Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that.

Comments

• ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,479
    Nobody hype for Re7?
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 761
    I hate the Chainsaw Massacre, so naturally...
    NO!
  • SonicabidSonicabid What's wrong with- Joined: Posts: 12,263
    ExposedD wrote: »
    Nobody hype for Re7?

I'm a huge RE fan and have beaten every game in the series from RE0-RE6(except RE1, haven't beaten any version of RE1 yet) and Code Veronica. With that said I played the demo and it didn't do much for me. I'll wait for it to get in the 20 range before I pick it up. Yakuza 0 needs the support more than RE, it's going to sell millions regardless of how good/bad it is.

In the span of like 5-6 weeks we get Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, RE7, Kingdom Farts: 2.8, Poochy and Yoshi's Wooly World(day 1 lol) Ni-Oh and Nier. I'm buying all of them eventually except for KH. :tup:
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,549
    Nobody hype for Re7?

Nah. Its too much like Outlast. Not saying Outlast is bad. But they seemed to have made RE7 more of a hide and seek games. Which is not what I want from RE, even tho it seems there are going back to classic shit the puzzles and all that other stuff
    You forgot For Honor!
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,073
    Resident evil remake on gamecube is the goat
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    I don't like it. It takes itself too seriously and comes off too flat after all is said and done. I don't remember forcing myself to play through the original the way I did with that one.

Resident Evil 4 is subjectively better than the remake.
    I challenge you to name one scene in the remake that anybody would want to reenact.
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,073
    The whole game
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,825 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I challenge you to name one scene in the remake that anybody would want to reenact.

Are you serious with this shit? Nearly the entire game has been memeified in some way lol
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 15
    I wonder if the Skyrim that will be on Switch is just the basic thing or are we talking about "Special Edition"? I'd really only get that if it was the special edition one since that includes my precious Dawnguard and Dragonborn dlc content.... Dawnguard is of course critical to the TES-vampire fans out there. (outside of mods, of course.... Dawnguard was official content that drastically changed vampirism for the better...it improved lycanthropy as well by adding a skill-tree to that too.) Yep, I love the game that much that I'd buy it again on this system....but I really need that "special edition" content to be there. Sheeeeeeit, leveling up my latest vampire lord redguard or orc character right in the break room at work sounds like good times to me.

...cheh, and if only there was a port of Diablo 3 on that sumbitch too.... finally a PORTABLE D3 with all the stuff from the latest patch??!?! Sheeeeit I'd pass out just at the announcement of such greatness, probably after bustin' a nut on myself from the excitement......I wouldn't be able to handle that dream finally becoming reality.

...then think of the possibilities further down the road when this sumbitch gets hacked and modded!! BRUH... the possibilities...
    6C4zARq.gif
    You must have the perception of an earthworm if you cannot distinguish one moment of the game from the next...
    You must have the perception of an earthworm if you cannot distinguish one moment of the game from the next...

What are you even saying now lol
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,593
    Nobody hype for Re7?

I have my copy pre-ordered.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,362
    I'll look at the scores before I commit. if the VR compatibility didn't have a year exclusive for only PSVR I would of got it for my VIVE. not to play it though, just to watch and laugh at other people trying it out
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,258
    Nobody hype for Re7?

not really no im not really a big RE fan of the whole Texas Massacre thing just seems stupid to me. only reason i bought RE6 at release was because i had just got done with some great sessions of mercenaries on 5 that week and though "im buying this for mercenaries so know way i can be disappointed"

as it turns out Capcom finds a way.
  • SonicabidSonicabid What's wrong with- Joined: Posts: 12,263
    @Million Just downloaded the Diablo III patch so I can see what the Diablo 1 homage is like. I haven't touched the game in months but this is enough to bring me back to da Barbarian for at least a little bit. The game got a PS4 Pro patch too. :tup:
    Chiro wrote: »
    Nobody hype for Re7?

not really no im not really a big RE fan of the whole Texas Massacre thing just seems stupid to me. only reason i bought RE6 at release was because i had just got done with some great sessions of mercenaries on 5 that week and though "im buying this for mercenaries so know way i can be disappointed"

Word? Most people enjoyed RE6 MERCs.
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,104
    edited January 15
    Nobody hype for Re7?

RE6 Mercenaries is Goat. No idea how you were disappointed.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,479
    This guy talking shit to Gasa? :0

*clenches fist*
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
    Sonicabid wrote: »
    @Million Just downloaded the Diablo III patch so I can see what the Diablo 1 homage is like. I haven't touched the game in months but this is enough to bring me back to da Barbarian for at least a little bit. The game got a PS4 Pro patch too. :tup:
    Nobody hype for Re7?

i didn't like RE6s combat in general. for starters there was something different with the camera that made it feel really sluggish and in addition to that it felt like it lost the sense of severity it had in RE4 and RE5.

what i liked about REs combat was that you had to aim your shots and plan your movement very carefully since ammo was scarcer and movement was slow. in RE6 it felt much more like a traditional TPS where you would just spray down enemies.
    Nobody hype for Re7?

