Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that.

Comments

• ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,840
    GomuGomu wrote: »
    First look at Code Vein, the NOT Bloodborne sequel action RPG from Namco Bandai developed by the God Eater team.
    http://gematsu.com/2017/04/first-look-code-vein-bandai-namco-new-action-rpg

I'm at half mast. This is definitely going on my watchlist, although I hope it's doesn't suffer from the same issues as God Eater. Definitely got monotonous at times and felt like a chore to play.

That's kind of an issue with that games genre though.

Looking at how much it looks like God Eater I'm actually pretty interested now. I'd love to see their style applied to something more streamlined and focused so that repetition doesn't become an issue this time.
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,625
    edited April 21
    If you're a fan of arcade racers you need to get on that Drift Stage alpha, it's 3 years old with only a single car and track available yet it's more fun than most complete racing games I've played because of the art and the most satisfying skill based drifting mechanic I've ever used. I think the full game is releasing later this year.

https://supersystems.itch.io/driftstagealpha

Even cats who typically don't give a shit about anything can't help, but be impressed

MadeupUnluckyGraywolf-size_restricted.gif
    Post edited by orochizoolander on
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,593
    Sonichuman wrote: »

Dat Brainaic!!!
    :o :o :o

Tekken 7: Dragnov, Kazyua
    Injustice: Black Adam, Darkseid, Batman
    SFV: Laura
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,397
    I'm betting Daytona 3 will land on consoles before Drift Stage at this point. The former having a bigger team and budget behind it, but still. The only racers I play are Dayotna HD, Mario Kart 8, and RR4. I should pick up Sonic ASRT for the Wii U despite the 30fps (of all the companies). The music alone almoo~ost makes up for that.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,534

You know, I don't really play these games for plot, but if Brainiac is the type of all-consuming threat this trailer makes him out to be, where can they even go after defeating him (if they do)? Can a comic book geek help me out here?
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
    Sonicabid wrote: »
    Arcade racers shit on racing sims. Kart racers and games like Blur, Split/Second, every other NFS game, Midnight Club, Ridge Racer, etc. etc. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> games like Gran Turismo and redneck favorite Forza Motorsport.

ive been contemplating getting midnight club on the PSN. it's probably the only pure racing game i ever enjoyed that didn't have the secondary or primary objective of blowing somebody up.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,986
    axeman61 wrote: »

You know, I don't really play these games for plot, but if Brainiac is the type of all-consuming threat this trailer makes him out to be, where can they even go after defeating him (if they do)? Can a comic book geek help me out here?

Darkseid. He's a pre-order bonus afterall.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power Up Joined: Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is really fun. I can see why there was a lot of hoopla over this one back in 1989. It is pretty difficult, though. I've got just as many game overs in this baby as I have when I started playing BOTW. Finding just the right way to approach enemies is super important as is going out with better gear and taking into account your current transformation. Fighting as a Mouse Man is way different than fighting as a Lizard Man.
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,722
    Played through Megaman Zero properly yesterday, the start of that game is really difficult but gets way easier as you progress. It kinda tries to not have bosses get locked into a damage loop like in other MM games when you use their weakness but they still take lots of damage. Weirdly Copy X was the easiest boss in the game. Level design isn't as goodfun as classic/X but it's still really fun. I like that the better you play the difficulty increases but I prefered to take my time through the stages and I guess I missed some of the elfs so my score wasn't great and I didn't rank up much but the fact it's there is really cool. A solid 7/10 imo.

Was gonna start the rest but the roms don't seem to work on the PSP GBA emu, which is not really a problem as I'm just gonna get the DS collection anyway.
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

Currently Playing: Nioh, Lost Odyssey, Yakuza 3, Rare Replay
  • ExposedDExposedD Persona 5 Joined: Posts: 6,231
    Didn't even know about that game until you guys started talking about it a few days ago.
    A "disturbing" visual novel type game from Suda 51? You know i'm interested!
    Persona 5
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 6,773
    I might have to hit that Nightmare mode for my next P5 playthrough. This, thus far, has without question been the easiest SMT game I've played. Some of the abilities you get are gamebreaking, like the ability to create Personas that are a higher level than you.
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,259
    I might have to hit that Nightmare mode for my next P5 playthrough. This, thus far, has without question been the easiest SMT game I've played. Some of the abilities you get are gamebreaking, like the ability to create Personas that are a higher level than you.

