a fact check on which console has been the top seller since oh October I want to say?
    More people play multiplatform games that's why they are multi platform. If a publisher had confidence it could make big money worth a big investment they would make the investment.
    Sony is holding the market back with it's exclusive deals. Look at Tomb Raider Vs Bloodborne , I bet you From Soft is pissed they didn't get a deal like square, partial funding for timed exclusivity. Now Bloodborne a game we know probably would have flourished on Xbox given how big the souls playerbase already is on Xbox, has to sit on PlayStation. PlayStation owns rights to the Bloodborne universe and shit so it just sits and makes half to a third of the money for the entire existence of the IP.

Even still it's all for naught except to fuck From over because what Sony doesn't get is the community aspect of Xbox live. Go into any random Xbox party, 3 people are playing the same game 3 are on Netflix/ YouTube one guy is playing a 360 or PC game and the Last one is your sorry ass, you get your balls busted, everyone laughs you have new friends.
    PlayStation party you have 4pairs of people in 4 games, all telling each other how much better the game theyre playing is than yours. 1 guy sits and never says anything. You get told to buy some random exclusive game That doesn't have multiplayer so you can sit in the party and be interrogated about it. When it comes out, if you don't completely suck it off in your description, it's a bad game and everyone shits on you for playing it without ever playing it. Do not mention Xbox you will die in a flame war.

Compare these 2 communities and tell me why you think people buy Xbox "because my friends are on it"

Agree so much. And when I do turn on the PS4 dudes always playing some mawp shit.

XBL/PSN DiegoElFuego

Will play
    (PS4): KOF14, Skullgirls, Blasterz, DBXV2
    (360): MVC2, MVC:O
    (XB1): Everything else non FG's
  • FaceMeAndBeBrokenFaceMeAndBeBroken FUCK JAPANESE STICKS Joined: Posts: 3,518
    WTF censorship
    XBL/PSN DiegoElFuego

Will play
    (PS4): KOF14, Skullgirls, Blasterz, DBXV2
    (360): MVC2, MVC:O
    (XB1): Everything else non FG's
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 6,326
    I fuckin hated the Game Gear. So many of those games are just screen crunch city, and the fucking thing was HUGE, had terrible contrast, and 6 fucking double A's that drain fast as fuck.

My brother had an Atari Lynx. The original model. I had a Game Gear. You think the Game Gear was bad. The Lynx was bigger, heavier, and so power hungry that sometimes it wouldn't power up with brand new batteries. You had to feed it Duracell's. Anything else was a 50/50 proposition.
    edited March 21
    The Xbox only matters in the US and UK. The places that it's competitive. The PS4 is still bigger in those regions. PS4 has double the userbase. I don't know how MS expects to recover when they put what few exclusives they have on PC.
    Post edited by Darc Requiem on
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,676
    I own both PS4 and a xbone and while they both have flaws at least the PS4 has games.

That being said I am glad I own a xbone because my 360 is fucked so being able to play at least some of my 360 games with the few exclusives being released is decent enough for me.
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

Currently Playing: Nioh, Lost Odyssey, Yakuza 3, Rare Replay
  • twigstertwigster Joined: Posts: 518
    New Radiant Historia is loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I finished Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and KotOR II in the last 2 weeks.

Why is the ending for KotOR II such garbage? took them literally 30 seconds to write that. The game just... ends. I wonder if Mass Effect 3 had this same problem.

For the most part, I think the first game is better than the second. The second added force/lightsaber forms, item synthesis, and much more weapon customization, as well as -more- random item drops (it's not totally random though).

But the bosses, characters, and difficulty -consistency- are much better in the first game. In the second, you breeze through the game with no challenge (walk into a room, force storm, repeat), and then you finally reach a boss and they kill you in 2 hits. And most bosses are fought alone. Most of the characters are lackluster, the story is poorly explained ("AN ECHO IN THE FORCE. A WOUND IN THE FORCE. THE FORCE THE FORCE EXILE").

I know there are mods for both games, but if there were mods to make Kotor have the same combat/customization features of Kotor 2... heaven.
  • ExposedDExposedD Hyena Joined: Posts: 6,024
    @Abbachio
    Did you finish LO?
    How do you play the best shit when XB1 has no games...? I don't understand.
    Mass Effect, Forza, Fallout, Skyrim, GTA Online. It'd be perfectly fine if no other games were ever made. Ever.
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,676
    ExposedD wrote: »
    @Abbachio
    Did you finish LO?

Not yet, I took a break when I got FFXV and Nioh but now they're out of the way I'm gonna get back to it. I'm pretty sure I'm at the finishing stretch just got to go to the last dungeon but I wanna level up and beat the super boss first.
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

Currently Playing: Nioh, Lost Odyssey, Yakuza 3, Rare Replay
    owattjacob wrote: »
    Shit i had to double check but even Nier didnt come to Xbox One. Had to look at a list for xbone exclusives that released/releasing from the start of this year to april and all i got was Halo wars 2. Meanwhile there's Nioh, Yakuza 0, Horizon, Tales of Bes, Gravity Rush 2...

Like god damn atleast give them Nier or Double Dragon IV, those poor fucks.
    Fuck no, Let Xbone players starve. That is why the Xbone owners was so hungry for 360 games, they didn't have shit to begin with.
    The Xbox only matters in the US and UK. The places that it's competitive. The PS4 is still bigger in those regions. PS4 has double the userbase. I don't how MS expects to recover when they put what few exclusives they have on PC.

