Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that.

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,326
    edited March 13
    Eskills wrote: »
    Guess it's the part of the cycle where this nigga shills the same garbage and people respond. Smh
    At least this time it's funny.
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Hey, I want to play SMB on my refrigerator! Fuck intention!
    I kinda want to see that. I understand some of the new Samsung Refrigerators has internet connectivity.
    We might get someone who figure out how to run roms on it.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,277
    ...I just download NES games (so I can not ever play them) on my computer and run them through OpenEmu.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    ...I just download NES games (so I can not ever play them) on my computer and run them through OpenEmu.
    I have no particular hate for Emulators, just horribly inaccurate representation.
    Darksakul wrote: »
    I have no particular hate for Emulators, just horribly inaccurate representation.

Gets the job done. It's how I was able to play Chrono Trigger for the first time.

• AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,061
    edited March 13
    For what it's worth I think you wasted a lot money.

$240 a "lot of money"? Not at all. I clear that plus change, after taxes, with a single shift. Easy.

Maybe if you're one of those types who are pinching pennies 24/7....

Wait....is this about the money?

Now I really need that @Starhammer AV. I got Mountain Dew up my nose how hard I laughed.

$120 I can buy the EverDrive-N8 any play almost every NES/Famicom/Famicom Disk game ever on a real NES.

Well it's not like i shelled out $350+ to scalpers for a single console. Like so many did a month or so back.

And that $120 included shipping cost on top of that. For such an insanely hard to find item, that's a very reasonable price.

Gets the job done. It's how I was able to play Chrono Trigger for the first time.

Actually that wins some respect, what you think of Chrono Trigger?
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,585
    edited March 13
    For what it's worth I think you wasted a lot money.

$240 a "lot of money"? Not at all. I clear that plus change, after taxes, with a single shift. Easy.

Maybe if you're one of those types who are pinching pennies 24/7....

Wait....is this about the money?
    Money is always a factor. You spent $240 dollars on something I could do for $20. Whether you easily make that much money, or don't feel that $240 is a lot to spend to play some really old games is a person to person personal issue. You spent $220 dollars more then I would have for roughly the same experience so in my mind I feel you wasted your money whether I make that much money easily or not. I mean really you pretty much spent $220 dollars on nostalgia, and $20 dollars on form and function. $220 for "feelings" is quite a bit of money.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

I liked it. It introduced some great mechanics/concepts. Amazing OST, likeable characters. Story was ok. Overall, I thought it was a great game. It didn't really live up to the hype, so I felt it was a bit overrated(based on my own interpretation of the general consensus before I went in).

• EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,003

I liked it. It introduced some great mechanics/concepts. Amazing OST, likeable characters. Story was ok. Overall, I thought it was a great game. It didn't really live up to the hype, so I felt it was a bit overrated(based on my own interpretation of the general consensus before I went in).
    Thread confirmed in deja vu time loop. Wtf :rofl:
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
    Eskills wrote: »

Thread confirmed in deja vu time loop. Wtf :rofl:

I guess he missed the shitstorm :rofl:

At least this time it's funny.

It is funny, actually. Seeing the way you guys get so worked up into a frenzy. Over the very mention of the game console. lol.

Chill out fellas.

Money is always a factor. You spent $240 dollars on something I could do for $20. Whether you easily make that much money, or don't feel that $240 is a lot to spend to play some really old games is a person to person personal issue. You spent $220 dollars more then I would have for roughly the same experience so in my mind I feel you wasted your money whether I make that much money easily or not. I mean really you pretty much spent $220 dollars on nostalgia, and $20 dollars on form and function. $220 for "feelings" is quite a bit of money.

OMG. So that's what this is all about? Buncha broke asses.

I suppose now wouldn't be a good time to mention the other night when i drove to a wal-mart, and blew about $55 on beef Jerky either.... (screw you. I wanted Jerky damnit).
    edited March 13

OMG. So that's what this is all about? Buncha broke asses.

