Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that.

Comments

• ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭
    I would burn down an orphanage for a new Phantasy Star.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >Kingdoms of Amalur II

Not gonna happen, the studio got closed several years ago
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody has the right to be more upset about Zasalamel being cut than me.

My old screen name was Zasalamel.

I was the moderator of the Zasalamel forums on 8wayrun.

Talk about being CRUSHED.

And Talim was my secondary.
  • ChiroChiro Joined: Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reiraku wrote: »

we were supposed to get that new Phantasy Star Online 2 for the longest time, but Sega never started localizing it.
  • kAbkAb Joined: Posts: 735 ✭✭✭✭

I'd say omegaDR might have a claim to that title.

What was your name on 8wr?

• SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mario's Nightmare

Only watch if you don't mind awesome yet absurd stuff.

• GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got soo much hate when i ran a SC 2 tourney for SC4 Release. Had folks complaining why not run 3 and i told them in their face that i didn't want to deal with their create a character BS. Had a nice turn out and my Taki ran the show too. Ahh Soul Calibur how i miss thee.
    kAb wrote: »

I'd say omegaDR might have a claim to that title.

What was your name on 8wr?

I dont remember what my name was.

OmegaDR was a great player, that used a lot of the tech from the Zas forum on 8wayrun.

I only recall him coming to the US to compete at majors a few times. I cant really recall anyone who played high level Zas outside of online, since Hilde ruined tournament scene.
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭
    Chiro wrote: »
    Reiraku wrote: »

we were supposed to get that new Phantasy Star Online 2 for the longest time, but Sega never started localizing it.

The english fanmade patch was good, until Sega started blocking non-Asian IPs
    edited May 2016
    What about a new Crazy Taxi?

I wouldnt mind some more arcade side scrollers ala Streets Of Rage, Zombie Revenge, Cannon Spike.

Dust was awesome, but no new game plus was the stupidest thing ever I never touched the game after that.

Dragons Crown...2????!!!!!!!!
    edited May 2016
    Koei Tecmo has revealed their line up for E3
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/24/koei-tecmo-surprise-omega-force-game-e3-2016/

Attack on Titan

Nioh will show off new characters, enemies, and weapons

and a secret project from Omega force. some are suspecting its a Star Wars Musou game.

and heres our first E3 trailer...a month before E3?
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/24/setsunas-e3-2016-trailer-shows-off-battles/
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay, beat Minus Infinity!

*cries*
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░

Zoolanderbeast - Today at 10:31 PM
    yeah jimbo makes rick ross look like white shadow
  • TonberryKingTonberryKing Joined: Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I want to support Nintendo I think they made a mistake with onto focusing on Zelda this year at E3.
  • NAPNAP Joined: Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't EA have exclusive rights to Star Wars games now?
    NAP wrote: »

No....if they did there wouldn't be a Lego Star Wars game coming.
    Mario's Nightmare

edited May 2016
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    NAP wrote: »

No....if they did there wouldn't be a Lego Star Wars game coming.

its a very strange contract. it says the have exclusive rights to games made for the "core gaming audience" which Lego and Disney infinity are not considered part of.

that said a musou game would very much breach that contract unless EA collaborates with KT which apparently was a thing that happened not to long ago. thats the reason people are suspecting it might be a Star Wars Musou game in the first place.
    Can't go to E3? Live in NY? Really like Zelda? WEEEELLLLL! You might be in luck!
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/25/nintendo-to-let-500-fans-play-zelda-wii-u-early

You just gotta fight 499 other people. Better bring those gloves!
    Mario's Nightmare

• BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Triforce is already in line.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░

Zoolanderbeast - Today at 10:31 PM
    yeah jimbo makes rick ross look like white shadow
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX C.JACKOBE > David Sirloin Joined: Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hecatom wrote: »
    The only thing that gaf is actually good for, :rofl:

wyKa3dm.jpg

nobody fuckin told me PS4 supports HUMMA

4cB6CST.jpg

tumblr_mpuu41g6IM1qdiw3no1_400.gif
    giphy.gif
    tumblr_ml2l84Jb3t1rp8idpo8_500.gif

