Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that.

Comments

• Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,083
    @Hawkingbird @Black_Jaguar @The Martian

Is there any kind of IJ2 Discord? Not a character one, but a general one.

There's not. Feel free to make one, or let me know and I'll do it if you're busy.

Nah, I don't wanna make one. Was hoping for an existing one filled with TYM regulars.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,582 mod
    Million wrote: »
    Random shit that just came to mind in the "disappearing games" category--- what the hell ever happened to "Deep Down" from E3 a few centuries ago?! I assumed it was just a new-era Dragon's Dogma anyway, but it looked awesome. I suppose it's best to just give up on waiting for that one... I'm almost at that point with Cuphead too....tired of wondering how many decades remain before that game is a reality.

Since the team was also working on Capcom's (then) next gen game engine (Panta Rhei), and then RE7 came out on another new engine (RE Engine), I assume most of the staff from DD went to RE7, at least on the tech side of things.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • ShogunZShogunZ You Jelly? Joined: Posts: 1,813
    po pimpus wrote: »
    ShogunZ wrote: »
    *stupid shit from someone who praises DmC*

Who the fuck are you again? If I'm a piece of shit, then you're the giant pile of dinosaur shit Jeff Goldblum was making jokes about.

When I try to praise a game like ARMS for doing shit the right way, people pop up out of Aku's Pit of Hate to tear it down because Nintendo.

At least when I'm tearing down Capcpom, it's in response of all the terrible shit they do.

Only the dumbest of you (which, to be fair, is a lot of GD) still think that was about DmC. It was never about the game. It was about being objective and consistent. I try to be as consistent and fair as I can, you do not care AT ALL of what you say today contradicts what you said yesterday. I was one of the first people to shit on DmC from the initial trailer because the initial trailer was BAD. My opinion for the game didn't soften until I saw gameplay, and my opinion wasn't POSITIVE on the game until I played it for myself. Say whatever you want about the game, which you fucksticks did plenty of, but my opinion is based on my time actually playing the game.

Your problem is, you don't play shit but you complain about EVERYTHING. And you're not applying your unreasonable standards to everything, either. Most notably, Nintendo. Sure, you'll throw GD a bone by piling on OBVIOUS failings and go "see guys, I call out Nintendo too I'm not a Stan I swear"

So yea, keep making it about DmC, you're just letting me know that's all you got. And whether it's a bad game or not doesn't change the fact that YOU ARE a piece of shit.

FOH
    PS4 Now Playing: Persona 5, Injustice 2, Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 3,774
    THIS right here is why I rail against DLC... and I just got through praising these mofos for how they're handling ARMS...

Don't buy a single piece of Fire Emblem DLC. It's the only way these fuckers will learn to not do this shit.

Nah fuck you.

I like FE DLC
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,924
    Eskills wrote: »
    THIS right here is why I rail against DLC... and I just got through praising these mofos for how they're handling ARMS...

Don't buy a single piece of Fire Emblem DLC. It's the only way these fuckers will learn to not do this shit.

Nah fuck you.

I like FE DLC

Hey, that's on you.

But you forfeit the right to say shit to me when I criticize bad DLC tactics.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,023
    Wooo I beat the Twins.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,242
    edited May 19
    d3v wrote: »
    Sonichuman wrote: »

For hardware as previously posted the Switch was #1 in sales...what we didn't know is that the NES Classic was #2? What in the actual fuck....

They announced that they weren't making any more, so of course people were gonna pick it up.

The demand for this thing I don't understand though especially considering the content the thing has. I must have really underestimated the amount of people who just want to rebuy a slice of their childhood from the source...even though they've had several other venues and opportunities to do so over the years. It's just kind of ridiculous to me that the demand is enough to over throw the PS4 for even 1 month.

Apparently Bungie has to be tight lipped about Destiny 2 running on Xbox until E3
    http://www.icxm.net/x/destiny-2-full-4k-pc-uncapped-frame-rate-may-18-17.html

Vids not put up in the past week
    NCL put up a video showing some footage of Indie Titles

Some old some new footage starts at about 1:00. Among the titles that this video shows is Owl Boy which wasn't previously announced (6:30).

