Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that.

Comments

• EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 3,880
    edited April 21
    So the wii costumes were good dlc and the cats are bad?
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,155
    Cats were free, btw.....
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,406
    Because now Po is gonna go silent for the next two pages, and it's hilarious every time. Bet on it. :rofl:

I'm not even sure he realizes it himself, sometimes. Just Smash Bros alone does SO MANY of the practices he claims to hate, yet this is the first guy to defend Nintendo on the dot.

Spoiler alert: all those Mii costumes? The ones that let you dress up as all kinds of different characters like Samus and Mega Man? SAME FUCKING THING AS CAT COSTUMES.

Do you know what the difference is though? IN SMASH YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO PAY REAL MONEY FOR THESE FUCKING COSTUMES.

MONSTER HUNTER HANDS THEM OUT AS FREE DLC.

WTF. HELP ME UNDERSTAND, PO.

I want to agree with this, and it isn't our other disagreements that get in the way.
    I feel you may as well argue with a wall when were referring to Po.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,814
    edited April 21
    Does free DLC fanservice costumes fall under bad DLC?

Yes they fucking do, when they come from dead franchises that the companies intend to never touch again, and have spent recent years trolling and belittling the fans of those franchises with bad games and shitty cameos/teases.

As a Metroid fan, Martian should know better... The goddamn Mii costumes aren't required for shit. You buy them because you want them.

HEY DUMBASS, SAMUS AND MEGA MAN ARE PLAYABLE, FOR FUCKING FREE, AND ARE FAITHFUL RECREATIONS OF THEIR GAME SELVES

There's TWO versions of Samus, for fucks sake...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,083
    edited April 21
    Because the outfit isn't on the main character, and is instead on worthless side characters (his thoughts probably, not mine); ergo it's insulting. Even though if he actually played Monster Hunter he'd probably think differently on the matter...

Only Po could think that free fanservice DLC is bad DLC.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed(?)
    Smash 4: Toon Link
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
    Because the outfit isn't on the main character, and is instead on worthless side characters (his thoughts probably, not mine); ergo it's insulting. Even though if he actually played Monster Hunter he'd probably think differently on the matter...

It's insulting because Capcpom continually shits on MM, then trots out some bullshit ass costume or some other crap to lure in MM fans, when they have no intention of doing anything right with the actual franchise.

How would you like it if Federation Force was the future of Metroid from here on out?

It's only fanservice when you service your fans, not troll and insult them... But I'm wasting my time, since we got fuckheads that can't see anything wrong with DmC either...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,083
    po pimpus wrote: »
    How would you like it if Federation Force was the future of Metroid from here on out?

I'm not the one to ask, I don't care about Metroid and thought Federation Force looked fine :razz:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,630

It's insulting because Capcpom continually shits on MM, then trots out some bullshit ass costume or some other crap to lure in MM fans, when they have no intention of doing anything right with the actual franchise.

It's only fanservice when you service your fans, not troll and insult them... But I'm wasting my time, since we got fuckheads that can't see anything wrong with DmC either...

Why aren't you more upset about Mega Man in Smash? Guest characters in games is a form of fanservice.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    Femto wrote: »
    I feel like Po would've disintegrated by now if he was Sega fan.

I used to play Virtua Fighter.

And no, Sonichuman... Free DLC does not automatically= bad. It's bad in this case because of the way Konami pisses over it's legacy, the same way Capcpom loves fucking with Mega Man fans.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Oink oink Joined: Posts: 23,319 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ExposedD wrote: »
    I'm a bit late to the party regarding the collectors edition. Gamestop screwed me over. I had placed a, what they call, a "click & collect" and i paid them 5€ doing so.
    I thought forsure i would be guaranteed to get the take your heart edition but they called me near release saying it's all gone and stuff like that. I have yet to ask them back for the 5€ and last time i heard my "reservation" still stands if by some miracle they would get another one in.

Now i managed to pick one up from some other place. The steelbook i got from the same place but on the releaseday.

