Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that.

Comments

• FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just automatically assume a Nether Realm game is going to be ugly, no matter what. I still haven't seen MKX in person, but I wasn't impressed...
  • DimfishDimfish Joined: Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    I loved injustice for what it was, a silly super hero fighter with a goofy plot. I enjoyed that story mode to bits, and had some fun messing around with friends in multiplayer. I never in my life expect there to be a balanced comic book fighter, when you have shitters like superman running around balance is going right out the window. Despite that I'm still looking forward to injustice 2, I hope they somehow get nazi-captain america in there, fuck i'll pay double for that shit.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Frame Data Wizard Joined: Posts: 18,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think MKX animates better, but I still think it looks bad. That's purely subjective though, as I really don't like the dark and gritty art style it goes with, just makes it look more...dated? Hard to really describe.

I mean, I guess I should expect that from the kind of game Mortal Kombat is, but...eh.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Juri
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 8,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dimfish wrote: »
    I loved injustice for what it was, a silly super hero fighter with a goofy plot. I enjoyed that story mode to bits, and had some fun messing around with friends in multiplayer. I never in my life expect there to be a balanced comic book fighter, when you have shitters like superman running around balance is going right out the window. Despite that I'm still looking forward to injustice 2, I hope they somehow get nazi-captain america in there, fuck i'll pay double for that shit.

They nerfed harley Quinn but left superman alone. The guy who had an 80% combo was left alone when harley quinn got nerfed

Balanced or not, what the fuck were they thinking here?
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter Let's Dust! Joined: Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not like people give them shit just because of their name.

You're extremely naive if you actually think this.

People shit on Capcom games JUST because they're Capcom games all the time, even on this very forum. You're telling me people don't do the exact same thing with NR? Gimmie a break. :rofl:
    And people do that because their products and business decisions have amassed a reputation. It's not just the names Capcom and NRS, it's the things that are associated with those names that have over time cultivated a negative public image. And if you want to criticize negative name association then you have to demonize the positive side of it as well, like "It's an [insert company here] game, so I know it's going to be of high quality."
    I think MKX is a great game honestly. It had 26 characters off the bat, with 3 different versions of each character. Great and consistent graphical fidelity. Frame data for each and every move in the game, no guide book required. A fully fleshed out and comprehensive story mode. Training mode, challenges and character costumes and colors available in-game with very few parameters to unlock said content. A littany of extra modes just for the fuck of it. A glossary on all the characters and collectibles in the game. And best of all, a netcode that's better than ever now that it runs on rollback.
    NRS games are great for extra content and fleshed-out single-player stuff, but all of that is rather meaningless for a fighting game unless the core fighting system is well-designed. And with the exception of Interactables and Variations (the latter of which Moons do better anyways), practically everything in NRS fighting systems is clunky and/or poorly thought out. The massive sweeping balance changes that occur every month are just NRS overcompensating for unintentional consequences of failures in the core design of their systems.
    "You either love my motion controls...or die."  Shigeru Miyamoto
  • The MartianThe Martian We Want To Eat Your Brains. Joined: Posts: 11,783 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm not gonna argue what objectively makes for good fighting game mechanics in a game. We'll be here all day. If you think MK9 is flawed mechanically, yeah, you're not really gonna be fond of any Netherrealm fighter.

I do agree that their stance on balance patches have always been pretty wonky. I think MKX is an exception here again, though.

Also @Mood4food77, they actually did nerf Supes later in the game's life. Probably after that one EVO where all we saw in the finals was a dozen Superman mains and 2 Aquaman mains. :rofl:
    "You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you."

I stopped paying attention after they nerfed harley quinn

But yea, supes got a bit ridiculous at one point
  • The MartianThe Martian We Want To Eat Your Brains. Joined: Posts: 11,783 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supes was at the point where pretty much all he needed to win was lasers in some matchups.
    "You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you."

• WickedSwamiWickedSwami Joined: Posts: 19
    i hope we get some more info on Nier. Don't think we got a release date yet

speaking of which I need to hurry up and finish Nier already
    CFN- Zunair
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, if you think I shit on Capcpom games simply because they are Capcpom games, you really haven't been paying attention.