The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind - Assassins and the Great Houses

Claybook - Announcement Trailer

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA – APEX Mission Brief 06: “Chasing the Archon's Obsession”

Sonic Forces - Park Avenue Hero Gameplay

Minecraft - Nintendo Switch Edition Trailer

The Surge - Launch Trailer

Demon's Chrystals - Launch Trailer

Call of Duty® Black Ops III - Zombies Timeline

Surviving Mars - Announcement Trailer

Injustice 2 - Gameplay Launch Trailer

Tekken Retro Recap - Part 1

The Tekken storyline retold through pixels

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 - Official Teaser Trailer

Get Even - Obsessive Trailer ( Side Story Video 5)

Sundered - Resist Trailer

Get Even - Building the Story

Final Fantasy XIV - Revolutions

Seasons After Fall - Console Launch Trailer

Yoku's Island Express - Announcement Trailer

Accel World VS Sword Art Online - Release Date Announcement Trailer

Phantom Dust Xbox One_Windows 10 Trailer

Akiba's Beat - Launch Trailer

Future Unfolding - Gameplay Trailer

Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy – System Trailer

Quake Champions - Introducing Duel Mode

Agents of Mayhem - Meet Hardtack

Culdcept Revolt - Overview Trailer

Tekken 7 - Character Trailer 2

Overwatch - Anniversary Year 1

Dick Wilde - Launch Trailer

MXGP 3: The Official Motocross Video Game - Customization Trailer | PS4

Destiny 2 - Official Gameplay Reveal Trailer

Destiny 2 - Cinematic Trailer 2

• Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,083
    Bious wrote: »
    Wooo I beat the Twins.

In P5? Still haven't done that yet.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,957
    I want to create Satanael before fighting the twins.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
    edited May 19

Nah fuck you.

I like FE DLC

Hey, that's on you.

Did you buy Smash 4 dlc?

Any argument you start about dlc ain't shit.
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,257
    Toys R Us will have Switches tomorrow. im debating on doing an early bird mission...depends. just went ham on my vacation and bills coming.

Also rumor floating around that MS is resuming/rebooting Scalebound development. this rumor is based off that MS renewed the trademark lol. pretty sure its only renewed so they dont lose it but yeah
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,023
    I want to create Satanael before fighting the twins.

I didn't.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.

Nah fuck you.

I like FE DLC

Hey, that's on you.

Did you buy Smash 4 dlc?

So I bought DLC for a game that didn't exist until the game was out for well over six months...

That's bad how?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,957
    I hate how free Robin is to zoning. I played some Deadshot today and I got rage mail within my first game with him. He's a keeper.

PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,550
    I hate how free Robin is to zoning. I played some Deadshot today and I got rage mail within my first game with him. He's a keeper.

Good...stick with Deadshot, forget all about that shitty edgelord Damien.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 4,934
    edited May 19

Nah fuck you.

I like FE DLC

How?

I mean Awakening yes, that was some fucking awesome post game content but Fates Dlc was pure ass.

"Oh look here are all these training and gold maps to raise your characters, oh look you have fuck all to do with them unless you like Ryouma Emblem PVP because all the rest of the DLC uses rent-a-units, oops"

Even if Echos dlc wasn't shady as fuck, I ain't even tempted after that.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    Iduno wrote: »

Nah fuck you.

I like FE DLC

How?

I mean Awakening yes, that was some fucking awesome post game content but Fates Dlc was pure ass.

"Oh look here are all these training and gold maps to raise your characters, oh look you have fuck all to do with them unless you like Ryouma Emblem PVP because all the rest of the DLC uses rent-a-units, oops"

Even if Echos dlc wasn't shady as fuck, I ain't even tempted after that.

Yeah awakening.

Don't recall getting dlc for fates though. After conquest, weeb and revelations runs I didn't play anymore.
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,029
    Bious wrote: »
    Wooo I beat the Twins.

big deal.
    I SS'ed yotta difficult today.

so happy when i finally beat it i was whooping and hollering all over the place.
    honestly this is probably one of my better gaming achievements.
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • The MartianThe Martian G.O.L.D. Joined: Posts: 12,130
    I hate how free Robin is to zoning.

Just meter roll. That teleport comes in handy too.
    "You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you."
  • owattjacobowattjacob Joined: Posts: 3,292
    edited May 19

Yeah awakening.

Don't recall getting dlc for fates though. After conquest, weeb and revelations runs I didn't play anymore.

There's the problem.

Fates DLC aside from playing completely new campaigns, was probably some of the worst DLC i've seen in any game. It's one thing to walk around with your $40 fucking dollar exclusive armor set for whatever fuck game offers that, you better look like a god for it, it's another story entirely when the maps that Fates offered as DLC was like...

"Heres a couple loot pinatas running from one screen to the other, kill them before they leave the map. This also happens to be the most optimal way to obtain funds, EXP (you still gotta grind the shit out of it for lunatic), and loot."