ZFwvQHx.jpg

Long story short : Gamestop is utter shyte & it's a good time 2 be alive & play JRPGs

This is literally the only good post on this thread and I hate persona 5: pancake edition
    CoD heading back to it's roots. Call of Duty: WWII has been officially revealed. There will be a stream on Wednesday showing the game
    https://www.callofduty.com/wwii/splash

I heard about this a week ago, good to know someone in Activision is not stupid.
    All the CoD player base want is "Boots on the Ground" infantry combat. Not outer space, jet fighters, or any sci fi tropes.
    Maybe a Zombie mode as that proves to be popular for them.
    Darksakul wrote: »
    CoD heading back to it's roots. Call of Duty: WWII has been officially revealed. There will be a stream on Wednesday showing the game

I heard about this a week ago, good to know someone in Activision is not stupid.
    All the CoD player base want is "Boots on the Ground" infantry combat. Not outer space, jet fighters, or any sci fi tropes.

CoD went sci-fi as the modern military settings was getting stale.
  • ExposedDExposedD Persona 5 Joined: Posts: 6,304
    in case anyones interested... ps3 vs ps4 versions of P5 graphics comparison

affinity wrote: »
    I mean, you can't even play as a cat in that game. wtf. it's 2017.
    chadouken! wrote: »
    It's called Sonic the Fucking Hedgehog, not Sonic the Cat, you dumb bitch.
    I remember when Pos stance was all DLC was bad DLC.

Yeah, then Nintendo started it and he had to change his tune.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

I really wish you motherfuckers would read...

And I wish you'd quit being a twat and would try good games instead of turning them down over petty bullshit.

Ironic, coming from the guy that won't try Horizon.

*Insert weak ass "go play Dark Souls" comment here*
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,070
    edited April 21
    Why dont you play Souls anyway? Don't you even own Dark Souls 1? I'll Co-OP with you fool.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,490

And I wish you'd quit being a twat and would try good games instead of turning them down over petty bullshit.

*coughplaydarksoulscough*
    edited April 21

Well maybe they should not have yearly releases then. The series did better when they didn't have a release every year.
    Also the CoD fan base was never keen on the whole Sci-fi thing to begin with.

Modern Warfare was one thing, COD fans wants Boots on the Ground action. If they wanted Sci fi they would play Kill Zone, Halo, Gears of War, Titan Fall, Destiny, and so on.
    The series got stale as it got caught in that "Madden" Trap of yearly releases. There more to boots on the ground than World War II, and COD really didn't put the effort.
    how many conflicts taken place since WWII and COD didn't even touch on it. They canceled Call of Duty: Vietnam and Call of Duty: Roman Wars.
    The Black Ops sub series touched on the Cold war, but that's it.

• SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,579
    edited April 21
    Also in other news

Got tooslowed by Hawkingbird

*jeffgoldblumwellthereitis.gif*

You are not gonna see him shit on Horizon. If there's no interest he'll leave it at that.

You are not gonna see him shit on Horizon. If there's no interest he'll leave it at that.

Yeah I give LW that, if he lacks interest in the series, he leaves it alone
    edited April 21
    Sonichuman wrote: »

And no, Sonichuman... Free DLC does not automatically= bad. It's bad in this case because of the way Konami pisses over it's legacy, the same way Capcpom loves fucking with Mega Man fans.

Po...the dlc is free. Nobody is paying for it. I can't understand this logic. At most free dlc can be meh. Your belief that it pisses over legacy of things is subjective and we've done this song and dance before especially when it comes to MH which completely blows my mind. It's not harming any of those respective franchisea that get a small shout out in a different game especially when you aren't paying for it. Hell it could be considered a tiny bit of advertising since there could be bomberman fans who might get just slightly more interested in a franchise through pure curiousity over a character. It worked for Fire Emblem didn't it?

Ok. For the last time... All of you fucking READ:

Fanservice DLC like those cats dressed as Mega Man work WHEN THERE IS ACTUALLY A PRODUCT STARRING THE CHARACTER IN QUESTION that's not a million years old or forthcoming that isn't some bullshit.