I suppose now wouldn't be a good time to mention the other night when i drove to a wal-mart, and blew about $55 on beef Jerky either.... (screw you. I wanted Jerky damnit).
    No it's a part of it. And no as I said but you conveniently ignored, I don't give a flying fuck what you spend your you money on, buy all the Jerky you want. Look I'll quote it and bold it for your stupid ass.
    It's not about hate man, it's about accurate representation, this thing is not an NES, it's a cheap Rombox that has some pre packaged filters, that's it. The fact you spent 120 bucks on a rombox is silly, but it's your money and you're welcome to do whatever you want with it, I don't care, I'm not telling you not to buy them, I'm simply making sure the correct information is being passed along here because you are misrepresenting what the product actually is. It's not a console. It's a rombox. It's a super duper cheap PC that can run 30 year old software decently.
    Money being a factor doesn't mean it's the entire point. It's only part of the equation. You're so desperate for a leg up you can't even be bothered to fucking read the things people are saying to you. Spend your money on whatever the fuck you want, but don't be surprised when people think you sound like a retard for spending $100 dollars more then you needed to, to do the same damn thing.

What this is about mostly is you calling it a console when it's really a rombox, and you calling it an NES when it's not, there's no NES hardware in it, only software, it's not playing anything natively, it's emulating, the emulation alone disqualifies it from being the thing you claim it is because it's EMULATING that thing. It's not the thing, it's emulating it, do you know what words mean?

So yea dude, spend your money on whatever you want, no one cares, what most people actually care about tho is value for the cash they spend and $100 bucks for feels isn't a good value to cash proposition when far easier and cheaper means to the same end exist. You can build a rombox for 20 bucks and have the exact same experience. It's not an issue of being broke, it's an issue of not wasting money, and that's a person to person issue with multiple factors, how much you make being only a fraction of the factors. I know lots of people who make plenty of money but are still stingy as fuck so the amount of 0's in your paycheck isn't always the deciding factor.

Anyway said what I wanted to, gonna go back to hating Fallout 4 while still kind of enjoying it.
    240 dollars just to play nes emulated games on a HDTV

Holy shit!!

lol!!

It was $120 actually. I only bought the second NES Classic for $100 as back-up.

That one will just be sitting on my shelf in the box. So technically it's $120 to play emulated NES games on my HD-TV, and another $100 for a second console as a display piece/backup.

Holy shit!!

For that kind of money, you can just build a cheap Home Theater PC
    edited March 13
    No it's a part of it. And no as I said but you conveniently ignored, I don't give a flying fuck what you spend your you money on. Look I'll quote it and bold it for your stupid ass.

You said money was only part of the equation, yet you spent the entire post, and most of this one, talking about nothing but money.

You can build a rombox for 20 bucks and have the exact same experience.

I suppose now wouldn't be a good time to mention that i already owned a fully tricked out Raspberry Pi 3, with Retropie, long before i owned either of the NES Classics....

Holy shit!!

lol!!

It was $120 actually. I only bought the second NES Classic for $100 as back-up.

That one will just be sitting on my shelf in the box. So technically it's $120 to play emulated NES games on my HD-TV, and another $100 for a second console as a display piece/backup.

Why is it every time you are changing the story?
    You have (or claimed to have) Retro Arch installed on a Raspberry Pi, Why are you dropping $240 to emulate NES games on a HDTV?

This is more bullshit then when you said everyone should just settle for composite video
    No it's a part of it. And no as I said but you conveniently ignored, I don't give a flying fuck what you spend your you money on. Look I'll quote it and bold it for your stupid ass.

You said money was only part of the equation, yet you spent the entire post, and most of this one, talking about nothing but money. Ok fine.
    Because I've already gone over the other points, I don't feel the need to repeat what I've already said.
    Your the only one acting childish dude.
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Wait....this dude spent over $100 bucks on one of those wack as plug in play kiddie consoles you can get at a gas station?