Shit was p2w without giving you the convenience of immediate power. Pay to grind better, because your other options were absolute shit. Wasn't even anywhere near fun too.

Though buying new campaigns that were completely different games, was pretty dope. Best kind of DLC contrasting with the worst. Ain't touching any Fire emblems DLC until they start offering mini campaigns with direction, instead of 3 horribly designed maps.
    edited May 19
    owattjacob wrote: »

Yeah awakening.

There's the problem.

Fates DLC aside from playing completely new campaigns, was probably some of the worst DLC i've seen in any game. It's one thing to walk around with your $40 fucking dollar exclusive armor set for whatever fuck game offers that, you better look like a god for it, it's another story entirely when the maps that Fates offered as DLC was like...

"Heres a couple loot pinatas running from one screen to the other, kill them before they leave the map. This also happens to be the most optimal way to obtain funds, EXP (you still gotta grind the shit out of it for lunatic), and loot."

Shit was p2w without giving you the convenience of immediate power. Pay to grind better, because your other options were absolute shit. Wasn't even anywhere near fun too.

Though buying new campaigns that were completely different games, was pretty dope. Best kind of DLC contrasting with the worst. Ain't touching any Fire emblems DLC until they start offering mini campaigns with direction, instead of 3 horribly designed maps.

They did announce a separate campaign for echoes. I'll be getting after I wreck main story on lunatic.
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter Soldier Without Purpose Joined: Posts: 3,060

Nah fuck you.

I like FE DLC

Hey, that's on you.

Did you buy Smash 4 dlc?

So I bought DLC for a game that didn't exist until the game was out for well over six months...

That's bad how?

Getting all of the DLC for Smash 4 costs more than the base game (almost double the price of the 3DS version!). Bundle packs are offered, but provide no discount when compared to buying pieces individually.

And the DLC characters are incomplete.
    Prove your justice to society.

That's bad how?

MvC:I's DLC is post-launch as well.

Mewtwo was confirmed as in development as DLC before Smash for Wii U was launched.

And we were all playing the 3DS version a month before that announcement... Mewtwo wasn't available until March 2015. Smash 3DS released in October 2014, and Wii U in November 2014.

Sigma is Launch DLC, and everything else that's "post launch" is supposed to be out before the end of the year(if you're still fool enough to take Capcpom at their word), which means the shit is being developed alongside the main game... Which means it's not really post launch, just being pieced out to sell later.

Tell all the facts.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,564

Nah fuck you.

I like FE DLC

Hey, that's on you.

Did you buy Smash 4 dlc?

That's bad how?

Getting all of the DLC for Smash 4 costs more than the base game (almost double the price of the 3DS version!). Bundle packs are offered, but provide no discount when compared to buying pieces individually.

And the DLC characters are incomplete.

Not to mention all the Amiibo. Hell if you want the TRUE Smash 4 experience you need BOTH the 3DS and the Wii U versions so you can use your 3DS as your controller for the Wii U version of the game.

If you want to go further, Breath of the Wild, so many items and features are locked in Amiibos. You basically need all the Zelda themed Amiibos if you want to 100% the game.
    Even the 2 DLC does not unlock everything.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,397
    edited May 19

Nah fuck you.

I like FE DLC

Hey, that's on you.

Did you buy Smash 4 dlc?

Smash 4 DLC was GDLK, though, if just for Ryu and Bayonetta alone.

Bayonetta came with her version of the Afterburner theme as well.

Smash isn't the game to point at if you are looking for a case of "DLC done bad".
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 I need a win button Joined: Posts: 20,632
    edited May 19
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Hell if you want the TRUE Smash 4 experience you need BOTH the 3DS and the Wii U versions so you can use your 3DS as your controller for the Wii U version of the game.

...that makes no sense. The only other stuff that having the 3DS version gets you is transferring custom characters. Far from a "true" experience. There isn't anything in the Wii U version that you can't have if you don't have a 3DS version.

And even if you for whatever reason wanted to use a 3DS as a controller, there's an app you can download for that. No 3DS game needed.

You really don't do any research before opening your mouth, do you?
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
    3ds smash is needed to power save all custom moves and transfer to WiiU. :coffee:
    edited May 19
    Hell if you want the TRUE Smash 4 experience you need BOTH the 3DS and the Wii U versions so you can use your 3DS as your controller for the Wii U version of the game.

...that makes no sense. The only other stuff that having the 3DS version gets you is transferring custom characters.

LW you are funny.
    3ds smash is needed to power save all custom moves and transfer to WiiU. :coffee:
    This ^.