Still not clicking GAF links, especially when they couldn't tell zoolander about his total = 4GB RAM in 2016

And for some reason, a NeoGAF link in discord doesn't even describe the Topic Name and contents either. That shit is weird.
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• kenedykenedy Joined: Posts: 1
    That was really cool!
    Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Crack is back! Joined: Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DrellyFish wrote: »
    I wanna know where would RE7 even go in terms of plot. Wesker dead, and idk the full gist of 6's story but it sounds stupid.

I imagine 7 is maybe a reboot sorta or maybe a game that takes place during the RE1-CV time frame if they wanna even touch on that time frame again

The Resident Evil series doesn't need Wesker. One of the CG movies had an awesome Female villain that handed Ada and Leon their asses. It world be cool if she came back.

RE7 could further explore the Wesker children project. Wesker's sister was the main villain of Relevations 2 and they still need to follow up on cliffhanger of the first one.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • TonberryKingTonberryKing Joined: Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭
    I really want RE7 to return back to its surirvial horror roots and play less like a 3rd person action game. I just wonder if that is now impossible given the trajectory of the plot in recent games.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So apparently now there are rumors that Microsoft is preparing a Slim version of Xbox One that's going to be 4 times more powerful than the current console (so essentially Xbox 1.5)

The rumor mill over these upgrades is getting kinda crazy
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    I really want RE7 to return back to its surirvial horror roots and play less like a 3rd person action game. I just wonder if that is now impossible given the trajectory of the plot in recent games.

the problem is you can't keep using characters like Leon and Chris who are specifically trained to deal with this type of thing now. RE7 needs to bring in some new faces that won't be used to fighting BoWs. can you imagine the current RE cast going through Spencers mansion now? it would be a complete joke.

either that or lets go full Dead Space and use Hunk as the main character
    2524900-hunk.jpg

he has such beautiful eyes. i want him back in a good RE so bad
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

the problem is you can't keep using characters like Leon and Chris who are specifically trained to deal with this type of thing now. RE7 needs to bring in some new faces that won't be used to fighting BoWs. can you imagine the current RE cast going through Spencers mansion now? it would be a complete joke.

2524900-hunk.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. All the horror shit came from the characters being in unexpected situations. Like you see how much more seasoned Leon and Claire are in RE4 and CV compared to 2. Same with Chris in RE5 compared to 1

They'd have to use new characters. Or some how "nerf" the current cast. Idk i felt RE4 was still scary not in a regular horror sense but in a tense type of way like the whole village rush at the start of the game
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 32,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

2524900-hunk.jpg

Of course the issue is that due to the RE universe having entire divisions to deal with these types of threats, it would be lost. You'd only have to survive for half the time until Chris came with an entire squad. Or you'd have to get kidnapped ala Claire...multiple times.

PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, Capcpom can go fuck themselves straight to Hell and take Resident Evil with them.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 32,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Or, Capcpom can go fuck themselves straight to Hell and take Resident Evil with them.

With that response I can only assume you saw the picture.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    Microsoft has two new Xbox consoles on the horizon, according to reports on Kotaku and corroborated with Polygon's own sources. Those sources also told Polygon that one of those new consoles will be over four times more powerful than the current Xbox One and that the announcement at E3 was triggered by, among other things, a faster than expected timeline for Sony’s own upgraded PlayStation 4. The other console, a slimmed down version of the current hardware, will also be getting a redesigned controller.

The other console, codenamed Scorpio, is unlikely to be released until late 2017 according to Polygon's sources. It will likely be announced in the next month, though plans are somewhat in flux. Like the all-but-confirmed PS4 "Neo," Scorpio represents an evolution of console generations, one that straddles the line somewhat between an entirely new installment of the Xbox platform and a continuation of the existing Xbox One.