Like that's the kind of thing you buy at a Tj Maxx or that resides in the toy section of Wally world or Target....notice I said toys and not electronics.
    $120 each not including shipping before he changed his story around. He said he only played double the retail price, MSRP is $59.99.

Then he tried to call us broke asses because we wouldn't also pay double the retail price for a TV Plug-n-play game.

LAUGHINGCRYINGFACE.jpg
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,696
    edited March 13
    Why are y'all not talking about Zelda, NieR, Horizon, Nioh, or any of the several dozen great games out or about to drop soon?

In here arguing about 30 year old games that can be played on literally anything nowadays...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Why are y'all not talking about Zelda, NieR, Horizon, Nioh, or any of the several dozen great games out or about to drop soon?

In here arguing about 30 year old games that can be played on literally anything nowadays...

How that play though of Dark Souls going?
    edited March 13

How that play though of Dark Souls going?

Going great! It's a little more colorful and bright than I was lead to believe, though...
    BOTW-Share_icon.jpg
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10

Because I don't have any of those :sad:
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,069 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Talking about those games in their actual respective threads.

This thread is garbage for the most part and going down hill fast.

Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter The Enigmatic Gale Joined: Posts: 3,234
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Jim Sterling gave BotW one it's lowest ratings and got DDoSed for giving his opinion.

Man, you Zelda fans can sure get salty. This read like a perfectly reasonable and fair review to me.
    Prove your justice to society.
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,269
    ExposedD wrote: »
    I don't even see what the point of hacking a nes mini classic is. Is it to play more NES games on it? like wtf.

overpriced piece o garbo

It's a new NES system straight from Nintendo! And the event of the hack, 100% removes and fixes any flaws or downsides the system had. Plus the great controller included. It's a 5 out of 5 console.

Maybe if you don't care about NES games, or was never crazy about the NES to begin with....

Stop. Just stop. Nintendo can't pay you enough to shill their fake garbage.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
    d3v wrote: »
    Jim Sterling gave BotW one it's lowest ratings and got DDoSed for giving his opinion.
    Probably because he scored it lower than Horizon.
    Yea so?
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,693 mod
    d3v wrote: »
    Probably because he scored it lower than Horizon.
    Yea so?
    There was some drama between fans of both games during the week of their release.

Then add to that the fact that Jim Sterling has stated that he's burnt out on open-world games, yet gave Horizon a glowing 9/10 review.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO

Man, you Zelda fans can sure get salty. This read like a perfectly reasonable and fair review to me.

Nah, bruh. He spends most of his video review complaining about not having a female Link... I usually agree with him on most shit, but that's some weakass reason to dock points.

I think Jim is still salty over Nintendo's YouTube monetization policy Fucking with his ad revenue.
    I just stopped watching Jim Sterling videos years ago.
    All he goes on about is how this or that game sucks

and not in a thoughtful and taught provoking way like Zero Punctuation or funny like AVGN.
    Jim just a shock jock and needs negativity for getting viewership.
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter The Enigmatic Gale Joined: Posts: 3,234

Nah, bruh. He spends most of his video review complaining about not having a female Link... I usually agree with him on most shit, but that's some weakass reason to dock points.

But he didn't do a video review so what the fuck are you taking about, as usual.
    Prove your justice to society.
    I'd rate BotW lower than Horizon as well, so far.

You also think Chrono Trigger is overrated while praising Kingdom Hearts to no end...

I think they're both great, but Zelda gives me that "magic" feeling that I think is missing from a lot of modern games...

..Go ahead and call me a biased Nintendo fanboy and get it over with.

You also think Chrono Trigger is overrated while praising Kingdom Hearts to no end...

I think they're both great, but Zelda gives me that "magic" feeling that I think is missing from a lot of modern games...

Did you play Horizon?

• Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,659

Did you play Horizon?

He hasnt even played dark souls
This discussion has been closed.