Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that.

Comments

• Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 7,283
    Getting so close to launch for Injustice 2 is a bittersweet feeling for me. I'm beyond excited to finally get my hands on it, but knowing Desthstroke isn't making the cut just clouds the whole experience.

I have never used a fighting game character that fit me as well as Deathstroke did. He was pretty much 2 characters rolled into one. Oppressive rushdown with absolute zoning. Retarded good zoning. Flashy combos, funny dialogue, best costumes, great damage. I promise you words can't describe how it feels to lock someone down with high/low gunshots for a few seconds, and then fucking predict their existence by sniping their ass with an instant air gunshot. Deathstroke didn't need a taunt button, his actions demoralized people enough.

Deadshot looks cool, but so far he's only a fraction of what Deathstroke was.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,074
    edited March 13
    po pimpus wrote: »
    So don't act like its a Po-exclusive phenomenon.
    I did no such thing. Stop being so fucking defensive all the time. Not everyone is attacking you, some of us are just trying to talk to you.

It's one thing to be turned off by something and something else to make a deffinitve claim about its quality.

I dont find Splatoon to be particularly appealing but I'd sound like a god damn moron if I said anything about its actual quality when I've never played it right?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,616
    Why are y'all not talking about Zelda, NieR, Horizon, Nioh, or any of the several dozen great games out or about to drop soon?

In here arguing about 30 year old games that can be played on literally anything nowadays...

this thread is the video game equivalent of the (former) american politics one.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • BBQBBQ ピンクゾーン Joined: Posts: 3,696
    edited March 13
    Found out even though ps4 is region free, dlc/season pass isn't, gotta sell my EU game and get a us version. Before anyone gives me a captain obvious remark, I half way knew this might of happened but gambled on the possibility that it might not. Slightly annoyed
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,130 mod
    BBQ wrote: »
    Found out even though ps4 is region free, dlc/season pass isn't, gotta sell my EU game and get a us version. Before anyone gives me a captain obvious remark, I half way knew this might of happened but gambled on the possibility that it might not. Slightly annoyed

You could just do what I do and have one account for each region.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Lab Cat Joined: Posts: 22,415
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Jim Sterling gave BotW one it's lowest ratings and got DDoSed for giving his opinion.

Man, you Zelda fans can sure get salty. This read like a perfectly reasonable and fair review to me.

Nah, bruh. He spends most of his video review complaining about not having a female Link... I usually agree with him on most shit, but that's some weakass reason to dock points.

I think Jim is still salty over Nintendo's YouTube monetization policy Fucking with his ad revenue.

I don't recall him doing a video review. I didn't see one on his channel when I checked, aside from that joke VSWID one.

That said, I read his written review out of curiosity, which didn't complain about the lack of female Link once. It did bring up annoyances at the weapon durability system (which I can understand, even I mentioned annoyance at it before), and a bunch of it was dedicated to the stamina meter and how "terrible" it was. Pretty much anything that "got in the way" of him plowing through the game was a negative point against the game. Even the shrines sounded like he thought of them as a negative.

Bottom line though, they're just peoples' opinions. Oftentimes what they enjoy in a game doesn't mesh with what you like in a game (I don't get most of his complaints aside from the aforementioned durability issue, for example), so I don't get why people put so much stock in review scores. Quality is subjective and all that.

Also he doesn't get ad revenue on his show, all his money is through his Patreon. He gets annoyed 'cause his show is meant to be ad-free and content ID prevents that.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Zeku | Smash 4: Toon Link Blazblue: Kokonoe
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • BBQBBQ ピンクゾーン Joined: Posts: 3,696
    Yeah. I thought about doing so when I first got the game, but didn't want to make the effort on having another email if I couldn't use my other accounts and purchasing a EU psn card. It is my fault for doing this, and was wishful thinking and being lazy, but now I know for future out side region games, and maybe save someone on here a possible head ache.
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,198
    And now Po is talking out his ass and he's never played Horizon or KH.

Never change VG Thread.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,554
    Oh, and I'm pretty sure the "video review" he's talking about is this video from 8 months ago:

"Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,263
    At least I can say I played KH.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Like Like Like Joined: Posts: 9,372 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    just put po on ignore. thats what i did. my life is infinitely better because of it.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Oni Press), TMNT (IDW)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017), We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

Nxtmlzz.png
  • twigstertwigster Joined: Posts: 586
    Why is Tales of Xillia (and Tales of Xillia 2) considered bad?
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,198
    edited March 13
    twigster wrote: »
    Outside of Gaius and Dante...I mean Ludger the cast is boring as fucking hell and story as well. 2nd had time travel too, time travel is always stupid.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
    On top of that it's the European version he imported?
    Why? Its the exact same as the American version.