I loved RE6 Mercs. The 4 DLC modes are fun as well.
    Nobody hype for Re7?

i didn't like RE6s combat in general. for starters there was something different with the camera that made it feel really sluggish and in addition to that it felt like it lost the sense of severity it had in RE4 and RE5.

what i liked about REs combat was that you had to aim your shots and plan your movement very carefully since ammo was scarcer and movement was slow. in RE6 it felt much more like a traditional TPS where you would just spray down enemies.

Spreading down enemies is doing it wrong. Shoot to stun and go for the melee finish. Alternatively, kill with counters.
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,104
    Nobody hype for Re7?

We played different games.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
    Nobody hype for Re7?

Spreading down enemies is doing it wrong. Shoot to stun and go for the melee finish. Alternatively, kill with counters.

Doesn't really matter the game felt like crap regardless of the tactic.
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,549
    I wanted to know, in any situation, does a 1st party company have any say on how much a port ot etc from a 3rd party game can/will cost on their system? Like for exampke the Rise of TR port launched on ps4 at full price. Is that completely Squares decision, or does Sony have any say so on that?

Just curious because people are mad at Nintendo because certain ports are launching at full price on the Switch. And Im like Im sure the price is completely up to the dev/publisher...
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,099
    IIRC pricing is determined more so by the publisher of a game. I mean a dev can have some input but more than likely the publisher will be like 'we'll take it into consideration' and likely go with what they want anyway. So the question is...is Nintendo publishing some those third party games? If they are then yeah fling the frustration their way...if not they need to be looking at who's name is on the box to mail the strongly worded letter and not Nintendo.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,011
    Dimfish wrote: »
    So can we talk more about this fucking paid online service?
    Voice chatting through the mobile app? Can it not do it on the console itself?
    Okay but then how do I hear the game audio? Why am I burning up phone battery to play Switch games online though?

A discount on various titles monthly (okay that checks out) and ONE virtual console game RENTED for a month for free, then you take it away? Thats some bullshit. I mean I don't need a month to beat shit like super metroid but i'd like to play it again if I WANTED TO.

The ONLY ways I could see this service making sense is if:
    • The switch syncs to your phone via bluetooth/wifi-streaming, making it so they share an audio base and also so you can have your switch piggyback off your 3g/4g when on the go. Thats actually somewhat intuitive and friendly towards the on the go narrative theyre pushing, but its still sucks I can't just use my Switch alone for voice chatting. It's too bad this is most likely not the case because literally no one ever has done that and I doubt Nintendo or more specifically DeNA will try to make that happen.
    • If you got to keep the Virtual Console games OR you could download unlimited Virtual Console games a month to play, but once you've used up your "month-long free trial" you have to buy the game. Those are the two alternatives I would consider worth a standard priced subscription service.
    • If it's five dollars. If neither of the two things I listed above are the state of this thing, and it is as its being (vaguely) described by Nintendo, then I would be willing to pay at most Five United States Dollars a month to play my friends online in Mario Kart, Splatoon, Smash, and whatever other online games they get. Maybe Dragon Quest 10 if that makes it over here, or if Xenoblade 2 turns out to be an MMO as well. Oh and ARMS. And thats ONLY IF they host online matches on PROPER SERVERS AND NOT PEER TO FUCKING PEER

EDIT:
    "Instead of having some sort of bulky gamer headset, you’ll be able to do it right off your smartphone, put in your earbuds that you use for your standard mobile device. We think that’s a pretty sweet solution. That’s part of the overall opportunity that we see in a subscription service."
    Apple-Lightning-Headphones-iPhone-7-Lightning-Jack-Port-Dropped-Apple-iPhone-No-3-5mm-Headphone-Jack-Petition-Apple-iPhone-7-632026.jpg
    This is why you don't buy Apple kids

Still waiting to hear more concrete info on what exactly they are doing and how much. If what we've been hearing is the extent of the service, Nintendo is fucking up bad, Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 and the rumored Smash Bros port are probably going to be all awesome but online matches on the Switch versions alone won't get people to buy into that type of service. Sony basically has to give away games, MS is wise enough to offer a free version, what Nintendo hopes to do here will need GREAT multiplayer experiences people want to play online and if not, then other benefits.