Putting Fire Emblem characters in other games is fine, because there's a goddamned Fire Emblem release everytime you turn your head... and get this, they're actually GOOD GAMES, not some horrid abominations dumbed down for the Teen Titans GO set, or stripped of everything that made them beloved and memorable in the first place.

There ain't no CV games coming, ain't no Mega Man, ain't no Silent Hill... Them shits are dead, because the people that made them what they were have been shown the door by the inept, greedy corporations that own the IPs.

It's fucking trolling... Petty, spiteful trolling.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,096

Well maybe they should not have yearly releases then. The series did better when they didn't have a release every year.
    Also the CoD fan base was never keen on the whole Sci-fi thing to begin with.

Modern Warfare was one thing, COD fans wants Boots on the Ground action. If they wanted Sci fi they would play Kill Zone, Halo, Gears of War, Titan Fall, Destiny, and so on.
    The series got stale as it got caught in that "Madden" Trap of yearly releases. There more to boots on the ground than World War II, and COD really didn't put the effort.
    how many conflicts taken place since WWII and COD didn't even touch on it. They canceled Call of Duty: Vietnam and Call of Duty: Roman Wars.
    The Black Ops sub series touched on the Cold war, but that's it.

The series doing better without yearly releases is actually not true. CoD never really got any respect until MW1, until then it was just seen as an inferior WWII FPS in comparison to Counterstrike or Battlefield. And the yearly releases started immediately after that.

Also it being a yearly release is also a misconception. Yes, a new CoD game is released every year but it was in a 2 (and now 3) year development cycle because unlike the people behind Madden or Assassin's Creed, they at least had the foresight of having different developers work on separate CoD games.

The yearly releases, hell even the lack of the Boots on the Ground gameplay aren't the issues with CoD right now. Overreliance on Supply Drops is the absolute biggest issue as it's also fucking with the balance of the game among other things.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Po...the dlc is free. Nobody is paying for it. I can't understand this logic. At most free dlc can be meh. Your belief that it pisses over legacy of things is subjective and we've done this song and dance before especially when it comes to MH which completely blows my mind. It's not harming any of those respective franchisea that get a small shout out in a different game especially when you aren't paying for it. Hell it could be considered a tiny bit of advertising since there could be bomberman fans who might get just slightly more interested in a franchise through pure curiousity over a character. It worked for Fire Emblem didn't it?

Fanservice DLC like those cats dressed as Mega Man work WHEN THERE IS ACTUALLY A PRODUCT STARRING THE CHARACTER IN QUESTION that's not a million years old or forthcoming that isn't some bullshit.

Putting Fire Emblem characters in other games is fine, because there's a goddamned Fire Emblem release everytime you turn your head... and get this, they're actually GOOD GAMES, not some horrid abominations dumbed down for the Teen Titans GO set, or stripped of everything that made them beloved and memorable in the first place.

There ain't no CV games coming, ain't no Mega Man, ain't no Silent Hill... Them shits are dead, because the people that made them what they were have been shown the door by the inept, greedy corporations that own the IPs.

You really think a greedy corporation is interested in wasting money on trolling? No, if they're doing stuff like that it's for money. I don't think any publishers actually trolls people. The closest thing to that is like, review embargos.

We're telling you that's a dumb position to take. Are these characters suppose just vanish into the ether because there's no plan to bring back their games? Fuck that! This kind of thing can help generate or maintain interest in a series. We haven't had a Darkstalkers game in 20 years but the series sticks to people's minds with the characters making cameos and appearances in crossovers. We may never get another Klonoa game but I won't mind seeing the guy as a stuffed animal in a Tales game, appear as an accessory in the customization mode in Tekken or as a decal in Ace Combat. He'll still be around.