Power is a primary concern for Microsoft with Scorpio. The PS4 has remained a constant leader over the Xbox One in this respect, with games on the platform running at higher resolution and a higher framerate on the PS4 than their Xbox One counterparts. Microsoft is determined to end this narrative.

The Xbox One is believed to operate a peak target of 1.32 teraflops, compared to the 1.84 teraflop performance numbers attributed to the PS4. Meanwhile, per documents secured by Giant Bomb's Austin Walker — and corroborated by our sources — the PlayStation 4 "Neo," at approximately 2.25 times more powerful than the PS4, is likely to have a peak performance number of 4.14 teraflops.

The current performance target for Microsoft’s Scorpio is approximately 6 teraflops.

A price for Scorpio is also still under active discussion, and is unlikely to be revealed until next year.

More clear, however, is that "universal compatibility" is a core principle for the system. Scorpio is currently being designed to support all Xbox One software.

Holy fuck
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Saitsu wrote: »

2524900-hunk.jpg

Of course the issue is that due to the RE universe having entire divisions to deal with these types of threats, it would be lost. You'd only have to survive for half the time until Chris came with an entire squad. Or you'd have to get kidnapped ala Claire...multiple times.

not all. if it happens in a relatively remote area or Umbrella or whatever manages to cut off communications then that would drastically reduce their response time to the point where it would probably take all night which is pretty typical for horror games.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk how both Sony and MS got time for new consoles then they barely be puttin out 1st party shit

Because dumb motherfuckers are gonna buy it anyway.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 8,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk how both Sony and MS got time for new consoles then they barely be puttin out 1st party shit

Cant tell if serious?

But if srs, those are different departments

Cant tell if serious?

I know for example Naughty Dog isnt building ps4s but Im saying why push hardware over software when the reason people buy the consoles.

They done turned this shit into a power race. Im just they need to put out more games. Even at this point my friends with x1 and ps4 who were pointing and laughin about my wii u having "no games" realize they aint been playin shit personally for them
    Microsoft doing a mid gen upgrade is whatever but i do find the part about releasing a 'slim' version of the system this year then immediately launching an uprade rhe following year kinda dumb. Why? Why make that slim and then release that midgrade? Just skip the slim.
    Mario's Nightmare

• NAPNAP Joined: Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Microsoft doing a mid gen upgrade is whatever but i do find the part about releasing a 'slim' version of the system this year then immediately launching an uprade rhe following year kinda dumb. Why? Why make that slim and then release that midgrade? Just skip the slim.

Seems like they will just end up with a ton of backstock of the current model.
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 8,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cant tell if serious?

I know for example Naughty Dog isnt building ps4s but Im saying why push hardware over software when the reason people buy the consoles.

They done turned this shit into a power race. Im just they need to put out more games. Even at this point my friends with x1 and ps4 who were pointing and laughin about my wii u having "no games" realize they aint been playin shit personally for them

$$$$$$$$$
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter Let's Dust! Joined: Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MS and Sony don't really need to do first-party stuff because they have tons and tons of third parties consistently putting out high-selling software for their systems. I don't think first-party content is really as important as it used to be.
    "You either love my motion controls...or die."  Shigeru Miyamoto
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you realize this gen the Wii U had better games, but wonder who will be top dog when NX, PS4K and Xbone Scorpio are released. It's almost like last gen where it was remasters up the wazoo, now we won't be getting remasters but games that were supposed to come out the previous gen as far as Sony and MS are concerned.
    MS and Sony don't really need to do first-party stuff because they have tons and tons of third parties consistently putting out high-selling software for their systems. I don't think first-party content is really as important as it used to be.

I dont think 1st party is AS important for those 2 either. But a first party game is exclusive and thats whats gonna tilt whatever console in your favor along with knowing you getting 3rd party support. Plus 3rd party output in general seems weak atleast in getting my interest to go out and buy the systems to play the games