Don't forget how Microsoft shat on half thee world on Launch because they only launched in 13 countries (US and parts of Western Europe) while PS4 launched Everywhere.
    All because MS was so inststant on the Voice command BS that came with the Kinect Requirements, they had to spend an additional year debugging for additional languages, MS forgot the rest of the world didn't speak just English, French and German.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Crack is back! Joined: Posts: 23,587
    Where the Xbone is right now M$ they would be better off making Scorpio a new console than an upgrade.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
    edited March 21
    twigster wrote: »
    New Radiant Historia is loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I finished Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and KotOR II in the last 2 weeks.

Why is the ending for KotOR II such garbage? took them literally 30 seconds to write that. The game just... ends. I wonder if Mass Effect 3 had this same problem.

For the most part, I think the first game is better than the second. The second added force/lightsaber forms, item synthesis, and much more weapon customization, as well as -more- random item drops (it's not totally random though).

But the bosses, characters, and difficulty -consistency- are much better in the first game. In the second, you breeze through the game with no challenge (walk into a room, force storm, repeat), and then you finally reach a boss and they kill you in 2 hits. And most bosses are fought alone. Most of the characters are lackluster, the story is poorly explained ("AN ECHO IN THE FORCE. A WOUND IN THE FORCE. THE FORCE THE FORCE EXILE").

I know there are mods for both games, but if there were mods to make Kotor have the same combat/customization features of Kotor 2... heaven.

Lucasarts announced KOTOR2 and it's release date before the had even begun development. KOTOR was much bigger hit than they expected and they wanted to cash in. Obsidian literally had 10 to 11 months to conceptualize and develop the game from start to finish. IIRC they coded the entire game in 6.months. It's a miracle that the game turned out as well as it did. The game is much better with the PCs restoration mods. They were able to restore the bulk of the content that was cut due to the compressed development schedule. I recommend only playing the modded version of the game. Outside of a few things, it's essentially the game Obsidian wanted to release.
  • The MartianThe Martian A Terrible Fate. Joined: Posts: 11,859
    edited March 21
    I enjoy owning both an Xbone and PS4. Though lately, with Sony randomly locking me out of my digital content, the Xbone has been getting a lot more use.

Xbox BC is nice for me because I get to enjoy games like Dark Souls 1, which is arguably my favorite game of all time. I also recently learned Rage became backwards compatible with it, which is neat because the game doesn't seem to be plagued with the texture-pop in issue that existed on older gen. Finally taking the time to play through that game now. Probably one of the more underrated shooters of last gen. :tup:

Other than that, it's pretty much become my go to machine for the usuals. Killer Instinct, Gears 4, Master Chief Collection, Reach, Rare Replay, and Horizon 2 alongside a bunch of non-exclusive stuff. Still need to pick up Halo Wars 2 and Dead Rising 2, tho.

Hoping I'll be able to pick up a copy of Zelda today, finally. I may get a New 3DSXL as well. We'll see!
    "You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you."

• The MartianThe Martian A Terrible Fate. Joined: Posts: 11,859
    Also quadruple dipped on Resident Evil today. Saw a sale on the store offering every single main Resident Evil game (excluding 2, 3 and Revelations 1) for $50, so I snagged it. Comes with all the DLC for every game too, not a bad deal at all. Resident Evil 7 was also about 20 bucks off, so I copped that as well. :tup:
    "You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you."

Where the Xbone is right now M$ they would be better off making Scorpio a new console than an upgrade.

I was going to say MS should scrap the whole gaming division all together and focus more their Commercial/Enterprise endeavors.
    PC Gaming (mostly Direct X) is what allowed MS to have a good home user adaption for Windows over the Mac (which Apple decided to move away from) but Microsoft themselves been never really good at actual games.
    They always had to go to outside studios/developers or acquire game studios to get any good games out. When it comes to gaming Microsoft real strength is enabling others devs. But the SDK for Xbox been shit for devs as they can't as easily port their software to other platforms (even Windows) without significant rewrites. This time around Sony been rather supportive of Devs and made the hardware easier to code for.
    I am here hoping Vulkan picks up traction as the Vulkan API is multiplat, All we need is Sony and Nintendo to adapt Vulkan and MS would be in trouble. The idea is there would be less rewriting code thus less time and money spent making games for multiple platforms. The only benefit for a Dev to use Direct X (if they paid for the license) is MS does do support, and the amount of support depends on your license agreement. Like MS known to fly their own people to a Developer's office to assist the Dev team work on a game that use Direct X. Vulkan since its free and open source lacks that support.
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,303
    The hell is that made up bullshit you just pilled out your butt hole?

Eskills wrote: »

Reaching at its fucking finest.

What part was made up the part about XB1 outselling PS4 for the last half a year?

Maybe the part about exclusives not being that big of a deal because the entire numbers for Sony's exclusive lineup add up to the amount of copies GtaV sold by itself in it's 4th year is a reach?

Everyone getting Tomb Raider is horrible I was just bullshitting guys.

G golly the PlayStation community is great if you guys are any indication.......
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 3,525
    edited March 21
    How about we look at lifetime sales for each console while you try to make it look like the shitbox is worth a damn cause it sold more since "October".

Also wasn't aware quality of PS exclusives is determined by the sales in comparison to GTA. Nioh, Paragon, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc not worth it for it your shitty reasons.

And community interactions as a whole are based on who your dumbass interacts with.

Seems like reaching to me, not surprising considering your a shitbox defender.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.