I Could see the Japanese version as its a Famicom instead of a NES
    NEW-Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Family-Computer-Japan-Game.jpg

But the European version?
    The US and European version have identical menus and games.
    At least the Japanese version has a different list of games.

• Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,881
    So i read sterling's review for BotW, it's honestly pretty spot on besides the number. His complaints for the most part are legitimate. He's just very harsh on them while most people wouldn't be when they're enjoying the game so much. His complaints about the game match up with what I do have issues with (weapon breaking is a bit overboard, artificial enemy difficulty, etc.) And he didnt really bring any new issues. He's just very critical of them and took him out of the game more than most people. The review is honestly fine. So i sont know why po is bitching
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Like Like Like Joined: Posts: 9,372 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    . So i sont know why po is bitching
    he likes the attention. as per usual with trolls.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Oni Press), TMNT (IDW)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017), We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

So in unrelated news I got less feedback noise on my Rebuilt "NES" by rewiring my AV connections.
    Got a Analogue NT Mini RGB Scart Cable from Retro gaming cables and rewire the HD-15 connector to fit my console.

The noise is not all gone, but its hardly noticeable now except if I turn my TV volume way up.
    I partially think it's my video selector switch box, but I haven't bother swapping connectors to see if that is the issue or not.
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,802
    Does anyone here have experience with raspberry pie 3 / retro pies? I'm thinking of picking one up but I haven't been able to find anything about how well the emulation for most consoles/games is. Im not expecting it to run Saturn stuff or upwards but I'd like to know if GBA, SNES and Sega CD games run at full speed without emulation fps drops.

I recently popped a few emus on my psp but the SNES one is arse.

Also on the subject of Sterling remember he gave DmC a 9/10 and actually praised its story. Jim is petty and really up his own arse at times.
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

Currently Playing: Rise of the Tomb Raider, Digimon: Cyber Sleuths, Yakuza 3
    Abbachio wrote: »
    Does anyone here have experience with raspberry pie 3 / retro pies? I'm thinking of picking one up but I haven't been able to find anything about how well the emulation for most consoles/games is. Im not expecting it to run Saturn stuff or upwards but I'd like to know if GBA, SNES and Sega CD games run at full speed without emulation fps drops.

Also on the subject of Sterling remember he gave DmC a 9/10 and actually praised its story. Jim is petty and really up his own arse at times.

The PSP SNES emulator can't run at full speed.
    The Rasp Pi 3 isn't bad for emulation, for 8 bit and 16 bit consoles and most handhelds it does a good job.
    Not flawless, but it's better than the PSP. Hell the Rasp Pi 3 runs emus better than some Laptops currently in use.
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,095
    edited March 13
    Abbachio wrote: »

I've had the Raspberry Pi 3 w/Retropie for a while now. It's fantastic. Emulates most retro systems very well, and the emulators comes pre-packed with the Retropie image so you don't even have to hunt down any. You can transfer stuff wirelessly through the built-in WiFi using FTP managers like Filezilla also.

All the systems you mentioned run pretty well. As well as stuff like PSOne, and it even has a Good Mame. Although the one ported is an old release, 2003, it runs all the classic Konami, Data East, and Capcom arcade classics to name a few.
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,568

Xillia has extremely boring environments. It sounds like a nitpick but once you play it severely weakens the sense of adventure because every spot on the world map looks the same just reskinned.

But aside from that the cast sucks. The only character I liked was Milla. Everyone else is annoying and Jude is dumb and hardly seems like a lead.

The story got bad too. Like as stuff unfolded it got worse. You may still enjoy it tho. I got far. The issues I have with are stuff that didnt hit me until I got far because thats when they started to occur..

Idk about the sequel tho
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-10-why-nintendo-switch-games-are-ending-up-more-expensive

Apparently there's a significant enough difference between the manufacturing costs of a disk and that of a Switch cartridge that it's contributing to the higher prices of some Switch games compared to their equivalents on other systems. The N64 all over again?

Optical discs, like CDs, DVDs and even Blurays are dirt cheap. You can buy a 100 blank DVDs from Staples for $10.
    And its even cheaper for manufacturers who stamp rather than burn discs.

The Switch uses priority media. Think about it like SD cards that tend to get expensive with larger sizes.
    Its a custom card with a rom chip and maybe some flash memory for saves in a SD card like shell.

Like back in the day, Game Carts aren't cheap to produce.
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,095
    edited March 13
    Darksakul wrote: »
    I know you are not talking about Retropie when you been shrilling about the NES Classic.