Now be quiet LW the big folks are speaking.
    edited May 19

...that makes no sense. The only other stuff that having the 3DS version gets you is transferring custom characters.

LW you are funny.
    This ^.

God you're an idiot :rofl:

You don't need the 3DS version for custom moves. You can acquire them fine in the Wii U version. And transferring custom characters to the Wii U version doesn't unlock the moves there, it just has a character with a set moveset available. You transfer a Mario with custom moves...you just have a custom slot with Mario with that moveset. Can't change it and doesn't unlock 'em on the Wii U version, and vice versa.

...granted that doesn't change the fact that the unlock method in both versions is stupid, but I digress.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

LW you are funny.
    This ^.

God you're an idiot :rofl:

You don't need the 3DS version for custom moves. You can acquire them fine in the Wii U version. And transferring custom characters to the Wii U version doesn't unlock the moves there, it just has a character with a set moveset available. You transfer a Mario with custom moves...you just have a custom slot with Mario with that moveset. Can't change it and doesn't unlock 'em on the Wii U version, and vice versa.

...granted that doesn't change the fact that the unlock method in both versions is stupid, but I digress.
    Just because you think it dumb does not make it any less valid.
    Now go the fuck away.
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,587
    NRS did a phenomenal job portraying Brainiac. His voice actor too of course. This scene is what really did it for me. After shutting down 2 of Batman's infiltration attempts, Brainiac chastises Batman for not being as impressive as he thought. The disappointment on his face is too real :rofl:

giphy.gif

NRS deserves some big time recognition for job they did on the facial animations and Brainiac as a whole.

This is the new definite version of him!!!

Snyder would have dropped the ball so hard on him!!

Tekken 7: Dragnov, Kazyua
    Injustice: Black Adam, Darkseid, Batman
    SFV: Laura
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,029
    twigster wrote: »

I'm super hype for KOF IV steam edition let's goooooooooooooooooooooooo

Kof 4?!

Got my fe special edition today woo
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    CDB2 wrote: »
    NRS did a phenomenal job portraying Brainiac. His voice actor too of course. This scene is what really did it for me. After shutting down 2 of Batman's infiltration attempts, Brainiac chastises Batman for not being as impressive as he thought. The disappointment on his face is too real :rofl:

giphy.gif

NRS deserves some big time recognition for job they did on the facial animations and Brainiac as a whole.

This is the new definite version of him!!!

Snyder would have dropped the ball so hard on him!!

Its hard to get that kind of expression even with live actors. Especially that level of disdain and disgust Brainiac shows here.
    They must of gotten some really good motion capture and a expressive actor

• Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,119
    On the whole Bethesda thing...I recently started a DLC for Skyrim Special Edition on PS4. Well, apparently, if you discover a quest location before you start the DLC quests, you can't proceed onto the second quest. You actually have to glitch yourself into the building in order to proceed with the quest line. Thankfully there is a glitch that lets you proceed. Otherwise, you have to uninstall the DLC. I don't even know how to do that on the PS4 version. Still, this is ridiculous. The fact that it was never patched is unacceptable. This coming from a fan lol.

There's a wealth of ignorant shit being spouted as fact on this page...

..and it was at this moment Po realized he was surrounded by shills, trolls, and idiots, with nary a few that still have their wits and will about them.

In other words...

flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
    On the whole Bethesda thing...I recently started a DLC for Skyrim Special Edition on PS4. Well, apparently, if you discover a quest location before you start the DLC quests, you can't proceed onto the second quest. You actually have to glitch yourself into the building in order to proceed with the quest line. Thankfully there is a glitch that lets you proceed. Otherwise, you have to uninstall the DLC. I don't even know how to do that on the PS4 version. Still, this is ridiculous. The fact that it was never patched is unacceptable. This coming from a fan lol.

What DLC for special edition? Which quest? Skyrim has a dozen major quest lines.
    edited May 19
    Just because you think it dumb does not make it any less valid.
    Now go the fuck away.

I...what? I said the unlock method for the custom moves was stupid ('cause transferring from 3DS to Wii U doesn't unlock things), I didn't say the transferring of characters was stupid. I'm just saying, if you don't have the 3DS version, you're not missing out on anything vital. Having it doesn't give you the "true" experience.

So not only do you not do any research, you also can't read...and I'm the one that needs to go away? Bitch please. :get_outta_here:

And that's not mentioning the fact that you did a 180 on your original point of needing the 3DS game to use the 3DS as a controller on the Wii U version for the "full" experience, which was false.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

This discussion has been closed.