There's a reason Strider 2014 is the only game with their name on it I suggest to people. That company is incompetent as fuck and Netherrealm makes some very silly looking and playing games with some of the unintentionally ugliest females and aesthetics I've seen lately.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    They nerfed harley Quinn but left superman alone. The guy who had an 80% combo was left alone when harley quinn got nerfed

Balanced or not, what the fuck were they thinking here?

hey man, soups is gonna do what soups is gonna do just dont question it
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 32,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Injustice was fine for the most part until they rolled out the DLC. NRS tends to subscribe to the policy of "Make our DLC uber OP so everyone has to buy it".

Plus it's pretty much the only FG in existence where I picked a main pre-release and said character actually became my legitimate main (Nightwing).

Shit...I still had tech initially that no one was using...if I could've gotten out to majors in that first couple of months I would've done damage...as long as I didn't run into any Shayeras.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People pissed at Capcom about this and that, and I'm just bummed I have nothing to play it on.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I hate the way Neitherealms games play.

I am usually ok whit it, but i certainly know why people would dislike the way they play (there are a lot of stuff that i think that they can improve a lot).
    What really ircs me is the way that they balance their games.
    Stupid shit

vladimir-putin-laughing.gif
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 19,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hecatom wrote: »

I am usually ok whit it, but i certainly know why people would dislike the way they play (there are a lot of stuff that i think that they can improve a lot).
    I tend to not like the way any developer balances their games, they almost all tend to nerf instead of buff and that's really irritating. NR seems to be particularly awful at it, but I don;t know the details because I don't like their games from the jump so I don't play them or follow their balancing practices.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • NAPNAP Joined: Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think their games always feel too...stiff? I hate how they control.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Crack is back! Joined: Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tend to not like the way any developer balances their games, they almost all tend to nerf instead of buff and that's really irritating. NR seems to be particularly awful at it, but I don;t know the details because I don't like their games from the jump so I don't play them or follow their balancing practices.

NR tends to kneejerk when it comes to balance changes. I still remember the heavy nerfs Deathstroke got early in Injustice life because most players couldn't handle his zoning. Tanya got beatdown with the nerf hammer within the month of her release.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • TonberryKingTonberryKing Joined: Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I'm being mocked for liking MKT or for thinking NRS does a good balance between hardcore/casual gamers but regardless I stand by my position.
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    You have to give credit to NRS for all the extra content/fanservice, but Injustice played like hot ass. What a POS that game was.

- Interactables were fucking dumb because there was no way to not take damage from it.

- The worst soundtrack I've ever heard in a modern fighting game.

- Really shitty animations (i.e. Flash)

- Having to commit to doing a special instead of being able to hit-confirm

- Terrible netkode

I feel like some of the issues I've had with Injustice are alleviated with MKX.

It's not my cup of tea, and there are some weird ass design choices with the gameplay for sure, but I think it's fine to have something that plays so differently from everything else.

I'd much rather Ed Boon and them would fucking wait at least another year before they announce it.
    KOF14- King/Iori/Leona
    T7FR - Steve, Hwoarang, FemRaven,
    SFV - Balrog
    GGxrdR - Chipp
    MKXL - Cassie

They really can't afford to wait another year for Injustice 2, because by then Hack Snyder will have turned everyone against DC products with his shitty movies.

Gotta strike while the iron is still lukewarm.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    edited June 2016
    Da Stunna wrote: »
    You have to give credit to NRS for all the extra content/fanservice, but Injustice played like hot ass. What a POS that game was.

- Interactables were fucking dumb because there was no way to not take damage from it.

-- No different than chip damage in most games, though it was high. They were easily punishable though if you had a bar.

- The worst soundtrack I've ever heard in a modern fighting game.

-- Idk about the worst...but it's typical forgettable NRS dreck so I won't dispute the claim.

- Really shitty animations (i.e. Flash)

-- Yep, pretty much.