Do you get this one from doing the twins requests? I swear i have created one stronger than me, but i still cant negotiate with one to join me if hes stronger
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,088
    You can't create Personas with a base level higher than your MCs, normally. They can level up past your level after getting a boost and you can summon a registered Persona higher than your level. "Wild" Personas at a higher level will automatically tell you to kick rocks, though.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,601 mod
    Speaking of voice actors, I wonder if the voices for the Telltale Guardians of the Galaxy game are the new official voices for those characters (e.g. Nolan North as Rocket). Marvel usually has one VA for each character across all non-live action media. However, Telltale seems to have a habit of using VAs who aren't the usual ones voicing the character (e.g. Batman).
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,368
    Abbachio wrote: »
    Played through Megaman Zero properly yesterday, the start of that game is really difficult but gets way easier as you progress. It kinda tries to not have bosses get locked into a damage loop like in other MM games when you use their weakness but they still take lots of damage. Weirdly Copy X was the easiest boss in the game. Level design isn't as goodfun as classic/X but it's still really fun. I like that the better you play the difficulty increases but I prefered to take my time through the stages and I guess I missed some of the elfs so my score wasn't great and I didn't rank up much but the fact it's there is really cool. A solid 7/10 imo.

Was gonna start the rest but the roms don't seem to work on the PSP GBA emu, which is not really a problem as I'm just gonna get the DS collection anyway.

Zero 3 is hands down the best of the series, IMO.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    sheeeit, another vid on Necromancer in Diablo 3... observe how awesome the character is looking at this point.

One nitpick I still have about D3's customization though... it's unfortunate that you can't dye ALL sections of clothing....with most, probably all of them... there's certain sections that cannot be recolored with the dye system. I hate that this seems to be the way things are handled in most games with customization, actually....they rarely let you recolor everything on clothing and armors. All that does is limit the possibilities of customization.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,574

Yeah, sometimes I have to check if I'm playing an Atlus game. I'm WAY too close to the ending for this to be an Atlus game.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • ZebsterZebster Joined: Posts: 3,738
    You can't create Personas with a base level higher than your MCs, normally. They can level up past your level after getting a boost and you can summon a registered Persona higher than your level. "Wild" Personas at a higher level will automatically tell you to kick rocks, though.

There is a confidant (Sun) which does let you recruit personas that are higher level than you.
    KOF 14 team: Robert/King/K'
    *Adds The Silver Case to steam wishlist*

So someone one GAF posted that he noticed Bomberman R on Switch got a patch for 60 FPS lol if true. How many games go from 30-60 FPS in a single patch? That's impressive especially for Konami of all companies, but the OP also claims the graphics took a hit.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,588
    patch fix the game for 60 FPS but the graphics took a hit.

Sounds like PC gaming 101
    If a game can't run smoothly, lower the setting.

It's not Rocket Surgery
    :coffee:
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    Except I was clearly talking about console not PC, I don't think I've ever heard of a console game getting a 60 FPS patch unless you count a last gen game ported to current gen, just thought it was interesting, especially for console gamers who would like to experience 60 FPS games maybe this will become more common in the future?
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,560
    Doubtful. Wishful thinking at best.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,427
    edited April 21
    *Adds The Silver Case to steam wishlist*

So someone one GAF posted that he noticed Bomberman R on Switch got a patch for 60 FPS lol if true. How many games go from 30-60 FPS in a single patch? That's impressive especially for Konami of all companies, but the OP also claims the graphics took a hit.
    I'm assuming the game could already could run pretty close to a constant 60 but with annoying frame drops, so they locked it at 30 to avoid them.
    Now with a bit of further optimization they've managed to remove those drops so they patched the game to run at 60.

This lack of polish was likely due to the excecutive decision to push the title out faster to launch simultaneously with the Switch.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    edited April 21
    Except I was clearly talking about console not PC, I don't think I've ever heard of a console game getting a 60 FPS patch unless you count a last gen game ported to current gen, just thought it was interesting, especially for console gamers who would like to experience 60 FPS games maybe this will become more common in the future?
    The current consoles on the market are based on PC Hardware, PS4 and Xbone is based on x86 architecture and the Switch is based on Arm architecture

It's the same programming tricks used. Hell the Xbone uses a variation of Windows 10.
    The only thing is the settings are not user adjustable, and there less debugging for hardware as all of the same platform of console has the exact same hardware.

Also there are plenty of Console games that do run at 60 FPS.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    Forza Motorsport 6
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    Outlast
    Star Wars Battlefront
    The Last of Us: Remastered

All run at 60 FPS, except for Forza the PS4 versions are used.
    And with the exception of Battlefront, all those games run at 60 FPS at 1080.
    Apparently Microsoft's digital sales are going to be included in the next NPD...kinda curious why nobody elses digital sales are going to be included.
    When you are doing awful, you need all the help you can get. Sony and Nintendo don't need to include Digital sales to pad their numbers.

