Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that.

Comments

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,408
    edited May 2016
    You still getting remasters.

I can't wait for them to start remastering shit that came out on X1 or PS4 for these new half-ling console "upgrades" to see the mental yoga people will do to justify it.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,277
    Wii u had better 1st party games

The other 2 have better overall libraries. What's important for a console is the amount of good games you can play on it. 1st party games are an extra bonus to the console. Who cares if dark souls 3 is on xbone or ps4, it's not on wii u and that matters more
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,852
    If i were a man of faith, i will pray for the day that limp pimpus finally gets some form of embolism.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Hecatom wrote: »
    If i were a man of faith, i will pray for the day that limp pimpus finally gets some form of embolism.

If you were a man of faith, you should pray for some form of wit to replace the vapid expanse that is your mind.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    E3's soon? Well you know what that means!

• Shin_JrShin_Jr " they need to stop it " Joined: Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    has this forum ever crashed during a E3?
    you think I'm typing just to type it

here's 50 cents run down to the store and grab a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk - GM
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,546
    Chiro wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »
    I really want RE7 to return back to its surirvial horror roots and play less like a 3rd person action game. I just wonder if that is now impossible given the trajectory of the plot in recent games.

the problem is you can't keep using characters like Leon and Chris who are specifically trained to deal with this type of thing now. RE7 needs to bring in some new faces that won't be used to fighting BoWs. can you imagine the current RE cast going through Spencers mansion now? it would be a complete joke.

either that or lets go full Dead Space and use Hunk as the main character
    2524900-hunk.jpg

he has such beautiful eyes. i want him back in a good RE so bad

Of course the issue is that due to the RE universe having entire divisions to deal with these types of threats, it would be lost. You'd only have to survive for half the time until Chris came with an entire squad. Or you'd have to get kidnapped ala Claire...multiple times.

not all. if it happens in a relatively remote area or Umbrella or whatever manages to cut off communications then that would drastically reduce their response time to the point where it would probably take all night which is pretty typical for horror games.

Basically Barry's campaign in Revelations 2. Even then the dude came with a Arsenal on his back.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,022
    I really want RE7 to return back to its surirvial horror roots and play less like a 3rd person action game. I just wonder if that is now impossible given the trajectory of the plot in recent games.

the problem is you can't keep using characters like Leon and Chris who are specifically trained to deal with this type of thing now. RE7 needs to bring in some new faces that won't be used to fighting BoWs. can you imagine the current RE cast going through Spencers mansion now? it would be a complete joke.

2524900-hunk.jpg

Of course the issue is that due to the RE universe having entire divisions to deal with these types of threats, it would be lost. You'd only have to survive for half the time until Chris came with an entire squad. Or you'd have to get kidnapped ala Claire...multiple times.

not all. if it happens in a relatively remote area or Umbrella or whatever manages to cut off communications then that would drastically reduce their response time to the point where it would probably take all night which is pretty typical for horror games.

Basically Barry's campaign in Revelations 2. Even then the dude came with a Arsenal on his back.

And the only reason more didn't show up was because again, kidnapped to an island no one would know about. And hell, if the roles were reversed and Claire was the one still stuck on the island you could be damn sure that there'd be 200 soldiers led by Chris and Leon closing in on that location within a second.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega

2524900-hunk.jpg

And the only reason more didn't show up was because again, kidnapped to an island no one would know about. And hell, if the roles were reversed and Claire was the one still stuck on the island you could be damn sure that there'd be 200 soldiers led by Chris and Leon closing in on that location within a second.

The kidnapping was only on Claire's end. Barry came to the island on his own without backup and a means to contact help. He was briefed on all the shit that was there so I resume the plan was to send a 200 man squad there. He probably went rouge and gone ahead since his baby girl was still there.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,277
    edited May 2016
    Barry doesnt need fucking backup, whats wrong with you people lol.
    Post edited by crotchpuncha on
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,022

2524900-hunk.jpg

He probably went rouge and gone ahead since his baby girl was still there.

No shit.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,475
    what about that rumoured Spidey Game from Sony
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,698
    Maxman wrote: »

isn't there always a spidey game coming from sony and don't they always turn out meh?
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,502
    So these assholes are releasing a mid generation upgrade?

I wonder how close architecture and os is close to pc that they can essentially upgrade like this.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,251
    Suprise us with Xcom 2 for PS4 and/or Xbone.

I'd be hype about that.

Hell, I'll even take a port of one of the Total War games on console.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    MS and Sony don't really need to do first-party stuff because they have tons and tons of third parties consistently putting out high-selling software for their systems. I don't think first-party content is really as important as it used to be.

When both consoles get mostly the same games, what makes them stand out?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,226
    Maxman wrote: »

isn't there always a spidey game coming from sony and don't they always turn out meh?

Spidey games of last few years came from Activision, not Sony
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 2016
    I'm looking forward to Zelda U, P5, and any DQXI news the most. As for my dream announcements, I would like a new Rival Schools and Valkyrie Profile 3. I think I've lost all hope for a new Ogre Battle.

It would be really sick if Nintendo offered the Zelda U demo for download at some point after E3. It's supposed to be 90+ minutes long.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    Speaking of DQIX, where the hell is DQVIII HD Remaster for PS4?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,346
    pedoviejo wrote: »

I wonder how close architecture and os is close to pc that they can essentially upgrade like this.

It's been x86...
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • ShogunZShogunZ You Jelly? Joined: Posts: 1,801
    po pimpus wrote: »

If you were a man of faith, you should pray for some form of wit to replace the vapid expanse that is your mind.