IF they have the horses, I along with others will do doubt get on the cart but a paid version of My Nintendo (the replacement for Club Nintendo that sucks worst then Club Nintendo at its lowest), limited monthly VC rentals and with more enforced Miitomo features... someone chose poorly it terms of pitches for how to do this.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,787
    Can we expect a hack to play the joy cons on PS4? That would be the ultimate.

Guacamelee continues to be gdlk. Just beat Javier Jaguar. The platforming in this game...banderas .gif
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power Up Joined: Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Look at those sweet beautiful jiggle physics

Is it strange that I actually want to know how much money went into making those butt cheeks jiggle the way they do?
  • DimfishDimfish Joined: Posts: 366
    Wellman wrote: »
    Dimfish wrote: »
    So can we talk more about this fucking paid online service?
    Voice chatting through the mobile app? Can it not do it on the console itself?
    Okay but then how do I hear the game audio? Why am I burning up phone battery to play Switch games online though?

A discount on various titles monthly (okay that checks out) and ONE virtual console game RENTED for a month for free, then you take it away? Thats some bullshit. I mean I don't need a month to beat shit like super metroid but i'd like to play it again if I WANTED TO.

The ONLY ways I could see this service making sense is if:
    • The switch syncs to your phone via bluetooth/wifi-streaming, making it so they share an audio base and also so you can have your switch piggyback off your 3g/4g when on the go. Thats actually somewhat intuitive and friendly towards the on the go narrative theyre pushing, but its still sucks I can't just use my Switch alone for voice chatting. It's too bad this is most likely not the case because literally no one ever has done that and I doubt Nintendo or more specifically DeNA will try to make that happen.
    • If you got to keep the Virtual Console games OR you could download unlimited Virtual Console games a month to play, but once you've used up your "month-long free trial" you have to buy the game. Those are the two alternatives I would consider worth a standard priced subscription service.
    • If it's five dollars. If neither of the two things I listed above are the state of this thing, and it is as its being (vaguely) described by Nintendo, then I would be willing to pay at most Five United States Dollars a month to play my friends online in Mario Kart, Splatoon, Smash, and whatever other online games they get. Maybe Dragon Quest 10 if that makes it over here, or if Xenoblade 2 turns out to be an MMO as well. Oh and ARMS. And thats ONLY IF they host online matches on PROPER SERVERS AND NOT PEER TO FUCKING PEER

EDIT:
    "Instead of having some sort of bulky gamer headset, you’ll be able to do it right off your smartphone, put in your earbuds that you use for your standard mobile device. We think that’s a pretty sweet solution. That’s part of the overall opportunity that we see in a subscription service."
    Apple-Lightning-Headphones-iPhone-7-Lightning-Jack-Port-Dropped-Apple-iPhone-No-3-5mm-Headphone-Jack-Petition-Apple-iPhone-7-632026.jpg
    This is why you don't buy Apple kids

Still waiting to hear more concrete info on what exactly they are doing and how much. If what we've been hearing is the extent of the service, Nintendo is fucking up bad, Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 and the rumored Smash Bros port are probably going to be all awesome but online matches on the Switch versions alone won't get people to buy into that type of service. Sony basically has to give away games, MS is wise enough to offer a free version, what Nintendo hopes to do here will need GREAT multiplayer experiences people want to play online and if not, then other benefits.

IF they have the horses, I along with others will do doubt get on the cart but a paid version of My Nintendo (the replacement for Club Nintendo that sucks worst then Club Nintendo at its lowest), limited monthly VC rentals and with more enforced Miitomo features... someone chose poorly it terms of pitches for how to do this.

the only way i can see this going well with the myNintendo , is if you can trade those myNintendo/club nintendo points for months of the service. Lets say a 60 dollar game gets you 600 points, and its like 300 or 250 for 3 months of service, then all is forgiven. At that point my online pays for itself and I'm happy again. I could almost see them doing something like that.
    Gasaraki wrote: »

You have failed the challenge and in the process flushed the value of your opinions down the toilet with your lack of awareness.
    Gasaraki wrote: »

You have failed the challenge and in the process flushed the value of your opinions down the toilet with your lack of awareness.

Wow your head is sooooo far up your ass lol
    I apologize if you are unaware of an earthworm's primitive nervous system. Thus far you have still not provided anything specific to challenge my opinion of the game.
    edited January 15
    I apologize if you are unaware of an earthworm's primitive nervous system. Thus far you have still not provided anything specific to challenge my opinion of the game.

What? I wasn't even trying to do that in the first place. I've never even played RE1 but I know just from fucking browsing the internet that there's tons of shit people remember from RE1

You said:

There's fucking TONS. I haven't even played the game and I know about "Jill sandwich" and "master of unlocking" for example. Like, what the hell are you even saying?
This discussion has been closed.