Post edited by Darksakul on
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,427
    GOG are currently selling Saints Row 2 for free, so if you don't own a copy already there is literally no better time to pick it up.
    https://www.gog.com/game/saints_row_2
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,496
    With all the patches and new content I think I made the right choice that I didn't really play FFXV after I bought it. Seems like holding off is better for now
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,251
    edited April 21
    Konami announces that Belmont Bomber, Vic Viper Bomber, and Pyramid Head Bomber are coming to Bomberman R
    http://nintendoeverything.com/super-bomberman-r-getting-castlevania-silent-hill-and-gradius-characters/nggallery/image/super-bomberman-r-vic-viper/

Shadow of War - Unlocking the Predator Skill Tree

The Surge - Combat Trailer
    edited April 21
    I never played Lords of the Fallen nor did I have much interest to, but The Surge looks fucking awesome, I have too many games in my backlog to add another especially at full price, but man will it be hard to resist buying it day 1. I feel like I'm the only one hype for it, only thing I see so far I don't like is the chromatic aberration on hit animations

Is that a Vanquish style slide cancel I see?

y8BmAw.gif
    The character movement looks good, but I'm not a fan of the enemies barely reacting to getting hit by these big hunks of metal.

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,972
    FUCK KONAMI.

Now we wait for some jackass to defend this shit like they do those GODDAMN CATS...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • The MartianThe Martian G.O.L.D. Joined: Posts: 12,128
    edited April 21
    Darksakul wrote: »
    All run at 60 FPS, except for Forza, the PS4 versions are used.

Try again. Forza on Xbone runs at 60FPS.
    When you are doing awful, you need all the help you can get. Sony and Nintendo don't need to include Digital sales to pad their numbers.

You can be a good poster if you try. Less talking out your ass and more fact checking is probably a good place to start.

30 Million units sold in 3 years, with a monthly active user base of almost 50 Million people doesn't really match Sony's numbers at the moment, but in no way is it considered a "failure" of a platform. I mean shit, it was the top selling console for the latter half of 2016. :rofl:
    "You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you."
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,604
    edited April 21
    Stop it... D3 sucks. Annual reminder.

edited April 21
    Bonus points for using a Naruto-related image. Y'all could learn a lot about trolling from AP.

Konami can go fuck themselves, and if you defend that shit, you too. How's your PT and Lords of Shit these days?

..Oh yeah, that's right...

Get mad, and click your buttons like you've accomplished something, scrubs.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,029
    The gradius bomber fits.
    Not digging the other two
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    Po please explain to me why I'd have to spend a minimum of $70 to get all the available content in Super Smash Bros

*crickets*
    edited April 21
    Po please explain to me why I'd have to spend a minimum of $70 to get all the available content in Super Smash Bros

*crickets*

You don't?

There's a full game with 50+ characters and 40+ stages out the box. You don't have to buy shit, unless you really love Bayonetta, Ryu, or fuccboi Cloud.

Oh, and you don't have to pay for shitty ass P2P online just to deal with laggy idiots on Wi-Fi... The lag is free.
    edited April 21
    All run at 60 FPS, except for Forza, the PS4 versions are used.

Try again. Forza on Xbone runs at 60FPS.

You can be a good poster if you try. Less talking out your ass and more fact checking is probably a good place to start.

30 Million units sold in 3 years, with a monthly active user base of almost 50 Million people doesn't really match Sony's numbers at the moment, but in no way is it considered a "failure" of a platform. I mean shit, it was the top selling console for the latter half of 2016. :rofl:

You really need to learn how to read. I said Forza runs 60 FPS, I was saying it was the only Xbox One game on the list.
    except for Forza the PS4 versions are used.

As for your other statement, I was talking about game sales, not consoles.
    Xbox One simply lacks game contents, they always do these "clever tricks" to make their sales look better than they actually are.
    po pimpus wrote: »

*crickets*

You don't?

There's a full game with 50+ characters and 40+ stages out the box. You have to buy shit, unless you really love Bayonetta, Ryu, or fuccboi Cloud.

You seem to have misunderstood my question, so I'll just ask it again. With clever bold font this time!

Po, please explain to me why I'd have to spend a minimum of $70 to get all of the available content for Super Smash Bros.

You know damn well I wasn't just talking about the base game. I just wanna see you defend this crap but shit on the next game that has any kind of "season pass". It's this kind of irony that I live for.
    It's this kind of bull shit that I live for.
    Fixed it for you.

You know Po's stance on the topic, and no one going to make him think otherwise.
    Why are you even trying to get po to Rant.
    Because he ain't got shit else to do but come down from his weed-induced "epiphany"... Thinking he's got me cornered in some logical hypocrisy, when I've explained dozens of times my stance on "good DLC" versus "bad DLC".
This discussion has been closed.