- Having to commit to doing a special instead of being able to hit-confirm

-- As a Nightwing player I never had a problem actually visually hitconfirming. You just can't confirm off of single hits but due to the walkspeed of the game (abhorrent) it's not like there was any chance of that type of footsie game. But honestly I had a MUCH easier time hitconfirming in Injustice than any other NRS game.

- Terrible netkode

-- Yep, par for the course up until the MKX overhaul

I feel like some of the issues I've had with Injustice are alleviated with MKX.

It's not my cup of tea, and there are some weird ass design choices with the gameplay for sure, but I think it's fine to have something that plays so differently from everything else.

I'd much rather Ed Boon and them would fucking wait at least another year before they announce it.

Responses in bold and I have to agree with Po. Right now the DC brand is taking hits, they need to get the property out there. It just goes to show how much BvS' poor reception hurt in the grand scheme of things. Should've been an insanely good lead-in to an Injustice 2 announcement.
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Eh, I've always been more of a Marvel guy anyways.
    KOF14- King/Iori/Leona
    T7FR - Steve, Hwoarang, FemRaven,
    SFV - Balrog
    GGxrdR - Chipp
    MKXL - Cassie

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 19,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I'm being mocked for liking MKT or for thinking NRS does a good balance between hardcore/casual gamers but regardless I stand by my position.
    Who are you?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know if taunting a tonberry is a good idea...they have been known to have thick skin but usually someone ends up getting stabbed.
    Mario's Nightmare

Only watch if you don't mind awesome yet absurd stuff.

• ShogunZShogunZ Speed and Weight Joined: Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    I dont care if injustice 2 is a typical shit for brains netherrealm game. Please for the love of god, just not have the characters ugly as fuck.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Its 2016, and they make the ugliest fucking characters. MKX is no different,but it does have good looking characters, then ugly as fuck. Especially most of the women.

If the game is simply visually appealing, with mkxl netcode, and actual pc support. I'll buy it just to have it.

NetherRealm game characters seem uglier than they probably are because they stand and move and fight so unlike anything a real person would do. I think they animate "uglier" than they look.
    PS4 Now Playing: Let it Die, Skyrim SE, Bloodborne
  • ShogunZShogunZ Speed and Weight Joined: Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ewww.

Okay, point taken. Their games all still animate like shit though.
    PS4 Now Playing: Let it Die, Skyrim SE, Bloodborne
    Only NRS could make comic book women unattractive.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Only NRS could make comic book women unattractive.
    Lets not pretend that Rob Liefeld didn't happen

Plus this

FAITH_001_002.jpg

This is better than that raven face
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres ugly versions of Raven. Some of her older looks were ugly af.
    what are you guys talking about Melina is a fucking 10 on 10. I'd let her give me a blowjob any day! Pity I never got to see under that mask of hers.
    melina mileena potato patatoe
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Dimfish dumfish tomato tomatoe.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░

Zoolanderbeast - Today at 10:31 PM
    yeah jimbo makes rick ross look like white shadow
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭
    That's the thing. NRS has never made attractive female characters since they went away with the digital sprites. Remember 3D era Sonya, Jade, Tanya, etc. ? All fugly man-jawed bitches. When your best looking female character is a four-armed half dragon you need to revise your ability to draw.
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
    That's the thing. NRS has never made attractive female characters since they went away with the digital sprites. Remember 3D era Sonya, Jade, Tanya, etc. ? All fugly man-jawed bitches. When your best looking female character is a four-armed half dragon you need to revise your ability to draw.

They weren't exactly pretty in 2D either, just saying. :coffee:
    So now that Ubisoft is two steps away from the F2P mobile grave, does this mean no Aisha Tyler, terrible current "popular" music act, Tom Clancy shill-fest this E3?
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People really hate Aisha? Come on, she's awesome. Such a fantastic source for butthurt for people watching the press conference
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Aisha in Archer but at E3 she's really cringey, not as cringe worthy as the Unravelled guy though.
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[}

XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

Currently Playing: Nioh, Lost Odyssey, Yakuza 3
    I don't hate Aisha, but she loses all her comedic ability at E3 for some reason.