Fire Emblem characters apply since no one in the US knew who the fuck they were in the US before Marth and Roy appeared in Melee and created a demand.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,212

As a guy who still plays the series, space wasn't a bad setting...it was everything else that made it suck. Of the last 3 games that used a future setting, Black Ops 3 was the best uet had the worst RNG system. Oddly enough, Infinite Warfare was the worst overall yet has the best RNG system in the series.

New game means the CoD cycle begins...FYI it's similar to the Sonic cycle.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter The World's Strongest Joined: Posts: 3,157
    edited April 21
    Just because a franchise is old doesn't entitle it to continue with new entries. Put things in respective and realize most works don't even make it to a 5-year anniversary, let alone 30. Twenty-five Mega Man games or eight Metroids is more than enough, really.

There's always new stuff to enjoy; no need to constantly cling to the past.
    Prove your justice to society.
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,631
    Chiro wrote: »
    The character movement looks good, but I'm not a fan of the enemies barely reacting to getting hit by these big hunks of metal.

Really? I see enemies reeling back after being hit with heavy weapons it's only the smaller, faster weapons like the dual bladed arms that enemies don't have crunchy hit reactions to which makes sense. Hell one of the complaints people have so far including myself is the dumb forced slow motion fatality animations on enemies.

I'm surprised Lords of the Fallen sold well enough for Deck13 to be able to make a new big budget IP...or is this a AA game like Demon's Souls and the upcoming Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice?

I'm curious what reviews for The Surge will be like and how it'll sell.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Anyone here still play rocket league? How TF do you get good at this game?
  • SlurmzSlurmz I got John Blaze shit. Joined: Posts: 750
    NeoBlood wrote: »
    Anyone here still play rocket league? How TF do you get good at this game?

There's only one way:

"So what's the reason for the hating, niggas with dreads/Calling they self gods with white girls named Caitlin/And I'm cool with interracial dating, but I ain't about/To hear no fucking speeches cause I wanna have some bacon" - Phonte

I may try Horizon at some point. It's just not on my radar as it doesn't look interesting enough to me and I already have a lot on my plate as it is.

That's a lot different than you refusing to play a game ever because of free DLC.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

• EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 3,880

LW actually plays games and doesn't talk shit about things he's never touched.

Hell I recall him saying he'd never buy a ps4 and he's done that and got FFXV.

You're just a fucking hypocrite at this point.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I may try Horizon at some point. It's just not on my radar as it doesn't look interesting enough to me and I already have a lot on my plate as it is.

That's a lot different than you refusing to play a game ever because of free DLC.

I had no interest in Horizon either but a friend of mine have me his copy and it is a fun game. I still need to finish it though been playing Mass Effect.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    edited April 21

vids

Dragon Quest Heroes II - Meet the Heroes Part VII: Alena, Kiryl & Torneko

Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada - Character Gameplay Trailer

Paragon - Revenant Announce Trailer

Everybody's Golf - Announcement Trailer

GTA Online - Tiny Racers Trailer

Super Rude Bear Ressurrection - Gameplay Trailer

interesting...kinda of a faster super meat boy with the ability to use your corpses if you need too.

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - Episode 4 Launch Trailer

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Apex Mission Brief 05: Archon's Remnant Fortress

Steep - Winter Fest DLC Pack Teaser

The Disney Afternoon Collection - Darkwing Duck Retrospective

Akiba's Beat - Story Trailer

Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition - Our Curse Launch

Sniper Elite 4 - Accolades Trailer

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition - Accolades Trailer

WUBWUBWUBWUBWWWWWUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBB

Friday the 13th - Launch Date Announcement

coming May 26th. Watching people play this game is probably going to be entertaining.

Deformers - Launch Trailer

Dragonball Xenoverse 2 - Super Pack 3 Gameplay Trailer

Bonus:

Videogamedunkey - Bloodborne Dunk Souls

So.....what do you think about Tekken characters dressing up as Captain Falcon or Miis dressing up as Captain Falcon when there hasn't been an F-Zero game since Gamecube? Do you find this to be trolling?
This discussion has been closed.