Irony motherfucker, do you speak it?
    PS4 Now Playing: Persona 5, Injustice 2, Horizon: Zero Dawn
    ShogunZ wrote: »

You like DmC :coffee:
  • ShogunZShogunZ You Jelly? Joined: Posts: 1,801
    ShogunZ wrote: »

You like DmC :coffee:

And yet, you're the one whom your parents regret. Hmm.
    PS4 Now Playing: Persona 5, Injustice 2, Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • DimfishDimfish Joined: Posts: 331
    got a ps4 after last years E3 because it pretty much cemented my need for that shit. Horizon Zero Dawn, FF7RE, FFXV, and of course Last Guardian are on my list. I doubt theres much to show for shenmue as of right now, games of that scope take a bit to get something 'impressive' enough for an event like E3 ready.

IIIINNNNNN regards to Nintendo, we've already got it confirmed that their E3 presentation is going to be nothing but a big fat zelda blowout shoved in ever orifice they can find on a human body, but as we all know Nintendo has been spiraling off in their own direction for years now in regards to media presentations. It would not surprise me in the LEAST if some time during the week or weeks around E3 they held their own conference, not dissimilar to the old Space World conferences Nintendo did big reveals under. Everything about their current rhetoric and media presence points to something like that, or much less impressively something like an extended Nintendo Direct. Given that the NX is only a year off, it makes sense they would want to distance themselves from the other big names in gaming and keep all eyes on them in a private, distinct conference without any outside distractions to draw away people's attention. Then again, this is Nintendo and as much as I love them I'd be lying if I said they weren't the most obtuse and bizarre entertainment company in the omniverse.
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,211
    Speaking of DQIX, where the hell is DQVIII HD Remaster for PS4?

Coming to 3ds lol
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,502
    Femto wrote: »
    pedoviejo wrote: »

It's been x86...

they are x86, but the question is how close they are to PC os design that the systems can be called real dedicated gaming desktops.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,852
    The lolbox runs on windows
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    I can't wait for platinum to announce another cartoon series they're translating into a game that will also inevitably be disappointing instead of just another new ip or entry in one of their establish series.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Frame Data Scientist Joined: Posts: 20,361
    I still want platinum to make a Samurai Jack game. I think that one's right up their alley.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
    I still want platinum to make a Samurai Jack game. I think that one's right up their alley.

oh please don't get me hype, it's only going to break my heart when it's fucking thunder cats
    Dimfish wrote: »
    I can't wait for platinum to announce another cartoon series they're translating into a game that will also inevitably be disappointing instead of just another new ip or entry in one of their establish series.

Shut the fuck up.
    Dimfish wrote: »

too be fair im i think Neir 2 is going to be the next actual Platinum game. doesn't look like its just going to be a throw out title like avatar and transformers.

• Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 921
    The only two things I'd be amped to see would be DMC5 or the Crash Bandicoot reboot.

That latter one is just a mere internet rumor, but I'd love to be wrong.

T7FR - Steve, Law, Dragonuv
    SFV - Balrog, Guile, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Benimaru/Leona
    GGxrdR - Chipp
    MKXL - Cassie

too be fair im i think Neir 2 is going to be the next actual Platinum game. doesn't look like its just going to be a throw out title like avatar and transformers.

oh right I actually totally forgot they were involved in that
    crisis averted then
    OH MAN I HOPE WE SEE NEIR 2
    I wonder if Nier will release around the same time as Scalebound?

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,211
    Femto wrote: »
    I wonder if Nier will release around the same time as Scalebound?

Nier slated for this year. Scalebound got pushed to early 2017
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,493
    I just want pokeymanz updates lol
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
    I'm just hoping for FF7 remake drama part 3. Watching the same people who begged for it to happen flipping out is just great.

it's less schadenfreude and more I always felt like asking so many game developers to spend years remaking a game without adding any of their own input is just a huge dick move.

I'm just hoping for FF7 remake drama part 3. Watching the same people who begged for it to happen flipping out is just great.

it's less schadenfreude and more I always felt like asking so many game developers to spend years remaking a game without adding any of their own input is just a huge dick move.

How can it top the episodic announcement? I don't really see it unless they mix in the spin-off titles.
  • The MartianThe Martian We Out Here. Joined: Posts: 12,083
    Heard Injustice 2 is gonna be announced.

Can't wait to see people shitting on it before we even see gameplay footage, because Netherrealm.
    "You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you."
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Is there any chance of Tekken 7 coming to USA consoles this year?
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
    Is there any chance of Tekken 7 coming to USA consoles this year?

I wouldn't hold your breath. Been waiting on a release date since like, March of last year.

I've already convinced myself that I'm gonna be stuck with TTT2 for the rest of my life at this point.

Can't wait to see people shitting on it before we even see gameplay footage, because Netherrealm.

If Nightwing gets cut from the roster I'm going to shit on them hard.

Mk9 was garbage
    Injustice was garbage.
    MKX is garbage
    Injustice 2 will be no different
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mk9 was garbage
    Injustice was garbage.
    MKX is garbage
    Injustice 2 will be no different

I'm not at all surprised a garbage poster thinks this.
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter The Sharp-Eyed Impaler Joined: Posts: 3,009

It's not like people give them shit just because of their name. They have a proven track record of three shoddily put-together fighting systems in a row and things were even worse back when they were called Midway. You really expect them to make drastic changes to their core formula out of nowhere, especially when it's a sequel?
    You should be watching Thunderbolt Fantasy.
    Injustice had that appeal of something you'd buy at the local Mexican grocery store, on sale. I tried to get people to check bit out but the animations turned them off pretty quick.

• Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,277
    Injustice had a lot of potential to be an awesome game.

They just are terrible at balancing
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Frame Data Scientist Joined: Posts: 20,361
    Injustice was fun, I just didn't like how butt the walkspeeds were. Don't like having to dash as my main movement option.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)