For the record, i would talk about the Raspberry Pi 3 a lot more but, i know how much you guys love the NES Classic instead lol.

PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Nigga. You paid 220$ for an emulator. Do you not understand it?

YOU PAID

220 DOLLARS

FOR A FUCKING ROMBOX

FUCK

I guess i shouldn't be surprised there are so many broke asses around SRK....

Darksakul wrote: »
    On top of that it's the European version he imported?
    Why? Its the exact same as the American version.

I Could see the Japanese version as its a Famicom instead of a NES
    https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/152367064000_/NEW-Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Family-Computer-Japan-Game.jpg

But the European version?
    The US and European version have identical menus and games.
    At least the Japanese version has a different list of games.

Different game lists don't matter when you have the hack and.... Hell no! The Famicon mini is a piece of shit simply because:

1) The controllers are Hard-wired into the system! WTF.

2) Controller cords every bit as short as the U.S version.

3) The gamepads are toddler sized!! Read the reviews. Those controllers on the Famicom mini are downsized quite a bit from the originals. I'm guessing so it would fit with the design of the smaller console, being able to dock/store on the sides but, still. Those things have to be uncomfortable.

WTF nintendo....

original.jpg
    Post edited by AlphaCharlie on
  • twigstertwigster Joined: Posts: 586
    Technical question:

for the PS3, do disc games take up less HDD space than digital downloads?

Just a question of buying physical vs digital copies.

Also why the hell does Sony keep the price of download games high forever? crooks.
  • SonicabidSonicabid What's wrong with- Joined: Posts: 12,293
    Technical question:

Also why the hell does Sony keep the price of download games high forever? crooks.

Yep. 99% of them do. The 1% are digital-only games that by some miracle got a disc-release. Those games will install off the disc and will need the disc to boot up(PS4 style) but then after that those games run entirely off of the HDD. Install sizes for those releases are the same whether they were digital or physical. There aren't too many of these though, quick examples would be the Tokyo Jungle disc release bundle/Flower & Journey bundles, or Medal of Honor: Frontline that installs off of the LE copy of Medal of Honor.

All storefronts have expensive digital games when sales aren't going on. Check out Steam prices when there aren't sales..basically full price for games that are 1-2 years old. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is more expensive digitally on any digital market right now compared to any local store.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,399
    Sonicabid wrote: »
    Technical question:

Yep. 99% of them do. The 1% are digital-only games that by some miracle got a disc-release. Those games will install off the disc and will need the disc to boot up(PS4 style) but then after that those games run entirely off of the HDD. Install sizes for those releases are the same whether they were digital or physical. There aren't too many of these though, quick examples would be the Tokyo Jungle disc release bundle/Flower & Journey bundles, or Medal of Honor: Frontline that installs off of the LE copy of Medal of Honor.

All storefronts have expensive digital games when sales aren't going on. Check out Steam prices when there aren't sales..basically full price for games that are 1-2 years old. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is more expensive digitally on any digital market right now compared to any local store.

And it's only gotten worse.
    There have been less deep cuts sales-wise for games, and less sales overall (aside from the indy stuff) over Steam than say, a couple of years back.

---
    And when it comes to my views of games, if a game doesn't interest me enough to play it (or if there's a mechanic or something I don't like of it), I shrug and move on, maybe commenting on videos or watching a friend play it. Kinda hard for me to say "this game sucks!" if I never tried it yet.
    I know there are a number of people who'd swear up and down Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is the bees knees, but the very dated graphics + how combat is done immediately put me off. I know I wouldn't enjoy playing it, but I'm not gonna insult the other person or the game itself if they like it.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • DANZANDANZAN NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,566
    Lets be honest with each other...

I grew up playing NES games but i haven't played a NES game or even had the urge to do so since forever.
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,828
    Capcom porting the first Resident Evil Relevations game to PS4 and Xbone in the fall. Both digital and retail
    http://gematsu.com/2017/03/resident-evil-revelations-coming-ps4-xbox-one-fall

Dropshot mode being added to Rocket League

PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,074
    ExposedD wrote: »
    Lets be honest with each other...

I grew up playing NES games but i haven't played a NES game or even had the urge to do so since forever.
    I played Blaster Master last night while settling in for bed.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Jim responding to the Zelda fans that went apeshit over his review for Breath of the Wild.

People forget 7/10 means it is a good game in an age of everything getting 9s. His arguments seemed perfectly reasonable, even if I had a Switch just the thought of degenerating weapons in a Zelda game would be enough to not want me to get it. As is the Switch is an overpriced buggy paperweight, give it at least a year to flesh things out.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
This discussion has been closed.